00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the warhammer 40k collab!

82,364 Views | 1,272 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-20 22:41:01

cool

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-21 02:46:47

Sorry i've been gone for a while, work, gf, sleepyness and all :P crap 7days to complete :P DW though, i'll work my ass off this week. I'll start off with the menu, as it's the most troublesome bit to be quite honest, the artwork takes quite some time to make :P Then, i will continue by completing i kisses a spawn and, time permitting, i'll hopefully manage to have time to tweak all the other animations.

For now, just pray i wont be working till late so i'll have time to complete the stuff till next sunday :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-21 08:34:11

At 6/20/09 10:58 PM, ForbidMetal wrote:
At 6/20/09 09:10 PM, flashbound18 wrote: everyhting is done, the preloader scren is done.

enjoy

coded by (as he already said) northXIV
I know it's done and all, but the space marines don't really even chase you... making for a not so enjoyable game, and seeing as this is the first thing they'll see, not the best start,

In the original; pacman, the ghosts don't chase you. they just have a logical pattern of movement to them loosely based on where you are that 60% of the time makes it seem like they're after you. I'll talk to north and see If there's anything he can do.

the visuals are very nice however it's also very small and it took me some time to work out where my character was (probs just me being a 'tard)

It is impossible to fix this unless you want fucked up collisions and/or a tiny tiny level :P

Also I know it's extra work and just a suggestion if there is any extra time, but what if u made the nid more like pacman, actually moving animated mouth chomping on them planets. Just some thoughts, my piece is coming along.

extra work for both the programmer and the animator, but I think that's plausible. I'll do a littl animating and send him the idea soon

no easter egg may be placed at the end of the game, because the game loops and the score keeps going up. this design was intentional to keep anyone entertained for however long it takes that damn preloader.

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-21 09:20:16

bomblu, hows the menu coming along?

Also i need some voice acting and sound fx for my part

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-21 12:49:08

At 6/21/09 09:20 AM, micky315 wrote: bomblu, hows the menu coming along?

Menu's almost complete. Waiting for the written bios and other data, whoever has it :)
The only problem i've got with it is that the song i used is taking up a shitload of memory (surprise) so we'd need a loop :P Here you go :

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/210609/6 7372_Warhammer_40K_Collab_Menu_AS3.php

Please note: In the scene selection, i only included the animations from the most recent list, and i know some are left out. They are also in a random order, i think Flashbound18 will decide how they'll be placed.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-21 14:45:19

At 6/21/09 01:10 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: Ok and I have written up a new list of medals, a lot better than last time,

Here is the design for the medal logos, hopefully they're not too hard to understand :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-21 15:07:12

At 6/21/09 01:10 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: Ok and I have written up a new list of medals, a lot better than last time,

Hive Fleet - Score 200 points on the Pac-Nid Game - 5 pts

make the point value harder. you get over 200 in order to beat it once. make this like, 400.

Ork Toof - Find the 'Ork Toof' Easter Egg - 5 pts

for something like this, it would be funnier if it was like 'click the dick' and you clicked someones crotch area or a hidden penis-looking thing somewhere. this is NG, remember.

Catalepsean Node - Watch the collab through from start until finish in one sitting - 10 pts

Secret - This is a secret medal, keep searching to find it - 5 pts (Visit every page of the collab)

make a better name for the secrets than contain a very vague clue

Sternguard Veteran - Click on every space marine weapon in the throughout the collab - 10 pts

( see above edits to original)

Grot Oiler - Find all the missing oil cans that careless grot left lieing around! (click on them to retrieve them) 5 in total- 5 pts

how can we program something like this? a scavenger hunt, I worry, will deter from the movie.

Secret - This is a secret medal, keep searching to find it- 10 pts (Find all secrets and obtain all medals)

(see above)

Anyone wish to give critism etc?
Don is this more what you had in mind?

(btw the grot oiler thing, Il make some oil cans we can leave around people's animations in hidy spots.

bomblu, I the menu is great, but the marine in the opening art's thighs are rather obese woman-ish, and I'm not liking that there isn't any transition between pages. also, the play button isn't blatantly obvious. I think you could fix it by making it glow

for a transition, try doing something similar to my transition from one titan walking his dog to the next, if you can't think of anything else

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-21 15:19:21

At 6/21/09 12:49 PM, BoMbLu wrote:
At 6/21/09 09:20 AM, micky315 wrote: bomblu, hows the menu coming along?

Menu's almost complete. Waiting for the written bios and other data, whoever has it :)
The only problem i've got with it is that the song i used is taking up a shitload of memory (surprise) so we'd need a loop :P Here you go :

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/210609/6 7372_Warhammer_40K_Collab_Menu_AS3.php

Please note: In the scene selection, i only included the animations from the most recent list, and i know some are left out. They are also in a random order, i think Flashbound18 will decide how they'll be placed.

Excuse me even though i'm not involved in this collab i was wondering.
What is the name of that song that plays in the menu screen because it would fit in brilliantly in my flash that i'm making.

kthxbi

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-21 15:56:05

At 6/21/09 03:07 PM, flashbound18 wrote: bomblu, I the menu is great, but the marine in the opening art's thighs are rather obese woman-ish, and I'm not liking that there isn't any transition between pages. also, the play button isn't blatantly obvious. I think you could fix it by making it glow

for a transition, try doing something similar to my transition from one titan walking his dog to the next, if you can't think of anything else

Well, i dont see anything not obvious about PLAY being written, i can change it to 'INITIATE' or 'BEGIN' or 'START' or 'COMMENCE', but i find the word 'play' being a bit more easy to understand as newgrounds gets views from ppl who dont know how to speek decent english. I think play is the simplest word we can use.

His tghis, possibly, they might be a tad chubby, will see how it looks when there'll be all the characters and tweek that if i've got enough time.

Oh as for the transitions, i do have an idea how to work that out, but i'd need at least another 2 weeks to complete all my stuff by animating a camera movement. However, time is of the essence and so is file size, so the more artwork and animation i load into this collab, the more you're going to complain on how big my stuff is (no pun intended) :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-21 23:47:49

At 6/21/09 03:56 PM, BoMbLu wrote:
At 6/21/09 03:07 PM, flashbound18 wrote: bomblu, I the menu is great, but the marine in the opening art's thighs are rather obese woman-ish, and I'm not liking that there isn't any transition between pages. also, the play button isn't blatantly obvious. I think you could fix it by making it glow

Well, i dont see anything not obvious about PLAY being written, i can change it to 'INITIATE' or 'BEGIN' or 'START' or 'COMMENCE', but i find the word 'play' being a bit more easy to understand as newgrounds gets views from ppl who dont know how to speek decent english. I think play is the simplest word we can use.

I'm not saying it's hard to understand what the word 'play' means, just that my eyes aren't drawn to the play button as they should be, which Is why im suggesting you make the play text glow red or something.

His tghis, possibly, they might be a tad chubby, will see how it looks when there'll be all the characters and tweek that if i've got enough time.

Oh as for the transitions, i do have an idea how to work that out, but i'd need at least another 2 weeks to complete all my stuff by animating a camera movement. However, time is of the essence and so is file size, so the more artwork and animation i load into this collab, the more you're going to complain on how big my stuff is (no pun intended) :P

a transition really shouldn't take that much time. if you'll need another 2 weeks, I'll just work out transitions in-menu when I'm assembling the collab (if I am assembling it; I don't mean to offend, forbid just said I was)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 01:49:43

ok, well here's the completed titanicus part

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/220609/6 595_titanicus.php

as always, criticism will be appreciated.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 02:10:14

Well, i think we all assume you'll be copiling the whole collb as you're leader :P

DW i'll try fix all those things, but please remember i'm spending between 6 to 10 hrs a day at work, which doesnt help in my mood when coming back to animate some stuff. I'll do my utmost to try and complete everything in 6 days :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 04:26:03

hey bomlu! i know u got a bunch a shit goin on with work and stuff but i just thot i'd let u know, i LOVE the menu screen! haha ive just been playin around on it . i cant wait to see it completed! with the links and all.....*sigh* this things gonna be sweeeeeeet

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 07:26:40

At 6/22/09 04:26 AM, RedHarvest wrote: hey bomlu! i know u got a bunch a shit goin on with work and stuff but i just thot i'd let u know, i LOVE the menu screen!

Thanks mate :)

@ Everyone:

Could you possibly post in some of your bios please, basic age, gender, years animating, what you like and dont lke abut 40k, and how you feel that the collab has helped you in animating, etc.

Your help in writing this stuff will help me a LOT as no1, i dont know this stuff about you, no2, the menu will be complete faster and no3, well...i said so so you have to obey :P

Please :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 09:02:49

I am finally school free <_< (Still got some exams though') I'll be able to work hell of alot more <_< Well, I have to x: (*pokes deadline*), here's some progress...

All hail lazy style <3
(No, I haven't dubbed the whole shazzah', yet.)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 09:07:37

At 6/22/09 09:02 AM, TrojenMonkey wrote: I have to x: (*pokes deadline*), here's some progress...

Aw fuck, ignore that...The dimensions were screwed...
**Link**

Wow. almost 1mb and still not done.
I'll try to cut the full lengh of the audio files =/

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 09:52:10

thats going to add major file size!

so should we start righting the bios now?

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 10:09:38

At 6/22/09 09:07 AM, TrojenMonkey wrote:
At 6/22/09 09:02 AM, TrojenMonkey wrote:
Wow. almost 1mb and still not done.
I'll try to cut the full lengh of the audio files =/

It looks really great! However, the massive file size is probably the result of all the blurs. I don't really know what to say about that.

Micky, as for bios, they should probably all be pmed to bomblu, though I can't authorize filling his pm box, so wait for his opinion. it's just that that way they won't get jumbled and lost amongst the other posts and activity.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 10:15:55

At 6/22/09 06:38 AM, CrabPope wrote: Finished my part, it's a bit rubbish though, maybe you could use it as an easter egg?

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/220609/4 1828_CrabPope_SM.php

I liked it a lot! it just needs a few little things to make it shinier; no, I wouldn't want this to be an easter egg, but rather, the last part in the collab (aside from bomblus.)

add shadows under their feet by simply drawing a black oval, making a symbol, and bluring it on it's x.

for the muzzle flares, the secret is to have them flash. you can do this by making a blank keyframe every few frames or so.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 10:32:31

yes sure guys, send me the bios asap :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 10:33:27

Blur eh...That's new, i'll check it out and will' try to fix the size <_<

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 10:43:49

At 6/22/09 06:38 AM, CrabPope wrote: Finished my part, it's a bit rubbish though, maybe you could use it as an easter egg?

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/220609/4 1828_CrabPope_SM.php

actually, besides what I mentioned before, really all this needs is some epic music. just have it cut when it goes to the shot of all the armies killing eachother in a brawl, with a record scratch noise to end it.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 10:59:46

now that the final bios are being sent in, here is forbids new list:

Name

How long have you been animating?

What made you start animating?

Why the warhammer collab?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 15:47:56

At 6/22/09 12:28 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: pffff what a pansy ass list..

Can we pretty pretty pretty please use teh old one without the questions people didn't enjoy :)?

come on, that list is so ....standard..

Well, i must STRONGLY agree with flashbound18 on this one. The animation screen is quite small, and the new questions fit EXACTLY into the page, so i think we'll better keep it simple this time.

Here's a sample of the author bios. Our NG Alias and image will be seen on the rock, engraved style.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 16:49:51

grrrr lets just use the ones that bomblu says....hes the one makin the menu so lets just make it easy for him. We keep switching btween all these bios, we gotta just settle.....

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 17:26:21

Can we pretty pretty pretty please use teh old one without the questions people didn't enjoy :)?

please just let it go mate.. I like what bomlbue sdone with your new list anyway. this is whats best.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 18:27:38

At 6/22/09 06:18 PM, ForbidMetal wrote:
At 6/22/09 05:26 PM, flashbound18 wrote:

please just let it go mate.. I like what bomlbue sdone with your new list anyway. this is whats best.
My new list? I didn't write that, it is your list. oh well it seems the majority have vetoed il fill that out now, also exams are over for me so I should be on top of my anims.

post # 28, page 333. you posted that list. I re posted it. I guess you mean It was made after our conversation..

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-22 18:46:37

post # 28, page 333. you posted that list. I re posted it. I guess you mean It was made after our conversation..

anyway, it's a stupid thing to argue about or make something of.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-23 02:10:35

Guys, if you could also send me a piece of artwork from one of your animations in FLA format, please do so i'll put it on the rock in the bios page under your name. If you'd like to draw your own face or something, then feel free to do so. Doing this will rly help me in finishing up on time :)

My email's 'thebomblu@hotmail.com' you can also send the bios info if you already havent :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-23 05:16:18

Just got back... I took a glance through the few pages of posts... haven't yet read all of them.

I saw a couple of messages saying that Flashbound thinks I have contributed enough for this collab.

My questions:
1. Am I going to be included in the bio page and if so are my 'questions' different or do I just make smart ass remarks :-)
2. About the image request... what dimensions / colour scheme would you like?
3. Since I haven't used flash in about 10 years... and don't own an editor, what alternate file type would you like (it would be made in photoshop so basically any image type would be fair game)
4. In keeping with Flashbounds concerns, does anybody need me to redo any of my own voice work?

Its good to be back and I gather things are coming together swimmingly.

BBS Signature