00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Computer Gaming Club

11,894 Views | 136 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-05-04 06:26:31

At 5/3/09 05:00 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Wow, nothing in a week?

Lol, yeah.

I haven't had much of a go at BF2142 yet, mainly because from what I have played of it, TF2 is much better already...

I'm in love with TF2 right now. I'm hoping to get the Axtinguisher finally, but I love being spy so much that it makes it difficult to stop.

backstabbing heavies n' all.

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-05-07 16:17:14

CPU: Intel dual core E6750 @2.66GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS PCK5
Memory: 4GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia 9500GT 1gb
Graphics Card (dedicated to phisX) Nvidia 8600GT 1gb
Hard Drive: 450GB X2
Sound Card: Soundblaster X-fi (in Gaming mode)
CPU cooling: Stock
GPU cooling: Stock
Monitor: IBM G74 1024 X 768

If you miss him, AfroPON is here...

I like cats

Remember Decent?

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-05-07 16:18:58

At 5/7/09 04:17 PM, Afro-wolf wrote: Stuff about his comp

Can I Join? I like playing GTA4 and some others...

If you miss him, AfroPON is here...

I like cats

Remember Decent?

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-05-07 18:33:35

At 5/4/09 06:26 AM, Elder wrote: I'm in love with TF2 right now. I'm hoping to get the Axtinguisher finally, but I love being spy so much that it makes it difficult to stop.
backstabbing heavies n' all.

I know what you mean, I'm trying to get the Axtinguisher at the moment as well. I've been playing quite well as Pyro recently, so hopefully shouldn't take too long. I'm just trying to get the Combined Fire achievement before I start using the Flare gun a lot to try and get the Flaregun achievements.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-05-07 19:48:47

pyro is for noobs

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-05-07 20:35:32

At 5/7/09 07:48 PM, TacoFreak wrote: pyro is for noobs

I'll take a guess and say you play Spy a lot, eh?

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-05-17 21:52:16

Just in case my sig doesn't provide enough info or I change it, here are my specs:
750w Rosewill PSU
PNY 9800GTX+ (512mb)
Some random Peagatron Mobo(?)
Dual Core 2.2HGz E2200
4GB DDR2 RAM @ 400MHz
Some Dirktooth Raidmax case that has:
120mm in front
120mm in back
80mm on side
80mm on bar(You know, that inner bar that can swing out?)
80mm HDD cage
640GB
W7 Ultimate (I also have XP in dual boot, but it is currently virus infected)
And stock cooler
My idle temps are anywhere from 39-47C and while playing Steam games I've never seen it go past 53C
For some reason while playing HL2, after 30min or so my computer freezes. I thought it was overheating so I cleaned my cpu cooler (which happened to be FULL of dust) and my temps lowered a bit, but it still does the same thing...
Yet I can play TF2 for hours and its fine.
I realize HL2 is way more graphics intensive..
So my question is, with all this info, what kind of games should I buy that should work on my system to have some fun with. Im bored with just TF2, I played COD4 for hundreds of hours on my PS3, I got bored with oblivion on my ps3, COD5 got boring after awhile, and Fallout 3 doesnt look anymore fun that oblivion.

Any games to suggest that my system can handle?
And is my computer freezing due to overheating? Will lowering the options from highest to med fix this?

RAWR.

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-05-23 20:22:53

Jesus you guys, at least pretend you're useful.

RAWR.

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-05-23 23:52:51

At 5/23/09 08:22 PM, TheWolfe wrote: Jesus you guys, at least pretend you're useful.

Lol. This club is dead.

Sounds like you have fairly similar specs to me, except you video card shits all over mine.

I'm fairly new to the PC gaming scene, but you could always try Left 4 Dead. It runs on the Source engine, so it should be fine for your comp. Also, TF2's update just came out so don't give up on that baby yet.

You could always try Audiosurf. I've played a bit of it, and found it quite fun, but I don't know how long that factor would last. You could always try the demo on Steam. That and Plants Vs Zombies.

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-05-24 00:11:35

At 5/23/09 11:52 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 5/23/09 08:22 PM, TheWolfe wrote: Jesus you guys, at least pretend you're useful.
Lol. This club is dead.

Sounds like you have fairly similar specs to me, except you video card shits all over mine.

Haha I lol'd
Never has a compliment made me laugh so hard

I'm fairly new to the PC gaming scene, but you could always try Left 4 Dead. It runs on the Source engine, so it should be fine for your comp. Also, TF2's update just came out so don't give up on that baby yet.

I far as I could tell, the update just gave the sniper a bow an arrow that I am too low of a level to acquire. That and every server I went into crashed within 5 minutes.

You could always try Audiosurf. I've played a bit of it, and found it quite fun, but I don't know how long that factor would last. You could always try the demo on Steam. That and Plants Vs Zombies.

Ive heard about that once, in a magazine I think. I'll look into it, thanks!
=D

RAWR.

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-05-24 04:43:28

At 5/24/09 12:11 AM, TheWolfe wrote: Haha I lol'd
Never has a compliment made me laugh so hard

Lol. Well, they're fairly similar, my processor is dual core 2.3 GHz, and my RAM is 4GB DDR2.
I've only got a nVidia GeForce 9500M though, which while decent, still isn't in the GTX range.

I far as I could tell, the update just gave the sniper a bow an arrow that I am too low of a level to acquire. That and every server I went into crashed within 5 minutes.

Well the Spy weapons are quite neat. Though the Ambassador is stupidly overpowered. Weird about your server issue, but they've probably straightened that out now.

Ive heard about that once, in a magazine I think. I'll look into it, thanks!
=D

Glad I could help! ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-07-07 12:55:18

This seems a pretty cool club and is relevant to my interests.

Anyone tried out the new Street fighter yet? If so, is it any good? I ran the benchmark and I got 60 fps overall on 1920*1080 16x MSAA (I got an Nvidia GTX 285), so that's not a problem.

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-07-21 20:42:09

Haha, I haven't looked in here in a while. Sure, you two above can join if you'd like.

ParadoxVoid, I see you're still playing like a true gamer. And hey, some new faces!

Eh, I don't HONESTLY expect a reply to this post. Nah, that'll be too demanding. Just reading it is fine. :)

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-09-12 21:11:00

Is this still alive? There are three new games coming out in the next few months, and I think this would be a good place to discuss them.
Or am I just going to get banned for bumping a thread? :/

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-09-12 22:28:59

Who's thinking about jumping to DX11?

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-09-13 12:13:58

At 9/12/09 10:28 PM, ThoseSneakyFrench wrote: Who's thinking about jumping to DX11?

That depends- how much is that supposed to cost? Looks good, but expensive.

Response to The Computer Gaming Club 2009-09-13 14:35:28

At 9/13/09 12:13 PM, Elder wrote: That depends- how much is that supposed to cost? Looks good, but expensive.

$400- 5870
$300- 5850

Release prices, without any competition from Nvidia.

Also http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=76 40