00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rvillarreal123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

187,077 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-12 21:48:13

At 4/12/12 09:19 PM, iMini wrote: Remember, it's 3 games, with a total of 2000GS as well. I think that's pretty generous.

It's 5 games if you count Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 06:36:39

At 4/12/12 09:19 PM, iMini wrote: It's not exactly expensive Dean, £25 on Amazon and I'm sure you can find it cheaper. Remember, it's 3 games, with a total of 2000GS as well. I think that's pretty generous.

I know, but having just spent £110 on N64 stuff, I'm a little hesitant to spend that much on a game just now. I do have a £10 Tesco gift card that can be spent online, which means I could get the MGS collection for £17. Other options are the limited edition of Dark Souls for £7 (which is the one I'm currently considering), Sonic Generations for £2 or Silent Hill collection for £10 (never played a Silent Hill game).

I'm edging more towards Dark Souls, partly because it's a limited edition (albeit a pretty shit one) and because it seems more like my sort of game.

At 4/12/12 09:48 PM, SpiderTaco wrote: It's 5 games if you count Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2

Oh yea, I always forget about that because I've read the back of the box in stores a couple times and there's no mention of it at all. The Metal Gear games probably interest me more than the MGS ones to be honest.

Oh and Majora's Mask arrived this morning. Really happy with it because it's pretty much mint condition. Even better condition than my boxed Banjo Kazooie. There's some creasing on the instruction book, but that's the worst of it. I reckon this is probably now the prize piece of my collection.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 06:49:14

Actually, I take that back. Someone must have bought the last limited edition of Dark Souls over night, because it's no longer available :(

Might just pick up a copy of Sonic now. We'll see.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 08:08:38

At 4/12/12 01:31 PM, Dean wrote:
At 4/12/12 11:02 AM, Bahamut wrote: My only gripe is that most of the cartridges will be without the boxes but getting the whole thing will cost a lot more.
I don't mind just having the cartridge, but I much prefer owning the box. Cartridge games generally seemed to come in cardboard boxes which people were more likely to throw out. I regret throwing out my Gameboy game boxes.

I'm glad I've kept most of my game boxes. I don't have any from pre-GBA era but I've done what I can to keep all the game boxes for GBA, DS and 3DS games. Well, the last one isn't really a task seeing as it's still new.

I wish I had an indie game store. In fact, aside from a Blockbuster, Tesco and Asda there's nowhere in my town that sells games now. I miss GameStation although they weren't much use for retro stuff any more anyway.

Damn, without GAME and Gamestation, it's like a ghost town there.

I was thinking of trying to add to my PS1 collection, the only problem is that the type of games I'd want to but for it are RPGs (which sell for a lot on PS1) and some of the popular games I lost, like Croc, Spyro and so on which sell for a fair bit too.

I was lucky to get Spyro 1 for £10. Some might be pricey but it's sure as hell worth it!

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 10:13:34

At 4/13/12 08:08 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm glad I've kept most of my game boxes. I don't have any from pre-GBA era but I've done what I can to keep all the game boxes for GBA, DS and 3DS games. Well, the last one isn't really a task seeing as it's still new.

I don't understand how people can lose the plastic cases for games. Cardboard I understand because if you leave them lying around they get squashed, tatty and end up looking like they belong in the bin. Your games will definitely be worth more boxed, especially if the cartridges are smaller ones like GBA. From what I've heard from collectors online, they often wont buy a lot of Gameboy games unless they are boxed because they're a bit of a pain to store otherwise. Plus, they look pretty unimpressive if you display your games and they're not boxed.

Speaking of which, how do you guys store your video games? I guess if you're the kind of person who only owns a few at a time it's not really an issue, but if you have a decent amount, it gets tricky unless you dump them up in the attic or something.

Currently, I keep my Xbox games on a shelf by my desk, with the rest in the drawer below, along with the N64 games. Then I have all my other games stored behind a mirrored wardrobe. I really wish that I had enough space in my room to place a massive bookshelf to store them all on so that they are all on visible display. It's a shame to have a collection of something and no nice way of displaying it.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 10:29:47

At 4/9/12 10:20 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: Has anyone played Metal Gear Solid 3 for the 3DS? I played the demo and I couldn't get used to the control scheme. I think it would help to have a second analog stick on the 3DS to play it. MGS3 was great on the PS2 and the controls are easy to get accustom to but on the 3DS the controls are not practical.

This has been annoying me for a while now. You can get a second analog stick on the 3DS. It's hideous though.

At 4/13/12 15:30 AM, Dean wrote: I have a lot of games u jelly?

That's very impressive Dean. I only have a handful of PS2 games (though they are games that hold a special place in my memories (such as SotC (still in mint condition) and MGS3)) and only around 15 Xbox games, most are either from the Q4 2011 games rush (Skyrim, GoW 3, MGS HD, BF3) or games I've just had a long ass time and not got rid of or lost or found for a really low price (MW2, NFS Prostreet, Halo ODST).

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 10:32:22

I know this isn't related to anything at all, but I trust the VG forum with anything involving media.

I'm going to start watching Mad Men, because I heard it was good. I went through the wikipedia article, and no joke, it does not tell me anything about what the program is actually about. All I know is it's set in the 60's in 'Murrika.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 10:51:16

At 4/10/12 06:20 PM, Dean wrote:
At 4/10/12 05:11 PM, Auz wrote: So you're also collecting N64 games?
Well, I've always collected video games but I only just added all this N64 stuff to my collection last week and seeing as I've bought the console, I'd like to add all it's good titles in time.

I see. Well you already got a bunch of good ones. I could name a few more if you want some recommendations.

Over the past few years I've been expanding my collection as well. I think I got most of the classic, highly rated titles by now. The only ones I'm thinking about adding are Kirby and the Crystal Shards, Pokemon Snap and one of the Turok games.
The Turok games seem fairly cheap, aside from Turok 3. That seems to sell for more on eBay.

I believe the second one (Seeds of Evil) is considered the best so I think I'll try that one.

I know it all seems expensive, but the good thing is that the games don't lose their value anymore. If anything, they'll only become more valuable. So if you don't like a game or if you're done with it, you can always sell it for about the same price.
I don't think I could ever bring myself to sell off any of my games, but I do like to try and check out the selling price of various games from time to time. I like to try and identify some of the more sought after games I own.

Me neither. I kinda like to have a big collection, even if there are games in there that I hardly ever play anymore. But just in case you feel bad about having spent money on a game you don't like.

At 4/12/12 09:49 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/10/12 05:11 PM, Auz wrote: So you're also collecting N64 games? Over the past few years I've been expanding my collection as well. I think I got most of the classic, highly rated titles by now. The only ones I'm thinking about adding are Kirby and the Crystal Shards, Pokemon Snap and one of the Turok games.
I never had a Nintendo 64 and while I could pick one up for second hand somewhere, I fear that the console could be at the end of its lifespan. I've had bad experience with consoles in the past so I'm reluctant to get second handed consoles.

From my personal experiences, Nintendo's hardware is really tough and durable. All the Nintendo consoles and handhelds I have still work perfectly fine and I don't think my N64 is going to die any time soon (despite the countless hours I've played with it). Those game cartridges also seem a lot more durable than the discs they use nowadays.

So I don't think you'll be taking such a big risk if you're getting one from a trustworthy person.

The only PS1 game that failed to work on the PS3 for me is FFIX. Everything else I've tried has been fine, though.

Of all the games it just had to be FFIX. That would be a major bummer for me.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 12:11:45

It's time to post some videogames.

I wish I had a bigger bookcase, but I like this one as it's literally the perfect depth for holding games.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 12:35:39

At 4/13/12 10:29 AM, iMini wrote: such as SotC (still in mint condition)

Shadow of the Colossus I assume? It's a game I've heard people speak of, but I literally have no idea what it is. I just had a quick look for it on Amazon and you could probably sell that for upwards of £15. I'll have to watch some videos for this game later to see what it's like.

At 4/13/12 10:51 AM, Auz wrote: I see. Well you already got a bunch of good ones. I could name a few more if you want some recommendations.

Sure. It might take some time before I get around to buying them, but it's a console I'd like to get more games for, so recommendations would be appreciated.

I believe the second one (Seeds of Evil) is considered the best so I think I'll try that one.

Turok 2 is the only Turok game I have. Not played it yet so I can't vouch for it though.

So I don't think you'll be taking such a big risk if you're getting one from a trustworthy person.

Yea, if you're buying used consoles from someone on eBay or Amazon just check their seller rating first. For something like a console I wouldn't particularly want to buy them from someone who doesn't have much of a selling record built up.

At 4/13/12 12:11 PM, Jackho wrote: It's time to post some videogames.

For those of you who have collections of games, it would be cool to get more images posted. I tried something like this in the past but never got much response.

I wish I had a bigger bookcase, but I like this one as it's literally the perfect depth for holding games.

Yea, I'd prefer something like that. It's easier to take things out from a shelf like that, where as the way I keep my old games, they're stacked on top of each other and if you want something from the bottom of the pile, it's a pain in the ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 15:24:08

At 4/13/12 12:35 PM, Dean wrote:
At 4/13/12 10:29 AM, iMini wrote: such as SotC (still in mint condition)
Shadow of the Colossus I assume? It's a game I've heard people speak of, but I literally have no idea what it is. I just had a quick look for it on Amazon and you could probably sell that for upwards of Ã'£15. I'll have to watch some videos for this game later to see what it's like.

You travel around with your trusty stead and slay Colossi (I think there's something like 12 of them). There no enemies other than the Colossi. There is no music. It's a very quaint and artsy game, but it's absolutely fantastic.

It's not something that I'd ever consider selling, at least, not for a long time. I mentioned before, while I was working at Gamestation I saw someone trade in a prestine condition Ico, and it was being sold for £1.99 which is a goddamn bargain. But by the time I went to buy it, it had already been snatched up. Regret not buying it sooner so much.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 15:47:31

What's up with those playstation 2 games? Are they custom cases? or those shitty ones you get used games in at gamestop?

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 16:05:45

FFXIII is such a bad game. I really think it could be worse than VIII. Anyone know if FF Tactics Advance or Tactics A2 is any good?

At 4/13/12 12:35 PM, Dean wrote: Shadow of the Colossus I assume? It's a game I've heard people speak of, but I literally have no idea what it is. I just had a quick look for it on Amazon and you could probably sell that for upwards of Ã'£15. I'll have to watch some videos for this game later to see what it's like.

I don't think it's possible to legitimately dislike SotC. Basically you want to revive your girlfriend and must hunt down and kill 16 Colossi with only your sword, bow and loyal steed to do so. There are no other enemies, but each colossus is unique and best of all genuinely feels colossal, making the ground shake with each laborious step. It keeps you playing to see what you encounter next.

Inbetween fights you travel across a huge but empty and desolate land with no music to add to the sense of isolation, it's the perfect contrast to prevent the fights alone from getting dull and I have yet to find another game that gives the same feeling as diving off your galloping horse onto a huge beast, climbing up it's back and praying you'll get just one more stab before it shakes you off, only to feel an odd sense of guilt once you finally topple the beast (it was just minding it's own business after all). There's simply nothing else like it.

By the way I'd advise you to watch as little gameplay as possibly so as not to spoil the colossi designs and strategies.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 16:09:26

At 4/13/12 03:47 PM, SineRider wrote: What's up with those playstation 2 games? Are they custom cases? or those shitty ones you get used games in at gamestop?

That's how PS2 cases are in the UK and possibly Europe. In America, you guys have cover art that continues onto the spine of the case, right?

At 4/13/12 04:05 PM, Jackho wrote: By the way I'd advise you to watch as little gameplay as possibly so as not to spoil the colossi designs and strategies.

It sounds like an odd concept and I'm sceptical of how it works, but everyone seems to love that game so I guess I'll need to check it out some time.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 16:19:24

At 4/13/12 03:47 PM, SineRider wrote:

What's up with those playstation 2 games? Are they custom cases? or those shitty ones you get used games in at gamestop

Nope, those are the official, standard cases in PAL territories. Just plain black text on a white background on every spine, it looks lame and I have no idea why they did it. I assume it was an official requirement since literally every single game has it, even the limited edition steelbook games have the same plain spine. It's the same thing on PSP, and since it's region free I import some of my PSP games solely for the better looking cases.

It's the same on the Wii and DS too, but it might be a worldwide thing on those.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 16:49:06

Just decided to boot up my PSP for the first time in ages and update it to the latest firmware. Made me realise that you have access to the PlayStation Store on this thing. I'm not a PlayStation user now, so I've never checked out their store and I'm quite surprised at the selection of PS1 games that they allow you to download and play on the PSP. Shame all the games I'd want are being sold at £7.99 when everything else is around £4.99.

Been considering getting some PSP games anyway, although I'll go for hard copies over digital downloads. Still not too sure what to get though, I just want to give this console another chance. Only played a small selection of games for it and they generally seem to be pretty cheap to pick up pre-owned now.

I'll need to buy a replacement cap for the thumb stick though. I lost it years ago and now there's just a little stump that turns the end of your thumb to mush if you use it long enough. Thankfully a replacement cap is only a couple of pounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-13 17:14:07

At 4/13/12 04:09 PM, Dean wrote:
At 4/13/12 04:05 PM, Jackho wrote: By the way I'd advise you to watch as little gameplay as possibly so as not to spoil the colossi designs and strategies.
It sounds like an odd concept and I'm sceptical of how it works, but everyone seems to love that game so I guess I'll need to check it out some time.

For sure you should. On Jackho's advice of not watching gameplay, you can watch the first boss, he appears in the cover art and it'll give you a good idea of what the game is like. It really is a wonderful, wonderful game.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-14 07:37:37

At 4/13/12 12:35 PM, Dean wrote:
At 4/13/12 10:51 AM, Auz wrote: I see. Well you already got a bunch of good ones. I could name a few more if you want some recommendations.
Sure. It might take some time before I get around to buying them, but it's a console I'd like to get more games for, so recommendations would be appreciated.

I don't what kind of games you're into, but I'll just name a bunch:

- Banjo Tooie
If you liked Banjo Kazooie. I think Banjo Kazooie had better level design, but this game is a lot more expansive. The levels are much longer, there's a lot more things you have to do to obtain jiggies. It's a good sequel in my opinion and it's not as pricey as some of the other popular post-2000 N64 games. I paid 30 euros for a copy (no box).

- Conker's Bad Fur Day,
One of my favourites of all time. I especially recommend this one. It's one of the most expensive games for the N64 though. 40 euros was the cheapest deal I could find and I've seen them going for 50 euros and up (not even boxed).

- Diddy Kong Racing or Mario Kart 64
I think the former is the better game, but Mario Kart is more popular. Problem with MK is that you'll be finished with it within a weekend and after that it's really only fun when you're playing with friends. In DKR there's just more to do and it's also fun to play with friends.

- F-Zero X
A more serious racing game. Personally I'm not really into this genre, but if you are then you might want to get this one. I think this is about the best racing game you'll find for the N64.

- Paper Mario
If you want an RPG. It's a simple one that mostly aims at kids, but I had lots of fun with it. I think together with Conker's Bad Fur Day this is about the most expensive game you'll find for the N64.

- Jet Force Gemini
One of Rare's earlier games. Quality wise it's not as good as some of their later games, but I think it's a fun, third-person shoot-em-up.

- Command and Conquer
It's the only RTS game for the N64 as far as I know. I think there's nothing wrong with this title, it's a pretty solid game overall. I'd only buy it if you're really into this genre though.

Lastly, I think the Pokemon Stadium games are alright, but if you don't have a Transfer Pack and don't own copies of any of the first two gen games then definitely do not bother with these. I think they were mostly meant to be an extension to the gameboy games.

Turok 2 is the only Turok game I have. Not played it yet so I can't vouch for it though.

It gets the highest ratings and I believe many consider it a classic shooter. Some online store here sells it for 5 euros apparently, so even if I end up hating it I won't be wasting much money.

Yea, if you're buying used consoles from someone on eBay or Amazon just check their seller rating first. For something like a console I wouldn't particularly want to buy them from someone who doesn't have much of a selling record built up.

Indeed.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-14 12:24:01

The majority of those games you listed cost a fortune, Auz. I'd like to add them at some point, but like I say, my money is very limited right now so they'll have to wait.

I've actually been looking for an RPG series to get into. Preferably something that started a while ago and has still seen modern releases. I was tempted by Final Fantasy, but I'm not sure. I guess I'm after something a little less mainstream. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I wanted to try something a little more obscure. I'll do some rummaging around but any suggestions are welcome.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-15 14:53:44

At 4/14/12 12:24 PM, Dean wrote: I guess I'm after something a little less mainstream.

That's a retarded reason not to try something and you know it, they're mainstream for a reason. And really, you can't call yourself a gamer unless you've at least tried FFVI, VII, and IX at some point.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-15 14:56:42

Also anyone who says MK64 is relevant today is borderline retarded, the sequels are the exact same thing but better in every way, there's no reason to get the 64 version unless you have full power nostalgia goggles. And if you're going to get Command & Conquer, why on earth would you get the N64 version?

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-15 15:55:03

At 4/15/12 02:56 PM, SpiderTaco wrote: And if you're going to get Command & Conquer, why on earth would you get the N64 version?

Because it doesn't work on modern OS's.

Stop your trolling dawg.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-15 16:32:17

At 4/15/12 02:53 PM, SpiderTaco wrote: That's a retarded reason not to try something and you know it, they're mainstream for a reason.

It's not a retarded reason at all. What's wrong with trying to find a not so well established series to play instead of going for something that everyone ends up playing eventually?

I've also spent quite a while today trying to find some good additions to my PSP collection. I just want to get more games for that system. I never really gave my PSP much of a chance back in its day, partly because of the relatively poor set of games I had for it. Particularly RPGs but a lot of the ones that are highly recommended seem to cost a fair bit in the UK or aren't even listed on Amazon.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-15 17:37:45

They re-released Command & Conquer Gold as freeware a few years ago for the 10th anniversary or something. No idea if it'll run on Windows 7 but I can't imagine it being much fun with an N64 controller either. My copy of Red Alert still works on Windows 7, so I assume the original would too.

At 4/15/12 04:32 PM, Dean wrote: I've also spent quite a while today trying to find some good additions to my PSP collection.

Crisis Core and FF Tactics are mandatory, Persona 3 Portable if you haven't played it, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Peace Walker (better in the HD collection though). Dissidia 012 is pretty pimp too, but I'm not sure how much a non-FF fan would like it. Then there's the PS1 classics on PSN.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-15 17:43:26

At 4/13/12 04:19 PM, Jackho wrote: Nope, those are the official, standard cases in PAL territories. Just plain black text on a white background on every spine, it looks lame and I have no idea why they did it. I assume it was an official requirement since literally every single game has it, even the limited edition steelbook games have the same plain spine. It's the same thing on PSP, and since it's region free I import some of my PSP games solely for the better looking cases.

It's the same on the Wii and DS too, but it might be a worldwide thing on those.

Oh wow I never knew that :O suppose you learn something new everyday. I guess I can't say I've seen many PAL ps2 spines before. Kind of a shitty thing, but I suppose it keeps it nice, uniform, and easy to read.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-15 18:01:31

At 4/15/12 05:37 PM, Jackho wrote: Crisis Core and FF Tactics are mandatory, Persona 3 Portable if you haven't played it, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Peace Walker (better in the HD collection though). Dissidia 012 is pretty pimp too, but I'm not sure how much a non-FF fan would like it. Then there's the PS1 classics on PSN.

These were all titles I'd looked at and for one reason or another wasn't overly keen on them from what I saw. I'm not really sure what sort of game I'm after. I was tempted by Peace Walker and will probably get that at some point, but I was never really one for MGS games. Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater are the only ones I've played though.

I was more after some JRPG type games, but like I was saying, some of them seem quite hard to come by in the UK which is a shame. Maybe the PSP isn't the best system for RPGs. I dunno. Also, I've just been trying to hunt down games for the PS2 and Xbox 360 that are getting old and sell for next to nothing. Seen a few titles I'd like for very little money, but you're getting charged about £2 postage per game when you buy from different sellers on Amazon, so it soon adds up.

Still contemplating the idea of posting gaming related YouTube videos. I've really gotten back into gaming again as of lately and started following a few gamers YouTube channels and thought I'd try one myself. Really it's just a way for me to try something different and a way to fill up some of my free time. I'll probably have a go at putting something together tomorrow and if I don't deem it as complete shite, I'll upload it.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-17 13:05:06

So... Anyone looking forward to the new Trials game. I have 1,200MSP just sat there waiting to be spent.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-17 14:23:17

At 4/14/12 12:24 PM, Dean wrote: The majority of those games you listed cost a fortune, Auz. I'd like to add them at some point, but like I say, my money is very limited right now so they'll have to wait.

Yeah I know, but they are some of the best ones out there (along with some you already have).

I suppose you have enough games to play at the moment though and if you're tight on money you might as well wait before you purchase them.

By the way I bought Pokemon Snap and Kirby a few days ago. I should get them in the mail tomorrow.

At 4/15/12 02:56 PM, SpiderTaco wrote: Also anyone who says MK64 is relevant today is borderline retarded, the sequels are the exact same thing but better in every way, there's no reason to get the 64 version unless you have full power nostalgia goggles.

Like I said, I like Diddy Kong Racing better, but I know there are some who prefer MK64. I agree that MK64 hasn't aged that well.

And if you're going to get Command & Conquer, why on earth would you get the N64 version?

I suppose RTS games are better played on a PC, but like iMini said, the PC version doesn't work on modern operating systems. Also, we were talking about N64 recommendations and this just happens to be the only RTS on the entire console as far as I know. And it's not a bad game in my opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-18 11:50:48

I finally got around to uploading my first YouTube video. It was kinda fun but like I thought, a little weird speaking to people you can't actually see. I have another two videos that I plan on doing in the next week or so. I'd like to make a regular thing of this, especially since I'm really getting back into buying older games again and I don't have a great deal to do during the summer months. Anyway, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jPFYAriomE

At 4/17/12 02:23 PM, Auz wrote: I suppose you have enough games to play at the moment though and if you're tight on money you might as well wait before you purchase them.

I think I'll just stalk them on eBay for a while in the hope that one of them makes it through unseen by collectors. Right now though I'm more focused on adding to my PS1, PS2, PSP and Xbox 360 collection. It's a prime time to be buying for most of those consoles because most of the games aren't new enough or old enough to sell for extortionate amounts. Currently waiting for 6 games to arrive in the post.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-18 13:15:19

Picked up Fez because I've had my eye on it for a while. Damn good game.

Do you remember the feeling you used to get when you were 12 when you approached every game like it was new, yet there was something comfortingly familiar about them? That's the feeling I get with Fez, and the closest game I can compare it to in aesthetics Link's Awakening where it's charming and engrossing yet there's something dark and sinister about it too. It also calls back to the best of the classic graphic adventure games where you're expected to intuit things about the world just by looking around and slowly making discoveries about your environment. Maybe it speaks to me so much because it calls back to games I played as a child and other people might completely miss what I see in it.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature