00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the warhammer 40k collab!

82,372 Views | 1,272 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-11 16:34:21

At 9/10/09 06:28 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Got those lines ready for me yet? xP

Sorry mate, v.v.v.v.v.busy days these have been; resit, public-holiday, art-school induction meetings, day in gozo (another island of my countries sensual archipelago) and so on :P

Ok here are the lines (for the sake of voice diversity):
*angry space marine voice - during battle*
Eliminate the Xenos! / Destroy the alien infestation!!

*could you do this in an alien/robot kind voice? :P For the tau animation*
Tee-hee-hehe...the idiots (or something on those lines, i like spontanious stuff ;)

Feel free to come up with some variations for them man, didnt make any lip-synch for now. Thats' the last thing i'll do ;p

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-12 11:31:50

Nice trailer, for a second I was abit worried you'll use my part, heh. (long delay, yeah.)
I'll appreciate if someone will PM as soon as the collab comes out <_< I hardly visit the' thread.
'

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-12 11:33:37

P.S: (Arg) good luck Forbid o_o
And to whom keeps working on this blob.
'Out ;P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-12 16:27:33

hey all! a cool thot kinda just occurred to me. Would u guys be down for gettin the same group back together and doing a warhammer collab?..(like fantasy warhammer) i think it'd be cool to kinda tack on a little ad or trailer for in the 40k one.'

just a thot

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-13 03:57:01

At 9/12/09 04:27 PM, RedHarvest wrote: hey all! a cool thot kinda just occurred to me. Would u guys be down for gettin the same group back together and doing a warhammer collab?..(like fantasy warhammer) i think it'd be cool to kinda tack on a little ad or trailer for in the 40k one.'

just a thot

So, some things i'd like to say.

Yes, a warhammer fantasy one's in the 'works' (discussing stage, though i didnt talk to flashbound yet. However, i have an idea which would change things a little [number of contestants and why they get in - we have a general idea of all you guys here when it comes to dedication and stuff towards the collab, the way it'll be split in parts, etc] - more on that later, once the 40k one's out.

Secondly, i think the collab compiling and stuff's almost done. Shouldnt be too long till it's out.

I will not rant or anything, but i might have misunderstood your comment and rating on the trailer, or some infants never grow up. Anyway, it's newgrounds, nothing new to see.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-13 09:54:19

Credits are done.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-13 14:26:18

At 9/13/09 09:54 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Credits are done.

Estimated Time of Completion?

Nothing definitive...just estimated.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-13 16:27:48

At 9/13/09 02:26 PM, Phobotech wrote:
At 9/13/09 09:54 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Credits are done.
Estimated Time of Completion?

Nothing definitive...just estimated.

I'm not in charge of the final compiling but i'll throw you a 3rd week of september completion. Now release, remember end of september's madness time. It'd be folly to post it on the 21st of september or sometime before or after that date. If it were my decision, i'll go for something like 4th October or so.

As for PM'ing eachother that the collab's out, i cant think of a stupider request.
You get co-authored (if the part gets int), there's this forum and the main page.

Grow up.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-13 19:36:44

As for PM'ing eachother that the collab's out, i cant think of a stupider request.
You get co-authored (if the part gets int), there's this forum and the main page.

Grow up.

haha agreed....but funny way of putting it

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-17 10:08:40

Halfway through the month of September. Only half a month more to go...

*gasp* SIIIIIIIIIGGGHHH......

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-18 13:58:48

At 9/17/09 10:08 AM, Phobotech wrote: Halfway through the month of September. Only half a month more to go...

*gasp* SIIIIIIIIIGGGHHH......

Ok let's not start a riot shall we? :P As far as i know, the collab's in 'post production' so they're re-checking everything and so on. Remember, i think we should thank the big ones for taking this time to perfect our animations.

And why did monkeyman run away?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-18 20:32:36

And why did monkeyman run away?
cos he is black? OWO hjiopooooo I qwent to carnival ronight ex cuse my typing, ubt I am working oin teh collab, I know it's taken so long but trust me, it's tough and I'm soryr fot that, It does sound like we all just keep making excuses but really, I'm trying the besxt I can sorry for the cdelays.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! (gasp) HAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAH!

HAHAHAH!

drunk post! AWESOME!

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-18 22:05:04

drunkness for the win....on fridays u gotta just say fuck animation.....no offense to anyone...drunk.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-19 04:53:42

Being the eldest guy here, and the only legal adult, i must say - enjoy it whilst you can :D

But i dont drink.

Unless it's beer.

Then i drink.

:D

Flashbound, which transitions will we use?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-19 09:54:28

At 9/19/09 04:53 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Being the eldest guy here, and the only legal adult, i must say - enjoy it whilst you can :D

But i dont drink.

Unless it's beer.

Then i drink.

D
Flashbound, which transitions will we use?

dude... I'm starting to get the idea that you'd like to use a different transition.
you've asked 3 times now, this being the third, and every time I've said we've made and decided to use that one with the speed racer clip...

so If you'd like to use a different one, please say which, post it, and we'll probably use that instead.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-19 10:23:12

Ok my bad, i must have skipped the line in which you said which transition you'd be using. I just repeated it cos i didnt know if the decision had been finalized or not :P You know, for the sake of keeping the thread running :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-19 14:43:11

At 9/19/09 04:53 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Being the eldest guy here, and the only legal adult, i must say - enjoy it whilst you can :D

Are you kidding me? I drank in celebration after I completed my short within the deadline.

In fact, what do you think I'm doing this weekend? I defend my alcoholism with pride.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-19 14:46:00

...and ELDEST? Your profile says you're 18! What's this nonsense of you being the eldest!?

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-19 22:52:55

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-20 02:39:57

At 9/19/09 10:52 PM, flashbound18 wrote: hey guys, today's talk like a pirate day and I entered the contest:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/51 2034

HAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA! Great stuff man! V.v.v.v.funny :D
Well, looks like it's 'lets show our stuff' time (:P) And here's what i did today in approx 3hrs (for the calendar contest) :

the warhammer 40k collab!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-20 10:50:41

At 9/20/09 10:05 AM, ForbidMetal wrote: He's right yanno Bomblu ;p
Phobo is the oldest

Lol, thought i was the eldest guy here - oh well :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-20 15:08:50

At 9/20/09 10:50 AM, BoMbLu wrote:
At 9/20/09 10:05 AM, ForbidMetal wrote: He's right yanno Bomblu ;p
Phobo is the oldest
Lol, thought i was the eldest guy here - oh well :P

Hey bomblu, I was looking at your favorite stuff and we're basically the same person! I really should update my userpage...

anyway, as for collab news.. I've been optimizing my parts by forbids standards, probably to be finished Monday. the pirate day movie was a big distraction, so sorry forbid in advance as I won't have them done this weekend.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-21 02:03:26

That was funny as hell, Flashbound! Well-done!

Also, gratz on your first Gold!

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-22 03:23:46

Well, we're at the top of the hill, here on Madness Day...

God help us all.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-22 16:56:23

Chill - there's a week or two with madness stuff being the highlight of the newgrounds thing. It'd be folly to post it for now.

+, i can say that compiling a trailer's a pain - let alone debugging and compiling a full collab ;p

Look at it this way, we're going to RAPE THE FRONT PAGE so it's worth the wait (y) :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-22 22:24:41

i agree...wait till madness dies...but in the mean time (since were showin stuff we are workin on) check out my madness day video! its doing so well! i actually have a shot at gettin top ten!.....maybe....so help me out and vote 5 my fellow 40k nerds haha

luv u all....and we litterally will get front page!

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-23 00:17:02

I know, I know...I was merely stating the obvious in that we're over the hump, and it's all downhill from here until we get to (x)

I trust y'alls judgement....again, just anxious.

Also, I had a five to spare for your flash, RedHarvest. Great job! It's about time we saw a Madness flash that didn't just rip-off Krinkles.

...Also...Paramore ftw...

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-26 06:28:20

Madness stuff's almost over - and in a month's time i'd be the Halloween thingy...so i will ask the question myself :P Any vague date when the whole thing will be complete? Has everyone sent all the important info to the big guys (songs used mainly?) for the credits? I sent the credit fla to forbid cos he was online 1st, all he needs to do i alter the dummy text in the credit song stuff.

FatKid, i didnt recieve any voice acting stuff till now. Are you still in?

Which transition scene are we using?
Kidding there :P

Apart from that, i think we're in the 95% complete stage, right? :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-26 11:43:10

At 9/26/09 09:01 AM, ForbidMetal wrote: Erm, on the whole credits front, I thought they were complete somewhere. I thought you did them :S
that or FlashBound has them, either way, I believe all the info is in this thread somewhere.

Ya ya - they're done :) all i need is the song list, it's just text so it wont take long to fix :) Still have the FLA and stuff, will do them myself if you want ;)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-09-26 19:48:56

My music- "Counter Point" by Ralph Wienrich
SFX were from Robotech, Transformers, and My Mouth.

I check this thread every day, incredibly anxious for the collab's release.

Anything wrong with the second week of October?

... let's lay the front page down gently and pound it hard.

BBS Signature