00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Catch20Two just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

296,636 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-18 20:10:37

First off.

RAIIIIIIIIIIIIIDERRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSS SSS. HOO, HOO, HOO!

Too bad when we win a game I start the players from the losing team (had McNabb, Westbrook, Celek & Akers all on my NG League team). Two simple moves of taking out McNabb and Walter and putting in Garrard and Jonathan Stewart and I could have won this week's matchup. Walter was my bad, McNabb should have played better & received a lot more protection in the pocket. Six sacks. SIX. I said goddamn.

Maybe Tony Gonzalez can pull out a huge game and put me in the lead heading into MNF; my opponent has Vincent Jackson left to play tomorrow.

Second, final yardages for TEN-NE:

Total Yards (NE-TEN): 619-186
Total Pass Yards: 426 - -7

Lastly, today was a highly interesting QBing day in the NFL. Let's call it The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. To review:

The Good:

T. Brady: 29-34, 380 yds, 2 sacks, 6 TDs
(^ + B. Hoyer: 9-11, 52 yds, rush TD)
M. Schaub: 28-40, 392 yds, 2 sacks, 4 TDs, 1 INT
B. Roethlisberger: 23-35, 417 yds, 3 sacks, 2 TDs, 1 INT; 6 rush, 11 yds, 1 fumble
A. Rodgers: 29-37, 358 yds, 5 sacks, 2 TDs, 1 INT
D. Brees: 23-30, 369 yds, 4 TDs
J. Flacco: 28-43, 385 yds, 3 sacks, 2 TDs
B. Favre: 21-29, 278 yds, 3 sacks, 3 TDs

The Bad:

T. Edwards/R. Fitzpatrick: 15-30, 159 yds, 1 sack, 1 TD
D. McNabb: 22-46, 269 yds, 6 sacks
M. Hasselbeck: 10-29, 112 yds, 5 sacks, 1 INT
D. Anderson: 9-24, 122 yds, 2 sacks, 1 TD, 1 INT; 1 rush, -1 yds, 2 fumbles

The Ugly:

J. Campbell/T. Collins: 15-30, 164 yds, 3 sacks, 1 INT
D. Culpepper/D. Stanton: 11-25, 105 yds, 5 sacks, 3 INTs
J. Delhomme: 9-17, 65 yds, 1 sack, 1 TD, 2 INTs
K. Collins/V. Young: 2-14, -7 yds, 2 INTs; 5 rush, -2 yds, 1 fumble
M. Sanchez: 10-29, 119 yds, 2 sacks, 5 INTs

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-18 20:48:40

It should be noted that Jamarcus Russell is not newsworthy this week. He has for once in his career, hidden himself in "The Mediocre." IMO, this is more shocking than Tom Brady throwing 5 touchdowns in a quarter.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-18 22:34:27

Wow, I'm excited to see the weekly picks roster this week. I'm pretty sure that this is the most fucked up week this year, picks-wise.

At 10/18/09 03:50 PM, michelinman wrote: Nothing like watching your team get their asses handed to them one week, and then the team that demolished you gets their asses handed to them the next week. The Giants just made the Raiders look BAAAAD.

To be fair, Eli had a heel injury from 2 weeks ago. The only reason the Giants won last week was because Eli threw 10 passes. He was just the middle man between the center and the running back. But this week he was needed to throw, and he couldn't do it.

At 10/18/09 05:49 PM, Molotov wrote:
At 10/18/09 05:20 PM, 36Holla wrote: Brady had two TDs in less than a minute due to a Titans fumble. I hate New England, but goddamn I've never seen that happen before.
Lucky me i had him on my fantasy team. ^_^

And lucky me I didn't have the Titans defense

59-0? Really? I don't think that the Raiders ever sucked that much.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-19 00:28:04

Top Five Performances Of The Day (RB):

1. Maurice Jones-Drew - 33 rush, 133 yds, 4.0 YPC, 3 rush TD, 1 fumble; 5 rec, 45 yds, 9.0 YPC, 1 fumble, basically won the game for St. Louis (with the help of Josh Scobee's foot)

2. Ray Rice - 10 rush, 77 yds, 7.7 YPC, 2 TDs; 10 rec, 117 yds, 11.7 YPC, long of 63 yds

3. Panthers' Rushing Attack:

Total - 47 rush, 262 yds, 3 TDs, 1 fumble; 2 rec, 20 yds (~1/3 of Delhomme's total passing)
D. Williams - 30 rush, 152 yds, 5.1 YPC, 2 TDs; 2 rec, 20 yds
J. Stewart - 17 rush, 110 yds, 6.5 YPC, 1 TD, 1 fumble

4. Thomas Jones - 22 rush, 210 yds, 9.5 YPC, 1 TD, long of 71 yds; 2 rec, 17 yds

5. Laurence Maroney - 16 rush, 123 yds, 7.7 YPC, 1 TD, long of 45 yds; 3 rec, 10 yds

Top Five Performances Of The Day (WR/TE):

1. NE's Big Two:

Moss - 8 rec, 129 yds, 16.1 YPC, 3 TDs
Welker - 10 rec, 150 yds, 15.0 YPC, 2 TDs
Total - 18 rec, 279 yds, 5 TDs
Also, that flea-flicker from Brady to Moss was just ridiculous. Same with the Welker wide-open toss. Highlights of that game are like watching people play Madden.

2. Marques Colston - 8 rec, 166 yds, 20.8 YPC, 1 TD, long of 40 yds

3. Owen Daniels - 7 rec, 78 yds, 11.1 YPC, 2 TDs, including this TD catch.

4. Zach Miller - 6 rec, 139 yds, 23.2 YPC, 1 TD, long of 86 yds (longest TD play in 25 years by Raiders, GW-TD)

5. Pittsburgh's Big Three:

H. Ward - 8 rec, 159 yds, 19.9 YPC, 1 TD, long of 59 yds
S. Holmes - 5 rec, 104 yds, 20.8 YPC, long of 41 yds
H. Miller - 5 rec, 80 yds, 16.0 YPC, 1 TD
Total - 18 rec, 343 yds, 2 TDs

Ten Biggest Disappointments Of The Day:

1. Mark Sanchez - 5 INTs and a fumble? Against the Bills? Oof. This game should have been a gimme, but Sanchez's play kept the Bills in the game and ultimately won it for them with Sanchez's OT pick.

2. Kerry Collins - 2 completions, a pick, and -7 yards. I didn't think anyone could have performed worse than Derek Anderson did last week with 23 passing yards, but Kerry did it. If it's any consolation, Vince Young was no better, 0-2 with an INT of his own.

3. Titans' Defense - 59 points, shut out, worst loss in franchise history and the most lopsided victory in 50something years. 'Nuff said.

4. Donovan McNabb (Eagles o-line) - Six sacks and no TDs against Oakland's D is not what anyone saw coming. Jason Peters got taken out of the game with an injury, adding to an already porous O-Line, but this game was just sad to watch, and I'm a Raiders fan. Donovan was getting treated like a sack of potatoes out there.

5. Washington Redskins (Campbell/Collins/Zorn) - Played the winless Lions and lost. Played the winless Panthers and lost. Played the winless Chiefs and lost. Benched their starting QB for a dink-and-dunk passer, who proceeds to get sacked for a safety to ice the game. Zorn got play-calling duties stripped of him, but let's be real here...the man is out as a coach by the time their bye week rolls around.

6. Seattle's Passing Game - Apparently last week's 4-TD showing was an anomaly for Hasselbeck & Co. Matt had 112 yards, Houshmanzadeh got basically shut down, and they managed 3 points against Arizona's well-known-for-suckiness pass defense.

7. Jake Delhomme - 65 passing yards and 2 picks against the Bucs defense? This isn't 2002. Jake is about toast now with 10 picks in 5 games, but credit to Carolina for turning a Cardinals backup QB into a franchise QB that took them to the Super Bowl. However, it's time to get a new QB and start grooming him. And Matt Moore is not the answer. We both know that.

8. Steven Haukscha - Hate to have to put him this high, given the degree of difficulty of a 44-yard kick, but he was brought in to replace Matt Stover for a reason. He had the distance, not the accuracy this game, but at the same time he was in a dome. No wind, just noise to deal with. Story of the Ravens' season right now, heartbreaking losses. a 6-0 team that is 3-3. It's a shame.

9. Seattle's Running Game - A corps of Julius Jones, Justin Forsett and Edgerrin James is supposed to be bad, but this was just shameful. A look:

Jones - 5 rush, 5 yds, 1.0 YPC, long of 5 yds
Forsett - 2 rush, 4 yds, 2.0 YPC, long of 5 yds
James - 3 rush, 3 yds, 1.0 YPC, long of 4 yds
Hasselbeck - 1 rush, 2 yds, 2.0 YPC, 1 fumble
TOTAL - 11 carries, 14 yds, 1.3 YPC, 1 fumble

10. Giants' Defense - This long-vaunted, regaled unit shut down Oakland last week, only allowing seven points, all seven of which were accidental from the Michael Bush rushing TD after a muffed punt return. This week, Drew Brees torched them for roughly three times the amount of passing yardage they had allowed on average coming into this week, and almost four times the total points allowed by the Giants per game. Seven different Saints scored TDs (Colston, Robert Meachem, Jeremy Shockey, Lance Moore, Reggie Bush, Mike Bell, Heath Evans) and the Giants' D suddenly looks far less intimidating than it did on Saturday.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-19 00:53:59

The Patriots winning over the Titans and running up the score by continuously passing, even while being up by 30+ points was like watching a group of full grown men beating up a baby and not stopping.

First they do some well aimed stomps at the head (Randy Moss TD 1)

Then one of the guys lifts the baby up and slams the babies back over his knee, effectively breaking its spine. (Randy Moss TD 2)

After that, they swing the babies head against the wall. (Kevin Faulk TD)

Then one man stomps straight down on the babies stomach and crushes the babies lower body with his boot completely. (Wes Welker TD 1)

As the baby lies there twitching in unspeakable agony, the men pull out shotguns and each take a shot point blank at the babies face. (Wes Welker TD 2)

And finally, the men proceed to stomp on the bits and pieces that are left of the baby, making blood fly every where around their pants and boots. (Randy Moss TD 3)

All throughout this, another group of people all across the country is watching this and they all say "Why are you doing this? Clearly the baby has had enough! You should stop this now!"

And the group of men, and the people who support them say "There's nothing wrong with what we've done! You're just jealous of our superior baby killing skills! It's necessary to do everything we did to it!" That group of men then go off to drink Sam Adams.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-19 01:32:54

At 10/19/09 12:53 AM, 36Holla wrote:

Bears

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-19 06:29:44

I don't see anything wrong with what the Patriots did. They scored all of their points in the first 3 quarters, so its not like they tacked a few on at the end just for good measure. They also pulled Brady from the game somewhat promptly. I don't think they really ran up the score, most of their points were scored in the first half and it's a delicate judgment call in football when you should turn off the jets and stop pouring it on; say they pulled Brady when they went up 38-0 and became content with running futile draw plays over and over again, to dwindle the clock as fast as possible. That was still the second quarter, there would be plenty of time for the Titans to get a few lucky breaks, crawl back into the game and end up stealing it, because once you shut down your offense like that it's tough to get it started again. No one wants to be that guy.

Also, what the fuck is up with kickers this year? I realize being counted on to consistently hit field goals is a tough gig, but it's literally all you do. Your entire life's work is to boot a ball through uprights. You shouldn't be in the NFL if 45 yard and under field goals aren't more or less automatic 9/10 times.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-19 08:23:12

brag - opponent in some fantasy league had brady and welker and second most points in the league this week and still lost

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-19 09:12:41

I don't see anything wrong with it. My view is no matter how much you are ahead you give you keep your starting team in for one drive or two after the half. If the other team doesn't score a touchdown at all then it's back ups for the rest of the game. Now of course if Brady was hurt then we would all be making a big deal about it.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-19 11:38:25

At 10/19/09 08:23 AM, jonthomson wrote: brag - opponent in some fantasy league had brady and welker and second most points in the league this week and still lost

"And that's why they play the game" - Berman

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-19 11:46:24

At 10/19/09 08:23 AM, jonthomson wrote: brag - opponent in some fantasy league had brady and welker and second most points in the league this week and still lost

Kevin Walter cost me my matchup.

Fuckin' Texans.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-19 13:35:31

I'll check my fantasy teams later, if one of them managed to lose despite Brees performance that'll be even worse. It's bad enough that the Giants got raped, just hope at the very least I benefited from that.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-19 14:41:31

If they didn't start anyone else on their team, then yes. I doubt those 2 combined for more than 50 or 60 points. Granted, that's about as much as entire teams score, but still; it's possible to have the other team do great while the rest of your team take a cock to the ass.

As for the Patriots actual game, I think 59-0 is a bit excessive. There's no reason to put of that many points when you opponent has so few. Sure, they got most of their points in the first half/3 quarters, but when you're up 35-0, I think it's safe to say that few teams will be able to cover that. I want to say that the largest comeback was 36 points, and no one has ever come that close before or since.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-19 16:22:53

At 10/18/09 07:13 PM, michelinman wrote: <<<<<<< Picked the Raiders over the Eagles.

Right one week, wrong many other weeks. :P

At 10/18/09 10:34 PM, TheThing wrote: Wow, I'm excited to see the weekly picks roster this week. I'm pretty sure that this is the most fucked up week this year, picks-wise.

Glancing over the picks, it's not a bad as you would think, unless you are pepeatumi with seven losses so far.

At 10/19/09 02:41 PM, TheThing wrote: As for the Patriots actual game, I think 59-0 is a bit excessive. There's no reason to put of that many points when you opponent has so few. Sure, they got most of their points in the first half/3 quarters, but when you're up 35-0, I think it's safe to say that few teams will be able to cover that. I want to say that the largest comeback was 36 points, and no one has ever come that close before or since.

Yeah, I don't buy that argument. It's the NFL you get paid to play defense verses whoever. If you can't play defense, it's not the fault of the other team. If the other team doesn't like it, show up and stop them.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-19 23:17:46

At 10/19/09 04:22 PM, reverend wrote:
At 10/19/09 02:41 PM, TheThing wrote: As for the Patriots actual game, I think 59-0 is a bit excessive. There's no reason to put of that many points when you opponent has so few. Sure, they got most of their points in the first half/3 quarters, but when you're up 35-0, I think it's safe to say that few teams will be able to cover that. I want to say that the largest comeback was 36 points, and no one has ever come that close before or since.
Yeah, I don't buy that argument. It's the NFL you get paid to play defense verses whoever. If you can't play defense, it's not the fault of the other team. If the other team doesn't like it, show up and stop them.

Let's say you and I worked as janitors from different buildings. One day, I show up and start to shit on the lobby floor. Now, it's your job to clean it up, but in my fit of explosive diarrhea, I can't and won't stop. You also only have paintbrush and a bottle of Windex to clean up my shit. You subsequently get fired because I decided not to head into the bathroom when the first pieces of liquid shit started to drip out, and you had no way of stopping me or counter-acting my shitting.

As professional football players, you should have a certain amount of respect for the other team. You both know how hard it is to make in the NFL, and how embarrassing and humiliating it is to lose by a huge margin (huge being defined as 21+ points). Yeah, the Patriots are good. We get that when the score is 24-0 with 9 minutes left in the SECOND QUARTER.

A 59 point lead is an unheard of amount, because no team is willing to do that. That's why every other NFL team will put in their back-ups or just go with running plays for the rest of the game.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 02:14:13

Week 6 Standings

Most Wins This Week:
michelinman - 11 wins

Most Losses This Week:
Crashman, iBagel, Molotov, pepeatumi, phileeguy, TheThing, Tluck-Person, and Shy2Authenik - 7 losses

[Rank] [ W - L ] [ Win% ] [ User, Win% Rank ]
>>>01 ] [ 63 - 26 ] [ .708% ] [ Molotov, 1 ]
>>>--- ] [ 63 - 26 ] [ .708% ] [ reverend, 2 ]
>>>03 ] [ 61 - 28 ] [ .685% ] [ TheBlackDahliaMurder, 3 ]
>>>04 ] [ 60 - 29 ] [ .674% ] [ jonthomson, 3 ]
>>>--- ] [ 60 - 29 ] [ .674% ] [ 36Holla, 5 ]
>>>06 ] [ 59 - 30 ] [ .663% ] [ Fro, 7 ]
>>>07 ] [ 58 - 31 ] [ .651% ] [ pepeatumi, 5 ]
>>>08 ] [ 56 - 33 ] [ .629% ] [ EternitySpent, 8 ]
>>>09 ] [ 52 - 37 ] [ .584% ] [ Tluck-Person, 9 ]

>>>10 ] [ 43 - 15 ] [ .741% ] [ TheThing, 10 ]
>>>11 ] [ 20 - _8 ] [ .714% ] [ <a her="http://deluca2400.newgrounds.com/">
DELUCA2400, 11 ]
>>>12 ] [ 38 - 20 ] [ .655% ] [ idiot-buster, 12 ]
>>>13 ] [ 47 - 26 ] [ .644% ] [ michelinman, 13 ]
>>>14 ] [ 44 - 30 ] [ .595% ] [ SlntCobra1, 15 ]
>>>15 ] [ 33 - 24 ] [ .579% ] [ Crashman, 14 ]
>>>16 ] [ _7 - _7 ] [ .500% ] [ iBagel, --]
>>>17 ] [ _7 - _7 ] [ .500% ] [ phileeguy, --]
>>>18 ] [ _7 - _7 ] [ .500% ] [ Shy2Authenik, -- ]

Comments:
Talk about a rough week; eight pickers went 7-7 this week. Hopefully this week's pick are easier because there are only 13 games being played. :P
Only two people picked the Texans over the Bungels: TluckPerson and michelinman. Kudos to you.

Week 7 Schedule:
Green Bay at Cleveland
San Diego at Kansas City
Indianapolis at St. Louis
Minnesota at Pittsburgh
New England at Tampa Bay
San Francisco at Houston
Buffalo at Carolina
NY Jets at Oakland
Atlanta at Dallas
Chicago at Cincinnati
New Orleans at Miami
Arizona at NY Giants
Philadelphia at Washington

Bye: Denver, Detroit, Tennessee, Seattle, Jacksonville, Baltimore

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 02:21:17

^
Damn it. >:(

At 10/18/09 03:24 AM, phileeguy wrote: I'm liking the fact that you guys also talk College Football, and I'll throw in my 2 cents whenever I can (like will Weis ever beat USC?! I'm guessing no), but for the most part I'll stick with the Pro Game.

That's great. Sometimes it feels like I'm talking to myself since I really prefer college football to the pros. And no, Weis won't ever beat USC because he won't have a job after this season.

I'll join in with that trend, and if you want to throw me in with the late-comers that's fine, but you might as well just save the effort and I'll keep track of it myself.

I got ya.

At 10/18/09 03:59 PM, DELUCA2400 wrote: As for my Brownies the defense had it's moments, but the offense turned the ball over way too much. With this and the upset to OSU I lost all hope for Ohio sports. Well at least we have the Cavs.

Well there are the Cincinnati Bearcats. They are ranked # 5 in the AP Poll and in the BCS rankings. :)

At 10/19/09 11:17 PM, TheThing wrote: Let's say you and I worked as janitors from different buildings. One day, I show up and start to shit on the lobby floor. ...

Janitor is one thing a multi-million dollar player is another. Football players have a unique talent much like a doctor or a lawyer, etc. If you are losing your life you don't expect a doctor to quit or if you are losing your court case you don't expect your lawyer to pack it in. Titans just quit and the Patriots just handed it to them. Sure they could have pulled Brady but why? There is no mercy rule in the NFL.

As professional football players, you should have a certain amount of respect for the other team. You both know how hard it is to make in the NFL, and how embarrassing and humiliating it is to lose by a huge margin (huge being defined as 21+ points). Yeah, the Patriots are good. We get that when the score is 24-0 with 9 minutes left in the SECOND QUARTER.

Twenty-four point is only three touchdowns and a field goal. You must have lots of faith in your defense to yank your QB and put in your second stringers. Sure at halftime it was 45-0 but anything can happen and "you play to win the game! Hello!"

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 03:27:59

At 10/20/09 02:21 AM, reverend wrote:
At 10/19/09 11:17 PM, TheThing wrote: Let's say you and I worked as janitors from different buildings. One day, I show up and start to shit on the lobby floor. ...
Titans just quit and the Patriots just handed it to them. Sure they could have pulled Brady but why? There is no mercy rule in the NFL.

A good reason to pull Brady and other starters earlier than they were was because of the injury risk. When you're up by 30+ and you're still playing your starters in the snow that makes no sense. I really wonder how the fans would have felt if Brady or Moss got injured in what had become a guaranteed win whether they were playing or not. I guarantee they'd be crying about it just like when Brady was injured last year.

Twenty-four point is only three touchdowns and a field goal. You must have lots of faith in your defense to yank your QB and put in your second stringers. Sure at halftime it was 45-0 but anything can happen and "you play to win the game! Hello!"

The chance that any team that got beat so badly in one half making a 45+ point comeback is unrealistic. You can do running plays with the occasional needed pass play for the entire second half and still be playing to win the game. But when you're still going for it on 4th down and you're up by that much, it's disrespectful and a purposeful attempt to demoralize the other team even further. Put yourself in the Titan's position. Picture you're on that defense and you see that on 4th down, the other team is ignoring normal football protocol and going for it because they figure no matter what, they had already won the game at the end of the first half. At that point they're just fucking around because they can, and they know that the end result will be the same no matter what.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 07:46:00

packers
chargers
colts
steelers
pats
49ers
panthers
raiders
falcons
bungles
saints
giants
eagles

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 09:41:25

I would just like to say that I was once in a football game where I was ahead by over 30 points at half-time. We were so sure that we were going to win that we had our backups in. Late in the fourth quarter, after we had all the starters on the bench for an entire quarter, the team came back and scored over 20 points to catch up to us. We ended up winning that game by a blocked extra point, but if we would have kept our starters in for one or two more drives after the half we would have put them away.

I'm all for it right after the half. They pulled them right after it so what's it really matter?

Also, go Denver. :)

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 11:25:37

At 10/20/09 02:14 AM, reverend wrote:
Most Losses This Week:
Crashman, iBagel, Molotov, pepeatumi, phileeguy, TheThing, Tluck-Person, and Shy2Authenik - 7 losses

At least it was a group effort of suckage,i knew this week was gonna be tough shit.

[Rank] [ W - L ] [ Win% ] [ User, Win% Rank ]
>>>01 ] [ 63 - 26 ] [ .708% ] [ Molotov, 1 ]
>>>--- ] [ 63 - 26 ] [ .708% ] [ reverend, 2 ]

Still tied lead dog & .700 ^_^

Talk about a rough week; eight pickers went 7-7 this week. Hopefully this week's pick are easier because there are only 13 games being played. :P

Thanks a lot Baltimore kicker & Deadskins >:(

Only two people picked the Texans over the Bungels: TluckPerson and michelinman. Kudos to you.

Funny enough my buddy Ron bet $125 on the Raiders this week,don't know what the hell possessed him to do that but kudos to him as well.

ONCE AGAIN,DAMN YOU BALTIMORE KICKER WHERE THE FUCK DID MATT STOVER GO RAWR!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 12:38:31

At 8/20/09 07:34 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote:
At 8/18/09 09:02 PM, 36Holla wrote: Favre has now replaced John Kerry as the biggest flip flopper this century. Also why the NFC North? Haven't you done enough damage Brett? Now you want to be a constant pain in the side of my favorite team? (but mostly the Packers) You've got some balls.
Fuck Brett Favre. He used to be my favorite player. Then he went to the Jets and I didn't like him. Now I hope he dies in an accident at the Vikings practice facility. I also hope he's the only one who gets hurt.

I no right he is a fucking playler he sad that noe of packers would sleep with him so he decide to go see if all others team! FUCK BREET FARVE!!! BUT PACKERS ARE THE BEST

-ShElBz-<3

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 12:41:11

i think packers are better than the bears? what do you think! the bears suck no offense if you are a bears fan! and remember packers won agaisnt the bears!

-ShElBz-<3

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 15:03:19

Fun Fact: Steven Haukscha, the current Ravens kicker, was a preseason cut by the Vikings. Coincidence?

& Matt Stover is now kicking for Indianapolis while Vinatieri recovers from knee surgery. As a fantasy play he should be good this week as the Colts take on the Rams. Plenty of PATs and FGs there.

I give equal amounts of flak to Hauskscha as I do the Ravens' D for allowing Sidney Rice to get a near-60-yard catch from Favre that brought them back in the game, however.

On another subject, this:

WASHINGTON-Washington Redskins head coach Jim Zorn held a press conference Sunday to reassure fans that, despite an inability to effectively execute their offense, defense, or special teams, the Redskins were still somewhat comparable to a real football team.

"It's been a tough season so far, and even though we are 2-4, we still have players, uniforms, Motorola headsets-all the components that technically constitute an NFL team, sort of," Zorn said while grimacing and making a "so-so" gesture with his hand. "Sure, I was stripped of play-calling responsibilities by team management, and I really don't have any clue who will play quarterback for us this Sunday, but I swear to you, in a weird, very convoluted way, we are in the NFL."

Placing his hand over the microphone, Zorn then spoke briefly with an unidentified man near the stage, and announced that, for what it's worth, the organization owns the Internet domain name washingtonredskins.com through 2010.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 15:12:18

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 19:11:24

At 10/18/09 03:24 AM, phileeguy wrote: My week 6 picks:

Well they ended up as garbage. Went 7-7 in a wacky week. I mean I didn't see these upsets coming, although this past weeks Eagles game is exactly the kind of game they blow every year. Apart from that debacle Houston beat Cincy, Washington couldn't score against the Chiefs at home, Sanchez proved to be shaky and threw 5 picks, and Chicago had serious Red-Zone issues. Then again I also got a little cutesy with 2 other picks, which I guess I've got just myself to blame.

At 10/19/09 11:38 AM, Molotov wrote: "And that's why they play the game" - Berman

Damn straight.

At 10/18/09 03:31 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Oh, God!
I forgot to start Drew Brees in one of my fantasy teams :(

Be glad you didn't have Brady and forgot to start him.

At 10/18/09 04:25 PM, EternitySpent wrote: aaaaaand the Ravens channel Scott Norwood all the way to 3-3.
My picks were looking so good this week too, way to blow it Baltimore :(

You know what irks me about that game is that Brett Favre is getting credit for a 4th quarter comeback for that game. Now, technically that is true in the fact that he drove down the field to put the Vikings on top with a made field goal attempt, but he didn't put it in the end-zone. But Joe Flacco did exactly the same thing but his kicker missed the game winner. That one shouldn't have gone in the records of a Favre comeback.

At 10/18/09 07:13 PM, michelinman wrote: <<<<<<< Picked the Raiders over the Eagles.

You're certainly not alone in that shame.

Well I'm glad that wacky week is over.
Week 7 Picks:

Green Bay at Cleveland

Packers

San Diego at Kansas City

Chargers

Colts

Minnesota at Pittsburgh

Vikings, even though I kinda want to pick the Steelers at home.

New England at Tampa Bay

Pats

San Francisco at Houston

Niners

Buffalo at Carolina

Panthers, even though with the way they're playing I could easily see Buffalo winning

NY Jets at Oakland

Jets; Jets gave the game away, Oakland played decent enough to beat a team that didn't know what they were doing. I can't see both happening 2 weeks in a row.

Atlanta at Dallas

Dallas

Chicago at Cincinnati

Cincinnati, in another pick I feel no comfort in

New Orleans at Miami

Saints

Arizona at NY Giants

Giants

Philly. And if they lose this game, well their season is pretty much over.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 19:31:08

At 10/20/09 02:14 AM, reverend wrote: Most Wins This Week:
michelinman - 11 wins

It's lonely up at the top. :)

Week 7 Schedule:
Green Bay at Cleveland: GB
San Diego at Kansas City: San Diego
Indianapolis at St. Louis: Indi.
Minnesota at Pittsburgh: Oh damn. Minnesota.
New England at Tampa Bay: New England. (who's gonna pick otherwise after last week?)
San Francisco at Houston: SF
Buffalo at Carolina: Carolina
NY Jets at Oakland: We upset them last year, lets do it again. Raiders.
Atlanta at Dallas: Atlanta
Chicago at Cincinnati: Chicago
New Orleans at Miami: New Orleans
Arizona at NY Giants: Arizona
Philadelphia at Washington: Philly

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 19:37:57

Week 7 Schedule:
Green Bay at Cleveland

I made a huge mistake picking Detroit last week, but Green Bay played very sloppy. Still, I'm pretty sure the Pack can beat the Browns. Packers.

San Diego at Kansas City

San Diego needs this, and they won't lose to a team that barely beat the Redskins. Chargers.

Colts. 'nuff said.

Minnesota at Pittsburgh

Possibly the toughest matchup this week, I'll go with the Steelers.

New England at Tampa Bay

If New England can put 59 up on the Titans, I wonder what they can do to the Bucs... Patriots.

San Francisco at Houston

I don't know how I pick the weeks Houston wins. They should be murdering people with the offensive stars they have. However, Crabtree makes his debut this week, and the 49ers Defense hopefully gets a redeemer against Houston. 49ers.

Buffalo at Carolina

Another tough matchup, but Buffalo's pass defense is actually really really good. However, I'm worried about the run. I'll say Buffalo anyways because Carolina will still be stupid enough to pass. Bills.

NY Jets at Oakland

Oakland had a statement game against the Eagles, and they're going to want to continue the trend, especially since the Jets just keep losing. Raiders.

Atlanta at Dallas

Matt Ryan is officially elite. Falcons.

Chicago at Cincinnati

This will be a tight one, but I don't think the Bengals will lose two in a row. Bengals.

New Orleans at Miami

New Orleans continues to dominate. Super Bowl? Saints

Arizona at NY Giants

NY Giants pick themselves up. Giants.

Talk about a mismatch. Unless Jason Campbell lights up the Eagles D, it's hopeless. Eagles.

Bye: Denver, Detroit, Tennessee, Seattle, Jacksonville, Baltimore

I think...I hate... dick.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 19:50:41

At 10/20/09 02:21 AM, reverend wrote: Janitor is one thing a multi-million dollar player is another. Football players have a unique talent much like a doctor or a lawyer, etc. If you are losing your life you don't expect a doctor to quit or if you are losing your court case you don't expect your lawyer to pack it in. Titans just quit and the Patriots just handed it to them. Sure they could have pulled Brady but why? There is no mercy rule in the NFL.

There's no difference between a janitor and an NFL player. They all have a certain respect for each other, and completely embarrassing them by taking a 10-inch diameter dildo and shoving it up their asses for 60 minutes is not a way to show it.

I'll give them 35 points before they should have packed it in, like I said before. That's 5 touchdowns that need to be made up. No team, especially one that was 0-5 at the time, will make up that many points. Just use your back-ups, and call it a day. Just because they get paid big money doesn't mean that they should be treated in an unsportsmanlike manner. People get 15 yard penalties and fines for acting unsportsmanlike.

They put up more points in 20 minutes than some teams do in an entire game. Hell, they put up more points in the first half than teams do in 3-4 games. The Titans were completely demoralized by the time the Patriots were up 24 or 31 points, and there was no way they were going to make up all of those points. The Patriots were douchebags for putting up so many points.

At 10/20/09 09:41 AM, Fro wrote: I'm all for it right after the half. They pulled them right after it so what's it really matter?

What's your story matter? The Patriots were piling on points after their 4th or 5th touchdown, something completely unnecessary.

The reason they're catching so much flak (at least from me) is for the unsportsmanship of putting up so many points against what they made look like a high school team. As I said earlier, the largest overcome deficit in a game was 36 points (or there abouts), which happened once, in a playoff game. Clearly, that teams were not the 2009/2010 Patriots and Titans. No other team has come close to that record, and the Titans sure as hell weren't going to.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-20 20:36:50

At 10/20/09 07:50 PM, TheThing wrote:
At 10/20/09 09:41 AM, Fro wrote: I'm all for it right after the half. They pulled them right after it so what's it really matter?
What's your story matter? The Patriots were piling on points after their 4th or 5th touchdown, something completely unnecessary.

The reason they're catching so much flak (at least from me) is for the unsportsmanship of putting up so many points against what they made look like a high school team. As I said earlier, the largest overcome deficit in a game was 36 points (or there abouts), which happened once, in a playoff game. Clearly, that teams were not the 2009/2010 Patriots and Titans. No other team has come close to that record, and the Titans sure as hell weren't going to.

It doesn't matter man. If they wanted to rub it in or run the score up they could have scored 100 points that game. They didn't rub it in and they followed the rule of thumb. Or at least it was a rule of thumb when I played in organized football. You can keep some of your starters in for one or two more drives and then after that take them out.

Like I said, you never know what the hell is going to happen. That team that we played was terrible, but they got lucky again after again and ended up making it a close game in just one single quarter even though we were up by 30+ points.

You'd feel like a dick if you took your starters out and the team came back to win right? Even though it's extremely rare and probably won't happen it's much smarter to put a team away rather then let them hang around.

I mean things happen all the time that you are almost 100 percent certain that their not going to happen. I guarantee you that if I told you that the Raiders were going to beat Philly and I'll even give Philly a field goal handicap you would call me crazy.

You would have never known and crazier things have been known to happen in football. Did they need to score that much? No, but it's not even possible to say that it the Titans wouldn't be able to catch up unless you can predict the future. Highly unlikely, but possible.

And how does my story about a team who almost won after a 30 point deficit not mean anything? That doesn't make sense at all. Its a perfect example of assuming that you have put your opponent away. If we would have stayed in two more drives we would have led by over 40 points and we wouldn't had to risk losing the game like we almost did. No different from the Patriot game either as we were elite compared to that team.