00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

miaucchi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours

51,532 Views | 239 Replies

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-08 23:58:22

Does Pokemon Yellow have the Lavender town Syndrome? Supposely there are some voice you could possibly here in the song playing but it's binary noise.

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 00:27:45

At 9/8/10 09:27 PM, Alfraydo wrote: I took a listen to the second link, and then something caught my attention...

They can basically reverse the process of Spectography to create 'images' in music. Musicians do it all the time.

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 00:35:54

Damn no wonder I use to get migrains back in the day. Also its eerie because even after I'm done listening, that melody keeps plaing in my head........

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 00:41:37

At 9/8/10 10:56 PM, Yukin wrote:
At 9/8/10 10:35 PM, snyperscope wrote: Where does Gary/Blue ask if you know what it's like to have a pokemon die?

I actually have a game save coming out of rock tunnel on Yellow, and I went to see my rival but I couldn't find him saying this.

What he does say is that he caught a cubone trying to find a marowak in the tower.

I think he used the PC...
It's probably different In Yellow. Some things changed in Yellow one could assume the dialouge did too. However he does ask why you are here if none of their Pokémon are dead and giving no explanation for his own presence there. Go to the trivia section and you will see

It probably is different, but he does say something along the lines of, "Why are you here? - Your Pokemon don't look dead. - At least I can make them faint!"

He's asking why you're there, but not mentioning why he's there. I always dismissed it as a poor attempt at humor, which seemed to be part of the rival's personality, since I didn't notice that Raticate (Ratatta in my game, Yellow) had not been included in the lineup for later battles. It's not definite proof, but it could suggest that his Pokemon died if you stretch it to fit.

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 00:43:30

Fake or not i find it very interesting. I used to have some odd addiction to this song back when I played it.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 00:49:39

At 9/8/10 11:58 PM, argile wrote: Does Pokemon Yellow have the Lavender town Syndrome? Supposely there are some voice you could possibly here in the song playing but it's binary noise.

I don't know about the differences because I can't really differentiate the R/G, R/B, and Y versions (they all sound the same to me).

Apparantly the Lavender Town Tone was only in the original Japanese version, but as I said, I couldn't name distinct differences. All I know is that I don't particularly care for any variation of the music. You might say that it's one of the worst themes in the series, but I don't think so. Either way, it seems to be both the creepiest and most unique, rivaled only by perhaps the Old Chateau theme.

Both places give me the willies...

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 00:54:00

My girlfreind listened to it and saif she felt pressing against her chest. Now she feels sick like she needs to puke. It had an effect on her but not me.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 01:05:05

That song was good and I found it soothing. Especially when you played it with Mr. Fuji(Fiji?)'s PokéFlute.

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 01:36:15

The death of Gary's Raticate may or may not have actually happened, but the Lavender Town Tone is not only existant, but intentional.

I'm not saying that the claimed effects on children are real, or that the game developers considered them.

But, take a look at this:

As it turns out, the developers of the Lavender Town area had sought to make an area that would "leave an impression on the player", according to Seki Uchitada, who was a member of the development team. Seki claimed that at the time of development, a number of the team were interested in making Lavender Town a little different to the rest of the game.
"The Pokémon Tower is a visible result of that," Seki told %u30B2%u30FC%u30E0%u306E%u6B21%u5143%u30 00%uFF08"Game's Dimensions" Magazine) in an interview earlier this year. "That, and the fact that Lavender Town is so different from all the other cities in the game: it is smaller, it has fewer people occupying it, it didn't have a gym... and, of course, the music was very, very eerie. In fact, in the first version of the game, we were told to slightly change the song played in the background of Lavender Town ... because our manager told us it would make children upset. The music used in subsequent versions is different."

Snippet from Absolute Punk.

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 01:36:43

At 9/8/10 05:18 PM, Zecampeao wrote:

Here's the video

not too bad

:this one's the strangest and creepiest.

this one makes me physically sick and my head hurts, I'm gonna take a vicoden and go to bed

Try not to kill yourself.

it's just one vicoden for my head

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 01:37:36

At 9/8/10 10:21 PM, Onepiece285 wrote: People still be believe in this shit?

To be honest I just found out about it now.

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 01:47:05

If I ever for some reason kill myself I am going to have this song playing on a loop.

bro at me come

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 01:48:38

I'm just going to ask this out loud. I never felt depressed when I heard this song. In fact, I kinda like it, its catchy in its own way. I dunno.
It kinda freeked me out when I first read it (which was today) but yeah. I heard the rumor about "Follow Me" and all, you know where you can walk in the grass and a green screen pops up saying stuff.

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 01:53:05

I used to always have eerie chills going through that area of the game. Right after you get out of that dark cave you go into a cemetery town. I hated going through that tower but it never made me sad or want to kill myself.

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 03:21:38

At 9/9/10 03:16 AM, Jedi-Master wrote:
At 9/9/10 02:28 AM, CuteAndFuzzy wrote: guys it is true i used to play that game and whenever i heard that song i killed myself
Yeah me too. I kept killing myself because I couldn't handle it.

Now come on guiz... If you killed yourself then u'd b daed 4 good....
Obviasly.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 03:33:18

At 9/8/10 05:30 PM, Wolfos wrote: If you fully read the original creepy paste, you know it wasn't the lavender town music, but when you enter the grassy area for the first time before oak takes you away a pokémon can appear, when that happens you'll lose your mind.

I totally want a link. I love pokemon creepypastas but the only ones I've read are this one and the "ghost cartridge" one.

Oh by the way, that second link in the OP's post freaks me the fuck out.

I can't remember a time that song didn't scare the crap outta me.

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 08:36:38

At 9/8/10 05:18 PM, Zecampeao wrote:
Here's the video and another one that was said to be a fully decoded, the complete song, and that the guy who managed to capture all sounds killed himself, this one's the strangest and creepiest.

Holy fuck, that was creepy.

I played it and my baby started crying violently. I got her to calm down only after I closed down the youtube link.
Perhaps it's just a creepy dissonance for kids...

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 09:25:26

At 9/8/10 06:54 PM, DumbassDude wrote: http://pastebin.com/K5BPcN1Z

Interesting information. Not sure if it's credible but it's damn interesting.

That article is bullshit:
First of all, the original gameboy could not display photo's.
Second, RAM does not just take hexidecimal numbers and places it somewhere else.
Third, the letter was taken out of context.

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 09:30:16

This thread scares the fuck out of me. Seriously.

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 09:46:25

Oh god...I just...*shivers*

If you go near the end which i think is 9:30 im not sure, there is a noise that gave me the shivers. Never, have i been frightened by an 8-bit song until now. Look at the second link again and if you can't wait, go to this part 8:50. I am warning you people though, this is not meant for the human ear to hear.

My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 10:01:42

So yeah, I always found the song to be too highpitched, but not creepy. Now I'm having my questions (fuck you for ruining my childhood :P)
I did that what SineRider said and watched the spectre of the music clip, only I did it with a preset in FL Studio (I was too lazy to download SineRider's program). The screen is small and flipped, but you can see on the picture below that there's some sort of shape in there (I rotated it so that you guys didn't have to break your necks).
Other thing that I didn't see mentioned yet was the other picture. This comes in around the 8:50 mark. I've played enough Pokemon to know the full Unown alphabet and I can state that it says 'Leave now'. So...yeah, that's kinda making me say 'wut?'...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 10:08:10

At 9/9/10 10:01 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I did that what SineRider said

SineRiders screenshot shows the troll face.
Why the fuck do you believe that?

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 10:13:46

At 9/9/10 10:08 AM, Wolfos wrote: SineRiders screenshot shows the troll face.

Cuz it's true. Look at my screenshot. You can barely see it but it IS a face (can't identify it as the trollface but idk).
I made another screenshot. Didn't flip it to reduce quality loss and made it brighter.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 10:19:53

At 9/9/10 10:13 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Cuz it's true. Look at my screenshot. You can barely see it but it IS a face (can't identify it as the trollface but idk).
I made another screenshot. Didn't flip it to reduce quality loss and made it brighter.

I wasn't joking around.

My screenshot was the actually spectrograph. I also noticed a weird object near the end of the song. I overlooked it when I first ran it through. After a little amplifying and playing with the parameters of the spectrogram I managed to get a fairly visible image. It looks like it says "Dead". I can't quite make out the second word.

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 10:22:12

At 9/9/10 10:13 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Cuz it's true. Look at my screenshot. You can barely see it but it IS a face (can't identify it as the trollface but idk).

OMG! Nintendo invented the troll face!

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 10:23:04

At 9/9/10 10:19 AM, SineRider wrote: I wasn't joking around.

That's what I said.

My screenshot was the actually spectrograph. I also noticed a weird object near the end of the song. I overlooked it when I first ran it through. After a little amplifying and playing with the parameters of the spectrogram I managed to get a fairly visible image. It looks like it says "Dead". I can't quite make out the second word.

That's the second screenshot in my other post. It's a text in the Unown alphabet saying 'Leave now'.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 10:31:03

Another creepypasta from /x/?

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 10:47:02

At 9/9/10 10:40 AM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 9/9/10 10:13 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I made another screenshot. Didn't flip it to reduce quality loss and made it brighter.
What is that supposed to be? Looks like a purple butt to me.

Domestic violence!!!

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 10:50:22

At 9/9/10 10:13 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 9/9/10 10:08 AM, Wolfos wrote: SineRiders screenshot shows the troll face.
Cuz it's true. Look at my screenshot. You can barely see it but it IS a face (can't identify it as the trollface but idk).

That's fucking sweet! The people who edited that song have WAY to much time on their hands.

Can you guys see the left eye, and the toothy grin on the bottom left?

That means that Nintendo invented the troll face in the 90's, which *derp* is impossible.
Wait no, it means that some guy modified the song to reveal those images with whatever programs you guys are using.

Response to Pokemon's Lavender Town Rumours 2010-09-09 10:51:33

Oh, tilt your head 90 degrees clockwise.