00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

186,274 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-25 07:08:45

You know, it just struck me that there doesn't seem to be any games that I'm waiting to be released. Usually there's always some far off title that I'm waiting to buy, but right now there doesn't seem to be any.

I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 3 a little, but it's not a game I feel like I need to instantly purchase. With the previous two titles in the series I actually waited until they fell in price considerably. Or rather, I only decided to buy them when I noticed they cost very little.

Any games you guys are excited for?

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-25 10:49:19

At 1/25/12 07:08 AM, Dean wrote: Any games you guys are excited for?

Hitman (this one is the biggest deal by a mile)
Tekken Tag 2
Street Fighter X Tekken
MGS HD (Out next week)

That's all I'm interested in right now. It's still only January after all.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-25 11:19:01

At 1/25/12 10:49 AM, Quinny wrote: Hitman (this one is the biggest deal by a mile)

Forgot about this. Little sceptical about some of the new decisions they've made, like that red line which tracks enemy movement. We'll see if it's any good though.

JC, I know a place where we can touch aliens from another planet

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-25 12:43:39

At 1/8/12 01:27 PM, ZJ wrote: Is Pikmin 3 on the way? I haven't seen a confirmed report of it.

Did you even catch up on the E3 news from last year? Hell, I thought you were over the moon when it was announced Pikmin 3 was being made for the Wii U. However, Conker's Bad Fur 2, you got a point there. Yeah... At least a publisher is likely to pick up Tim Schafer for a Psychonauts sequel EVENTUALLY! Let's see if it even sees the light of day by the end of the decade.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-25 21:34:42

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-26 11:43:59

At 1/25/12 09:34 PM, Oliver wrote: Rate my games list newgrounds
Anything missing?

Where's the other GTA games!

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-26 12:57:32

Anything missing?

You have lots of old games on your list like Sonic CD and Commander Keen. This pleases me.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-26 15:18:29

Decided to install TF2 again although I have a 10.5gb download to go through first. I'm not sure why but I think watching people play it in the Kyoto Lounge at the weekend might have something to do with making me want to play it again, even though I suck at it.

I'm also back in the frame of mind where I want a better PC. Something more suited for gaming but I just don't have the budget. This might actually give me reason to look for a job over the summer but that feels so far away. Probably a good thing because it will only make me procrastinate even more than I already am.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-26 15:34:44

At 1/26/12 03:18 PM, Dean wrote: I'm also back in the frame of mind where I want a better PC.

I'm constantly in this state of mind. I'd kill for a PC tailored to my wants.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-26 15:42:20

I just got me a brand spankingly new gaming computer, only £420 I think. Hopefully will be getting it all sorted out very soon to start gaming with.

also, I'm excited about Far Cry 3 to be honest, I really enjoyed the 2nd one and from what I've seen this next installment is going to be 10 times better.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-26 16:37:53

At 1/26/12 11:43 AM, simon wrote:
Anything missing?
Where's the other GTA games!

What others? They're all there :X

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-26 20:20:24

Wish I made use of 4OD on the Xbox sooner. It looks like it could make boring night time TV a thing of the past. I just expected it to have episodes of things that had recently been shown on TV, not full backlogs of some TV series.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-26 20:26:01

I recently watched all of The IT Crowd on it. Pretty good stuff.
I wish they'd get some new adverts though.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-26 20:26:12

At 1/26/12 08:20 PM, Dean wrote: Wish I made use of 4OD on the Xbox sooner. It looks like it could make boring night time TV a thing of the past. I just expected it to have episodes of things that had recently been shown on TV, not full backlogs of some TV series.

I spend my nights with Peep Show running in the background.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-26 20:29:14

Currently going through The Inbetweeners. Not seen these earlier episodes.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-26 20:35:23

At 1/26/12 08:29 PM, Dean wrote: Currently going through The Inbetweeners. Not seen these earlier episodes.

Only the first 2 series' are good imo.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 02:09:20

Simpsons Arcade Game likely to come back as a downloadable game on modern consoles.

Words cannot describe how happy this makes me. I remember loving this as a kid and beating it at a Local Family Fun Center. Did any of you guys get a chance to play it?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 06:08:56

This 4OD thing is a bad influence on me already. I managed to fall asleep watching Inbetweeners, woke up at about 8am and realised my Xbox had been on all night. I don't like leaving things on over night :(

At 1/27/12 02:09 AM, ZJ wrote: Did any of you guys get a chance to play it?

Nope. The only Simpsons game that I can recall playing as a kid was Night of the Living Treehouse of Horror on Gameboy Colour. I found it really had back then. Briefly played Bart vs. the Space Mutants on the Atari ST as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 06:43:57

At 1/27/12 06:08 AM, Dean wrote: This 4OD thing is a bad influence on me already. I managed to fall asleep watching Inbetweeners, woke up at about 8am and realised my Xbox had been on all night. I don't like leaving things on over night :(

One of my friends always leaves his Xbox on. Just yesterday it said "Away since 24/01/12".

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 07:09:24

At 1/27/12 06:43 AM, Makeshift wrote: One of my friends always leaves his Xbox on. Just yesterday it said "Away since 24/01/12".

See, I'd just keep thinking that if I was to leave the Xbox on that long, I'd be shortening it's life. Not sure if that's actually true, but it seems better to not leave it on longer than required.

Also, thanks to iMini I'm currently downloading the Gotham City Imposters beta. Looks like a pretty interesting little game. Shame I have so much coursework to get done, which I already feel I'm starting to fall behind with.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 07:15:03

At 1/27/12 07:09 AM, Dean wrote: Also, thanks to iMini I'm currently downloading the Gotham City Imposters beta. Looks like a pretty interesting little game.

I've been really looking forward to that game, but I didn't get a beta code. Signed up for it yesterday morning.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 08:30:08

If you like 4OD atleast get the 30 day Netflix trials. Movies and TV shows. If I'm not playing games, I'm usually browsing the internet watching Warehouse 13 or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 10:45:48

At 1/27/12 08:30 AM, iMini wrote: If you like 4OD atleast get the 30 day Netflix trials.

Only concern there is that if I do like it I wont be able to then keep paying for it. Does sound like a pretty awesome service though. Little disappointed when my friend told me that there's no Sons of Anarchy on it though.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 12:35:10

I signed up for the trial.

It's a little... sparse. At the moment.

I'm pretty sure I can watch every single thing I want to before my 30 days run out.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 12:43:03

At 1/27/12 02:09 AM, ZJ wrote: Words cannot describe how happy this makes me. I remember loving this as a kid and beating it at a Local Family Fun Center. Did any of you guys get a chance to play it?

At an arcade from the mid 90s, yes. I cannot wait for this to hit modern consoles. I'll have so much fun playing this again.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 12:59:14

the code I got with arkham city to activate catwoman says it can also be used as a gotham city impostors beta key. I don't play monthly fee games and don't want to get into it if I can't keep playing it so anyone who wants it can have it.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 13:01:40

At 1/27/12 12:59 PM, Death wrote: the code I got with arkham city to activate catwoman says it can also be used as a gotham city impostors beta key. I don't play monthly fee games and don't want to get into it if I can't keep playing it so anyone who wants it can have it.

Pick me.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 13:04:47

makeshift got it, first come first serve

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 13:26:20

At 1/27/12 12:59 PM, Death wrote: the code I got with arkham city to activate catwoman says it can also be used as a gotham city impostors beta key. I don't play monthly fee games

It's an awesome Cartoon-like batman FPS, like if TF2 and CoD had a baby, then went all silly and over the top, $15.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-27 14:19:54

At 1/27/12 01:04 PM, Death wrote: makeshift got it, first come first serve

Code did not work, but I will not rest until I play Gotham City Imposters. Thanks anyways.

Isn't the game coming out in like a week anyway?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature