00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

hyperheartcom just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

There was this girl...

21,029 Views | 286 Replies

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 13:16:27

Unfortunately, being a coworker of Kelly's, not all communication could be cut, much to my dismay.
I just wanted to move away from that part of my life.
I'd made some stupid moves, a lot of mistakes, and I just wanted to be rid of the reminders.
I'd learnt my lesson.

Then, exactly one month, to the minute :P, after my 18th, there was a 'staff retreat'.
Where the staff of my work go away to some...place, sit around in circles all day, discussing how we could improve, then, that night, we get smashed.

Now, I was rather not-sober, and neither was Kelly.
Don't think we did stuff we shouldn't have, what with me having a girlfriend, all we did was speak...
In a drunken manner.

Basically, we both established that we'd both done stupid things in deciding to sleep with each other, and we'd both acted rather...idiotically over the entire matter.
That I shouldn't have told her parents what I told her, and that maybe I shouldn't have deleted her from myspace friends.
She said she wouldn't mind a friend request, as long as a few other people, like Sam and Ethan, got requests too.
Both of us seemed to resolve something.

When we both woke up (separately) (lol), we barely exchanged words or anything, so it was like last night hadn't changed that much, but I could feel that there was less spite there, and I suppose I was glad.

During that day, I'd been feeling rather excluded from everybody else. Alone, in a crowded world, and Kelly was going around with this lucky dip thing.

When the container had been empty of prizes, I made mention that she hadn't approached me with it, and she said "Oh, I was only going around to groups of people....oh, wait, that could be insulting."
Yeah.

I've considered adding her on myspace once more. It's been nearly a week since I established that I would. So far, I've only decided on 'no'.
Clearly.

But I'm glad that there's less spite. Kelly WAS, without a doubt, the best friend that I'd ever had, even though our friendship was strong for about...three-four months, it was one of the better times in my life.

Sure, the hurt and pain will be hard to forget, but the laughs and smiles will be harder.

In a blink of an eye, your life will be nothing but a memory.
Will you look back on those memories with pride, or regret?
Make the decision.
Rion

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 13:17:06

Its great you found someone of real value in the end :)

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 13:30:51

At 9/7/08 01:17 PM, SatinShadow wrote: Its great you found someone of real value in the end :)

Seconded.

You put up with a lot of bull with her and, in the end, it's better for you to have things as they are now. If Kelly can't be mature enough to have a relationship on the terms you put down, as well as hers, it's not even worth it. There's plenty of women out there that won't jump around from guy to guy like her, and you definitely made a better choice by moving away from her (for the most part) and finding someone that will make you truly happy.

This story gives me hope, thank you for taking a risk, and sharing on a site that normally ridicules such stories. That made my day.

BBS Signature

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 13:38:37

At 9/7/08 01:30 PM, NapoleanD wrote: This story gives me hope, thank you for taking a risk, and sharing on a site that normally ridicules such stories. That made my day.

And your remark made mine :D

I laugh at the first line written in this thread now.
Mwa ha ha.

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 13:39:39

At 9/7/08 01:05 PM, GIRFAN wrote: I hate you.
You're one of the bastard cock-blockers at a party.
Go kill yourself.

The world would be better if you chose the option suggested.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 13:57:17

At 9/7/08 01:39 PM, doody1 wrote:
At 9/7/08 01:05 PM, GIRFAN wrote: I hate you.
You're one of the bastard cock-blockers at a party.
Go kill yourself.
The world would be better if you chose the option suggested.

eh, looks like it's being ridiculed anywayz...
by guys that...tell me to kill myself...that like paramore...aaah...wtf? :P

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:02:33

Hah your sig is a huge link to this topic.

Very nice.

imo.

BBS Signature

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:06:51

At 9/7/08 02:02 PM, NapoleanD wrote: Hah your sig is a huge link to this topic.

Very nice.

imo.

Mwa ha ha, why yes, yes it is.

I just thought I'd share this with you.
At Amanda's 18th, I heard this song for the first time...And it was as if that instant of my life had been transformed into song form.
It became my theme for many a month.

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:11:17

You must be depressed to bring this up here.

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:17:21

At 9/7/08 02:06 PM, Rion-hunter wrote:
At 9/7/08 02:02 PM, NapoleanD wrote: Hah your sig is a huge link to this topic.

Very nice.

imo.
Mwa ha ha, why yes, yes it is.

I just thought I'd share this with you.
At Amanda's 18th, I heard this song for the first time...And it was as if that instant of my life had been transformed into song form.
It became my theme for many a month.

Heh, Mr.Brightside. I used to run to that when I was down.

I get what you took from that song though. It's brilliant.

BBS Signature

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:17:50

At 9/7/08 02:11 PM, LordSecet wrote: You must be depressed to bring this up here.

mmm, not really.
just bored.
And plus, as I established, I'm depressed somewhere, all the time :P
usually, I unleash my darkness in the form of writing...poetry, and what not.
Now that the story's ended, everybody's buggered off :P
I'll have to write the story that is 'my family and I'
to keep everybody about.
ha.

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:36:10

That truely touched me in a way no one else ever has..
You summed up so many feelings that i couldn't even if i want to, to someone i cared about.
Sure alot of people think them but to put them into words and post them on here.. Whoa..
Gusty. >.<

Final note: That was amazing.

---Seek Out The Chalky Dust Of The Love Salmon.---

Beware When Walking Through The Woods 5 Hunny Badgers Feeding On A Tree May Fall Into Your Eyes.

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:38:29

At 9/7/08 02:36 PM, Craigie wrote: That truely touched me in a way no one else ever has..
You summed up so many feelings that i couldn't even if i want to, to someone i cared about.
Sure alot of people think them but to put them into words and post them on here.. Whoa..
Gusty. >.<

Final note: That was amazing.

Hey, thanks man. that means a lot to me.
The fact that you managed to read all that's crazy.
I counted up the words, of proper posts (not including indivual replies, like this one) and it came too 10, 099.
that over NINE THOUSAAANNNNDDDD!!!!

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:39:12

Hey Rion, what's your myspace?

BBS Signature

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:42:24

You sir, have touched my heart.
I was literally on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen each time a post would end. haha
It sucks that bad stuff like that happens to good people, but I'm VERY GLAD you found someone in the end and that you appear to be quite happy with her!
:D

CASTLE CRASHERS!!

BBS Signature

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:43:24

At 9/7/08 02:39 PM, supuhfly8495 wrote: Hey Rion, what's your myspace?

aaah, www.myspace.com/rion_hunter
but I don't usually add people I don't know :P

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:46:03

That was a great read, mate. I'm glad to see everything ended up right. I remember reading a quote somewhere, I think it was on Facebook:
"Thing always have a happy ending. If it's not alright, it's not the end." Something along those lines.
Also, I remember reading you said hell's bells once. Do you read the Dresden Files?? (my favorite book series)
I'm thinking this should go into the BBS topic goldmine.

Sig by Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:50:39

At 9/7/08 02:46 PM, Guardian-Angel wrote: That was a great read, mate. I'm glad to see everything ended up right. I remember reading a quote somewhere, I think it was on Facebook:
"Thing always have a happy ending. If it's not alright, it's not the end." Something along those lines.
Also, I remember reading you said hell's bells once. Do you read the Dresden Files?? (my favorite book series)
I'm thinking this should go into the BBS topic goldmine.

Wahah, serious? :P
this thread isn't even a day old.
anyways, that's a pretty cool quote, and now, I haven't read that series. But I'll have too if it's your favourite..
Pretty sure...I've 4:50am here, and i've gone with no sleep. :P

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:54:00

I've just spent the entire early afternoon reading this, transfixed on every word, and I've come out of it in kind of a sour mood. Not particularly because of anything in the story, per se, but for this reason: I consider myself a writer as well, and for all my high-minded concepts, complex vocabulary, and sweeping "big ideas" themes, nothing I have written (yet) arrives even close at your level of talent and brilliance.

This is most certainly the best story I've ever read on the BBS, possibly among the best stories, text or Flash, I've ever seen on NG, period. It inspires me both as a writer (the bits and pieces of conversations across all kinds of 21st century communication methods is the kind of thing that's going to define our generation of writers, because it's the kind of thing that defines our generation) and as a person. Bravo, magnificent, emotional, captivating work. Three thumbs up.

And on top of all that, it's real (presumably), which reminds me to say: good luck. May you have keener eyes in the future for telling the difference between women and succubi.

P.S. I apologize, but I can't help but find your recounting of drunkenly telling the girl's parents about her sexual exploits to be hilarious. But then again, I'm sure you will, too, some day.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 14:59:03

At 9/7/08 02:54 PM, Dr-Worm wrote:
P.S. I apologize, but I can't help but find your recounting of drunkenly telling the girl's parents about her sexual exploits to be hilarious. But then again, I'm sure you will, too, some day.

:O thanks for the absolutely awesome comment.
Yes, every word is true, btw.
Thanks for spending so much of your time reading about a guy you've never heard of before. and will never hear of again....maybe. :P
and as for me talking to Kelly's parents about her sexual exploits....pretty sure, I haven't stopped laughing.

Thanks for one awesome review.
Rion

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 15:44:53

Absolutely fantastic mate.

I'm kind of in an emotional limbo right now with this girl..and reading this kind of put it all in perspective. Cheers mate, made my night.

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 15:55:51

Your writing style is atrocious. You have almost no concept of grammar and there is a sever lack of flow in your writing. It sounds like William Schatner is telling your story.

For fucks sake, read a book or something. At least try to learn how to write properly before attempt to write another story.

BBS Signature

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 16:05:41

At 9/7/08 03:55 PM, Twerpo wrote: Your writing style is atrocious. You have almost no concept of grammar and there is a sever lack of flow in your writing. It sounds like William Schatner is telling your story.

For fucks sake, read a book or something. At least try to learn how to write properly before attempt to write another story.

Honestly mate, no one actually gives a shit because it's the content that makes this story. Judging people on their grammar is fucking idiotic.

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 16:06:59

At 9/7/08 08:12 AM, dreaming-loudly wrote: so you're attempt at forming a stable relationship failed and you went on NG to tell everybody , wow you don't see this very often

Let's all use the exasperated face to express our exasperation.

n/a

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 16:28:10

At 9/7/08 04:05 PM, Git wrote:
At 9/7/08 03:55 PM, Twerpo wrote: Your writing style is atrocious. You have almost no concept of grammar and there is a sever lack of flow in your writing. It sounds like William Schatner is telling your story.

Honestly mate, no one actually gives a shit because it's the content that makes this story. Judging people on their grammar is fucking idiotic.

Wrong. One can clearly tell the intellegence of someone based upon their writing. It is not only what you mean to say, but the way you say them that makes a story. Grammar, syntax, writing style, it's not all superflurious. The point of such things is to make it easier for the reader. It allows you to indicate tone and mood. The correct use of punctuation can allow you to create pauses in the sentence, giving it a certain feel. One can also introduce repetetiveness, which can drive a point home or give the reader that the mind of the writer, or whoever is talking, is racing.

Content is not the sole measure of writing. Though I agree that this story in itself is good, and would love to read about it otherwise, the writing isn't. The writing detracts from the content of the story. It's just too broken up, and I find that I'm forcing myself to read it. I shouldn't have to. If I start to get tired of reading the story, it is not my fault. It is not my job, as a reader to maintain interest in a piece of writing. It is the author's job. A good writing style is the leading factor to what makes a good story. If you can draw people in and pace your words correctly, it doesn't matter what you're saying. Some of the best pieces of literature have been written about nonesense, but told beautifully. The content is important, but no where near as important as how it is told.

BBS Signature

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 16:33:01

At 9/7/08 04:28 PM, Twerpo wrote: buncha stuff

What you have to realize, though, is that this isn't a book. It's the BBS, which is informal and conversational in nature. While I agree with you that his grammar and flow (not to mention a couple instances of misused words) can certainly use some fixing up, I didn't find them to be "atrocious" at all, and certainly not distracting enough to detract from the story, which at its heart is completely captivating. Especially because I'm used to reading that kind of rushed style on the BBS. If he were publish it as a short story or something, then yeah, I'd recommend some heavy editing. But for the BBS, I think its perfectly appropriate.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 16:39:06

Great story :D

drama =3

Hi.

BBS Signature

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 16:41:36

Wow, what an episode in your life that was. Probably the best thing I've ever read on here.

P.S. I'm liking that song on your MySpace

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 16:44:56

I think this was the most touching thing I've ever read on a forum. This story was truly amazing. So, how are things holdin' up for you know?

Response to There was this girl... 2008-09-07 16:53:23

Well there isnt much I can say now, it seems that you revealed that this is in fact not as recent as I thought, and it is good that you moved on. I am happy that you have found another in your life, though your family issues still kinda lack, but then again, its a start.

Good for you, and enjoy your day, thank you for the read.

And to the person above who seems to be a well-informed troll, stop, he isnt by any means a writer, hes 18 now. Personally, I am impressed that Rion managed to keep his tale of woe and friendship interesting as opposed to other things on the General Forum.

Truly Rion, great job.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature