00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Noer1800 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

This is it.

203,612 Views | 474 Replies

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:11:20

At 3/17/09 12:05 PM, joabos wrote: I hope the police gets there soon.

sirtom is in custody.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:12:14

At 3/17/09 11:49 AM, Zerok wrote: That's a completely legit topic and has no hint of any malice. At the time it may have been sheer coincidence. We don't even know if he was even in possession of gas today or otherwise.

Eh, I suppose you're right. While it doesn't say that he had a legitimate reason for buying petrol, it may well have been for something else entirely that time; you can't tell either way.
I just feel like I've sold razor blades to an emo right now, that's all.

Don't bump it please.

Given the attention this thread is going to get, may I request that my post be deleted before anyone does (if that thread hasn't been locked already)?

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:13:42

At 3/17/09 12:11 PM, Rig wrote:
sirtom is in custody.

So basicly we are just adding insult to injury, yay.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:14:13

At 3/17/09 12:06 PM, RedCoin wrote: Tottie & Rig :

Didn't they say anything about if he was actually serious or not, or what action the school/authorities took againts this?

All the detective said was that sirtom93 is in custody. He's being interrogated and has given the names of at least two other people who harbor similar intents. I've forwarded the names to Wade - I'm not posting them publicly unless Wade gives the OK.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:15:38

It's over! can i get his account?

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:15:59

At 3/17/09 12:10 PM, Bahamut wrote: I now feel ashamed to think he was a good poster on the BBS.

I have never seen him make a good post in my life.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:19:32

At 3/17/09 12:16 PM, doberman7 wrote: Didn`t think this thread was so serious until I read every single page.

The first few posts I thought it was a laugh, but then when more posted and a few mods did and stuff I thought it was probably pretty serious, then when Wade did it was kind of "ah he wouldnt bother coming online unless he needed to"

Still all planned attacks posted online are reported etc these days so its stupid to make one for a laugh...or for real.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:21:57

At 3/17/09 12:14 PM, Rig wrote: All the detective said was that sirtom93 is in custody. He's being interrogated and has given the names of at least two other people who harbor similar intents.

Do you think that means that he probably was serious?
I mean, he could have just said it was a stupid joke and not take it any further.
They would have noticed that he didn't have the petrol with him, otherwise.

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:23:45

At 3/17/09 12:16 PM, doberman7 wrote: Didn`t think this thread was so serious until I read every single page.

even if sirtom93 wasn't serious about this, threats like this will and shall be taken serious, unless there's an obvious joke going on - in that case, it should be explained clearly. police resources shouldn't be wasted for a lame joke, is what i mean. and if the case is that sirtom is joking, he sure as hell is gonna learn that.

Wakka wakka

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:24:16

At 3/17/09 12:22 PM, 25272D wrote:
At 3/17/09 12:14 PM, Rig wrote: All the detective said was that sirtom93 is in custody. He's being interrogated and has given the names of at least two other people who harbor similar intents.
Seriously? Oh fuck, fuck fuck fuck.

PM me if you think of anything.

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:26:48

At 3/17/09 12:11 PM, Rig wrote:
sirtom is in custody.

Haha, damn.

And two other people were involved? So he was planning on doing this?

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:28:41

At 3/17/09 12:24 PM, simple-but-sandy wrote: HONESTLY OFFICER, I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT ANYONE LET ME GO PLEASE.

Police are still required to investigate all threats, and prosecute as necessary.
Even if it was proven beyond all doubt that he was just being an arse he still faces a charge of wasting police time.

But he wouldn't give given another two names unless he was serious.
I wasn't saying they'd just let him go, I was saying that they would have noticed that he didn't have any petrol with him, therefore couldn't have been serious.

If they were indeed monitering this thread, they'd have gotten the idea that he could be joking because a lot of people have implied that he was.

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:30:37

At 3/17/09 12:29 PM, xscoot wrote:
At 3/17/09 12:28 PM, RedCoin wrote:
If they were indeed monitering this thread, they'd have gotten the idea that he could be joking because a lot of people have implied that he was.
I was just waiting for a police officer to make an account so as to post in this thread. Too bad, it didn't happen.

Even if they did, we'd probably all assume it was just an alt fucking around.
I certainly would.

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:31:22

At 3/17/09 11:48 AM, Rig wrote: So the detective called me up and said thanks for alerting them - without all our calls, the day could've ended quite badly.

WAY TO GO GUISE

Our hero

also, dicks.

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:31:36

And to think that this ass is with NG. Man what if he says that we were the ones who made him do this?

I doubt it though. I hope he gets what he deserves, ad that he doesn't return here.

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:31:51

At least the Newgrounds Community will be seen in a positive light again, for preventing a hypothetical major disaster. I say hypothetical as I'm not that sure if he was going through with it.

It was a completely stupid thing to do; idiotic, moronic, selfish, retarded (Don't ban me for using this word - expressing how f**king dumb this action was).

People don't think about the devastation of other peoples lives when these events happen. Think Austin Powers 1, with the Henchman. People you kill have feelings - people who know people killed will have feelings, which will be extremely affected by this puerile discord of Humanity. You think you'd be a Martyr, dying for your cause? Nope, you'd only be remembered for the infamy of your actions - not the human you destroy inside you when you commit acts that destroy others.

You don't lose your future in prison, you steal others as well. Despicable.

Right, rant over. Back to cock jokes.

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:32:19

he was pretty harmless at london meet 3 :*(

Sometimes i wonder if i put myself at unnecessary risk going to different parts of the world meeting random people from the internet... maybe we can have metal detectors and fingerprinting at the next london thing

None

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:39:51

At 3/17/09 12:32 PM, simple-but-sandy wrote: Certain officer would probably use Wade/a mod of some sort to do all the talking.

Maybe he will, just not yet.
Eventually I assume there'll be some sort of official statement.

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:40:45

At 3/17/09 12:32 PM, Luis wrote: he was pretty harmless at london meet 3 :*(

Sometimes i wonder if i put myself at unnecessary risk going to different parts of the world meeting random people from the internet... maybe we can have metal detectors and fingerprinting at the next london thing

Luis we are people, and people do random things. Just because you have a metal detector just means we hide explosives next time.

Sounds violent, but there's nothing you can do to prepare for the future. You just have to survive what come and learn how to handle the situation when the situation arises...

or hire security guards

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:43:48

At 3/17/09 12:39 PM, RedCoin wrote: Eventually I assume there'll be some sort of official statement.

News wise, we'd probably have to wait a few days at least. For something public and official, that is. Unless Norfolk daily life is as currently dull as someone in this thread pointed out.

All in good time. I'm glad he was apprehended and that the possible crisis was averted.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:44:00

This must have been fairly big if three people in one school had similar ideas and intentions. Did he have the petrol on him when he went to school or did he leave it at home? Either way this was a pretty big claim and could have led to disaster.

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:44:46

At 3/17/09 12:44 PM, SeaBoundRhino wrote: This must have been fairly big if three people in one school had similar ideas and intentions.

The names I got are all from different towns.

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:47:28

What exactly is it about the newground lifestyle that causes people to go over the edge? Or are we to assume that this is typical teenage behavior?

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:47:52

At 3/17/09 12:32 PM, Luis wrote: he was pretty harmless at london meet 3 :*(

in all seriousness, with all the bullshit PM's (including death-threats from 14-year olds) one have to put up with for having banned somone, it definitley makes sense to think twice.

i'd recommend some MMA-classes, and that you never ever go to a meetup without your lollipop, man.

Wakka wakka

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:49:45

At 3/17/09 12:43 PM, Zerok wrote: News wise, we'd probably have to wait a few days at least. For something public and official, that is. Unless Norfolk daily life is as currently dull as someone in this thread pointed out.

They weren't lying: Norfolk is one of the dullest places in the UK. The majority of it is open farmland, so not much happens there.
I can't find anything on their local news pages, so I'll assume nothing really 'happened' as such. It usually takes a few days for stuff that 'almost happened' to reach everywhere, and even then news companies might not air it or anything.

Chances are Wade'll be saying something about this in the near future regardless, though.

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:49:47

At 3/17/09 12:47 PM, Truth wrote: What exactly is it about the newground lifestyle that causes people to go over the edge?

I doubt NG is a causal factor. Rather, people with that kind of attitude are attracted to sites like NG... maybe for our roots in violence, or for the publicity and radical, left biased userbase.

Also, in regards to news... that link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/norfolk/hi/

It now redirects right to a main BBC site. This morning it was working... COULD THEY BE UPDATING IT?

Internet excitement.

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:50:35

:At 3/17/09 12:46 PM, Shreddy wrote:

its so so so fucking dull there haha

It really is Dull.

I Live there.

Aaron4400

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:50:52

At 3/17/09 12:47 PM, simple-but-sandy wrote:
At 3/17/09 12:43 PM, Zerok wrote: I'm glad he was apprehended and that the possible crisis was averted.
The mods seemed to start swarming over this thread pretty quickly. Do you have beepers or something to alert you when it starts going down on the BBS?

Because that would be awesome if you did.

No, we just all want to be the one mod that was able to lock this without waid noticing >:(

None

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:50:57

Can't anyone phone his mum? Or that guy that knows him go to his house?

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 12:52:54

At 3/17/09 12:47 PM, simple-but-sandy wrote: The mods seemed to start swarming over this thread pretty quickly. Do you have beepers or something to alert you when it starts going down on the BBS?

Swarming?

I think the average number of mods have viewed this thread. There's myself and Poozy... Rig was in here first but he's not a BBS mod. Rucklo posted something later in the game... who else posted? Someone must have brought it to Wade's attention, unless his happening upon it was coincidence.

I'd hardly call the mod activity in here a "swarm." Business as usual in a fast growing topic.