00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ShadowedVaultDweller just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the warhammer 40k collab!

82,378 Views | 1,272 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 01:18:57

voice acting for the part is complete to nearly complete, and I'm syncing right now. it won't be long. school finished today, hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow.

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 01:30:16

I am giddy with anticipation... the art for that one looks amazing.
-
On another note, does any know another way to contact globdecitus... I really like the animation of his part and would like to do a copy of the voices... but I can't understand what is being said... I've sent a PM... don't have an email address.

:-(

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 05:22:07

i know i said i wanted to do a little bit in this collab if the offer is still open im sure il be able to get you a flash animation within the week in to whom ever is in charge... im currently updating my list of things to do and this is on it :3... so pm me or just reply to the thread and il see if i can get myself squeezed into this collab... thanks in advance!

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 05:31:00

Ok then. I'll finish off IKAS, and touch up the other animtions :) If i put an instrumental piece from the song in the credits is good? To keep the same song, just bein an extension?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 05:55:14

is it still possible to jump in on this if im any good? ill make a sketch and post then ill work on some animation.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 05:55:48

My opinion is an instrumental would be plenty for the credits.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 07:40:07

At 6/16/09 05:55 AM, Pawn007 wrote: My opinion is an instrumental would be plenty for the credits.

Didnt quie get that... Instrumental's good or bad?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 08:00:20

ok i got a low res pic of what i got so far, its part of an animation, which i am working on, just seeing if you guys like what i got

the warhammer 40k collab!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 08:22:23

At 6/16/09 07:40 AM, BoMbLu wrote:
At 6/16/09 05:55 AM, Pawn007 wrote: My opinion is an instrumental would be plenty for the credits.

Instrumental good :D

ie don't attempt to sing the rest of 'I kissed a spawn'... just the instruments

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 08:39:56

At 6/16/09 08:00 AM, S-Gear wrote: ok i got a low res pic of what i got so far, its part of an animation, which i am working on, just seeing if you guys like what i got

looks good just wait for flashbound (hes the leader) to give you the O.K then your in :)

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 11:53:38

At 6/16/09 05:55 AM, S-Gear wrote: is it still possible to jump in on this if im any good? ill make a sketch and post then ill work on some animation.

as long as you can finish a part by June 28th (that should give us enough time to put it all together by July 1st)

seriously guys, the time is running out. technically you have 15 days left, but the sooner the better, so get working!

anyway, I finished the part.
I can understand the dialogue, but please tell me if you have any problems. I can add subs, but it will be a bitch.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 11:56:40

At 6/16/09 07:40 AM, BoMbLu wrote:

I thin he's saying, and I agree, that you should do that.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 17:28:35

"whats with the helmet?" update

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 17:59:54

hey mickey! make sure u add sound to that part!

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 18:04:57

Hey flashbound the audio for your latest flash sucks balls fix it FAST!!!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 18:16:06

At 6/16/09 05:59 PM, RedHarvest wrote: hey mickey! make sure u add sound to that part!

i wont

:Hey flashbound the audio for your latest flash sucks balls fix it FAST!!!

i agree, its kinda hard to understand

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 18:31:50

At 6/16/09 06:04 PM, GuassMan wrote: Hey flashbound the audio for your latest flash sucks balls fix it FAST!!!

what part of it? all of ti, the voice acting, the quality, or the clicks and pops?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 18:39:49

the voices, the space marine in particular but they both need work

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 18:45:43

sorry for double post but how do you like my part? suggestions?

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 18:49:30

Tonight is the only night this week I will be able to record anything... going on a short trip. Won't be back until send afternoon.

If anybody needs anything, post it and I'll see what I can do.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 18:51:34

At 6/16/09 06:49 PM, Pawn007 wrote: Tonight is the only night this week I will be able to record anything... going on a short trip. Won't be back until send afternoon.

And of course 'send' is my people's way of saying Sunday

*stupid missing edit button... grumble grumble grumble

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 18:53:51

At 6/16/09 06:39 PM, micky315 wrote: the voices, the space marine in particular but they both need work

that's a creative difference 'm going to choose to ignore. thank you for the criticism, but I'm satisfied with the voice acting; the recording quality is my only problem. I'll re record the space marine part to reduce clicks and pops and make him easier to understand, as well as add subs. but that's all concerning sound.

sorry for double post but how do you like my part? suggestions?

It's better; just a couple more things:
-make his expression still angry as he walks away shaking his head
-when he pauses, there are several color holes in the artwork. please refine that frame, it's a little sloppy.
I think the background would be much better if you eliminated outlines all together. do so by painting with 'don't fill gaps' selected, the lines the color of the neighboring fills.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 19:08:04

dude...flashbound...dont u think it will be really wierd if rite in the middle of the collab there is a part with like no sound in it? (in regards to mickeys part//)haha.....i mean it could be anything..gunfire...music...voices....wh atever

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 19:31:06

At 6/16/09 07:08 PM, RedHarvest wrote: dude...flashbound...dont u think it will be really wierd if rite in the middle of the collab there is a part with like no sound in it? (in regards to mickeys part//)haha.....i mean it could be anything..gunfire...music...voices....wh atever

of course he'll have sound. I'm trying to help get the animation aspect of his film carried away first, however. the sounds he uses are entirely dependent on what happens in his movie

though props, you have a funny way of pointing things out mate.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 21:20:07

ill get on your suggestions right away and what sound should i use for the clip?

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-16 21:40:37

At 6/16/09 09:20 PM, micky315 wrote: ill get on your suggestions right away and what sound should i use for the clip?

I'll help you out, don't worry. like I said, just get the animating done.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-17 02:12:28

Popped in before i leave for work :) Now that FB18's animation's ready, shall we compile some animations and send them to Tom Fulp for the giving of medals? It's been quite a while since he pm'd me, dont want him to think the collab broke down :P

Also, apologies for not being too active lately, but recently i'm at wortk for 6 to 10 hrs, which doesnt give me too much time to come onto the forums and post (even though i read the stuff at work :3) Though i'm making some progress with i kissed a spawn :)

Also, if you think the sound isnt too good for IKAS, Pawn007, you can try out singing it for me as i think your mic and voice acting skills are better than mine, way better :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-17 03:49:01

Also, if you think the sound isnt too good for IKAS, Pawn007, you can try out singing it for me as i think your mic and voice acting skills are better than mine, way better :P

I'd love to give it a shot... but I'm going to be hoping on a plane in about 3 hours... I come back Sunday...
... I'll practice while I'm going and see what I can do when I get back.

:P

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-17 09:14:14

At 6/17/09 02:12 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Popped in before i leave for work :) Now that FB18's animation's ready, shall we compile some animations and send them to Tom Fulp for the giving of medals? It's been quite a while since he pm'd me, dont want him to think the collab broke down :P

not quite yet. they're complaining of audio quality for mine, I'll try to fix that today though.

Also, apologies for not being too active lately, but recently i'm at wortk for 6 to 10 hrs, which doesnt give me too much time to come onto the forums and post (even though i read the stuff at work :3) Though i'm making some progress with i kissed a spawn :)

good, good :)

I think it is perfect, I appreciate pawns help, but we need some variety in voices. we can't have every part VAed by the same person.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-17 10:15:52

ok heres what i got so far, ill be working on it as fast as i can
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/170609/3 2996_impg.php

i can go anywhere with this but so far im gonna have gone guy say "hey man check out this new tat i got" and pull up his sleeve to reveal a Horde tattoo from Warcraft. The other guys gonna look at him with angry eyes, when !Bam! the guy is gonna get smashed to bits by a space marine landing, making the other guy laugh and say, the bastard deserved it.

Oh and check out this older warhammer concept fight i did way back, its 4MB so it might load slow just wait a bit then click the logo thing
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/170609/3 3048_wahamma.php