00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bitommy762 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage

23,522 Views | 167 Replies

Jesus Christ, people. Look at this thing that was hanging in a tree ten fucking feet away from our front door.

This wasn't here a week ago. In fact, I don't think it was even here a few days ago. Otherwise I probably would have been owned by this thing when I mowed the lawn. It was low-hanging, only about four feet above the grass.

It's a nest full of bald-faced hornets. My father was stung around 16 times by them while doing yard work about a week ago. We figured that they were underneath our front sidewalk since he saw them coming out of the ground. They probably moved to the tree nearby after we sprayed insecticide all over the place.

We sprayed the nest last night when all the bees should have been inside. I'll show you a handful of crazy-ass pictures. I'll tell you how many bodies I counted once I post all the images.

We begin with the nest as of yesterday shortly after its discovery. The wasps you see on it are alive and well, probably continuously making this monstrosity larger.

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:36:33

That is AWESOME....

Go kick it around your lawn for a while!

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:37:28

It looks like a giant tree tumour of doom

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:37:53

I'm scared by wasps, bees or anything that makes a loud buzzing noise. I hope i won't get nightmares.

HTML you may use <a> link

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:38:46

That looks beautiful but I wouldn't want it in my garden. Still looks nice though, I lik nature.

qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:39:12

Im allergic

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:40:05

That thing is huge! You have to wonder how many are in there.

Guaranteed not to disappoint.

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:41:08

That's insane. You should set it a flame.

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:41:14

We let this thing sit for a large part of today before even coming near it. I got out a large pair of clippers and started to remove the nest. I could see that the entrance to the nest was completely stuffed with dead bees. A half dozen dead bees would fall out at the slightest jostle.

Here it is laying on our sidewalk immediately after removal from the tree. I had to make four or five cuts just to get the thing off. You can see how they build the thing around several branches of the tree.

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:43:31

Wow. It's like something out of the beginning of a horror movie except you got the sucker down early before they could spread. FFS, that thing is gigantic.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:43:47

Ehm... why don't you just set it on fire already???

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:43:52

thats scary :'(

Hi.

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:44:53

Here is a closeup of the nest before I started to open it.

The paper is actually pretty damn cool. You can see how it's a composite of all the varieties of wood the wasps used to build it. You can also see a larvae that has fallen down as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:45:44

At 7/27/08 04:41 PM, RageVI wrote: We let this thing sit for a large part of today before even coming near it. I got out a large pair of clippers and started to remove the nest. I could see that the entrance to the nest was completely stuffed with dead bees. A half dozen dead bees would fall out at the slightest jostle.

Here it is laying on our sidewalk immediately after removal from the tree. I had to make four or five cuts just to get the thing off. You can see how they build the thing around several branches of the tree.

That's pretty cool to find that big of a nest, guess you showed them not to mess around (live) at your house, huh? From this picture. It looks like a head with an afro, look really hard.

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:45:45

At 7/27/08 04:35 PM, RageVI wrote: We figured that they were underneath our front sidewalk since he saw them coming out of the ground.

zomBEES!

...also, TL;DR.

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:47:00

At 7/27/08 04:44 PM, RageVI wrote: Here is a closeup of the nest before I started to open it.

The paper is actually pretty damn cool. You can see how it's a composite of all the varieties of wood the wasps used to build it. You can also see a larvae that has fallen down as well.

That is still fucking awesome. I wouldn't have got that close. I would have called someone or just set light to it. I wouldn't get that close unless the wasps weren't alive.

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:47:07

Set it on fire.

PM me if you think I am good at MS paint. PMs: 9 Newest By:

darkspartan000 Siggy, made by ME :3

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:47:13

At 7/27/08 04:43 PM, jakobhummelen wrote: Ehm... why don't you just set it on fire already???

that's stupid. They would fly out and sting the shit out of you. And you could die, I mean, there must be like 10,000 wasps in there. So yeah, not a good idea.

or atleast I don't think so.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:48:33

Here is a closeup of a piece of paper I tore from the nest. Sorry, people, but I think it's pretty damn cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:48:40

Holy fuck that creeps me out.

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:49:18

At 7/27/08 04:48 PM, RageVI wrote: Here is a closeup of a piece of paper I tore from the nest. Sorry, people, but I think it's pretty damn cool.

That is pretty damn cool, I assume the wasps were dead by now then?

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:50:51

That is quite the bees nest. I can't wait to see more pictures of that!

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:52:08

Cool!

Hope to see more pics!

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:52:23

Throw down some cloth on the nest drenched with gas or something and you'll be fine.. (can't hurt to run inside though :P)

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:53:28

I feel like I got bugs crawling over me now.

THANKS A BUNCH.

still awesome pics.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:53:39

At 7/27/08 04:49 PM, solardave wrote:
That is pretty damn cool, I assume the wasps were dead by now then?

Of course. It's the only reason why I'm probably not at the hospital right now.

Here's a closeup of when I started to peel away more of the nest paper. This thing was just bursting at the seams with dead wasps. I felt like at any second this thing would just explode with them.

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:54:08

I wanna see dead bees and you buring the nest damn it!

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:56:00

At 7/27/08 04:54 PM, ShadowWest2k7 wrote: I wanna see dead bees and you buring the nest damn it!

*burning

apologies for double post

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:58:20

How big would you say were the Hornets?

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Front lawn. Huge wasp nest. Carnage 2008-07-27 16:58:49

At 7/27/08 04:56 PM, ShadowWest2k7 wrote:
At 7/27/08 04:54 PM, ShadowWest2k7 wrote: I wanna see dead bees and you buring the nest damn it!
*burning

apologies for double post

pointless double post to fix a spelling error. I assume most people will know what you're meaning to say.

And holy fuck, I wouldn't want to go near that thing. You're awfully brave Rage.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature