00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness

20,114 Views | 51 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 07:18:07

Monthly voting time! There are five days left to visit your Account page and see if you are in the voting pool to decide the Best of August.

For anyone looking for 2011 Calendar Art ideas, I'd like to point out some NG-sponsored games with characters worth noting:

And that's just a few!

If you are in Seattle, come check out the Behemoth booth at PAX this weekend. I won't be able to make it this year but you can still meet Dan and check out BattleBlock Theater! They will also be selling Castle Crashers stuff including cell phone charms and a new king figurine that isn't available on-line yet. I'll be at the Tokyo Game Show later this month if anyone here is attending.

Madness Day is September 22nd! Read all about it. Movies, games, art, music, lit - PRIZES!

Discussion topic: What sort of news interests you most when you browse the "Artist News" section?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 07:28:09

Discussion topic: What sort of news interests you most when you browse the "Artist News" section?

Normally something associated with a recent release of theirs, maybe some game hints and tips or future updates to a submission

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 07:28:12

At 9/2/10 07:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Discussion topic: What sort of news interests you most when you browse the "Artist News" section?

I personally like to check out artists news when they've made something new, and/or are asking for opinions about something. Especially if i recognize the artist.

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 07:40:19

At 9/2/10 07:18 AM, TomFulp wrote:

There is an art section? :P

I never really browse the art section, Partly because I can't draw for shit.

anyways, I'll be sure to vote when I can get to it.

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 07:41:32

I still need to start a madness track for the contest >.>

MUSIC IS LIFE!

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 07:48:33

first!... page

farzher.com, it's not finished yet. Don't visit it!

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 08:01:45

At 9/2/10 07:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Discussion topic: What sort of news interests you most when you browse the "Artist News" section?

If it's a super popular artist, like a Krinkles, JAZZA, et al, anything they have to say often intrigues me. Could be about their next project or what they had for breakfast. For other artists, it's just normally I check if they posting about new or just submitted works, asking for opinions, or when they complain about something.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 08:28:50

Just a thought, Tom, how many users are picked from the NG community to participate in voting each month? I've only recently become one I think, but how do people get chosen?

Voting completed. Best of luck for the winners this month.
Happy Cow.

Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 08:29:21

I don't really browse the section per se, but what I really like is when artists link to/embed/discuss animations and things they really like, have been influenced by, whatever, like ZekeySpaceyLizard used to do.

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 09:02:32

I like the idea of artists putting in special extras in their news things, using the dumping grounds, like oney did.
I think I might start doing that, actually.

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 09:41:02

Don't forget about the Clock Crew!

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 09:55:25

FIRST

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 10:26:43

I can't wait to see the art on next years calendar!

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.

PSN ID:Peegler

Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 10:45:41

If it's an artist I like or a staff member, I'll usually click on it. Also worth reading if somebody has just released a website, websites are nice...

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 11:07:25

Awesome, Madness Day seems like it'll be pretty great this year.

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 12:04:39

thank you for sharing this very useful for all who are interested in them as I

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 12:19:50

"Music wanted for blah blah blah"

:>

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 12:20:47

Most of the time updates from series that I'm following. I'm still checking out Alvin-Earthworm's profile for updates of SMBZ 9 and visiting Get-Lost's profile to see if he started a new Castle episode yet. People who ask for something that I could probably do interest me, but I've never done anything like that because there already are like 30 responses then...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 12:21:49

Also, I've got a question about Madness Day: are we allowed to participated in a contest (like, Music Contest) and also submit a Flash?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 12:33:32

At 9/2/10 07:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: For anyone looking for 2011 Calendar Art ideas, I'd like to point out some NG-sponsored games with characters worth noting:

ah just what i needed, thanks a lot tom

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 12:35:56

I think artist news is probably the most exciting, all our artists are like heroes. But NG needs more involvement in fostering the growth of all artists. To the point where they could use NG in their resume/application!!

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 13:00:53

I don't have enough talent to participate in anything for Madness Day but to vote.
Can't wait!

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 13:09:13

At 9/2/10 07:18 AM, TomFulp wrote:

screenshots or visuals of proof of productivity

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 13:12:49

Look at all those amazing games. I've played most of them, but there are quite a few I haven't. I really should though, if they get mentioned they're sure to be awesome.

Also, yay for Battleblock Theatre. But that site is a bit boring. Considering there's only a youtube video and it doesn't even work. But the game looks awesome anyways. I really hope there's a PS3 version down the line.

Thanks for reminding me about the monthly voting. I always forget about that until I see a post about it. It was a bit hard chosing just 10 flashes this month though. But that lesbian Meet n' Fuck game deserved no. 1. XD

I need a sig.

PSN: gowow20

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 13:23:09

Mainly if its an artist I like and / or they have a news post about a new game / movie they made I'll usually check it out.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 13:36:36

I'll see you in tokyo.,,, or on tuesday when i get back to the office....

None

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 14:08:43

I guess to continue discussion I like to read about how a project or WIP is coming on

hello

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 14:34:52

I'd love to see some Tower of Heaven art on the calendar. That game deserves some space up there.

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 15:01:34

Battleblock Theater will comeout on XBLA and PSN at the same time, riiiiiight?

Response to Calendar Art, PAX, TGS, Madness 2010-09-02 15:34:39

At 9/2/10 12:21 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Also, I've got a question about Madness Day: are we allowed to participated in a contest (like, Music Contest) and also submit a Flash?

Yup!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature