00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

297,203 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-04 20:53:51

Week 13 Schedule:
NY Jets at Buffalo - NY
Philadelphia at Atlanta - Philiadelphia
St. Louis at Chicago - St. Louis
Detroit at Cincinnati - Cincinnati
Oakland at Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh
Tennessee at Indianapolis - Indianapolis (You'd be an idiot to choose otherwise)
Denver at Kansas City - Denver (Love ya Fro)
New England at Miami - New England
New Orleans at Washington - New Orleans
Tampa Bay at Carolina - Carolina
Houston at Jacksonville - Houston
San Diego at Cleveland - San Diego
Dallas at NY Giants - NY
San Francisco at Seattle - Seattle
Minnesota at Arizona - Arizona
Baltimore at Green Bay - Green Bay

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-04 22:11:00

#1 Florida vs. #2 Alabama tomorrow in the SEC championship. Winner no doubt plays for the BCS championship, but considering these are not just the best 2 teams in the SEC, but the best two teams in the nation, this kinda feels like a BCS championship kind of game already, just like last year.

Let's see if Alabama changes the result. I don't think they will, but they definitely have a shot as they're #2 for a reason.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-05 14:18:53

Cincy is going to lose to Pittsburgh (College)

Damn....

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-05 14:59:06

At 12/4/09 10:11 PM, phileeguy wrote: #1 Florida vs. #2 Alabama tomorrow in the SEC championship. Winner no doubt plays for the BCS championship, but considering these are not just the best 2 teams in the SEC, but the best two teams in the nation, this kinda feels like a BCS championship kind of game already, just like last year.

Let's see if Alabama changes the result. I don't think they will, but they definitely have a shot as they're #2 for a reason.

Some will say that, but I feel Texas is a little better than Alabama. Texas is an all around good team while Alabama the leans on their defense too much. I'll be rooting for Alabama, but I don't think they have much a chance verses a determined Tebow and an injured Mark Ingram.

At 12/5/09 02:18 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Cincy is going to lose to Pittsburgh (College)

Damn....

Better for them to lose here than to get blown out of the Sugar Bowl by an angry Alabama or Florida team.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-05 17:00:12

At 12/5/09 02:59 PM, reverend wrote: Better for them to lose here than to get blown out of the Sugar Bowl by an angry Alabama or Florida team.

I don't know, last year I bet Alabama was angry for losing to Florida in the SEC championship and they went on to get beat by a team in Utah that supposedly wasn't as good as them.

Still that's a bit of a moot point 'cuz Cincy won! That was one heck of a comeback.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-05 18:13:50

At 12/5/09 05:00 PM, phileeguy wrote: Still that's a bit of a moot point 'cuz Cincy won! That was one heck of a comeback.

You said it! That Pitt holder must be sick for botching that PAT.

The Florida-Bama game is one big boxing match at the half. Hit for hit, punch for punch. And I guess USC just doesn't care anymore.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-05 19:07:46

At 12/1/09 12:34 PM, EternitySpent wrote: New York Jets > Buffalo Bills.

Week 13 Continued:

Philadelphia Eagles > Atlanta Falcons
Chicago Bears > St. Louis Rams
Cincinnati Bengals > Detroit Lions
Tennessee Titans > Indianapolis Colts
Denver Broncos > Kansas City Chiefs
New England Patriots > Miami Dolphins
Pittsburgh Steelers > Oakland Raiders
New Orleans Saints > Washington Redskins
Carolina Panthers > Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jacksonville Jaguars > Houston Texans
San Diego Chargers > Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys > New York Giants
San Francisco 49ers > Seattle Seahawks
Minnesota Vikings > Arizona Cardinals
Baltimore Ravens > Green Bay Packers

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-05 20:14:48

So Florida lost, which means Alabama is headed for the Championship game. Now the question remains, who do they face? Texas, with a win will probably be their opponent. But what if they lose? Does TCU slide in, or Cincy? Or would they come up with a strange, but interesting scenario where they think Florida is still a better team than all of those and the powers at be decide to have a rematch for the Championship? We'll have to wait and see.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-05 23:41:23

Alabama and Texas it is but Texas really didn't deserve to win and McCoy almost cost them with that last second lazy pass. Man, that was a great game but Nebraska should have won.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-06 00:28:23

Yes i lost a bet with the Florida/Alabama game today of $20 but i will pay $20 to see Tim Tebow cry (in tears like he failed Jesus) after a loss any day of the week.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-06 00:33:08

My friend who is Texas fan's face tonight.

PARTY

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-06 14:58:37

At 12/6/09 12:28 AM, Molotov wrote: Yes i lost a bet with the Florida/Alabama game today of $20 but i will pay $20 to see Tim Tebow cry (in tears like he failed Jesus) after a loss any day of the week.

That was worth a lot of money.

I want to see a Florida/Boise State matchup SOOO BAAADDD so that we can finally have a lot of grounds for wanting a playoff if Boise State hands it to them. That or play against a Pac-10 team cause they are going to get crushed like the little weasels that they are.

Did I mention I hate the overrated SEC??

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-06 16:07:54

BRUCE GRADKOWSKI IS THE MAN

Fuck Pittsburgh.

Louis Murphy doin' it big too. Started over DHB in the lineup...4 rec, 128 yards, 2 TDs including the game-winner

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-06 16:15:27

At 12/6/09 04:07 PM, Buddhist wrote: BRUCE GRADKOWSKI IS THE MAN

Fuck Pittsburgh.

Louis Murphy doin' it big too. Started over DHB in the lineup...4 rec, 128 yards, 2 TDs including the game-winner

Oakland is the Pennsylvania killer.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-06 16:54:20

Bengals whooped the Lions.

Whee.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-06 19:43:54

Things I'm extremely pleased about:

Miami beats New England and puts it away with Brady making the most awkward INT I've seen in a while. My reaction at the time: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bears beat a team they were supposed to beat.

Bears

Colts stay perfect.

Things I'm miffed about:

The Saints stay perfect but did so after having to come back against...Washington? You almost lost your perfect streak to a garbage team like Washington? The team that lost to the Lions?

------------------

My dream scenario right now is that the Saints and Colts both stay perfect and meet in the Super Bowl, because it not only would be the best possible SB matchup this year, but because two perfect teams would blow the cheater Patriots season of 07-08 out of water.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-06 20:23:45

At 12/6/09 07:43 PM, 36Holla wrote: My dream scenario right now is that the Saints and Colts both stay perfect and meet in the Super Bowl, because it not only would be the best possible SB matchup this year, but because two perfect teams would blow the cheater Patriots season of 07-08 out of water.

That and we would know that Mercury Morris would finally have to shut up, and him and his '72 Dolphins wouldn't be popping their champagne anymore as the only perfect team in NFL history.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-06 21:10:42

At 12/6/09 07:43 PM, 36Holla wrote: The Saints stay perfect but did so after having to come back against...Washington? You almost lost your perfect streak to a garbage team like Washington? The team that lost to the Lions?

It's a crazy season man. The records of a lot of teams reveal some interesting little facts like that.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-06 21:16:11

At 12/6/09 12:28 AM, Molotov wrote: Yes i lost a bet with the Florida/Alabama game today of $20 but i will pay $20 to see Tim Tebow cry (in tears like he failed Jesus) after a loss any day of the week.

Jesus wept.

My friend who is Texas fan's face tonight.

A Brass Monkey? Nice

At 12/6/09 07:43 PM, 36Holla wrote: My dream scenario right now is that the Saints and Colts both stay perfect and meet in the Super Bowl, because it not only would be the best possible SB matchup this year, but because two perfect teams would blow the cheater Patriots season of 07-08 out of water.

Practically everyone's dream scenario. It looks doable too, if the Cowboys continue to suck in December and the Broncs don't show up to play.

Saints Remaining Schedule:
@ Atlanta
v. Dallas
v. Tampa Bay
@ Carolina

Colts Remaining Schedule:
v. Denver
@ Jacksonville
v. NY Jets
@ Buffalo

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-06 21:38:20

At 12/6/09 07:43 PM, 36Holla wrote: Things I'm extremely pleased about:

Forgot to mention the Giants actually winning a game, and looking pretty good while doing, even though Eli was doing his best to fuck things up. I swear to god, I thought the Giants had traded for McNabb when I wasn't looking.

The Saints stay perfect but did so after having to come back against...Washington? You almost lost your perfect streak to a garbage team like Washington? The team that lost to the Lions?

That always happens. Besides the fact that the Skins have finally started to look like (at the very least) last year's team, a lot of those "and 0" teams go down to low-level teams. I remember the Cowboys lost to the Lions late in the season 3 (?) years ago, when they were something ridiculous, like 15-2.

My dream scenario right now is that the Saints and Colts both stay perfect and meet in the Super Bowl

It'd have to go down as one of the best Super Bowls to ever to have been played. A least before the game. Who knows what'll happen during.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-07 04:19:52

Fuckin Deadskins

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-07 13:54:03

Can someone please ban Flozell Adams or at least end his season?

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-07 14:20:27

At 12/7/09 01:54 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Can someone please ban Flozell Adams or at least end his season?

He should have been off the team three years ago. He's the most overrated OL ever. Not only does he get an insane amount of penalties, but he can't fucking block anybody. He's the weakest player on the offensive line, period.

I just can't believe Romo plays like that, then the defense can't come up with the stops.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-07 19:19:50

At 12/6/09 09:38 PM, TheThing wrote:
At 12/6/09 07:43 PM, 36Holla wrote: Things I'm extremely pleased about:
Forgot to mention the Giants actually winning a game, and looking pretty good while doing, even though Eli was doing his best to fuck things up. I swear to god, I thought the Giants had traded for McNabb when I wasn't looking.

Eli did look pretty shaky in that game, especially on that pick in the endzone he threw. I saw that and said to myself "this won't turn out well" once it left his hand, and sure enough, drive killed. Though I wouldn't go so far as calling it McNabb-esque as you would. Especially since 5 has better stats than Eli in pretty much every category including comp %, TD/Int ratio, and QB rating.

McNabb usually doesn't fuck things up, like throwing a whole lot of INTs or anything, he just rarely gets it done in the 4th quarter when given the chance. Apart from the Chicago and Washington games this year he's been career-wise, "Mr. Plays-well-enough-through-3-quarters-but -can't-come-from-behind." That's the bugaboo with him really, playing like Eli did vs. the Cowboys isn't his M.O.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-07 20:14:04

At 12/7/09 07:19 PM, phileeguy wrote: Though I wouldn't go so far as calling it McNabb-esque as you would. Especially since 5 has better stats than Eli in pretty much every category including comp %, TD/Int ratio, and QB rating.

The thing with McNabb is that he's inconsistent. One week, he'll be throwing laser right at the Jackson's hands in stride from 15 yards out, but the next week he'll drill balls into the ground from 3 yards out. Also, he plays in a psuedo-West Coast system, so his completion percentage will always be pretty good.

McNabb usually doesn't fuck things up, like throwing a whole lot of INTs or anything, he just rarely gets it done in the 4th quarter when given the chance.

He can come from behind. It's not often, since the Eagles either win big or not at all, but he has some times shown some leadership late in the game. And Eli rarely throws a bunch of int's. He just is either inaccurate or is awesome.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-08 01:21:50

Week 13 Standings

Most Wins This Week:
jonthomson, michelinman, and puddinN64 - 12 wins

Most Losses This Week:
Buddhist, Fro, reverend, and Tluck-Person - 8 losses

[ Rank ] [ W - L ] [ Win% ] [ User, Prev. Rank ]
>>>01 ] [ 132 - 59 ] [ .691% ] [ reverend, 1 ]
>>>02 ] [ 130 - 61 ] [ .681% ] [ Molotov, 3 ]
>>>03 ] [ 126 - 65 ] [ .660% ] [ 36Holla, 4 ]
>>>--- ] [ 126 - 65 ] [ .660% ] [ jonthomson, 6 ]
>>>05 ] [ 124 - 67 ] [ .649% ] [ Fro, 5 ]
>>>06 ] [ 122 - 69 ] [ .639% ] [ EternitySpent, 7 ]
>>>07 ] [ 119 - 72 ] [ .623% ] [ Tluck-Person, 8 ]

>>>08 ] [ 124 - 51 ] [ .709% ] [ TheBlackDahliaMurder, 1 ]
>>>09 ] [ 34 - 14 ] [ .708% ] [ SpiffyMasta, 09 ]
>>>10 ] [ 29 - 12 ] [ .707% ] [ DELUCA2400, 10 ]
>>>11 ] [ 108 - 52 ] [ .675% ] [ TheThing, 11 ]
>>>12 ] [ 38 - 20 ] [ .655% ] [ idiot-buster, 12 ]
>>>13 ] [ 58 - 31 ] [ .651% ] [ pepeatumi, 13 ]
>>>14 ] [ 26 - 14 ] [ .650% ] [ iBagel, 14]
>>>15 ] [ 75 - 42 ] [ .641% ] [ phileeguy, 15]
>>>16 ] [ 53 - 33 ] [ .616% ] [ Buddhist, 16]
>>>--- ] [ 45 - 28 ] [ .616% ] [ Crashman, 17 ]
>>>18 ] [ 97 - 62 ] [ .610% ] [ michelinman, 18 ]
>>>19 ] [ 51 - 36 ] [ .586% ] [ SlntCobra1, 19 ]
>>>20 ] [ 13 - 14 ] [ .481% ] [ Shy2Authenik, 20 ]

>>>--- ] [ 12 - _4 ] [ .750% ] [ puddinN64, -- ]

Week 13 Rankings
jonthomson: 12-4
michelinman: 12-4
puddinN64: 12-4
TheThing: 10-6
phileeguy: 10-6
Molotov: 10-6
SpiffyMasta: 10-6
36Holla: 9-7
EternitySpent: 9-7
Fro: 8-8
Buddhist: 8-8
reverend: 8-8
Tluck-Person: 8-8

Comments
* TheBlackDahliaMurder didn't make picks this week so down down down he goes.
* Thursday game; Go make your picks!

Week 14 Schedule:
Pittsburgh at Cleveland -
New Orleans at Atlanta -
Green Bay at Chicago -
NY Jets at Tampa Bay -
Miami at Jacksonville -
Detroit at Baltimore -
Seattle at Houston -
Denver at Indianapolis -
Buffalo at Kansas City -
Cincinnati at Minnesota -
Carolina at New England -
Washington at Oakland -
St. Louis at Tennessee -
San Diego at Dallas -
Philadelphia at NY Giants -
Arizona at San Francisco -

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-08 03:21:38

At 12/7/09 08:14 PM, TheThing wrote: The thing with McNabb is that he's inconsistent. One week, he'll be throwing laser right at the Jackson's hands in stride from 15 yards out, but the next week he'll drill balls into the ground from 3 yards out.

On that I wholeheartedly agree with you.

... And Eli rarely throws a bunch of int's. He just is either inaccurate or is awesome.

And if this was the analogy you were going with in your first post about the Giants/Cowboys game, I'll agree with you again. It just looked more to me that Eli had just a very poor game, even for as far as poor Eli games go, and it seemed to me that you were making that point.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-08 08:44:00

Pittsburgh at Cleveland - pit
New Orleans at Atlanta - no
Green Bay at Chicago - gb
NY Jets at Tampa Bay - nyj
Miami at Jacksonville - jax
Detroit at Baltimore - bal
Seattle at Houston - hou
Denver at Indianapolis - ind
Buffalo at Kansas City - buf
Cincinnati at Minnesota - min
Carolina at New England - ne
Washington at Oakland - oak
St. Louis at Tennessee - ten
San Diego at Dallas - dal
Philadelphia at NY Giants - nyg
Arizona at San Francisco - sf

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-08 18:28:17

Thursday game:
Pittsburgh Steelers > Cleveland Browns

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-12-08 19:56:31

Pittsburgh
NO
GB
Indy
Buffalo
Minny
New England
NYJ
Miami
Baltimore
H-Town
Oakland (hey, if we can beat the Steelers...)
SD
Tennessee
Philly (DeSean Jackson returns = advantage Eagles)
'Zona

BBS Signature