00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

300 = Best Movie Evar

5,435 Views | 95 Replies

300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 09:53:48

In most of my movie review threads, I post a list of upsides and downsides to the movies. However, there were too many upsides to the movie to list, so here's a list of downsides:

-None.

Go fucking see this movie if you've got a set. There is nothing anyone could have not liked about this movie. If there was, I will fight you. That is no lie.

Best 300 YTMND ever.

300 = Best Movie Evar

You've finally made it home

Draped in the flag that you fell for

And so it goes - the ashes of the wake

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 09:56:25

I've heard so many good comments about that movie now, I gotta see it. Also, I'm glad I saw the trailer so now I understand the YTMND - Which is great.

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 09:57:54

There's a fair amount of yelling in the film.

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 09:57:56

Looks CG-based, maybe entertaining.

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 09:58:45

It wasn't that great.

For Hack and Slash sure.

But for plot line, historical accuracy, cinematics and realism then no.

It also took itself way to seriously.

I give it a 6 out of 10

Between the idea And the reality

Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 09:59:10

This move is fucking EPIC. Best movie ever hands down.

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 10:00:09

I watched it on IMAX.

It was so packed.

But I enjoyed it.

Everything I see is just a image of my thoughts "Always looking for a better day..."

What's your fastest reaction time?

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 10:05:56

That is funny my local news station was just making fun of the movie. They said it was written like a 7th graders wrote it. Dialouge made no sense either. But I haven't seen it and I want to.

NEED BEATS??? I GOT EM ELSEWHERE

I sell beats here Matt Mattik

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 10:08:04

It is quite delicious. I really enjoyed it. Definitely a favorite of mine.

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 10:10:56

I saw the movie last night. The action was amazing and the blood spurts were awesome. It was the best fighting scenes Ive ever seen in a movie, also the most badass. The movie was soo epic on ever part. The music really set the mood and the computer shit was done very well. The only thing I thought they could have done better was the dialouge and shit like that. But who cares about that shit when 300 men just destroy thousands of people. I wish we could have seen the final fight scene with all of Greece vs the Persians. That would have been incrediable

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 10:18:58

i saw the trailer for this a few weeks ago. It looks like such an awesome film and i cant wait to see it.

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 10:20:01

"Come back with your shield or on it"

Great line from the movie

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 10:22:10

At 3/10/07 10:05 AM, SuperDeagle wrote:
At 3/10/07 09:58 AM, MortifiedPenguins wrote:
yeah accurate in the since its based on a comic book :P
in real life, some fluxes, but close enough to look by them.

The persian were using grenades.
Gunpowder wasn't even invented yet.

The fact that not a single arrow hits them on several instances.
And the fact that Bronze bladed weapons were chopping of limbs, heads and bones.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 10:25:09

I saw it yesterday. I literally remembered all of the YTMND's during the movie parts.

ALSO WHEN THE IMMORTALS ARE ON THE HILL, DID ANYONE THINK THEY LOOKED LIKE TANKMEN?

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 10:30:24

At 3/10/07 10:26 AM, SuperDeagle wrote:
At 3/10/07 10:22 AM, MortifiedPenguins wrote:
At 3/10/07 09:58 AM, MortifiedPenguins wrote:
who says it was gunpowder in those jars? i mean the greeks had basically napalm, why not?

The greeks had greek fire which would erupt into fire at the instance of air. This was commonly used with ships.

Now, since great fire doesn't need another fire source to light it, only air. Why would they use a lit wick on them.

Any piece of metal cant cut through someone if sharp/slung hard enough.

I'm guessing you never used Bronze before.

Bronze is a weak metal. The chance that it actually did cut through flesh, muscle sinew and bone, it would be blunted beyond all use.

If Bronze was this good as a weapon, why would they changed to Iron weapons as soon as possible.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 10:34:42

The persian were using grenades.

They weren't grenades.

Gunpowder wasn't even invented yet.

You know, gunpowder isn't the only flammable substance in the world.

The fact that not a single arrow hits them on several instances.

That part was actually true, that was the whole deal with their shields, that they could hide their entire body behind it.

And the fact that Bronze bladed weapons were chopping of limbs, heads and bones.

Well, they have been training to fight since they were 7, they are obviously very strong, and if you notice they always cut through the joins which was what they were trained to do, thus it was very possible and very likely that they could've dismembered someone.

I'm going to fucking rape this guy.

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 10:38:34

At 3/10/07 10:34 AM, TheZach wrote:
They weren't grenades.

What were they then?

You know, gunpowder isn't the only flammable substance in the world.

You know, gunpowder isn't used for a flammable substance, rather then being used for propulsion.

That part was actually true, that was the whole deal with their shields, that they could hide their entire body behind it.

I'm sure it was.

Well, they have been training to fight since they were 7, they are obviously very strong, and if you notice they always cut through the joins which was what they were trained to do, thus it was very possible and very likely that they could've dismembered someone.

Like I said earlier, if Bronze had the repeated ability to chop throug limbs continously, there would have been no need to have adopted Iron weapons.

The real fact is that, bronze would be severly blunted after even a couple decapatations that it would be usefull.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 10:45:24

At 3/10/07 10:39 AM, SuperDeagle wrote:
which this doesn't end saying that the Persians could of had their own form of explosive. As far as you know it's could be just powdered rice packed in to a jar.

Because packed rice would of course serve as an explosive device that could move this jars to act as frag grenades and cause massive explosions right?

Yeah I've used bronze before. And I'm still sticking with even it can cut through limbs. I never said bronze was less durable then iron. Thats just silly.
P

Because you of course have had expertise cutting moving human limbs right?

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 10:49:36

At 3/10/07 10:38 AM, MortifiedPenguins wrote:
At 3/10/07 10:34 AM, TheZach wrote: That part was actually true, that was the whole deal with their shields, that they could hide their entire body behind it.
I'm sure it was.

It was, how about you bone up on you ancient history dick nose.

Like I said earlier, if Bronze had the repeated ability to chop throug limbs continously, there would have been no need to have adopted Iron weapons.

The real fact is that, bronze would be severly blunted after even a couple decapatations that it would be usefull.

Actually bronze was stronger than Iron, the only reason Iron became popular was because the shipping of tin became limited around the continent.

Taken from Wikipedia:

"Bronze was stronger than the era's iron; quality steels were not widely available until thousands of years later, although they were produced in late Celtic oppida and in China. But the Bronze Age gave way to the Iron Age, perhaps because the shipping of tin around the Mediterranean (or from Great Britain) became more limited during the major population migrations around 1200 – 1100 BC, which dramatically limited supplies and raised prices [1]. Bronze was still used during the Iron Age, but for many purposes the weaker iron was found to be sufficiently strong."

I believe that pretty much disproves your entire argument.

I'm going to fucking rape this guy.

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 11:06:09

At 3/10/07 10:05 AM, Para-Noid wrote: That is funny my local news station was just making fun of the movie. They said it was written like a 7th graders wrote it. Dialouge made no sense either. But I haven't seen it and I want to.

How do you mean the dialogue made no sense? You just didn't understand it? That was the way people would talk back then. You never read Julius Ceasar, did you?

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 11:14:33

At 3/10/07 10:38 AM, MortifiedPenguins wrote:
They weren't grenades.
What were they then?

They were just jars filled with explosives. Just because they didn't have gunpowder doesn't mean they didn't have any substances that were very heat sensitive. You could even see the small blast radius of one of the jars exploding, so that tells you they weren't really all that powerful.

Did you miss the scene where they were heating their spear-heads and blades and hammering them sharp? The one guy used his spear to cauterize a Spartan's wound, but they definitely sharpened their weapons.

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 11:16:20

It was given 2 stars.

** / *****

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 11:19:45

We all can agree here that the movie was a man's movie. Had gore and nudit, ain't nothing better than that.

Weither you like it or not, it still will be there the next day, and the next day, and the next...

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 11:19:49

At 3/10/07 11:16 AM, Lil-Jimmy wrote: It was given 2 stars.

So... My opinion is wrong? Oh wait... That's not logical at all...

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 11:21:07

Tonight we dine in hell!

SPARTAAAAAAA!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 11:22:48

I went to see it with my friend last night, god it was awesome. It is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 11:24:26

At 3/10/07 11:16 AM, Lil-Jimmy wrote: It was given 2 stars.

** / *****

2 out of...(3,5,19) inform me.

Weither you like it or not, it still will be there the next day, and the next day, and the next...

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 11:24:48

isn't that the guy from saw 3?

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 11:27:03

At 3/10/07 11:24 AM, DarklordMike545 wrote:
** / *****
2 out of...(3,5,19) inform me.

2 out of 5. Hence the "**/*****."

At 3/10/07 11:24 AM, Dash-02 wrote: isn't that the guy from saw 3?

Which guy?

White man came... across the sea! He brought us pain... and misery!

BBS Signature

Response to 300 = Best Movie Evar 2007-03-10 11:39:54

I really hate it when people say "OMG IT WAS SOO UN-REALISTIC! THE PERSIANS DIDN'T LOOK LIKE THAT!"

STFU, it's based on a comic book, not the fucking historical even you assholes.