00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DanielHenryDaneeD710 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

296,719 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-10 19:43:14

At 10/9/09 09:25 PM, Crashman wrote:
At 10/9/09 11:14 AM, DELUCA2400 wrote: Oakland at NY Giants - Giants Even without Eli the Giants are still going to win.
He actually practiced today, so its looking good for the Giants.

Eli Manning is surprisingly tough. He hasn't missed a start so far in his career. And if you watch him play, he'll stay in the pocket and take a hit just to get the perfect pass off.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-10 20:12:10

At 10/8/09 08:59 PM, TheThing wrote:
At 10/8/09 11:45 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Libel anyone?
Rage mode initiated, trolling commenced.

Overflow detected. Resetting. Commencing.

Week 5 Schedule:
Cleveland at Buffalo

I'm feeling that Cleveland still doesn't have their shit together, no matter what last week showed.
Bills

Dallas at Kansas City

As bad as I may think Dallas is, KC is worse
Cowboys

Minnesota at St. Louis

Minnesota is going deep in the playoffs this year, while St. Louis is going deep in the draft.
Vikings

Oakland at NY Giants

No explanation needed
Giants

Tampa Bay at Philadelphia

I'm not sure about this game. If McNabb plays, he'll still be hurting and that will give Tampa a good chance. But if Kolb plays, it'll be a close game (closer than it should be) with Philly winning. If I had to bet my life on one team it would have to be...
Eagles.

Pittsburgh at Detroit

Again, no explanation needed
Steelers

Washington at Carolina

Another horrible NFC East-NFC South match up. I still don't think Carolina is too good though.
Redskins

Cincinnati at Baltimore

A great game. 2 very good teams butting heads. But Baltimore is kind of old defensively and doesn't have too many standouts on offense besides Flacco (whose younger brother I've met. He sucks at QB but is fast as hell)
Bengals.

Atlanta at San Francisco

Michael Crabtree will be a non-factor if he plays. He has no report with Smith and doesn't know the plays. But the Falcons aren't too good either, only slightly better.
Falcons

Jacksonville at Seattle

Another bad game. No idea who's going to win, but this can be my underdog pick of the week.
Seahawks.

Houston at Arizona

They got a good rivalry going, don't they? Should be another interesting game, but look for last year's runner up winning.
Cardinals.

New England at Denver

Should be a good game. Could we see Brady finally come back to form? Don't think so.
Broncos.

Indianapolis at Tennessee

Tennessee somehow lost all their mojo in the playoffs and blow.
Colts.

NY Jets at Miami

As much as I want Miami to have another good season like they did last year, the Jets are having a fantastic year.
Jets.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-10 22:51:11

At 10/10/09 06:02 PM, jonthomson wrote: funny that the feed that we can supposedly get to watch any game outside the US (which is fucking pricey) has epically failed basically every week. so i'll just watch whatever sky has.

but this week's game will not be pretty.

At least you have somethin'. I don't have a TV as of now so I haven't seen a game in a while, just been following via online boxscores and word of mouth.

I assume you only get Sunday Night Football/MNF?

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 04:35:58

Cleveland at Buffalo - Bills
Dallas at Kansas City - Cowboys
Minnesota at St. Louis - Vikings
Oakland at NY Giants - Raiders
Tampa Bay at Philadelphia - Eagles
Pittsburgh at Detroit - Steelers
Washington at Carolina - Panthers
Cincinnati at Baltimore - Ravens
Atlanta at San Francisco - Falcons
Jacksonville at Seattle - Seahawks
Houston at Arizona - Cardinals
New England at Denver - Patriots
Indianapolis at Tennessee - Colts
NY Jets at Miami - Jets

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 14:00:13

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 14:00:44

At 10/10/09 04:32 PM, Buddhist wrote: Man. I actually cannot wait to watch the Giants destroy the Raiders this week

It only took a half.

lulz

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 15:33:22

Buffalo needs to get it's shit together now, 3-3 against the browns; my god 0-0

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 16:18:31

At 10/11/09 02:00 PM, Molotov wrote:
At 10/10/09 04:32 PM, Buddhist wrote: Man. I actually cannot wait to watch the Giants destroy the Raiders this week
It only took a half.

lulz

The saddest part is that the Giants back up (David Carr) ended up throwing more passes than Manning did.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 16:30:57

Only the Buffalo Bills can lose a game to the opposing quarterback who throws 2-17 23 yards and 1 INT.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 17:04:04

I think its just about time for TO to start bitching and moaning.

Also, how bout them Cincinnati Bengals?

Once again, they're involved in a game that decided in the last moments and they get the win in Baltimore to move to 4-1, and they're now in first place in the NFC North (With wins over the Ravens AND the Steelers).

On an unrelated note.. FUCK YOU, FRANCONA, AND FUCK YOU, PAPELBON!

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 17:06:53

At 10/11/09 05:04 PM, pepeatumi wrote:
Also, how bout them Cincinnati Bengals?

The Cardiac Cats are back baby.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 17:09:57

Dallas really dodged a bullet taking it to OT with the Chiefs. Good thing too because I didn't what to have two weeks of hearing them sniping at each other (bye week next week).

And would somebody tell me what the hell the person who designed the AFL jersey for the Broncos was thinking; I know it was the 60s but come on. They look ridiculous verses the Pats.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 17:59:36

I lost all fath in the bills today >.<

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 18:19:36

At 10/11/09 05:09 PM, reverend wrote:

And would somebody tell me what the hell the person who designed the AFL jersey for the Broncos was thinking; I know it was the 60s but come on. They look ridiculous verses the Pats.

I know, the horse is doing something perverted with that horn...

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 18:46:48

At 10/11/09 05:59 PM, idiot-buster wrote: I lost all fath in the bills today >.<

There was no faith to begin with.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 19:07:41

You know, Weinbender's book about Walter Payton taking steroids will probably be released around the time when Uwe Boll wins the Academy Award...or when they finally demolish that crumbling bank but held back by a year each time.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 19:24:47

At 10/10/09 10:51 PM, Buddhist wrote:
At 10/10/09 06:02 PM, jonthomson wrote: funny that the feed that we can supposedly get to watch any game outside the US (which is fucking pricey) has epically failed basically every week. so i'll just watch whatever sky has.

but this week's game will not be pretty.
At least you have somethin'. I don't have a TV as of now so I haven't seen a game in a while, just been following via online boxscores and word of mouth.

I assume you only get Sunday Night Football/MNF?

we get sunday night, and one early/late game. we now no longer get MNF because five suck cock

and ffs i have denver +3 and it's in overtime, need this one after TB +14.5 and Buf -6.5 epic failed

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 19:39:11

5-0 unbelieveable

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 19:53:10

pop quiz - which QB went 2/17 for 23 yards and an int this week?

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 20:10:58

Rivers getting geeked up to face that 5-0 Broncos team next monday.

6-0 next tuesday

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 21:23:46

At 10/11/09 07:50 PM, iBagel wrote: HA! Denver you cease to amaze me taking down that skirt wearing son of a bitch Tom Brady and his overrated team. Hell yea!

If the Broncos makes it to the playoffs, McDaniels might be a leading candidate for the Coach of the Year award, especially when considering that Cutler fiasco.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-11 22:44:52

It was a win in OT... Long season still ahead...

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-12 01:16:10

I didn't even bother to watch this weeks game. I slept in instead of setting my alarm, knowing full well the annihilation at hand, and when I woke up it was 41-7 in the third quarter, so it was probably for the best. At least Jamarcus had an over 500 pass percentage for once this week. 8/13. Haha.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-12 05:21:09

At 10/12/09 01:56 AM, DELUCA2400 wrote: Man that was the worst game I have ever watched.I kept on thinking "hey someone will score", but it never happened.

Even WE got a touchdown I'm told. Haha. I'm not certain though, because I've started up on the trend of not actually watching the games, but rather just checking the score at the end of it. MUCH less painful that way. It sucks to be 5 games into the season saying we'll get em next year. :*(

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-12 10:06:57

Man for the last two weeks I went against Denver and for the last two weeks I've been wrong. For the last two weeks my dad has had bets on the team playing Denver and of course has lost each one losing over 100 dollars in total. Broncos are my favorite team and I'm still going against them more then I give them credit for I guess.

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-12 16:45:08

Buffalo needs a QB with an arm. Like NOW. Trent Edwards is a pussy with the ball, and you can't have that when you have two very viable deep threats in Lee Evans and TO. Checkdowns are meant to be a changeup, not your go-to move.

Thing is...they have no backups that are decent. They let Losman go, and while Losman did suck, at least he had an arm. Ryan Fitzpatrick showed last season that he is just an awful QB, even by backup standards, and no one has ever even HEARD of their 3rd-stringer.

No FAs they could sign that would make a difference, either. Damon Huard, but he'd just be a stopgap at this point, being 36. Jeff Garcia is essentially a slightly improved, older version of Edwards, and he won't get signed because of bad chemistry in the past with TO. Andrew Walter is slow as fuck in the pocket and isn't worth the time, and Marques Tuiasosopo is starting to get up there in age, though he wouldn't be a bad signing at all (and likely on the cheap), and he has a pretty solid arm and his accuracy is fair.

I think it'd be a good move by Buffalo to sign Joey Harrington to a deal as a backup QB. Or at least fucking get him on the practice squad. Something. At least he has some semblance of an arm; he's not going to be great but he'd be an improvement over Fitzpatrick as a backup and could put a little added pressure on Edwards to actually chuck the ball downfield once in a while.

And it's not like the offseason will bring about a lot of potential arms to sign. Jason Campbell is pretty much done in Washington, but he's more or less the black Trent Edwards. Checkdown, checkdown, checkdown. With the way Denver has played so far, it appears Kyle Orton will most surely be back for another season or three.

Other than that, you're looking at a lot of guys who are not accurate but with a big arm (Kyle Boller, Kellen Clemens, Daunte Culpepper), guys who are accurate but don't have a big arm (Pennington, Rex Grossman, Tarvaris Jackson) and unproven QBs (Troy Smith, Brett Ratliff, Clemens).

The majority of guys addable through trades don't appear to be worth the effort. Vick would not fit that scheme, he's a scrambling QB; Tarvaris likely stays on for the rest of the year in case of a Favre breakdown; Leftwich is so-so, about as good as Edwards but with the opposite game (inaccurate, big arm); Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson both appear to be pretty terrible; Matt Leinart isn't going anywhere, Vince Young isn't going anywhere, Chad Henne isn't going anywhere.

You could probably get Pat White from Miami, Chris Simms from Denver, John Beck or Troy Smith from Baltimore, Sage Rosenfels from Minny, Drew Stanton from Deet or Josh Johnson from Tampa, but none of those guys are proven as a full-season QB. Still, it's obvious that either way Edwards is not the answer, and he's keeping them mired in mediocrity.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-13 02:57:28

Week 5 Standings

Most Wins This Week:
jonthomson, TheThing, SlntCobra1, and reverend - 11 wins

Most Losses This Week:
36Holla, Crashman, TheBlackDahliaMurder, and Tluck-Person - 7 losses

[Rank] [ W - L ] [ Win% ] [ User, Win% Rank ]
>>>01 ] [ 54 - 21 ] [ .720% ] [ Molotov, 1 ]
>>>02 ] [ 53 - 22 ] [ .707% ] [ reverend, 5 ]
>>>03 ] [ 52 - 23 ] [ .693% ] [ TheBlackDahliaMurder, 1 ]
>>>--- ] [ 52 - 23 ] [ .693% ] [ jonthomson, 6 ]
>>>05 ] [ 51 - 24 ] [ .680% ] [ 36Holla, 3 ]
>>>--- ] [ 51 - 24 ] [ .680% ] [ pepeatumi, 4 ]
>>>07 ] [ 49 - 26 ] [ .653% ] [ Fro, 6 ]
>>>08 ] [ 48 - 27 ] [ .640% ] [ EternitySpent, 8 ]
>>>09 ] [ 45 - 30 ] [ .600% ] [ Tluck-Person, 9 ]

>>>10 ] [ 36 - _8 ] [ .818% ] [ TheThing, 12 ]
>>>11 ] [ 10 - _4 ] [ .714% ] [ DELUCA2400, -- ]
>>>12 ] [ 28 - 16 ] [ .636% ] [ idiot-buster, 13 ]
>>>13 ] [ 36 - 23 ] [ .610% ] [ michelinman, 11 ]
>>>14 ] [ 26 - 17 ] [ .604% ] [ Crashman, 14 ]
>>>15 ] [ 36 - 24 ] [ .600% ] [ SlntCobra1, 10 ]

Comments:
The rift raft are sorted by winning percentage regardless of games pick. Seems fair since no one is moving up or down much.
Only one person picked the Browns over the Bills: DELUCA2400. Congrats to you!

Week 6 Schedule:
Houston at Cincinnati -
Detroit at Green Bay -
Baltimore at Minnesota -
NY Giants at New Orleans -
Cleveland at Pittsburgh -
Carolina at Tampa Bay -
Kansas City at Washington -
St. Louis at Jacksonville -
Arizona at Seattle -
Philadelphia at Oakland -
Tennessee at New England -
Buffalo at NY Jets -
Chicago at Atlanta -
Denver at San Diego -

Bye: Dallas, Indianapolis, Miami, San Francisco

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-13 03:05:35

We should have a little poll:

Which coach is going to get fired first?
A. Jack Del Rio (Jags)
B. Tom Cable (Raiders)
C. Dick Jaron (Bills)
D. Steve Spagnuolo (Rams)
E. Jim Zorn (Redskins)
F. Other

At 10/11/09 08:10 PM, Molotov wrote: Rivers getting geeked up to face that 5-0 Broncos team next monday.

That pic is going to give me nightmares.

At 10/12/09 10:06 AM, Fro wrote: Man for the last two weeks I went against Denver and for the last two weeks I've been wrong. For the last two weeks my dad has had bets on the team playing Denver and of course has lost each one losing over 100 dollars in total. Broncos are my favorite team and I'm still going against them more then I give them credit for I guess.

Well they are playing the 2-2 San Diego Chargers next. I'm pretty sure what your next pick should be.

Unless
At 10/12/09 04:45 PM, Buddhist wrote: Buffalo needs a QB with an arm. Like NOW. Trent Edwards is a pussy with the ball, and you can't have that when you have two very viable deep threats in Lee Evans and TO. Checkdowns are meant to be a changeup, not your go-to move.

Thing is...they have no backups that are decent. . . .

You said it. What they should do is trade TO, since you know he is leaving after this season anyways, for some mid-draft picks or try and get a decent QB. I think the TO experiment Buffalo is over.

At 10/11/09 07:50 PM, iBagel wrote: HA! Denver you cease to amaze me taking down that skirt wearing son of a bitch Tom Brady and his overrated team. Hell yea!

Hell yea!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-13 14:10:32

Ugh, had a bad week of picks.

Week 6 Schedule:
Houston at Cincinnati - Bengals
Detroit at Green Bay - Packers
Baltimore at Minnesota - Vikings
NY Giants at New Orleans - Giants
Cleveland at Pittsburgh - Steelers
Carolina at Tampa Bay - Panthers
Kansas City at Washington - Redskins
St. Louis at Jacksonville - Jaguars
Arizona at Seattle - Cardinals
Philadelphia at Oakland - Eagles
Tennessee at New England - Patriots
Buffalo at NY Jets - Jets
Chicago at Atlanta - Falcons
Denver at San Diego - Broncos

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2009-10-13 15:30:35

At 10/13/09 03:05 AM, reverend wrote: Which coach is going to get fired first?
A. Jack Del Rio (Jags)
B. Tom Cable (Raiders)
C. Dick Jaron (Bills)
D. Steve Spagnuolo (Rams)
E. Jim Zorn (Redskins)
F. Other

Cable, Jauron, Zorn, Del Rio, Spags, in that order. John Fox is a wildcard, same with Wade Philips.

BBS Signature