00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Petaly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Military Crew

68,651 Views | 521 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 09:29:31

anyone here ever been in a M1 Abrahams tank? or seen one?

heres a pic.

Military Crew

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 09:33:19

At 7/23/09 09:29 AM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: anyone here ever been in a M1 Abrahams tank? or seen one?

heres a pic.

my friend was a tanker. i guess they spent most of their deployment in humvees or some shit. it didn't sound like he really rolled out in a tank very often. it's more of an invasion tool than an occupation. really think about it because i promise you it's gonna be a lot gayer than you think.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 10:02:56

At 7/23/09 09:33 AM, michelinman wrote:
At 7/23/09 09:29 AM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: anyone here ever been in a M1 Abrahams tank? or seen one?

heres a pic.
my friend was a tanker. i guess they spent most of their deployment in humvees or some shit. it didn't sound like he really rolled out in a tank very often. it's more of an invasion tool than an occupation. really think about it because i promise you it's gonna be a lot gayer than you think.

awww really so I will barely get any BOOM-BOOM action? damn... Well I hope we go to war with Iran or Pakistan (which would most likely happen since Israel got the green light for nukes.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 10:43:59

At 7/23/09 10:02 AM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: awww really so I will barely get any BOOM-BOOM action? damn...

no, i was saying you'll never get any "boom-boom action"

Well I hope we go to war with Iran or Pakistan (which would most likely happen since Israel got the green light for nukes.)

the only thing more immature than your hope for a war with iran is your prediction that it'll happen based on some news report you saw one time. iran has 12 and a half million people on their
basij force alone. that's just the people that are left over who the government couldn't afford to give guns, not even including their army. do you want to go over there with 100,000 unmotivated soldiers to take on 13 million people who HOPE to die for their cause? because i sure as hell don't. you really need to think over the military before you join. it's not like the movies and video games make it. it's real life.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 11:51:06

At 7/23/09 10:43 AM, michelinman wrote:
the only thing more immature than your hope for a war with iran is your prediction that it'll happen based on some news report you saw one time. iran has 12 and a half million people on their
basij force alone. that's just the people that are left over who the government couldn't afford to give guns, not even including their army. do you want to go over there with 100,000 unmotivated soldiers to take on 13 million people who HOPE to die for their cause? because i sure as hell don't. you really need to think over the military before you join. it's not like the movies and video games make it. it's real life.

did you even read the article 13 million people so what? most of them will be young children from 12-25 and old men and a few woman.
plus most of the time they cant even carry a firearm with out special permission. shit not to mention old Soviet Surplus weapons? please plus they have no basic training with them much less they could shoot. all

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 11:55:24

At 7/23/09 11:51 AM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: did you even read the article 13 million people so what? most of them will be young children from 12-25 and old men and a few woman.
plus most of the time they cant even carry a firearm with out special permission. shit not to mention old Soviet Surplus weapons? please plus they have no basic training with them much less they could shoot. all

exactly. they're meat shields. their job is to gather together and try to overrun positions before they all die using their sheer numbers as a weapon, then when they get on top of you, they bash your head in with a rock and steal your weapons. that's exactly what they did in the iraq/iran war in the 80's. they don't sit back and shoot at you from positions. they just completely overwhelm you. a sea of people that from the bottom of their hearts want to kill me, with rocks in their hands running at me when i've only got an m249 is not something that you should hope for. it would not be "totally badass"

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 13:04:32

yeah and the .50 cals on our tanks and humvees alon would take down those waves. .50 cal bullet alone could go through 3-4 people.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 13:46:13

At 7/23/09 12:04 PM, Grubby wrote: Yeah! I had a very huge interest in the military since I was very very young.

One of my relatives went to the Air Force Academy, excelled in studies, and became a Doctor, not necessarily a surgeon, but a Doctor and an Officer. My father's co-workers also have traveled all around the world during leave when they were in the military.

Yea it's pretty easy to hop on a government flight out to wherever you want in the world for pretty cheap or almost free, can't remember the cost. So in that way I guess you could travel the world. The military doesn't technically pay you to go on vacation out somewhere lol.

I think joining the Air Force via Air Force Academy would fulfill my life aspirations the most. I want to get into the field of medical studies, while serving my country, traveling around the world, and living a pretty exhilarating life at the same time. I heard it might help me in business/politics in the future if I choose to pursue them.

Yea probably would help somewhat your hopes for that kind of future. The only obstacle is getting your senator's approval I guess to get there. My uncle was a Squadron Leader at the Air Force Academy (some sort of teacher) for a couple years, he liked it. He got his promotion to LtCol there.

At 7/23/09 01:04 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: yeah and the .50 cals on our tanks and humvees alon would take down those waves. .50 cal bullet alone could go through 3-4 people.

Don't forget Air Superiority. That's our biggest strength, at least for Marines. We can pretty much take over any country in about a week or two by bombarding the shit out of it's military positions.

I truly don't agree with a war with Iran, unless they want to Nuke us or something, otherwise it's just pointless.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 14:12:25

dont forget spiffy our navy is the most superior in the world. plus with sanctions and current world economy on Iran I don't think they would last for very long look at afgahnistan we took over it pretty fast (well most of it) .

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 14:14:32

heli's go by their time, not your time and aren't reliable at all when you're talking about minutes from being overrun. if you can hold off for 5 or 6 hours you might be ok. good luck getting authorization or even a hold of a claymore, 50 cals are difficult to traverse and elevate quickly because there is a locking bar to help with the recoil not to mention they take 40 to 50 seconds to reload which has to be done every 100 rounds, and aren't even authorized to be fired in dense urban environments which is for sure where a human wave type attack would be mounted from, most likely in a complex ambush set off with an ied or rpg to disorient the patrol (this works beautifully too, i promise and could easily end with everyone in the patrol dead.) all in all, iran has too much manpower and too much motivation for us to just up and decide to go to war with them, since it would easily be the scale of vietnam if not worse. it's gonna take a lot more than *defiance* as a motive to start a war with a country with that scale of military. when you guys start training for war and learn some shit about it, let me know, but until then, accept the fact that your political science teacher doesn't know shit and trust the words of the guys who've been there.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 14:21:04

At 7/23/09 02:12 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: dont forget spiffy our navy is the most superior in the world. plus with sanctions and current world economy on Iran I don't think they would last for very long look at afgahnistan we took over it pretty fast (well most of it) .

yeah so? irans navy got destroyed in 18 hours in the '80s if i'm correct. they don't use the shit. all our navy can do is drop bombs on iran, and it's not like they live in an area where they don't know how to survive rocket attacks. and it isn't about the guys in the uniforms retard. it's about the mother fucker in his house with an AK47 who is gonna fight for his land rather than let your stupid american ass take it over. no one would roll over and let that happen, which is exactly what's going on in afghanistan now. taking over land doesn't mean you took over the people. the american death tolls in afghanistan are the highest they've been since well... ever, and it's not the taliban. it's new groups of people who didn't hate us until we invaded. and iran can last plenty long i assure you. as long as a single person there has a breath in their body, they will last. every friday nearly every citizen holds anti-american rallies right after church. these are not people you want to piss off further you silly high school student you. why do you think we keep letting them get away with all the shit they do?

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 14:29:01

At 7/23/09 02:21 PM, michelinman wrote: these are not people you want to piss off further you silly high school student you.

but I graduated...

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 17:28:08

No need to flame now guys, let's calm down.

Obviously we as military members have more knowledge about how war works, and he just doesn't understand that, we should educate without treating him like he's an asshat. Let's have civil conversations, ok?

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 17:47:58

At 7/23/09 05:28 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: No need to flame now guys, let's calm down.

Obviously we as military members have more knowledge about how war works, and he just doesn't understand that, we should educate without treating him like he's an asshat. Let's have civil conversations, ok?

BUT BUT! he didn't read it. :( haha. it's all good man. he just annoyed me a smidge. he's young though, i'll play nice.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 18:10:10

At 7/23/09 06:00 PM, Grubby wrote: I say it's the Tiger I.

discovery channel already done did it. top ten tanks of all time. i wins. :)

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 18:20:47

At 7/23/09 06:10 PM, michelinman wrote:

I was about to mention that. 3rd place isn't bad I guess. Didn't they have criteria they used to rank each tank? I can't remember... I think it was mobility, fire power, armor, cost ?

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 18:24:55

At 7/23/09 06:20 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 7/23/09 06:10 PM, michelinman wrote:
I was about to mention that. 3rd place isn't bad I guess. Didn't they have criteria they used to rank each tank? I can't remember... I think it was mobility, fire power, armor, cost ?

plus fear factor and it was how many of them were made in how much time, not cost. i think that was all of them?

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 21:36:05

At 7/23/09 07:55 PM, Grubby wrote: Yeah! I saw that Discovery channel thing on Youtube I think.

But it's just my opinion. If I had to face this bugger, I would have been scared to death.

not as bad as the russian tank which got the number one ranked. i watched the video of it again and it's definitely a bad ass piece of machinery.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 21:52:22

updates(well only a few), if anyone is interested.

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM

Heathenry; it's not for you

"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 22:05:08

the fuck, how did i get here?

i posted in the politics reg forum...

BBS Signature

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 22:08:55

At 7/23/09 10:05 PM, SolInvictus wrote: the fuck, how did i get here?
i posted in the politics reg forum...

i was really kinda curious about that myself. haha. and here i was thinking you were just going around spamming the c&c with links...

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-23 22:35:28

At 7/23/09 10:08 PM, michelinman wrote: i was really kinda curious about that myself. haha. and here i was thinking you were just going around spamming the c&c with links...

figured i'd come back and check on how much i'm getting laughed at. but i honestly don't understand it; i was reading comments from the poli reg thread and there are no links from there to here.
anyways, i don't belong here yet so i'm off to politics.

might be back in the fall.

BBS Signature

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-24 07:10:39

dont worry sol it was probbably by accident and thats ok.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-24 13:38:24

Dante I just noticed your bbs signature is wrong. It says JOIN THE MILITARY but it links to the wrong website.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-24 17:53:22

At 7/24/09 01:38 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Dante I just noticed your bbs signature is wrong. It says JOIN THE MILITARY but it links to the wrong website.

lulz. oh branch rivalry. haha. for serious though, you shouldn't be trying to convince people to join the army when you don't know what you're getting them into. i know you get the pfc promotion for having referred somebody to join, but your soul isn't worth 2000 dollars. i wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy. wait at least a year before you start deciding you know whether the army is good or bad.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-24 19:08:40

At 7/24/09 03:20 PM, B4gle wrote: Can I join if I'm going to join the army?

Yea you're more than welcome to join our crew! Personally I fleed Canada to come here and be in a real military, I don't know why you want to be in the Canadian Army. Seriously, I was born in and lived in Canada for 18 years and now I'm a U.S. Marine.

I figured since I wanted to fly planes, I had a better chance with a military that didn't have just 5 of them.

At 7/24/09 05:53 PM, michelinman wrote:
lulz. oh branch rivalry. haha.

Yea it needs to go to www.Marines.com hahahahaha

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-24 19:23:18

At 7/24/09 05:53 PM, michelinman wrote: but your soul isn't worth 2000 dollars.

shit man its worth less than that. believe me.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-24 19:25:16

oh and I fixed the link in the sig.and that 2K bonus and promotion would be real nice man.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-24 19:26:59

At 7/24/09 07:23 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: shit man its worth less than that. believe me.

if you were looking at it like i was coming at it from a religious point of view then you're wrong wrong wrong. haha. it's just like i said. i wouldn't wish some of this shit on my worst enemy. and spiffy you know what marine stands for right? muscles are required, intelligence not essential. haha.

Response to Military Crew 2009-07-24 19:35:13

At 7/24/09 07:26 PM, michelinman wrote: and spiffy you know what marine stands for right? muscles are required, intelligence not essential. haha.

Haven't you seen that picture of the fat body in the new "tactical" shirt the Army has with his gut hanging out the bottom carrying pizzas.

That sums up the Army real nice too lol.

I wish I could find the picture, my buddy showed it to me.