Be a Supporter!

Military Crew

  • 50,031 Views
  • 598 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Exige2009
Exige2009
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-05 17:02:51 Reply

At 11/5/09 07:08 AM, HellboundNinja wrote: Im a Private First Class in the US Army...i only got like two years left. As of now i plan on quiting the US Army when my time comes and moving the England and joining the Royal Army. Gotta give up my US Citizenship but I dont really use it for much so im not bothered.

Hmm...two things come to mind. Either you're full of crap (which isn't surprising on NG), Or you got royally F'd and slapped with a dishonorable discharge. Sounds like desertion to me. But hey, that's my opinion. I think this because you're not the only private I've seen kicked out/AWOL who fled to another country. Happens more than you all think.


my sig by: Me
Sig Maker for NGSM Forum

BBS Signature
WastedWizard
WastedWizard
  • Member since: Jan. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-05 19:54:46 Reply

At 11/5/09 01:23 PM, Exige2009 wrote: lol, are you serious?! Dude that sucks. My time was literally spent working 12 hour shifts playing PS3 in the FOB. On the rare occassions we DID get work, all we did was go, "yep, it's broke. Send for repairs" and go back to playing PS3....I longed for any kind of action! lol

I'm in quite a special unit so we only really get used when there is definatly enemy.

AJ
AJ
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-05 22:55:51 Reply

At 11/5/09 07:08 AM, HellboundNinja wrote: Im a Private First Class in the US Army...i only got like two years left. As of now i plan on quiting the US Army when my time comes and moving the England and joining the Royal Army. Gotta give up my US Citizenship but I dont really use it for much so im not bothered.

Nice. I was thinking Australia personally. I want to be close to New Zealand so I can snowboard there over the summer. It sucks Canada isn't as friendly with letting people from the states move there anymore. Anyway, lol how being in the Army makes people leave the country.

vgfa287
vgfa287
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-06 17:07:46 Reply

hey I was wondering if anyone is in the US Army? I am going to boot soon and I am curious to know what its like.

Exige2009
Exige2009
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-06 20:06:06 Reply

At 11/6/09 05:07 PM, vgfa287 wrote: hey I was wondering if anyone is in the US Army? I am going to boot soon and I am curious to know what its like.

where's your boot? If it's anywhere other than Fort Benning or Fort Knox....we are done here. lol. I'm guessing Laxin' Jackson is where your boot is.


my sig by: Me
Sig Maker for NGSM Forum

BBS Signature
WastedWizard
WastedWizard
  • Member since: Jan. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-06 20:35:26 Reply

At 11/5/09 05:02 PM, Exige2009 wrote:
Hmm...two things come to mind. Either you're full of crap (which isn't surprising on NG), Or you got royally F'd and slapped with a dishonorable discharge. Sounds like desertion to me. But hey, that's my opinion. I think this because you're not the only private I've seen kicked out/AWOL who fled to another country. Happens more than you all think.

Whats the problem, he is leaving when he is allowed he isnt getting kicked out.

Exige2009
Exige2009
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-06 22:02:19 Reply

At 11/6/09 08:35 PM, WastedWizard wrote:

Whats the problem, he is leaving when he is allowed he isnt getting kicked out.

no problem, just scheptical. I've seen this happen a lot in the military...and for all we know he could be blowing smoke about his "getting out". But again, i'm being scheptical and giving my opinion. I hope his story's true and is full of happiness, good for him. :D


my sig by: Me
Sig Maker for NGSM Forum

BBS Signature
vgfa287
vgfa287
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-06 22:08:18 Reply

At 11/6/09 08:06 PM, Exige2009 wrote:
At 11/6/09 05:07 PM, vgfa287 wrote: hey I was wondering if anyone is in the US Army? I am going to boot soon and I am curious to know what its like.
where's your boot? If it's anywhere other than Fort Benning or Fort Knox....we are done here. lol. I'm guessing Laxin' Jackson is where your boot is.

my boot is going to be in Fort Lwood in Missouri

Exige2009
Exige2009
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-06 22:26:56 Reply

At 11/6/09 10:08 PM, vgfa287 wrote:
At 11/6/09 08:06 PM, Exige2009 wrote:
At 11/6/09 05:07 PM, vgfa287 wrote: hey I was wondering if anyone is in the US Army? I am going to boot soon and I am curious to know what its like.
where's your boot? If it's anywhere other than Fort Benning or Fort Knox....we are done here. lol. I'm guessing Laxin' Jackson is where your boot is.
my boot is going to be in Fort Lwood in Missouri

I had a couple friends go there. They said it was pretty ghetto and 8up. But it who knows, it might've just been their company. Good luck! What MOS did you choose?


my sig by: Me
Sig Maker for NGSM Forum

BBS Signature
DizzeeRascal
DizzeeRascal
  • Member since: Sep. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-07 12:45:28 Reply

At 11/5/09 05:02 PM, Exige2009 wrote:
At 11/5/09 07:08 AM, HellboundNinja wrote: Im a Private First Class in the US Army...i only got like two years left. As of now i plan on quiting the US Army when my time comes and moving the England and joining the Royal Army. Gotta give up my US Citizenship but I dont really use it for much so im not bothered.
Hmm...two things come to mind. Either you're full of crap (which isn't surprising on NG), Or you got royally F'd and slapped with a dishonorable discharge. Sounds like desertion to me. But hey, that's my opinion. I think this because you're not the only private I've seen kicked out/AWOL who fled to another country. Happens more than you all think.

Surprisingly enough, England isn't that bad. It's a sad case that people believe the only reason one would go there is if they had been dishonourably discharged.


he's jus' a rascal...

KennyD
KennyD
  • Member since: May. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-07 15:29:50 Reply

At 11/7/09 12:45 PM, DizzeeRascal wrote:
Surprisingly enough, England isn't that bad. It's a sad case that people believe the only reason one would go there is if they had been dishonourably discharged.

I would think joining one nations' military service after getting out of another one would be next to impossible, honorable discharge or not.
If you had a dishonorable discharge, they'll know your a shitbag, and they won't want you.
If you had an honorable discharge, they'll most likely be suspicious of your reasons wanting to join and probably not take the chance.
Either way, you'll give up any services from the military offers after you get out, you'll have to become a British citizen and if you do end up getting in, its considered treason and you'll never be allowed back into the United States ever again.

Before you start calling BS, I checked the last fact with the legal dept.

vgfa287
vgfa287
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-07 19:01:38 Reply

At 11/6/09 10:26 PM, Exige2009 wrote:
I had a couple friends go there. They said it was pretty ghetto and 8up. But it who knows, it might've just been their company. Good luck! What MOS did you choose?

lol I hear that a nick name for Fort Lwood is Fort Lost in the woods because its in a remote location. My MOS is Civil Affairs Specialist.

HellboundNinja
HellboundNinja
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-08 13:35:41 Reply

At 11/5/09 12:14 PM, WastedWizard wrote:
At 11/5/09 07:08 AM, HellboundNinja wrote: Im a Private First Class in the US Army...i only got like two years left. As of now i plan on quiting the US Army when my time comes and moving the England and joining the Royal Army. Gotta give up my US Citizenship but I dont really use it for much so im not bothered.
Whats the reason you want to come join us Brits haha?

Well my Girl and I jsut celebrated our 7 month Anniversry. I get deploy soon and if her and I can make it through me being deployed then were gonna look into making it a little more LONG term. And since i dont mind the military life to much I figured why not rejoin. Im not partial to where I live or who im affiliated with. Granted Im not the type to spy Ither cause if i swear my alligance I stick to my convictions. The only things that matters to me is who i live with...and i want to live with her. Since she loves england so much ill jsut go to her and do whats needed to stay there easily.


BBS Signature
HellboundNinja
HellboundNinja
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-08 13:45:07 Reply

At 11/5/09 05:02 PM, Exige2009 wrote: Hmm...two things come to mind. Either you're full of crap (which isn't surprising on NG), Or you got royally F'd and slapped with a dishonorable discharge. Sounds like desertion to me. But hey, that's my opinion. I think this because you're not the only private I've seen kicked out/AWOL who fled to another country. Happens more than you all think.

Or how about America jsut annoys the hell out of me and the US Army has jsut pushed me over the edge. Dont get me wrong, Im a good soldier and im thankfull for the things opertunitys my cuntry have put before me...but im ready to move on with my life and persue an amazing opertuniy with a girl ive fallen in love with who is from london.
I deploy soon and have a pretty important job which i take very seriously and when im done doing my part and helping my fellow soldiers I want out of this shit to persue my life as i see fit


BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-09 19:42:53 Reply

At 11/4/09 10:00 PM, iwantbrainz wrote: Can i join i would love to learn about the military :D

No, you're more than welcome to join in on the conversation, ask questions etc... But actual "membership" so to speak is reserved at my discretion to military, former military and once in a while contracted, not yet military.

AJ
AJ
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-09 19:44:30 Reply

<<<<<Getting out of the army.

Military Crew

Exige2009
Exige2009
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-10 08:49:22 Reply

At 11/9/09 07:44 PM, michelinman wrote: <<<<<Getting out of the army.

Niceness!


my sig by: Me
Sig Maker for NGSM Forum

BBS Signature
KennyD
KennyD
  • Member since: May. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-11 20:11:48 Reply

Happy Veterans Day, my fellow service members!
Also, yesterday was the Marine Corps 234th Birthday, Happy Birthday Marines!

The Marine Corps has just been called by the New York Times, 'The elite of this country.' I think it is the elite of the world.
Admiral William Halsey, U.S. Navy

SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-11 20:20:13 Reply

At 11/11/09 08:11 PM, KennyD wrote: Also, yesterday was the Marine Corps 234th Birthday, Happy Birthday Marines!

OohRah!

How did you guys like this year's message from the commandant? That video was pretty moto.

Psycho666
Psycho666
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-12 15:27:14 Reply

At 10/22/09 01:56 AM, sinfulwolf wrote:
Kinda harsh. I'm not in the American Military so how would I know what that means?

11B for me was a callsign. 1st Company, 1st Platoon, Bravo Section.

An 11B is an American Infantry Rifelman. didn't quite mean it the way I posted I guess. If you don't know what an Infantryman is though, there might be some problems.


BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-12 22:30:02 Reply

At 11/12/09 03:27 PM, Psycho666 wrote:
An 11B is an American Infantry Rifelman. didn't quite mean it the way I posted I guess. If you don't know what an Infantryman is though, there might be some problems.

Or an 0311 in the Marines. But yea clearly if you don't know what infantry is you might not fit in this club well.

sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-13 18:57:49 Reply

At 11/12/09 10:30 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 11/12/09 03:27 PM, Psycho666 wrote:
An 11B is an American Infantry Rifelman. didn't quite mean it the way I posted I guess. If you don't know what an Infantryman is though, there might be some problems.
Or an 0311 in the Marines. But yea clearly if you don't know what infantry is you might not fit in this club well.

I'm in the infantry as stated before. Our MOS in Canada is 00010... last I checked it was anyway. They've changed it to that from R031 a little while ago.

Good to know when talking to other Americans what 11B is though.

Also, bit late (didn't have internet till today) but 2 days ago was Remembrance Day in Canada...

My memories go to those soldiers who have fallen in service of their country. As many other nations have some sort of day of remembrance on this day, I will not restrict this day to any particular nation.

Penrodeo
Penrodeo
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-18 17:22:13 Reply

At 7/31/09 04:20 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 7/31/09 03:57 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: you know what would be cool Delta Force.
Bleh, Marine Corps infantry is just as good.

Pfffffffft, lmao. That's a good one. (no offense to marines)

Anyways, back with another question. I finally know a lot more about what I'll be doing, just seeing if you guys would reccommend it.

(This is all Army btw.)

My first four years will be spent in 91F, which is small arms and artillery repair/maintenence. I'll be fixing up all our military issued guns and maybe others, plus I'l learn how to work on them effectively so I can be a gunsmith when I get back.

After that I'll probably sign up with 11x, which is infantry. I'll do a four year contract with them, do what's needed, etc.

After that I was thinking of trying to join the Rangers and going into the Rangers 75th for another 4. I figured in 8 years I could definately get ready for the training and have a compartively easy time compared to other people.

After the Rangers, I'll see if I'm eligible to join 18x, which is Special Forces Weapons Sargeants. That way I can become even more familiar with weapons, be it from here or other countries, and just so I can have special forces under my belt.

If I want to go a full 20 years so that I can retire, I may just go back to 11X/91F or become an Artillery specialist.

I plan on being in the military for a while, yes I realize that it's definately not all that fun, shit can happen, I can be killed and the chances of that with my plan is highly likely. And I know I'll probably hate the training and the shit that I do, but when it comes to my future, I honestly can't see myself doing anything else. Whenever I see anything related to Military, I just get this feeling like I want to be there, that I belong there.

Anyways, just seeing what you guys would think.


BBS Signature
KennyD
KennyD
  • Member since: May. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-19 10:42:31 Reply

At 11/18/09 05:22 PM, Chymeraxe wrote:
91F->11x->18x->11x/91F
Anyways, just seeing what you guys would think.

Will you be able to transition into those jobs smoothly, or are you hoping that ever time you re-enlist you'll be able to transfer to the new MOS?
I know in the Marines, once you've chosen an MOS, your basically stuck with it for life. (yes, I know there are exceptions.)

ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Programmer
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-19 13:41:09 Reply

I was thinking about leaving my collage and moving onto Welbeck, the Military Collage of Engeneering. It's just a choice I'm thinking about making, granted they'll let me in, after getting my AS levels!

If anybody has got any experience on the matter I'd love to hear?


Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-19 18:28:01 Reply

At 11/19/09 01:41 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: I was thinking about leaving my collage and moving onto Welbeck, the Military Collage of Engeneering. It's just a choice I'm thinking about making, granted they'll let me in, after getting my AS levels!

If anybody has got any experience on the matter I'd love to hear?

A collage? Isn't that like an arrangement of various images put together to make something else?

HAHA

I don't know nothing about Military College of Engineering where are you from?

wwwyzzerdd
wwwyzzerdd
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-19 18:53:02 Reply

So for the last 3 weeks I've been at design school for Virgina Class subs. The school is ran by and held at Knolls Atomic Power Lab. If you don't know much about the origins of nuclear propulsion you would be amazed at how it began with people like Adm. Rickover and General Electric. I still think it's stunning that a full-scale reactor was fit into a metal can and sent under the polar ice cap before we even began large-scale commercial nuclear plants. I've honestly become more intrigued with the scientific background of this more than I've been concerned with the military in general.

Needless to say though, I'm glad this school is over. It's kinda like watching the Discovery Channel for 3 weeks straight; and none of those weeks are Shark Week. We're taught about the design aspect of our ship from engineers, although our end-job is operators. As an electrical operator, I have learned nothing new about what I'll be doing. I've learned some cool shit about noise reduction, reactor testing, and a bunch of other classified information, but very little of it will make me a good operator.

We've also been working on our ship's badge too. Being that we're named the Mississippi, there isn't much we can work with. We can't put the state flag on for obvious reason, and other than a gator there isn't much else. It'll probably be a sub with the state outline and a gator behind it. My idea of a Ford F-150 sitting on cinder blocks in front of a double-wide, and a chick with 3 teeth holding a 12-pack of Keystone Light got shot down.


BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-19 20:40:59 Reply

At 11/19/09 06:53 PM, wwwyzzerdd wrote: Some random post.

Have I just not seen you in my thread before or are you just posting completely randomly and accidentally in the wrong thread?

SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-19 20:42:44 Reply

At 11/19/09 08:40 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 11/19/09 06:53 PM, wwwyzzerdd wrote: Some random post.
Have I just not seen you in my thread before or are you just posting completely randomly and accidentally in the wrong thread?

Wait a second never mind.

I didn't say anything. I totally just read that wrong. My bad.

Penrodeo
Penrodeo
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Military Crew 2009-11-19 22:06:53 Reply

At 11/19/09 10:42 AM, KennyD wrote:
At 11/18/09 05:22 PM, Chymeraxe wrote:
91F->11x->18x->11x/91F
Anyways, just seeing what you guys would think.
Will you be able to transition into those jobs smoothly, or are you hoping that ever time you re-enlist you'll be able to transfer to the new MOS?
I know in the Marines, once you've chosen an MOS, your basically stuck with it for life. (yes, I know there are exceptions.)

I've talked to a few guys in the army, and they said that if you wanted to you could get into other things pretty easy. None of them went into Rangers or SF, but those you have to apply for anyways so it's not like that's going to be hard to just apply.


BBS Signature