00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the warhammer 40k collab!

82,363 Views | 1,272 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-11-21 23:00:02

At 11/21/09 08:57 PM, magicswordz wrote: More fluffly less stick is where I stand
Generic humor can go with any universe but 40k is unique in its own fluff
but we also make it clear what the joke is
making "'gee fred.. dont you think its sill that the eldar, a dieing race, put their civilians on the front lines with plastic armor and short ranged ninja star tossers?'"
into

"Fred?"
"Yes Tom?"
"Aren't the Eldar a dying race?"
"That is what i have heard"
"Then why do they put their 'men' on the front line with paper mache armor and ninja star tossers?"
~

EXACTLY

thats exactly what Im talking about! using dialogue as a device to get away with fluff and still hav provide an outsider understanding

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-11-22 03:57:03

Yes to all of you ;p

Not that i dont 'want' fluff-jokes. I for one noticed that my jokes were all generic and random. Saying that you dont care about the score this time when you were uber-pissed about not getting higher than 4.00...i dont get you sometimes mr.Forbid :P

Now, i remember many ppl liked Phobotechs animation (sorry if i mispelt). It wasnt very fluff related was it? And it's probably the funnyest bit in the whole collab. Basic story? Eldar dont know how to use their walker-guys, fall onto their units, marine says 'the emperor truly has a sense of humour.' It's not very fluff related (unless there was some war when the eldar commited suicide thus the marines won). This animation was also one of the most mentioned as being their best.

(i'm going to keep out my i kissed a spawn cos that was just a gay idea which tured out to be pretty ok)

When we go to the heavy-fluff-talking jokes, like the marine and eldar by flash18 and the fabius geene seed by forbid, i personally didnt laugh, ESPECIALLY when compared to the 'join the imperial army' which for some reason wasnt added to the collab.

Dont get me wrong, this is just my opinion so before i open the fantasy thread, we're all going to agree on the content.

Which brings me back to my inital idea.

I first wanted to make a serios collab. You guys might remember my post with the 'teaser logo' for the serious collab. IMO, if we want to stick to fluff and having a very decent score, then serious collab is the way to go. I might be going against my word this time, but the best thing to do would be to find a nice bit of lore with a good storyline and a variety in action, dialogu, etc and work with that.
We wont need any storywriters per-se, GW fans CANT complain (so we could get a good score unless we get a 'why did you do gotrek and flix? next time make the war of the beard. you get a 0 for the effort). NG fans may than be amazed by the deep storyline which we'd be using from the lore, and we'd be making something epic at the same time.

I had to accept turning to comedy cos Forbid convinced Flashbound (i think, correct me if i'm worng) to join us if it were comedy. Coming to think of it, we do need some variety.

So, once again, i'm re-thinking this whole thing up and sifting towards the Epic Fantasy collab rather than humour.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-11-22 17:03:07

At 11/22/09 12:07 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: I mean, no-one really does serious collabs, and do we all follow a storyline with each animator doing their bit? Or, do they just have random scenes...SO, I dunno, but if we can make it work, sure, I'll go epic instead of funny.

Now immagine that. One very decent storyline, divided into parts. Almost like a 'Heavy Metal' movie...We'd stick to a certain genre or 2 of music, we'd change the flow of the story according to the animator...
If done right...if done right... :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-11-23 20:29:14

At 11/23/09 05:36 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: PIRATES ON THE HIGH SEAS!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzHQ2La83 OU

Someone hath done something very bad, check the link. You'll see.

SWEET! the ultimate honor to any animator! the animation being ripped and put on youtube! forbid, ask the guy just to credit this or in the descript. disclaim all credit to himself, aswell as provide a link to the collab on NG

having the movine on youtube will give it more publicity, now that its off the front page.

and if we're doing serious, what the fuck am I supposed to do with this dwarf that took upwards of 6-7 hours to draw? and what about the wizards? they wont translate well into serious.. so I guess Im just dicked. Id still prefer a comedy thing... Im not totally confident serious would work, but I'll go with whichever end has more popular opinion

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-11-23 21:34:15

Ah bugger
I really like that dwarf too :(

Serious Collab... I dunno; what would that be like?
I just know that the quality of the animations of the other artist would(/should) have to be up to par with flashbound's and bomblu's work

Music Wise~ I suggest (and have been suggested by those I showed this too) that we stick with the Soundtracks from DoW (which you can download for free btw; legally)

My one of my ideas(which due to work, i haven't be able to do any drawing for yet) was going to be with goblins, and their doom divers; and those boys can't be serious ether
~but i have always loved drawing chaos chosen if we do go serious :3

~I'm Commander Shepard And this is my favorite Animator on Newgrounds~

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-11-23 22:18:42

i vote comedy....thats a bad ass dwarf by the way.

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-11-24 03:30:43

At 11/23/09 08:29 PM, flashbound18 wrote: and if we're doing serious, what the fuck am I supposed to do with this dwarf that took upwards of 6-7 hours to draw? and what about the wizards? they wont translate well into serious.. so I guess Im just dicked. Id still prefer a comedy thing... Im not totally confident serious would work, but I'll go with whichever end has more popular opinion

Yep... thats one damn fine dwarf there...and comedy seems to be a favourite atm.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-11-30 16:48:16

bunmpity bumpzorskins

srsly.. wheres the next thread bomb? stop playing creed 2 and get your ass in gear lol!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-12-01 01:06:53

Aii....

School work, and work work, and submitting college applications and.. you get it :x

Hopefully I will have free time soon to draw something up (that isn't taken up by games.... L4D2 is great...)

Random topic starter~ordered all the parts to build a new PC from scratch. will be a lot better than the one I have now
Hopefully I will be drawing on my new (pretty) monitor and not playing games (and enjoying not having to play on min. visual settings) too much

~I'm Commander Shepard And this is my favorite Animator on Newgrounds~

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-12-01 14:46:09

At 11/30/09 04:48 PM, flashbound18 wrote: bunmpity bumpzorskins

srsly.. wheres the next thread bomb? stop playing creed 2 and get your ass in gear lol!

Yep, i mean to get this thread started next week. I'm crushed with deadlines atm - graphic design school... pretty tough.

And i WISH i've got Assassins creed 2... i'm going to have to wait though :P

Any suggestions for the fantasy collab? Anyone?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-12-02 12:48:26

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-12-02 16:54:27

At 12/2/09 12:55 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: THIS!

IS IT!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-12-02 17:54:32

At 12/2/09 04:54 PM, BoMbLu wrote:
At 12/2/09 12:55 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: THIS!
IS IT!

wait.. you finished the sentence....

i cant add anything no moarz :(