00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkAngleComics just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the warhammer 40k collab!

82,376 Views | 1,272 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-12 21:32:43

Okay, so I finally decided that I wanted to see what everyone was doing... here is a list of all the active flash links I found... if its incomplete sue me... and if the name is wrong sue me twice :P

flashbound18
Tower of Skulls
Las Cannon WTF
The Emperor of Mankind whats YOU!
Is that a gazelle?
The Emperor
The Terminator

ForbidMetal
Defiler Rabit Hunt
Specism

BuMbLu
Bunny Squish
Make love not warhammer
Ouch, my ass!
Orkish luv...
Outkasts
I kissed a spawn...

micky315
Armour Saves
What's with the helmets?

Nuttro
Green Skins...

globdecitus
The Pains of War

RedHarvest
Livin' Together
Tau Restructuring

I think thats all of them....

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-12 21:56:19

hey guys! this collab is looking rlly good!!! heres my finished second part and my first part cleaned up a bit...i may make a short 3rd part if everyones ok with that....! keep it up guys!

*also, can the one with the kkk eldar add sound effects?..just a thot...other than that it looks good

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/120609/7 5339_RedHarvest_40kcollab2.php

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/120609/7 5419_RedHarvest_40kcollab1.php

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-12 22:02:55

hey flashbound... I really think that the Las Cannon WTF clip could be an epic win... just needs a quick intro...

I recorded something that I think summerizes your 'story' in about 2-3 seconds... it wouldn't even need to be animated... a black screen could be enough...

http://www.mediafire.com/?zkjhjmyjm2j

... oh there are just a couple of reaction sounds at the end for the marine... just screwing around...

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-12 22:41:04

update:

(scrn shot on next part)

fobid, once completed, I would like to show this movie to fulp. I only need a few days.

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-13 01:38:36

globdecitus ---> if you are still around I would like to try a rerecord of the voices in your clip... I just can't for the life of me figure out what they are saying... only bits and pieces. -- since I haven't seen you post in a while I will also blast you a pm...

flashbound... awesome image... I'm seriously looking forward to the... 'serious' warhammer collab... I'm certain we can get some EPIC work done.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-13 06:51:20

Wow, we've got 20+ animations! Good work Pawn007, seriously, it needed someone like you to compile all the animations we've got till now.

As for waiting for medals, yes Flashbound, it would be folly not to wait for that animation to show to Fulp :P I'm having some problems with coding the credit effects though i'll hopefully fix it soon ;p

Keep up the good work guys! A place in the front page is waiting for us :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-13 06:56:02

PS. One mistake, the Emperor animation is mine, but i wont be finishing it as it would have taken too long :(

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-13 07:29:27

At 6/13/09 06:56 AM, BoMbLu wrote: PS. One mistake, the Emperor animation is mine, but i wont be finishing it as it would have taken too long :(

oops... sorry guy, my mistake.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-13 09:45:14

thanks a whole lot for the compiled list pawn. It has proved extremely helpful.
I'd like to use pawns list to compile suggestions for each part to polish (including my own)

flashbound18
Tower of Skulls

I am going to try an eliminate the bitmap tracing here.

Las Cannon WTF

the same. I will retouch the rhino to eliminate bitmap tracing.

The Emperor of Mankind wants YOU!

pawn has recorded a better suited voice. I will add the echos and insert

Is that a gazelle?

I'm going to do a things to make this just look better. little fancy things, I mean.

The Terminator

I'm going to improve on the Bgs, and make the one behind john conner darker

ForbidMetal
Defiler Rabit Hunt

the backgrounds coul stand for polishing, and send the sounds via msn so I can remove the fuz (bugs)

Specism

do not make pawns voices permanent (make a copy of the file.) personally, i think that 3/4 of the humor is the funny voice. please post both v's and let us compare them.

BuMbLu
Bunny Squish

the physics just seem a little off on the drop pod part, landing and door, aswell as when he gets run over. I have a suggestion about the blood, but I can't really help save for on msn, so log on this morning!

Make love not warhammer

we're going to have to find a way to compress that video. it alone will drag our preloader

Ouch, my ass!

everything's perfect, but on this version the music is a little too quiet. try to make it even with your sound effects.

Orkish luv...

I love this animation. I only suggest making the background darker, and changing it's outlines from black to dark brown to effectively separate it from the characters

Outkasts

you can achieve more emphasis on the Asian guardsmen by placing the captain guardsmen in the closest seat on his row to the viewer, and losing the glasses on the other guy. also, could you add a shadow under there feet?

I kissed a spawn...

this whole thing is great, but there is this one length where he isn't doing anything, between "too sick to deny it" til before "nuuuu-rgleeeeeee-nuuuuur-gleeeee"

micky315
Armour Saves

please make the background outlines for the wall a Grey slightly darker than the base Grey, and the table outlines a slightly darker red than the table red base.

What's with the helmets?

sorry, but please re-animate the guard aspect with the same neatness and line thickness as the eldar, whom look great. Also, when you animate the walking, could you cause the body to move a little with the legs? they look very static. the black guy at the end shouldn't be say, keep the angry expression, but still make his mouth open. when he walks away, either make him shaking his head or muttering to himself, and make him kick a rock. the subtitles for the eldar aren't very legible. put a black bar behind them and make them white to fix this.

Nuttro
Green Skins...

the only criticism I have for this piece is that the cards aren't obviously card's at first glance. If you make them typical playing cards with a slightly thinner outline, it will be more obvious.

globdecitus
The Pains of War

the physics on the swingin penis are rather off, and it swings for too long. please add explosion sound effects for the background, and use easing on all of the relevant tweens. if you don't know what that is or need help, please msn me: hajimejo@hotmail.com

RedHarvest
Livin' Together

(I saw the completed, this is for that) I loved everything, save for the line where the side table meets the ground, (it's a little chewed up) the space wolfs laugh mouth w/ teeth (the lines are too thick) and bitmap tracing. the voices are excellent, but at parts with the dark eldar, it's hard to tell what he's saying. just add subtitles for this.

Tau Restructuring

(I saw the completed, this is for that) the only things about this movie are the opening fire warriors sleeves, (the shoulder pads should be above them) the mouth that tweens to a ridiculous size during the singing (the lines get too thick) and the bitmap tracing.
please, it's totally acceptable even, to trace you're bitmap traced backgrounds to make not-bitmap traced bs, but please get rid of bitmap tracing! everyone that used it! (myself included)

I think thats all of them....

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-13 11:49:35

At 6/12/09 09:56 PM, RedHarvest wrote: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/120609/7 5419_RedHarvest_40kcollab1.php

hey, I just noticed also that your tau have noses. there are a lot of dorks out there; if it isn't too much trouble, please try to give them the slit:

also, randys face is really well drawn and shaded, but the tau dancing and singings is really simple. why not just give him randys face?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-13 17:11:54

hey flash, i got a lot on my plate rite now but i will try to get to as many of those changes as possible. ty man

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-13 17:44:14

Thanks a LOT for the comments, flash. You pointed out stuff which i didnt see. I'll fix them once i get the I Kisses a Spawn all done, at the moment i'm filling in the gaps and fixing the AS3 for the credits :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-14 05:43:59

Fixing the credits. IF you want me to change any stuff please tell me, i wont continue working on it till i get the ok from flashbound :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-14 06:53:43

Awesome stuff good work...

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-14 10:00:29

At 6/14/09 05:43 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Fixing the credits. IF you want me to change any stuff please tell me, i wont continue working on it till i get the ok from flashbound :)

my only concern is that the song isn't long enough to pack credits in for everyone's parts. Bomblu, It would be just amazing if you could finish the song and make it full length. we need it for the credits, and I'd totally put that shit on my zune!

otherwise, great work! it looks awesome.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-14 10:28:57

At 6/14/09 05:43 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Fixing the credits. IF you want me to change any stuff please tell me, i wont continue working on it till i get the ok from flashbound :)

hey bomblu, I like the turning tween that brings in the text like 'animated by,' but I think I found a more interesting looking, more collab related text transition.

please watch this (anime, I know, bleh) at 12:30

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-14 11:00:20

It's not a problem for me, all i'd need is some more time please :)

So, am i getting this right? I'll finish off all the audio from the 'chaos we are so magical' to 'and i liked it' as an animation. After that, with a different song or just the same music but instrumental, there'll be the credits?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-14 11:03:45

Ok, just a very random idea. I like the bullet-shot effect of the anime and i think it can be done. However, what if - for the sake of the parrody - we break the rule of collabs having credits at the end - and have them 'ala the old star trek' series. We can make our own into parody for it, same music, just changed text to fit wh40k?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdjL8WXjl GI&feature=PlayList&p=F3A521D7473328D4&i ndex=9

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-14 13:43:16

At 6/14/09 11:28 AM, ForbidMetal wrote:
At 6/14/09 11:03 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Ok, just a very random idea. I like the bullet-shot effect of the anime and i think it can be done. However, what if -
I think that's a better idea, have the credits at the beginning so they don't just hit exit as soon as the anims are over. Starting it with the IKAS?

If that's what will be done, than what will become of the song you made?I'm not sure how it would do just as a part.
I worry of the effectlong(the star trek opening credits are fairly short) opening credits will have. I think they should either be at the end, or we just won't have any.
this isn't an executive order though; it's up for debate.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-14 16:46:19

put em at the end old school style....lolz

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-14 18:35:58

I'm pretty sure that having the crazy I Kissed a Spawn song going in the credits will keep people watching.

Even if its just an instrumental.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-14 18:58:26

Cant you just make the credits and the song in the preloader??

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-15 02:33:54

At 6/14/09 07:32 PM, ForbidMetal wrote:
At 6/14/09 06:58 PM, GuassMan wrote: Cant you just make the credits and the song in the preloader??
I Like this man's thinking! That's never been done before, dunno how long it'd take just to load the pre loader though.., we'd have to try it out

I dont mind any idea till now. I'll work the one decided upon if yo want though :) As for me finishing off the animation, as i said, it's more than ok for me. However, remember we have quite a few things to write in the credits - from all the music we have taken to the artists and voice actors to other stuff we'd have to mention. Our screen size isnt tooo big, so they might look crammed. Just an opinion :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-15 05:31:09

Well here´s some marine i made with photoshop. every part of it is in diffrent layer. it´s part of my new wh40k video that i´m gonna send on newgrounds, only problem is that i can´t find a way to change my vids on swf file.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-15 08:53:56

ok how about this one.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-15 11:14:11

I know i used too but please dont show artwork here.
Because the deadline for flash submissions is nearing and if you want in you gotta make a high quality flash submission following the guidelines set by flashbound18 (the collab organizer) available on the first page of this forum.
Otherwise don't just post still pictures.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-15 21:39:25

At 6/14/09 07:32 PM, ForbidMetal wrote:
At 6/14/09 06:58 PM, GuassMan wrote: Cant you just make the credits and the song in the preloader??
I Like this man's thinking! That's never been done before, dunno how long it'd take just to load the pre loader though.., we'd have to try it out

I disagree. the primary function of a newgrounds collab credits sequence is to show the viewer who made what. that's why it comes after the parts they've watched. It is my opinion bomblu, if possible, should finish the song and have the credits roll after the animation he's done.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-15 21:51:29

It has been traditional to place complete credits at the end of a film since the 1940's or so...

the credits are only there for people who care... forcing people who don't care to watch them is only going to make them resent the fact that they had to sit through a minute or two of credits to get to the point.

... just my opinion

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-15 21:54:35

yes, there really isn't any sense in trying to reinvent the traditional order of things. a collab we've been working on shouldn't take a big risk like this involving the credits

(my opinion)

why is this even a debate? yes, I allowed it to be debated, but why is it being debated? why try to tread on new ground where it is only risky, and otherwise is irrelevant?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-15 21:55:52

i agree with flash bound, credits should go at the end

BBS Signature