00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dumbuhgly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games you just can't get better at.

3,507 Views | 55 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Name one of those games that despite how many hours you chug away at it, you just can't get much better at it despite how much gaming experience you have.

For me, it's Left 4 Dead 2. I have poured loads of hours into that game, and I just can't get any better than possibly completing campaigns on Normal, if I'm lucky. Most of the time when I play with friends, we always have to drop it down to Easy once we hit the finale part.

I have no clue how people can possibly complete this game on Expert without glitching or cheating. Even Easy has loads of difficult moments where you're assaulted by multiple special infected all at the same time. Meanwhile, for some reason, it just feels like the developers love making it harder and harder.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-09 23:50:43

Fighter games. I can't be arsed to memorize combos of every character. I like the ones that requires strategy in timing rather then memorization and spamming.

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-09 23:53:39

I can't play Roguelikes and MUDs. I try to enjoy them, but it's difficult as fuck to navigate.

For instance, in HellMOO I tried to get out of hell, but gave up after 3 literal hours of going in circles and being face-raped by demons.

And Realistic driving games.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 00:00:22

Anything that is too fast, not enough time to plan (Action RPG, FPS, fighting, etc); or too slow, and it becomes boring (RTS, SRPG, Puzzle, etc).

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 00:23:11

Racing games without powerups.

And that's perception.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 00:24:25

World of Warcraft, my brother tried to get me into it so we could play but I thought it was boring and shitty.

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 00:25:28

At 5/10/11 12:00 AM, unconsidered wrote: Anything that is too fast, not enough time to plan (Action RPG, FPS, fighting, etc); or too slow, and it becomes boring (RTS, SRPG, Puzzle, etc).

So you suck at all games?

Anyway, the only game that I suck at, and can't (mostly refuse to) get better at, would be EVE. Everything else isn't problem.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 01:25:58

At 5/10/11 12:25 AM, ironraven24 wrote:
At 5/10/11 12:00 AM, unconsidered wrote: Anything that is too fast, not enough time to plan (Action RPG, FPS, fighting, etc); or too slow, and it becomes boring (RTS, SRPG, Puzzle, etc).
So you suck at all games?

Anyway, the only game that I suck at, and can't (mostly refuse to) get better at, would be EVE. Everything else isn't problem.

No, I'm good at games with substance and pace, games with a understanding of what it is, games that are hard as hell. Those are the games I'm best at.

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 02:43:45

RTS. My least favorite genre ever! Age of Empires is probably the one I have played and enjoyed the most. I fucking sucks to!

Also I fucking sucks in Street Fighter. The way you make combos in that game is really a pain in the ass! I prefer Mortal Kombat over Street Fighter any day. (Buttonmashing FTW)

And at last MMO's. I never really get the point in those games... I played Runescape for some years but thats the only MMO I have ever played over a longer period. World of Warcraft got boring after reaching level 15 or something...

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 02:49:53

music games + racing games

i'm horrible at them

but unlike most people here... i don't have a problem at all with fighters

we're a punchline to spengler's joke

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 03:51:32

It appears I have a problem with multiplayer FPS games.
I can plow single player but multiplayer is a different story.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 04:14:29

Games you just can't get better at.

target not found

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 04:49:09

Guitar hero series and Minecraft.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 05:03:50

SSF4. Got to a point where I'm pretty decent with a handful of characters but I'll never be really good with any of them. At least I have Tekken to fall back on, which I'm still pretty good at.

Also, Killzone 3/CoD. Only way I could be any better would be if I was superhuman.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 06:40:39

I've actually never found a game I can't improve on, even if the improvement is very small and over a long period of time. I'm just a natural gamer I guess. Beat my first game when I was 4 and my dad got pissed because he'd been trying for years.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 09:12:15

Rift was a game I just gave up on. That game was a handful of shit that I couldn't handle well at all. I was pretty pissed about it. Then comes the first person shooters that go multiplayer. For example, Call of Duty. I hate all of them...I'm just terrible.

Then finally, a game I never ever got good at when I was a kid...Splinter Cell. I'm a run in and gun everything type of guy. Not a walk around, climb shit, sneaking type of gamer.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 16:28:35

I can see how some people can suck at certain games, but surely you should be able to improve.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 16:40:44

for me? Starcraft 2. I just can't get that damn spawning pool out fast enough before I'm ass-raped by marines , hell i even got Zealot rushed so embarrassing.

Salvation will come in the Most desperate hour, and will be brought not by Angels or Gods, but by man.

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 16:41:15

Rouge Galaxy. But I think I suck at that because even the weakest enemies have too much health, can take half of your health in a single blow, and they give like ten EXP out of the 1000 required to level up past level 5.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 16:41:48

Team Fortress 2. Fuck that game.

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 16:43:34

At 5/10/11 04:49 AM, Sanjeev98 wrote: Guitar hero series and Minecraft.

How can you suck at Minecraft?

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 16:55:41

The classic Resident Evil games. For some reason, I just completely suck at them.

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 17:09:04

Counter-Strike. I like playing it, but these guys have 10+ years of experience. There's no way in the highway that I can compete with that.

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 17:12:01

Rare's Diddy Kong Racing on the N64. I've spent many hours of my life playing that game and even at the age of 18, I still cannot complete all of the silver coin challenges. They're damned near impossible for me.

Seriously, that game is awfully difficult. I'd like to meet the child who has gotten to the final boss.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 17:57:23

Counter Strike seems to be the game I just can't seem to get better at just by playing.
If I maybe studied the recoil pattern of the weapons and shit then maybe my game would improve but really I just want to pick up, play and have fun. And I don't have fun playing Counter Strike so I don't play it.

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 18:44:41

At 5/10/11 05:12 PM, ZJ wrote: Rare's Diddy Kong Racing on the N64. I've spent many hours of my life playing that game and even at the age of 18, I still cannot complete all of the silver coin challenges. They're damned near impossible for me.

Seriously, that game is awfully difficult. I'd like to meet the child who has gotten to the final boss.

Lol. I actually did beat it as a kid, but it was indeed very difficult and it took me months, maybe a year. I think you really need to unlock T.T. to make the game somewhat beatable. I remember you could unlock Drumstick eventually and he was pretty fast, but his steering was awful. T.T. was much better.

So if you still want to beat it, I recommend that you unlock T.T. first.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 18:52:02

I'm terrible at 2D fighting games, but for some reason I kick ass at 3D fighting games. Like, I suck at Street Fighter, and no matter how hard I try I can't even beat the first guy, but I kick every single ass I see in Soul Calibur. Also with Mortal Kombat I can only beat the ones that are 3D. I have no idea why.

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 19:24:35

Only thing I can think of right now would be drums on Rock Band. I can play on Normal just fine, can do a fair share of songs on Hard, but I can only do low-tier songs on Expert.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 22:30:22

strategy, card and almost all Rpg games. Not that I can't be them I just don't like them. I just don't have that kinda time(somewhat lying) or ability to care.

The game thats pissing me off and i'll probably never beat is kingdom hearts re: chain of memories (PS2). The card attack system is freakin fustrating, broken and annoying. Also why the fuck do i have to fight Riku so much. This would be over by now if I didn't have to fight him 5 FUCKIN TIMES!

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Games you just can't get better at. 2011-05-10 22:31:47

At 5/10/11 04:41 PM, Chdonga wrote: Rouge Galaxy. But I think I suck at that because even the weakest enemies have too much health, can take half of your health in a single blow, and they give like ten EXP out of the 1000 required to level up past level 5.

Curious if you use the guard button or not. You HAVE to use it.

As for me, I fail at RTS games of any kind.

Veritas est index sui et falsi. (Truth is the criterion of itself and the false.)

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero. (Sieze the day; trust little in tomorrow.)