00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BloodLordAngelo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

<x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x>

27,741 Views | 487 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 01:51:47

At 7/17/08 01:47 AM, Zerok wrote: I have 4 open slots for invites, so pile 'em on if you please.

It may say your limit is ten, but since you're not a subscriber....you're limited to 6

Member of the Newgrounds Chess Club W - 10 / L - 3 / D - 2

Compliments to Mr. Congeniality on the sig. =D

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 01:57:15

At 7/17/08 01:51 AM, CrUiZ3R wrote: It may say your limit is ten, but since you're not a subscriber....you're limited to 6

That's not true, I just changed it to 15 under My Settings > My Challenges.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 02:08:07

At 7/17/08 01:57 AM, Zerok wrote:
At 7/17/08 01:51 AM, CrUiZ3R wrote: It may say your limit is ten, but since you're not a subscriber....you're limited to 6
That's not true, I just changed it to 15 under My Settings > My Challenges.

Quote from RHP site when I tried to verse someone:

Maximum concurrent game limit reached.

Sorry, you are currently playing the maximum available concurrent games.

Due to a huge increase in activity on the 'Red Hot Pawn' site, we have regrettably had to limit the number of concurrent active games for non-subscribers to 6.

I enter 15, 20 even 50 but still only 6 max.

Member of the Newgrounds Chess Club W - 10 / L - 3 / D - 2

Compliments to Mr. Congeniality on the sig. =D

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 02:09:13

At 7/17/08 01:57 AM, Zerok wrote: That's not true, I just changed it to 15 under My Settings > My Challenges.

Due to a huge increase in activity on the 'Red Hot Pawn' site, we have regrettably had to limit the number of concurrent active games for non-subscribers to 6.

... Bloody hell, how cruel.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 02:32:52

Ah, good times, good times.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 02:59:58

Jew, if I had to chose between yahoo and pogo I would chose pogo anyday.

Stats as of last update:

Wins 7
Losses 12
Draws 4

Stats as of now with my latest matchs with tech, Cruiz and ralph.

Wins 10
Losses 15
Draws 4.

One day i'll have twice as many wins as I have losses, mark my words!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 03:16:16

no one's challnged me yet...

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 03:17:22

At 7/17/08 03:16 AM, MissingNYC wrote: no one's challnged me yet...

I SIR, CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL.

Only on pogo though, i'm not going to yahoo or RHP.

Meet me in bluenile.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 03:43:43

At 7/17/08 02:59 AM, smc316 wrote: Stats as of now with my latest matchs with tech, Cruiz and ralph.

I think you were talking about me. Well, my true name is exposed.

My records as of this time:

Wins: 7
Losses: 1 (by smc316 because I ran out of time)
Draws: 0

That's all for now.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 04:12:13

At 7/17/08 03:43 AM, youngblood26 wrote: I think you were talking about me. Well, my true name is exposed.

You too.

I forgot about you.

hehe time is all part of the strategy. Normally I would have resigned in that battle long before the time it ended.

But I saw you had 2 minutes left as I had 6 so I wanted to drag it out.

In the ends I won with one pawn and my king, you had half your army left.

Speaking of chess(lol), I just got back from playing two games with Tech and one game with the computer.

Won both times againest tech, and I even won the game againest the computer!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 04:17:30

At 7/17/08 04:12 AM, smc316 wrote:
At 7/17/08 03:43 AM, youngblood26 wrote: I think you were talking about me. Well, my true name is exposed.
You too.

I forgot about you.

hehe time is all part of the strategy. Normally I would have resigned in that battle long before the time it ended.

But I saw you had 2 minutes left as I had 6 so I wanted to drag it out.

In the ends I won with one pawn and my king, you had half your army left.

That's why I am wondering you're moves are so fast and you don't even think for a sec or two.
Well, I was leading but you're lucky on that one. Next time, I will set up the table and I will make the time long.

Speaking of chess(lol), I just got back from playing two games with Tech and one game with the computer.

Won both times againest tech, and I even won the game againest the computer!

Well, I did see those two matches and I dunno if it is serious or just for fun. Nah.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 04:26:13

At 7/17/08 04:17 AM, youngblood26 wrote: That's why I am wondering you're moves are so fast and you don't even think for a sec or two.

That is why I am wondering you are moves are so fast and you do not even think for a sec or two.

Was that a question or what? Lmao

I do think shitloads in chess though. I spend around 80% of my thinking time thinking during the other players turn.

Unless there isn't a time limit, which I take my time.

Well, I was leading but you're lucky on that one. Next time, I will set up the table and I will make the time long.

It was a 20 minute table, its not my fault if it takes you more than 20 minutes to defeat me.

Well, I did see those two matches and I dunno if it is serious or just for fun. Nah.

I don't know if the computer game counts or not, but i'm sure every game againest another nger counts.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 04:32:58

At 7/17/08 04:26 AM, smc316 wrote:
At 7/17/08 04:17 AM, youngblood26 wrote: That's why I am wondering you're moves are so fast and you don't even think for a sec or two.
That is why I am wondering you are moves are so fast and you do not even think for a sec or two.

Was that a question or what? Lmao

Clearly, it is a sentence.

lol

I do think shitloads in chess though. I spend around 80% of my thinking time thinking during the other players turn.

Unless there isn't a time limit, which I take my time.

Well, in a chess game, I don't like the time to be infinite but when it has time (especially 5 minutes), I don't like it either because you can't think what moves I am trying to demonstrate.

It was a 20 minute table, its not my fault if it takes you more than 20 minutes to defeat me.

Well, it regained my experience somehow.

I don't know if the computer game counts or not, but i'm sure every game againest another nger counts.

I guess that counts.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 04:35:37

I'm chillin here ATM not doing anything, Zerok, if I don't want to register for the tourney, can I help set up the brackets and player lists and such. Help you organize the tournament, I mean, that's in case I don't feel like playing a tournament.

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 05:24:26

Well, I am kinda interested in joining the tourney.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 08:28:28

At 7/17/08 03:16 AM, MissingNYC wrote: no one's challnged me yet...

Toss me one on RHP.
Or, I'll be off work in about 10 hours time, after which I'll have a bit of the evening to poke around on Pogo.

At 7/17/08 04:26 AM, smc316 wrote: I don't know if the computer game counts or not, but i'm sure every game againest another nger counts.

Counts towards what? The only games I'm going to count towards in-club standings are tourney games and possibly our own brand of rated games carried out on RHP (I have to develop the idea first). As for your own exhibition stats, those are only maintained by you, and like I said, try not be posting them every time you post here (keep them in your sig, preferably).

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 08:45:25

At 7/16/08 01:00 PM, Racoonmario wrote: This fucking shit isn't working for me. I have a pop-up blocker and pressing buttons don't make a bit of difference.
Turn your pop up blocker off.

And/or press Ctrl + Alt at the same time whenever you press play, watch, leave and hold down for a bit.

Pressing buttons don't make a difference, but I just made a few pop-up blocker adjustments.
Is it normal that it shows a blank white window when the game pops up?

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 11:37:10

I'm up for a challenge if somebody's up to it right now.

And here would be my two cents on how the tourney should go down.

Zerok wrote..

Registration Duration/Cap: How long do we want to keep registration open for? OR do we want, say, a 16 person cap? 20? As many as we can get in X days? I'll initially throw this out: Three Day duration and 16 person cap, whichever comes first.

I'd say to base it upon the rate of registration. If we get 10 people in the first day, then give it 3 days/32 people, if it's more like 3, then go 16 and a week.

Tournament Duration: How long should it last, and how much leeway do we give for games? We should establish a MAX leeway, so people who know they wont be able to tango for X days will know to avoid registration. I think a week would be a good max, though it's entirely possible that we'd bang it off in a day or two. The week gives people freedom and breathing room. Also, quarter final / semi final extensions can be made, unless you'd prefer a stricter setup.

Once you get your matchup, you have 3 days to show that you're making an attempt to reschedule it. If both parties are trying to find a good time/place to get it going, then they get 1 - 1 1/2 weeks to find a time before their game is voided and the tournament moves onward without them.

Gameplay rules: We need to agree upon and adhere to settings in the actual game, such as:
Timer clocks: Yes/No ---> if yes, how long?

I'm not picky, but at least 10 minutes if yes, although I would prefer no clocks.

Black or White: Random, or preassigned, or swapping, or what?

Random

Timeouts: If someone has a computer mishap, is it a auto-loss? Do we take a screenie of the board/email move history and recreate the game?

I'd say screenshot and they have 24 hours to resume, in case there was a power outage or some unforseen circumstance that won't allow them to reconnect right away.

Draws: Is a draw a rematch? Or will a forced stalemate (i.e. the losing player manages to trick the other into a draw) count as a WIN (I personally like this idea)?

I'd say a forced stalemate should be a win for the guy who forced it. It's no easy task and should be rewarded.

Audience: Do we disallow audience hints? Agree upon NO AUDIENCE or MUTED AUDIENCE or UP TO THE PLAYERS?

I'd like to have an audience but no mute because it would make it funner for me if I saw people rooting from the sidelines, lol. But we should establish a rule that if an audience member makes a clear and blatant attempt to interfere with somebody's playing in either a beneficial or negative way, they are on a ban of at least 6 months from watching or participating in any chess club events, and the game is null.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 14:52:47

I didn't miss anything in the tourney did I?

Cause I overslept. XD

If anyone is interested in a game, i'll be on pogo in about an hour and a half(Assuming the toruney hasn't started yet.)

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 18:09:03

At 7/17/08 04:57 PM, TECh2o wrote: If anyone wants to play, I'm in Blue Nile now.

Are you still there? If so i'm playing you.

If not, i'll be in Blue Nile myself waiting for an adversary.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 19:41:04

My RHP is full. :P

But I'll be poking around on pogo tonight.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 20:25:24

Eh, Colbert Report is coming on, so I'll be another 40 or so.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 22:01:36

I'm up for a game right now if anyone not amazingly good wants to play.
Send me a PM, I'll probably be in general.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 22:05:45

At 7/17/08 10:01 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: I'm up for a game right now if anyone not amazingly good wants to play.

I'll play you have pogo?

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 22:06:42

At 7/17/08 10:05 PM, aquaticmole wrote:
At 7/17/08 10:01 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: I'm up for a game right now if anyone not amazingly good wants to play.
I'll play you have pogo?

Yup

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 22:08:54

At 7/17/08 10:06 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 7/17/08 10:05 PM, aquaticmole wrote:
I'll play you have pogo?
Yup

meet in my server (Beginner Blue Nile)

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 22:33:36

I can't believe I won lmao, just after I lost my queen too.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 22:34:17

Hey guys.

I'm gonna be gone for a couple of days, click the link to my newest news post in my sig for the info.

Thanks.

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 22:48:08

At 7/17/08 10:33 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: I can't believe I won lmao, just after I lost my queen too.

don't rub it in...

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to <x> Newgrounds Chess Club V2.0 <x> 2008-07-17 23:22:56

Almost had you Shawty, vengeance will be mine one day.....