00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

786,915 Views | 8,818 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 09:39:33

Gotta love having 3 audio reviews deleted today.

If it seems like my reviews were a little bit shorter recently, this is why. It's just not worth the extra effort when artists delete songs left and right...You can disagree with this, but it won't sway my opinion.

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 12:20:11

I guess the update is comin' today huh, Steph??

I think I managed 'em all, hope I didn't miss one of them in the middle of all those requests, but, I think I reviewed everything... :)

Also, ugh, Monday... Hate his day even when I'm on vacations... I get soooo bored.

Also, Hi Coop! I didn't notice you took off that 83... It was sexier!

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 13:16:21

you can write reviews on my piece of art?, thanks in advance!

Tom Fulp: the beard

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 15:01:19

Sorry guys, I can't update today. I'll try tomorrow :(.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 15:24:52

At 12/13/10 03:01 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Sorry guys, I can't update today. I'll try tomorrow :(.

No problem Steph, we all have a real life out of NG, I'm pretty sure everybody will understand your delay...

:)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 15:46:22

At 12/13/10 03:43 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I'll probably post the list later tonight, that will give Steph a bit less to work on tomorrow.

WAIT.

I've sent you a PM with the list maker.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 18:39:48

Here is the extended version of Bit trip, please let me know what you think of the addition. I'm not sure if I like it, the percussion seems to take away from it.....I may change it again.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 19:19:37

At 12/13/10 04:15 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
This week's list

Thanks for the list SCTE!! I think we could cut off Steph's hard work and make the lists. Steph would have much less work to do, since there's a lot of stats and hard things to do. What do ya think Steph, I'd have no problem to do the lists once in a while... :)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 19:40:02

At 12/13/10 07:29 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
Ah well, I think I can cover for Steph doing the list each week so he can just do the stats. Half and half and it would all get done a lot quicker. =]

EXACTLY!!

Now, let me see if I'll start reviewing all those reqs. This week is much easier, more art, less audio. Thank God, my ears are hurting. Played too much CS. :D

Also, watching Monday Night NFL! Yes, I watch football in Brazil. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 21:03:56

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-13 22:33:34

Hey all, my band is putting out a new album in the next few weeks. We have put quite a bit of time, effort, and money into this, including doing some partnering for distribution and big plans for promotion.

Would anyone be interested in review an Alternative/Indie Rock album? I have plenty of local fans, but I wanna have some ears that haven't heard us live, or think of us in a certain context. I'm interested in a really critical review.

If you are, I'll send you an advance of the album if you review it. Just PM me and I'll send it to you. Thank-you!

s

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 00:40:08

Could someone review this for me? I've gotten one good review so far, and I want to get some more input to improve my work. It's not too high quality, but I got some work coming soon (or not for a while).

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 01:25:12

Hey guys.

I would like to join yo crew.

Thx.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 02:20:04

At 12/14/10 01:25 AM, thatbennyguy wrote: Hey guys.

I would like to join yo crew.

Thx.

Impressive audio reviews.

Hit the requests list broski, make us proud.

That and take a look at the rules at the top of the page if you haven't already.

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 12:01:34

Thanks for offering to do the requests list instead of me doing it, SCTE3. I'll get on to the updating now.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 12:02:35

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to milinko959 for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 12:31:21

Didn't review anything this week. Not like that's anything new but i'll make sure to review some from the list later on tonight.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 12:31:53

At 12/14/10 12:01 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Thanks for offering to do the requests list instead of me doing it, SCTE3. I'll get on to the updating now.

Don't forget it was my idea Steph... :P

Also, been very busy this week. Got Genre modded, seems to be an easy job, but sometimes it's pretty hard...

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 13:40:43

At 12/14/10 12:31 PM, RogerBK wrote: Don't forget it was my idea Steph... :P

OK OK.

Also, been very busy this week. Got Genre modded, seems to be an easy job, but sometimes it's pretty hard...

Congrats dude. Good luck!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 14:12:15

Sorry for taking so long. Was doing some audio modding and had to edit some music I'm making for a play.

Excuses aside, here's the update, and what a good update too. The stats are looking really good, three people did all of the requests, some requests got up to 6 reviews, RogerBK rejoined and there were only three inactive members, Rory being one of them, although he has a good reason why he's not reviewing anyway. Haggard finally passed his milestone of 7,000 total points too. So despite the considerably large requests list, we still made a comeback.

Not only that, but we have a decent requests list this time round too. Thanks goes to SCTE3 for making it.

Yes yes, and you, Roger, for coming up with that idea :P.

So that's it from me. An excellent week, keep it up everyone!

--

Member's Update #64
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 7147 | 1116 / 1734 | 064.36% || 045 | 07 / 25 | 028.00% | Coop
02 ) 7006 | 1093 / 1737 | 062.92% || 009 | 01 / 25 | 004.00% | Haggard
03 ) 2828 | 0433 / 1615 | 026.81% || 003 | 00 / 25 | 000.00% | Supersteph54
04 ) 1969 | 0315 / 0790 | 039.87% || 009 | 01 / 25 | 004.00% | sixflab
05 ) 1370 | 0246 / 0246 | 100.00% || 156 | 25 / 25 | 100.00% | SeeD419
06 ) 0921 | 0136 / 1326 | 010.26% || 006 | 01 / 25 | 004.00% | Celx-Requin
07 ) 0323 | 0052 / 0088 | 059.09% || 087 | 14 / 25 | 056.00% | Rabid-Animals
08 ) 0268 | 0043 / 0151 | 028.48% || 000 | 00 / 25 | 000.00% | Rory *
09 ) 0252 | 0039 / 0088 | 044.32% || 159 | 25 / 25 | 100.00% | SCTE3
10 ) 0159 | 0025 / 0025 | 100.00% || 159 | 25 / 25 | 100.00% | RogerBK NEW!
11 ) 0081 | 0013 / 0068 | 019.12% || 000 | 00 / 25 | 000.00% | Domo **
12 ) 0077 | 0013 / 0038 | 034.21% || 050 | 09 / 24 | 037.50% | horsebugger
13 ) 0026 | 0004 / 0087 | 004.60% || 000 | 00 / 25 | 000.00% | Joshsouza **

The stars indicate for how long the user has been inactive in this club. "Inactive" means, that user hasn't gained any points by reviewing OR by posting.
*: User has been inactive last week
**: User has been inactive for the last two weeks
***: User has been inactive for the last three weeks
****: User has been inactive for the last four weeks

If you are inactive for more than three weeks AND if your completion rate falls below 20%, OR if you are inactive for more than four weeks, you are excluded from the list. You may rejoin this club, but your points will be lost.

Statistics:
*Requests This Week: 25
Total Requests All Time: 1758
Reviews Made This Week: 108
Total Reviews All Time: 5862
Average Per Member: 8.3
Average Per Request: 4.32
Sigs Forgotten: 13

*New to the List: RogerBK
Leaving the List: None.

*All Requests Completed:
SeeD419, RogerBK and SCTE3

--

GUIDELINES/THREAD INFO

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 14:15:53

Let's throw me into the mix again. I used to be a member here. My reviews are alright, in case you wanted to check them. I need to start constructively reviewing again and this was the only way I ever did so. Add me to the list if you don't mind and I'll start reviewing again.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 14:22:34

At 12/14/10 02:12 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Member's Update #64
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]

Thanks for the update, Steph. Nice work.

Now to capitalise on what was a good end to the week last week and I should be able to put some decent numbers up here over the next few days :D

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 14:23:35

At 12/14/10 02:15 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Let's throw me into the mix again. I used to be a member here. My reviews are alright, in case you wanted to check them. I need to start constructively reviewing again and this was the only way I ever did so. Add me to the list if you don't mind and I'll start reviewing again.

Didn't bother checking your reviews, I already know that they're amazing :P.

Sure thing. I'm pretty sure you know how the system works so I won't bore you with the details. Welcome back to the club then. Feel free to start reviewing from the requests list SCTE3 posted in the last page and you'll be added in the next list which is in another week.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 14:30:44

At 12/14/10 02:12 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Sorry for taking so long. Was doing some audio modding and had to edit some music I'm making for a play.

Hmmm, cool!! You have to honor that golden aura sometimes, huh? *Jealows*

Not only that, but we have a decent requests list this time round too. Thanks goes to SCTE3 for making it.

Yes yes, and you, Roger, for coming up with that idea :P.

Actually, I only posted the idea of doing the list for you each week, the credits are all from SCTE, he did the list, I just plagiated it.

--

Member's Update #64
03 ) 2828 | 0433 / 1615 | 026.81% || 003 | 00 / 25 | 000.00% | Supersteph54

I remember when I was up here... :3

10 ) 0159 | 0025 / 0025 | 100.00% || 159 | 25 / 25 | 100.00% | RogerBK NEW!

Nice to start in 10th, got 3 positions w/ only 1 100%... Cool

*New to the List: RogerBK

Meeee

*All Requests Completed:
SeeD419, RogerBK and SCTE3

Great to see my name on that list again.. :) Also, congrats Seed and SCTE!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 14:33:58

Ah, sorry for the double post.

At 12/14/10 02:23 PM, Naerbu wrote: I'd like to join. If I'm in, I'll make every review from now on, worthwhile.

Hey, don't know if you remember me. I was the guy who had the massive reviews :P.

Anyway, I took a look at your reviews, and I'm afraid they need to be a little longer if you want to join the club. Take a look at some of the members' reviews for examples.

If you want you can start reviewing from the latest requests list posted in the page before this one, but remember to make your reviews a bit more detailed.

Good luck.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 14:50:30

Thanks for the quick acceptance. I'll jump on making the reviews as soon as this week of schoolwork and pain are over. There's nothing in my way once I finish with school.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 17:05:31

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-14 18:15:14

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-15 00:22:40

At 12/14/10 10:09 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Thanks for letting me help with making the list from now on Steph if that;s alright with you? It will make your load so much lighter to work.

You're thanking me? You're the one who's being generous, not me :P. So thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-12-15 01:15:54