00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

186,491 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-02 18:47:04

At 4/2/12 06:02 PM, Jackho wrote: The SNES is by far the best of those three. Just saying.

I want to add them all to my collection at some point. I'll probably just go with whatever I can get cheap. I don't exactly have a lot of money to be throwing away just now, but I feel compelled to start adding to my collection again. The chances of finding a good bundle at a reasonable price are slim though, so chances are I'll get a console + shitty game and then have to buy additional games as time goes on.

You've probably heard of him and he's not informative in the slightest really, but this guy is possibly the funniest game related youtuber I've come across. If you want informative, Classic Game Room has reviews for literally every game you've ever heard of.

I subscribed to the second one, just because. But that first guy's voice is mildly irritating. I can see the humour in his videos though.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-03 05:57:04

Looks like I'll be adding a N64 to my collection in about a week or two. Just won an auction on eBay for one, with the help of my Dad. It comes with four games. Not the greatest games, but considering I'm getting the console and four games for £25 (including postage) it's not too bad.

007 - Goldeneye
F1 - World Grand Prix
Mission: Impossible
Turok 2: Seeds Of Evil

When I have some more disposable income, I'll either get a NES, SNES or try and find some better N64 games. I want Ocarina of Time, but it's not exactly the cheapest game to buy. Banjo Kazooie and Mario 64 are on my list of games to get too.

Any other N64 classics (that don't cost a shit load) that you'd recommend I add to the collection?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-03 13:44:49

Speaking of Sonic, is Generations worth getting? I hear it's an improvement for the series but I'm skeptical of it. I'm seeing it for low prices like £18 and it becomes more and more tempting. However, knowing Sonic in the past, I want to know if the game is indeed a good one or should I not listen to the praise it's received?

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-03 13:50:19

At 4/3/12 01:44 PM, Bahamut wrote: Speaking of Sonic, is Generations worth getting?

Everyone I know that has it tells me it's amazing. But I dunno. To me, Sonic starts to lose the charm when it stops being a 2D side scroller like the early ones.

I went on a bit of a mad spending spree today. I may live to regret this, but meh, it's only money.

Aside from the £25 N64 bundle that I mentioned in my last post, I then went on to buy some classic titles for the system.

Ocarina of Time (boxed with manual, although apparently scruffy looking) - £17
Super Mario 64 (cartridge only) - £7
Banjo Kazooie (fully boxed and in decent condition) - £12

All in all I spent about £60 today. That's money that ideally I wouldn't have wanted to spend, but ah well. I feel more compelled to start adding to my game collection again, but I lack the money to do it :(

Now I play the "wait for the postman" game.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-03 14:21:16

At 4/3/12 01:50 PM, Dean wrote:
At 4/3/12 01:44 PM, Bahamut wrote: Speaking of Sonic, is Generations worth getting?
Everyone I know that has it tells me it's amazing. But I dunno. To me, Sonic starts to lose the charm when it stops being a 2D side scroller like the early ones.

I played it for a bit when I was working at Gamestation and had a blast with it. It's like a 50/50 split between 3D and 2.5D. The 3D sections aren't too bad, and the 2.5D parts take you back to the old days. It's on High Priority on my Lovefilm list.

I'd recommend it.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-04 06:09:22

I decided to set my PS1 up yesterday, seeing as I'm feeling retro and decided to have a quick shot of Rayman. It certainly hasn't gotten any worse with age. It's still as good as I remember it and it looks as pretty too. Sadly I kept falling in the water and losing lives, so I might start over and play properly today.

It also got me wanting to play some of my other favourites from the PS1, although they seem to have disappeared from my collection. I think my PS1 games were amongst the very few that have actually been sold at some point. Spyro, Croc and a Hercules game are all missing and I remember them being pretty fun. I'm sure that I actually used to have a pretty decent PS1 collection, but I can't think what the good games were.

Typically, a Final Fantasy Anthology that I once owned now sells for around £30 and the GTA Classics Collection that I had doesn't even seem to be on UK eBay right now. The annoying part is that the FF Anthology probably got sold for next to nothing and my cousin took my GTA Collection with him to Australia.

Also, I hate waiting for mail. I wanna play this N64 already :(

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-06 07:41:11

Look what arrived in the mail today. Four separate packages all arriving at the same time. Tested most of it (aside from Mission Impossible and the shitty F1 game) and it's all working. My boxed Banjo Kazooie could almost pass as being brand new it's in such good condition!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-06 08:31:04

At 4/6/12 07:41 AM, Dean wrote: Look what arrived in the mail today. Four separate packages all arriving at the same time. Tested most of it (aside from Mission Impossible and the shitty F1 game) and it's all working. My boxed Banjo Kazooie could almost pass as being brand new it's in such good condition!

How did you find such good quality electronics for reasonable prices on eBay? :O It's always cheap crap that's falling apart or good quality stuff for ridiculous prices like hundreds of pounds...

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-06 10:43:18

At 4/6/12 08:31 AM, warshark wrote: How did you find such good quality electronics for reasonable prices on eBay? :O It's always cheap crap that's falling apart or good quality stuff for ridiculous prices like hundreds of pounds...

I still think £60 was maybe a bit much, given my money situation, but I'm pleased with it. I just hunt around on eBay for a while looking at pretty much all the good looking offers and then bookmark them and watch where the price goes. If they don't seem to have interest from other people, I bid on them. I am rather surprised this bundle went by without too much attention. It's all in good condition and works like a charm, so I can't complain.

eBay isn't the best place for this kind of stuff though if you want it cheap. It's far cheaper if you can find consoles at a car boot sale, because most people consider it junk that they find in their attic from when their kids were younger. Only downside is that they sometimes admit to not having tested it, so it can be a gamble over whether or not it's in working condition. Got my Sega Saturn and Arati ST from boot sales and they work fine too.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-09 08:20:03

My Zelda Collection disc is too buggered to play Majora's Mask right without a random crash so now I'm resorting to playing Mega Man X. At least Capcom took their sweet time to release it in Europe. So far, it's a fun game and have managed to beat two bosses.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-09 08:58:16

At 4/9/12 08:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: My Zelda Collection disc is too buggered to play Majora's Mask

Is that the GameCube disc that comes with the first two games, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask? I was looking at that a few days ago online. Tempted to get a GameCube at some point pretty much just for that.

I'm really getting into Ocarina of Time. I'm actually having more fun with this than I've had with most recent games. I want to get Majora's Mask on N64 soon. I know it requires the Expansion Pak to play, so I found a copy of Donkey Kong 64 that comes with the pak on Amazon for £17 including postage. I couldn't pass up on that, seeing as the pak alone sells for about £15 on ebay. I hear Donkey Kong 64 is itself a good game too, so hopefully it's money well spent.

I can't believe that I'm actively back to wanting to build up my game collection. I thought I was done with this. I blame AVGN. Ever since I started watching his videos again and saw that double sided shelf of NES games, it made me want to add to my collection.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-09 09:01:59

At 4/9/12 08:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: My Zelda Collection disc is too buggered to play Majora's Mask

Funny, my friend had the same problem except with Ocarina of Time.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-09 09:05:40

At 4/9/12 08:58 AM, Dean wrote: Is that the GameCube disc that comes with the first two games, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask? I was looking at that a few days ago online. Tempted to get a GameCube at some point pretty much just for that.

You'd be better off with the cartridges or downloading them from VC. It'll be a while until Majora's Mask is put on 3DS.

At 4/9/12 09:01 AM, majormelthesackboy wrote:
Funny, my friend had the same problem except with Ocarina of Time.

The funnier thing is that I never had these issues with Ocarina of Time on the GC port. However, I no longer need to play it on the Zelda Collection seeing as I have it on the 3DS. Shame the same can't be said about Majora's Mask right now. I'll just have to buy it on VC with putting 1000 points, even though I only need to have 200 more just to get Majora's Mask. I really hate how Nintendo handles their online shopping service. With PSN (I imagine XBLA as well), you only need to pay how much the game is worth, not putting in a certain amount each time if you don't have sufficient points.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-09 09:58:18

At 4/9/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: With PSN (I imagine XBLA as well), you only need to pay how much the game is worth, not putting in a certain amount each time if you don't have sufficient points.

Unfortunately, Microsoft to make you buy bundles of points rather than the exact amount needed for whatever it is you're wanting to purchase.

Although on the topic of Majora's Mask, how annoying is the time limit? I've heard various people say it puts them off the game completely and then you get others who consider it to be a better game than Ocarina of Time. So, what's you're take fellas?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-09 10:20:42

Has anyone played Metal Gear Solid 3 for the 3DS? I played the demo and I couldn't get used to the control scheme. I think it would help to have a second analog stick on the 3DS to play it. MGS3 was great on the PS2 and the controls are easy to get accustom to but on the 3DS the controls are not practical.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-09 10:40:15

At 4/9/12 09:58 AM, Dean wrote:
At 4/9/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: With PSN (I imagine XBLA as well), you only need to pay how much the game is worth, not putting in a certain amount each time if you don't have sufficient points.
Unfortunately, Microsoft to make you buy bundles of points rather than the exact amount needed for whatever it is you're wanting to purchase.

Bah, that's not good. Looks like Sony is the only one who's sensible with payme-*remembers the whole incident from last year* Oh, right...

Although on the topic of Majora's Mask, how annoying is the time limit? I've heard various people say it puts them off the game completely and then you get others who consider it to be a better game than Ocarina of Time. So, what's you're take fellas?

I find it to be a unique take. It's really not an issue if you plan to sort out a dungeon right from day one. I beat the Woodfall temple on only the evening of day two so it shouldn't be a huge issue, unless the later dungeons are more enduring. However, if there's one thing that's annoying about the time limit, it's that the only way to save is by resetting the countdown barring quick save. At least with Ocarina of Time you can save wherever and just be right at the start of the dungeon you were in (although young Link's dungeons might be different).

At 4/9/12 10:20 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: Has anyone played Metal Gear Solid 3 for the 3DS? I played the demo and I couldn't get used to the control scheme. I think it would help to have a second analog stick on the 3DS to play it. MGS3 was great on the PS2 and the controls are easy to get accustom to but on the 3DS the controls are not practical.

I tried the demo last night and absolutely hated the controls. I mean, using D-Pad down to crawl? That just makes things awkward. Konami really shot themselves in the foot with Snake Eater 3D. So much to put this on the 3DS yet it now has a HD re-release. The frame rate for Snake Eater 3D sucks as well so I'd much rather go with the HD collection which where you'll get 2 and Peace Walker as well.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-09 15:08:31

Just to let you know yesterday I completed GTA IV again.It took me 3 days(I was on a school trip for 2 days) and I'm pretty satisfied with it.Also,Dean was right.It ain't that hard completing GTA IV without cheats.In fact it had more fun.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-09 17:13:51

At 4/9/12 03:08 PM, tonypar16 wrote: Also,Dean was right.It ain't that hard completing GTA IV without cheats.In fact it had more fun.

Oh yea, definitely. GTA IV was probably the easiest of the modern GTA games though. I don't think I ever made it to the end of GTA 3 or possibly Vice City. I did beat San Andreas, but those three felt much harder than GTA IV from what I recall. I want to play through The Lost and Damned at some point over the summer. I loved that addition to GTA IV.

I've also just made my second N64 purchase today. A "like new" boxed copy of Majora's Mask for £32. Fucking expensive, but that game has been in the back of my mind ever since I ordered the N64 and it's nice to finally have it in my collection. In fact, I think it's probably the most sought after thing in my video game collection. Well, when it arrives it will be.

That is most almost definitely going to be my last N64 purchase for a while. This last week has cost me £110 in total for all this N64 stuff. Far more than I ever anticipated spending, but when I think about it, it's not so bad. That money wouldn't even have gotten me 3 new Xbox 360 games at regular retail price. I got the N64 console AND 9 games for that price.

So, here's what I've all added to my collection this week:

- Black N64 console (complete with controller, rumble pack and external memory card)
- Banjo Kazooie (boxed, great condition)
- Donkey Kong 64 (boxed and includes memory pak)
- F-1 World Grand Prix
- Goldeneye 007
- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (boxed, excellent condition apparently)
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (boxed)
- Mission: Impossible
- Super Mario 64
- Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

To me, that's a pretty impressive looking N64 collection. I'd still like to add Perfect Dark, Duke Nukem 64 and StarFox 64 (although it has a dumb name in Europe) at some point, but I think that's the majority of the major titles for the console accounted for.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-10 17:11:01

At 4/9/12 09:58 AM, Dean wrote: Although on the topic of Majora's Mask, how annoying is the time limit? I've heard various people say it puts them off the game completely and then you get others who consider it to be a better game than Ocarina of Time. So, what's you're take fellas?

The time limit is not annoying at all and I really don't see how it can put anyone off completely. Basically you (can) have 144 minutes to finish dungeons and do whatever you like before you have to reset time. I guess it requires a little bit of planning, but unless you're being an idiot and start a temple at midnight on Day 3, you'll never have trouble with this.

At 4/9/12 05:13 PM, Dean wrote: To me, that's a pretty impressive looking N64 collection. I'd still like to add Perfect Dark, Duke Nukem 64 and StarFox 64 (although it has a dumb name in Europe) at some point, but I think that's the majority of the major titles for the console accounted for.

So you're also collecting N64 games? Over the past few years I've been expanding my collection as well. I think I got most of the classic, highly rated titles by now. The only ones I'm thinking about adding are Kirby and the Crystal Shards, Pokemon Snap and one of the Turok games.

I know it all seems expensive, but the good thing is that the games don't lose their value anymore. If anything, they'll only become more valuable. So if you don't like a game or if you're done with it, you can always sell it for about the same price.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-10 17:18:53

At 4/9/12 08:58 AM, Dean wrote: Is that the GameCube disc that comes with the first two games, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask? I was looking at that a few days ago online. Tempted to get a GameCube at some point pretty much just for that.

I bought a gamecube about half a year back from eBay for around £20. Included all the wires, a controller and memory card. Also came with Metroid Prime (Which i've never actually played...still).

Worked perfectly. I have a wii so didn't exactly need the Gamecube but it's nice to have one. Always liked the Gamecube.

There are some alright deals if you have a little patience.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-10 18:20:43

At 4/10/12 05:11 PM, Auz wrote: So you're also collecting N64 games?

Well, I've always collected video games but I only just added all this N64 stuff to my collection last week and seeing as I've bought the console, I'd like to add all it's good titles in time.

Over the past few years I've been expanding my collection as well. I think I got most of the classic, highly rated titles by now. The only ones I'm thinking about adding are Kirby and the Crystal Shards, Pokemon Snap and one of the Turok games.

The Turok games seem fairly cheap, aside from Turok 3. That seems to sell for more on eBay.

I know it all seems expensive, but the good thing is that the games don't lose their value anymore. If anything, they'll only become more valuable. So if you don't like a game or if you're done with it, you can always sell it for about the same price.

I don't think I could ever bring myself to sell off any of my games, but I do like to try and check out the selling price of various games from time to time. I like to try and identify some of the more sought after games I own.

At 4/10/12 05:18 PM, warshark wrote: There are some alright deals if you have a little patience.

I did see one for about £20 today. Was tempted, but I've spent too much recently so have to resist temptation. Also saw a NES for £30. That really tempted me too.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-12 07:39:56

I feel like I do the majority of the posting in here. Every time I scroll through the previous pages, I just see my sig cropping up again and again. I'd just like to see this thread become more active I guess, but it seems to go through phases of activity and then it sinks into the abyss for a while.

Anyway, it's looking like my old hobby of collecting video games has returned. I've not actively collected old games for some time now, but getting this N64 really got me back into it. Recently, whenever I'm on the computer, I'm always browsing for old titles that I could pick up on various systems. I actually have a growing list of bookmarked games that I want to buy at some point.

The way I see it, summer generally bores me unless my friends are around, although now that my best friend from school doesn't live here, he's not around often. I don't have much that I spend my money on, so I figure I'll just use it to buy old games again. At least it will keep me amused and since I wont have money building up with nothing to spend it on, I wont be wasting it in the pub on weekends either.

Within the last couple days I've also been contemplating the idea of starting to upload YouTube videos. Video game vlog type stuff. I watch enough of them and I have enough stuff to speak about now and again, so I figure I might as well give it a shot. Sadly I don't have a way of screen capturing my games, so it would literally just be me waffling on, but I know I'm going to get bored over the summer and this could be an interesting way of giving me something to do. If I do ever get around to doing this, I'll drop a link in here, because I know how excited you all must be by this prospect :P

Was also hoping to wake up to my copy of Majora's Mask arriving today. It didn't :(

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-12 09:49:32

At 4/10/12 05:11 PM, Auz wrote: So you're also collecting N64 games? Over the past few years I've been expanding my collection as well. I think I got most of the classic, highly rated titles by now. The only ones I'm thinking about adding are Kirby and the Crystal Shards, Pokemon Snap and one of the Turok games.

I never had a Nintendo 64 and while I could pick one up for second hand somewhere, I fear that the console could be at the end of its lifespan. I've had bad experience with consoles in the past so I'm reluctant to get second handed consoles. At least with PS1 games they can still be played on the PS3. Well, most of them anyway. The only PS1 game that failed to work on the PS3 for me is FFIX. Everything else I've tried has been fine, though.

At 4/10/12 05:18 PM, warshark wrote: Worked perfectly. I have a wii so didn't exactly need the Gamecube but it's nice to have one. Always liked the Gamecube.

The Wii was dubbed as a dust collector but look at the GameCube. I haven't touched the damn thing ever since I got the Wii. :P However, there is one use for the GameCube still and that's the Game Boy Player but even now old Game Boy games are coming out on 3DS eShop.

At 4/10/12 06:20 PM, Dean wrote: I don't think I could ever bring myself to sell off any of my games, but I do like to try and check out the selling price of various games from time to time. I like to try and identify some of the more sought after games I own.

Unless it's a game I simply don't want, I don't want to part with any of my games. Although, if I was in a very tight situation, giving up Tombi would at least mean I can sell it for more than what I paid for it. I swiped that game for £50 and the cheapest I'm seeing it on eBay right now is £80.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-12 10:00:55

At 4/12/12 07:39 AM, Dean wrote: I feel like I do the majority of the posting in here. Every time I scroll through the previous pages, I just see my sig cropping up again and again. I'd just like to see this thread become more active I guess, but it seems to go through phases of activity and then it sinks into the abyss for a while.

I hate it so much when this happens. I like to have a constant conversation going on this thread and a couple more, but sometimes no one will say anything for hours, or even days at a time, and it sucks.

I completed LoTR War in the North on co-op with a friend yesterday. We skipped the majority of the story because we simply didn't care, and we managed to get the gist of the plot. When the game ended, and the credits went, we received a message to try out the next difficulty in a New Game+ kind of deal. We immediately started again.

I'm liking the discussion of retro console collecting. I owned a Megadrive when I was a kid, but there's only a handful of really good games. I think I'll probably pick up a Gamecube in the future, there's a lot of great co-op games (as I recall it comes as stock with 4 controller ports, doesn't it?), and it's not very expensive. Some of the games are fantastic too, I have fond fond memories of playing on Melee.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-12 10:22:50

At 4/12/12 09:49 AM, Bahamut wrote: I never had a Nintendo 64 and while I could pick one up for second hand somewhere, I fear that the console could be at the end of its lifespan.

I used to be like that, although I changed. I have second hand systems from the early 80's that still work fine. I have second hand Commodore 64s, an Atari ST, Sega Saturn and N64. All of them I bought second hand and I've not had problems with any of them. I think that if you're buying consoles from before the PS2 era, you can probably be a little more confident that they're going to last. The technology in them is far more simplistic which seems to make them live a lot longer.

Unless it's a game I simply don't want, I don't want to part with any of my games.

See, I can't even do that. I keep all the shitty games that are going to have no value in the future. They just don't sell for enough to justify me getting rid of it. I'd rather just keep them, even though I'm never going to play them. Plus, you have a copy of Tombi? That's awesome. Played the demo of that as a kid and loved it. Went to buy a copy on eBay a few years ago and that's when I realised it was now a collectors item.

At 4/12/12 10:00 AM, iMini wrote: I hate it so much when this happens. I like to have a constant conversation going on this thread and a couple more, but sometimes no one will say anything for hours, or even days at a time, and it sucks.

Yea, and then I feel awkward when I bump this thread because my name does crop up in here quite frequently.

When the game ended, and the credits went, we received a message to try out the next difficulty in a New Game+ kind of deal. We immediately started again.

I think I'd struggle to let a game hold my attention straight after completing it. Usually I wont play it again straight after, although it is a lot more fun with friends.

I'm liking the discussion of retro console collecting. I owned a Megadrive when I was a kid, but there's only a handful of really good games. I think I'll probably pick up a Gamecube in the future, there's a lot of great co-op games (as I recall it comes as stock with 4 controller ports, doesn't it?), and it's not very expensive. Some of the games are fantastic too, I have fond fond memories of playing on Melee.

I'd still like to have a MegaDrive at some point, but I already own the MegaDrive Ultimate Collection on Xbox (which is well worth the money I might add) which has most of the best MegaDrive games on it. Still, I'd like to have the physical console and prefrably boxed cartridges. That's just how I am with games. I've never owned a GameCube either, but yea they do some with 4 controller ports which is something not many systems seem to do. It's also on the list of consoles I want to own, but for Nintendo, the 64 was always the most appealing to me, so I'm glad to finally have one. The games just have a charm that modern systems lack imo.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-12 11:02:29

At 4/12/12 10:22 AM, Dean wrote: I used to be like that, although I changed. I have second hand systems from the early 80's that still work fine. I have second hand Commodore 64s, an Atari ST, Sega Saturn and N64. All of them I bought second hand and I've not had problems with any of them. I think that if you're buying consoles from before the PS2 era, you can probably be a little more confident that they're going to last. The technology in them is far more simplistic which seems to make them live a lot longer.

Yeah, I hardly hear of any NES consoles breaking. Still, I'm not going to rush to get any old consoles, although with the way Rareware games are going, going for an N64 might be the best choice at some point. My only gripe is that most of the cartridges will be without the boxes but getting the whole thing will cost a lot more.

See, I can't even do that. I keep all the shitty games that are going to have no value in the future. They just don't sell for enough to justify me getting rid of it.

Unless it's annual sports games, you can still get rid of a lot of unwanted crap. The only problem is that you'll get so little for it. I have some dust collecting PS2 games that I wouldn't mind get ridding of and should pay a visit to my local indie game shop to see what they'll do for it, even if I'd get so little for them. They'll raise an eyebrow if it's something rare, though but I'm not parting with any of my rare games.

Plus, you have a copy of Tombi? That's awesome. Played the demo of that as a kid and loved it. Went to buy a copy on eBay a few years ago and that's when I realised it was now a collectors item.

Yep, I was desperate to get it so I forked out £50. The other rare game I wanted was Kula World but I eventually got that for like £2.50 on PSN during a sale so I don't feel like getting the PS1 disc, even if the cheapest right now is something like £25. Despite that, that'll be my money's worth more than other new games right now.

Yea, and then I feel awkward when I bump this thread because my name does crop up in here quite frequently.

I try to add stuff in this thread as well. Infact, I've used this thread as a replacement for the "what games you're currently playing" thread to try and add discussion here. I'd say the talk of Majora's Mask went well.

I'd still like to have a MegaDrive at some point

My very first console. Granted, the collection isn't so big but the Sonic games work better on the Mega Collection anyway. I would not recommend Sonic on Mega Drive solely for the fact that 50Hz PAL conversation utterly rapes those games. However, it's certainly nice to have both Ecco games on the Mega Drive. There's other games like Dynamite Headdy that I should hunt down. Would be worth paying a visit to the said game shop to see what they have. Last time I was there I picked up Just Cause 2 (still need to play it), Ecco the Dolphin and Theme Park (admittedly, this game has aged horribly) so it's always worth popping in.

With all this talk about hunting down old games, if there's one console that I am always keen to find more games for, it's the PS1. Right now, I can only think of MediEvil 2 and Soul Reaver 2 but for the latter I should at least play through Soul Reaver 1 first which I've had for a couple of years now but have yet to fire it up.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-12 11:46:07

I've been playing New Vegas again a lot recently. I rented the Ultimate Edition so I've done all the DLC and now I'm trying to get all the achievements, which is going rather well. Only 4 left.

Anybody else play any of the DLC? Which one(s) did you like most?

I personally thought Old World Blues and Lonesome Road were the best. Hated Dead Money though.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-12 12:17:34

I just picked up Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. It's pretty nice so far. I've played all the main games when they were released, but finally getting to try Peace Walker. I really like how they changed up the formula for that game. Once I finish up Peace Walker I plan to playthrough MGS2 and 3 again, for the first time in years.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-12 13:31:32

I've been trying to price some of the games I'd guess were more obscure in my collection and found a couple that have more value than I thought:

Breath of Fire IV (PS1) - £15-25
Baku Baku (Sega Saturn) - £15
A Final Fantasy X Strategy Guide - £15
Pokemon Yellow (GBC) - £15-25

Prices are what these things are listed for on average on Amaozn. I'd like to sieve through my collection some more and see what things in there would sell for a reasonable amount. None of the things I listed above would I have expected to sell for over £10

At 4/12/12 11:02 AM, Bahamut wrote: My only gripe is that most of the cartridges will be without the boxes but getting the whole thing will cost a lot more.

I don't mind just having the cartridge, but I much prefer owning the box. Cartridge games generally seemed to come in cardboard boxes which people were more likely to throw out. I regret throwing out my Gameboy game boxes.

I have some dust collecting PS2 games that I wouldn't mind get ridding of and should pay a visit to my local indie game shop

I wish I had an indie game store. In fact, aside from a Blockbuster, Tesco and Asda there's nowhere in my town that sells games now. I miss GameStation although they weren't much use for retro stuff any more anyway.

With all this talk about hunting down old games, if there's one console that I am always keen to find more games for, it's the PS1. Right now, I can only think of MediEvil 2 and Soul Reaver 2 but for the latter I should at least play through Soul Reaver 1 first which I've had for a couple of years now but have yet to fire it up.

I was thinking of trying to add to my PS1 collection, the only problem is that the type of games I'd want to but for it are RPGs (which sell for a lot on PS1) and some of the popular games I lost, like Croc, Spyro and so on which sell for a fair bit too.

At 4/12/12 11:46 AM, Snuff wrote: I've been playing New Vegas again a lot recently. I rented the Ultimate Edition

I didn't find NV anywhere near as fun as Fallout 3, but I think that's because by the time I was done with FO3 I was pretty tired with that style of game. Maybe I'll give NV another chance over the summer but I don't have the ultimate edition :(

At 4/12/12 12:17 PM, SineRider wrote: I just picked up Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

Yet another game I've been meaning to pick up. I'd like to wait until it falls in price first, but seeing as it's MGS, that could take some time. I've never really played the games either. I played a little of Sons of Liberty and I own a copy of Snake Eater but never got very far with it either.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-04-12 21:19:04

At 4/12/12 01:31 PM, Dean wrote:
At 4/12/12 12:17 PM, SineRider wrote: I just picked up Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.
Yet another game I've been meaning to pick up. I'd like to wait until it falls in price first, but seeing as it's MGS, that could take some time. I've never really played the games either. I played a little of Sons of Liberty and I own a copy of Snake Eater but never got very far with it either.

It's not exactly expensive Dean, £25 on Amazon and I'm sure you can find it cheaper. Remember, it's 3 games, with a total of 2000GS as well. I think that's pretty generous.

Just remember to play 3 after 2, it doesn't matter when you play Peace Walker, but I'd recommend completing 3 first for the best story experience (there's major spoilers for 3 on starting Peace Walker)

BBS Signature