00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

186,651 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-02-08 19:11:05

At 36 minutes ago, Dean wrote:
At 1 hour ago, tally1989 wrote: Is anyone getting gotham city impostors? The beta was great and I can't wait to play the full version, which came out today/yesterday.
Seriously tempted to buy it, although I'll be waiting until I have a lesser workload to get through. I thought the beta was brilliant fun and I'd be more than happy to buy the full game, assuming it's priced around 1,200MSP or lower.

Another person on the fence here, it's a wonderful game, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Beta. But It's my best friends birthday on Sunday, and I promised him a present, then next month I've got to drive to a music festival with a fair few friends.

I thought you guys might enjoy this script, it bring back the respond to thread option on every post, so you don't need to quote and delete text or scroll back up. Thanks to Xaotic.

Played some of Bastion, fun game. +20

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-02-08 19:24:42

At 52 minutes ago, Dean wrote: Seriously tempted to buy it, although I'll be waiting until I have a lesser workload to get through. I thought the beta was brilliant fun and I'd be more than happy to buy the full game, assuming it's priced around 1,200MSP or lower.

The price should be 15$

I'd buy it even if the price was 30$
I enjoy it way more then mw3 and I love that you can customize your character so much.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-02-08 20:53:30

SSX Soundtrack is goood.

I honestly can't figure out links with the redesign...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10776-SSX-s-46-
Song-Soundtrack-Revealed.html

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-02-28 10:12:56

So I try to find more games to get on my PS3 and from looking at three retail shops, all I've picked up is Just Cause 2. Although I do have several PS3 games I need to go through, I felt I could do with more to keep myself busy.

At 2 weeks ago, Makeshift wrote: SSX Soundtrack is goood.

My future brother in law is hoping to get that game for free from the company he works for so I'm looking forward to playing it myself whenever possible. I loved SSX from the sixth generation and would like to see how the series has been treated in 2012.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-03-05 16:30:24

Preordered Mass Effect 3 and Unit 13 on Thursday night and they shipped already so I'll probably have them on release tomorrow. I don't know why people hate Gamestop / EB Games so much. They always get my preordered games to me on time.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-03-08 14:32:51

At 1 month ago, Bahamut wrote:
It has achievements too? Wasn't sure if they were able to do it but now that it's confirmed, that's sweet! I guess I will have to put this game right after beating Stranger's Wrath.

I'd definitely recommend picking it up. I wasn't sure if it was going to be as good as I had remembered, but I'm glad to say that it is. Getting a game of four players going (online or local) makes for a really fun time.

Also, here's a warning: The achievement/trophy for getting to the boss of level 3 on survival mode will bug the crap out of you. It took me way too many tries to get that one.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-03-09 09:08:44

At 18 hours ago, ZJ wrote: I'd definitely recommend picking it up. I wasn't sure if it was going to be as good as I had remembered, but I'm glad to say that it is. Getting a game of four players going (online or local) makes for a really fun time.

I think you're a little slow on the recommendation. I picked up the game and even went through it with my sister while she was here for my mum's birthday.

Also, here's a warning: The achievement/trophy for getting to the boss of level 3 on survival mode will bug the crap out of you. It took me way too many tries to get that one.

I had attempted this but it is a tricky one. Not sure if this has to be solo in order to obtain it, though.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-03-09 10:35:45

Hello, Video Game Regulars, don't mind if I join in? I promise to post regularly, hah.

Consoles Owned: PS1, NES, Sega Genesis, GBC, GBA, Nintendo DS, Wii.
Online User Names: Not a big fan of online gaming, though I do play a lot with my friends on the PC
Current Games Being Played: Digimon World 2003, Earthbound.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-03-09 12:24:37

Anyone play gotham city impostors? If yes, what do you think of it?

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-03-09 20:35:40

Huzzah!
It is I, majormelthesackboy.

I own a playsation 3!
I usually play littlebigplanet2 or some other game.

PSN: Majormel84

Anyways, It'll be great to talk to you all since I'm considered a regular.

right?

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-03-21 09:31:32

One more week of work to do after this then I'm on a month study break with three exams at the end of it so I'm finally going to get to start gaming again. It has been so long. All I want to do it sit down and play something without having to worry about meeting deadlines. Is that too much to ask?

Skyrim is the first thing on my list of games to play, although I've been wanting to play that again for a while. If I have the patience I might then try and play through Dragon Age: Origins, although I think that will take more dedication than Skyrim will.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-03-21 10:19:59

Wassup gamaz!

Video gamers Unite and all that!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-03-22 08:55:06

Majora's Mask is really in need of a replay. From the looks of things it'll be a few years until we see it on the 3DS so for now I'll have to settle with the GC port. I've only played through the whole game once and that was five years ago. Since then I've played Ocarina of Time three times and I prefer Majora's Mask (but hey, OoT is still damn good). Ocarina of Time feels more straight-forward so it's easier to play through it time and time again.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-03-27 17:29:20

Just thought I'd leave this here. It's been front paged so you may have seen it already, but it's pretty good and I'm sure some of you guys will find it amusing if you haven't already.:

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-01 05:46:32

Walked past my local GameStation last night when I was on route to the pub and discovered that yes, it has closed down. They had the windows covered with posters which read "Nearerst GAME store: Edinburgh" and "Nearest GameStation store: Carlisle". Looks like I no longer have a dedicated high street gaming store now. I'll miss that place.

RIP my local GameStation store :(

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-01 05:58:40

At 4/1/12 05:46 AM, Dean wrote: Walked past my local GameStation last night when I was on route to the pub and discovered that yes, it has closed down. They had the windows covered with posters which read "Nearerst GAME store: Edinburgh" and "Nearest GameStation store: Carlisle". Looks like I no longer have a dedicated high street gaming store now. I'll miss that place.

RIP my local GameStation store :(

Damn, that sucks. It's happened to me and it always suck to have to change your routes to get games. How far are Edinburgh and Carlisle from you?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-01 06:10:05

At 4/1/12 05:58 AM, 1-800-CockJoke wrote: Damn, that sucks. It's happened to me and it always suck to have to change your routes to get games. How far are Edinburgh and Carlisle from you?

To get to the one in Edinburgh, maybe a little under an hour by car. I'm not sure how long it takes to get to Carlisle, but I'd guess an hour and a half. Never actually been there.

the worst part is that I now have no real reason to want to venture into town during the day. GameStation was the only store that I actually had a proper look around. Now if I want to buy games I'll have to get them online. I just prefer having physical shops. It was nice to walk around and be surrounded by video games.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-01 06:23:12

At 4/1/12 06:10 AM, Dean wrote: I just prefer having physical shops. It was nice to walk around and be surrounded by video games.

This, I am sure as hell going to miss my local store. Sure I can browse some of the latest titles in Tesco or Morrisons, but it's just not the same as being surrounded by games.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-02 05:58:11

I'm trying to beat the first Sonic game AND get all the chaos emeralds. Any of you guys managed to pull this off? If you have, I commend you.

I think it's the most frustrating thing ever but I am determined to do it! Currently have up to the green emerald. I think there's two to go? This will be a productive day.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-02 07:33:21

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-02 08:02:52

At 4/2/12 07:33 AM, iMini wrote: Game has been saved.

That's good news. I hope this means that my local GameStation store will be opening up again, although I'm sure the bigger stores will be their priority. Although maybe the fact that mine is the only one for quite some distance, they might open it back up.

In Sonic related news, I got the sixth chaos emerald, expecting the following boss battle to be the last one, but there's more levels. This Labyrinth zone is a pain in the ass. Although does anyone know if there's still a point in trying to finish the levels with 50+ rings? I did act one of this zone like that and never got anything special happen.

Think I might go for a walk to let out some of the rage that has built up as a result of playing this.

I WILL BEAT THIS GAME!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-02 11:13:13

Note to self: Never try playing the earlier Resident Evil games using the classic gameplay style right after indulging yourself with 4 and 5 back-to-back. I was going to start up Code Veronica but had a hard time adapting to the gameplay. I felt better just by picking up REmake again.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-02 12:03:44

Sweet. I beat Sonic with the "good" ending for collecting all the chaos emeralds. Now I reckon I'll move onto Sonic 2 after I've had my dinner. Never before have I found Sonic to be so much fun, even if it is bloody hard at times. I never thought of it as being anything special in the past.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-02 12:32:58

At 4/2/12 12:03 PM, Dean wrote: Sweet. I beat Sonic with the "good" ending for collecting all the chaos emeralds. Now I reckon I'll move onto Sonic 2 after I've had my dinner. Never before have I found Sonic to be so much fun, even if it is bloody hard at times. I never thought of it as being anything special in the past.

If you're really liking Sonic, I'd recommend Sonic CD, it's 400MSP. I never personally played it, but it's been highly recommended to me by friends who have played it. Apparently it's "Sonic 2.5"

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-02 12:58:43

At 4/2/12 12:32 PM, iMini wrote: If you're really liking Sonic, I'd recommend Sonic CD, it's 400MSP. I never personally played it, but it's been highly recommended to me by friends who have played it. Apparently it's "Sonic 2.5"

I only have 140MPS on me, sadly. I'll look into that though. Although I have no idea when I'll next have some points to spare.

Sonic 2 is way harder when it comes to getting the Chaos Emeralds. Tails is fucking stupid and keeps running into bombs, losing all the rings he collected. Somehow I get the feeling that you have to make use of the second player feature if you want to do this.

Might move onto another MagaDrive game.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-02 13:36:37

At 4/2/12 05:58 AM, Dean wrote: I'm trying to beat the first Sonic game AND get all the chaos emeralds. Any of you guys managed to pull this off? If you have, I commend you.

I did it on the PSP version of the Megadrive collection. It's a lot harder to do in the second game from what I remember.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-02 17:23:07

I'm getting ready for GTA V and play GTA IV from scratch in insane difficulty level(no cheats).

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-02 17:25:55

Consoles Owned:

- NES
- Super Nintendo
- Nintendo 64
- Gamecube
- Wii
- Game Boy Advance
- Game Boy Advance SP
- Game Boy Micro
- Nintendo DS
- Nintendo DS Lite
- Nintendo DSi
- Nintendo 3DS
- PlayStation
- PlayStation 2
- PlayStation Portable
- Xbox 360
- PC

Online User Names:

Steam - MotherBound64
Xbox Live - MotherBound64

Current Games Being Played:
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- The Orange Box
- Portal 2

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-02 17:35:59

At 4/2/12 05:23 PM, tonypar16 wrote: GTA IV from scratch in insane difficulty level(no cheats).

GTA IV has difficulty levels? That's news to me. Or do you mean that you're going to find it harder because you're not using cheats? If it's the latter, GTA IV isn't a hard game at all. In fact, beating any of the GTA games without cheats isn't too challenging.

At 4/2/12 05:25 PM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote: Consoles Owned:

- NES
- Super Nintendo
- Nintendo 64

You have a decent collection of consoles there. Still have them all, or are those consoles that you've owned at some point, but not any more?

I'm currently thinking of buying one of those three consoles that I left quoted. Partly because I collect games/consoles and as they get older, they're going to be harder to obtain and partly because I've been watching a lot of AVGN recently and really got in the mood to play some classics.

Speaking of AVGN, does anyone have any funny/informative gaming related YouTube channels to recommend? I've only recently started using YouTube "properly", and by that I mean that I've only recently started subscribing to channels and stuff. I don't have all that many, so if there's some good ones out there, let me know.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-02 18:02:13

I've been playing the second and third Professor Layton games lately. These writers must be on some serious cocaine, can't wait to see what calibre of bullshit the 4th game contains.

At 4/2/12 05:35 PM, Dean wrote: I'm currently thinking of buying one of those three consoles that I left quoted.

The SNES is by far the best of those three. Just saying.

Speaking of AVGN, does anyone have any funny/informative gaming related YouTube channels to recommend?

You've probably heard of him and he's not informative in the slightest really, but this guy is possibly the funniest game related youtuber I've come across. If you want informative, Classic Game Room has reviews for literally every game you've ever heard of.