00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Robnghost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Territory War Online Beta

22,478 Views | 155 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:02:26

Well, it's finally here. Territory WAR online is nearing the finish point. But I need to put it through a good beta first. I've tested tirelessly along the way (and with a few friends), but there's only so much I can do for my own game. It's time to make it a bit more public and let you all tear it apart.

First things first- as stated in preloader, please do NOT spread the link and/or login for this game needlessly. This is not the final game, and the final game will NOT reside in this location. I realize I'm posting in a public forum, but I'm asking you to keep it on the down-low a little bit. If you have a friend that really wants to play then let them, but don't go spamming the link on messenger or IM for no reason.

Feel free to explore and test out any area of the game- online play, offline, challenge mode. It's all fair game. The online component needs the most attention though, as it is the selling point of the game. Also, if you have any experience with hacking flash games, in ANY form, please try your best to get through my defenses. There *are* some known holes right now though, so don't get too excited if you manage to mangle the stats system.

game location:
http://www.afro-ninja.com/TW/TWO.html

login:
user: twobeta
pass: manticora54

this is only the login to access the actual game file, you will still need to sign up for an account in-game to play online

I think that covers it for now... thank you, and have fun!

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:04:03

Sweet, cant wait to play!

Ryan - If homework is work then how come I dont get paid?

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:06:02

Sweet, I am playing it right now!

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:06:07

Hmm, i tried playing it so i could test it for you. But when i login the box comes up again and again. The password/username is right. I cant log in :(

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:06:10

Sweet, i'm goin now!

I LIEK EESTAH - Easter Collab '09

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:14:03

1 PERSON IN THE LOBBY IS NOT FUN D:

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:14:48

im in! lol im playing McZero. BRING IT ON!!

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:16:13

Hell yeah I can't wait

"We'll never die alone...Juggalos will carry on...Swing our hatchets if we must...Each and every one of us....

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:17:30

OMG OMG AFRO-NINJA IS MY HERO!

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:19:31

found a "bug"?
when the text bar is selected you cant move, etc...
is this purposeful?

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:22:14

At 4/15/08 04:19 PM, TheEmoKiller wrote: found a "bug"?
is this purposeful?

for the in-game chat? just use esc to cancel it or type a blank message and press enter

the game uses keyboard input to function, so it's essentially frozen when you type a message, so that the two don't mix

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:23:27

Awesome!

I wish I could've tested it today, but my damn college doesn't allow it :(

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:25:37

After completing a game and returning to the lobby, I was listed twice on the users list. Other than that it was all good.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:25:58

At 4/15/08 04:22 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
At 4/15/08 04:19 PM, TheEmoKiller wrote: found a "bug"?
is this purposeful?
for the in-game chat? just use esc to cancel it or type a blank message and press enter

the game uses keyboard input to function, so it's essentially frozen when you type a message, so that the two don't mix

I was thinking that...
Here are some other things though, cause you posted this for criticism not for people to say "its super awesome dude"
-when i type my name is coming up as null
-it says I have left the room but i am walking around and the game is working perfectly

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:31:45

Alright, i was playing and here are some things

When online...

1. no time limit on opponents go
2. When watching opponent movement bugs. A bit glitchy, like they appear in different place and randomly move about.
3. Sometimes you can manage to move a bit further than the max range. And sometime it doesn't go down when you want to move back.
4. No headshots when you hit their head.
5. When i got half way though the map, i couldnt walk any further, yet my opponent could.

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:32:40

HMM I HEARD IT WASNT THAT GOOD.

Please no one judge the castle level graphics until it's completed, haha :(

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:33:24

The rifle dosn't do headshots, and when I shoot the head sometimes it does more damage sometimes it does barley any. T

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:35:38

At 4/15/08 04:32 PM, The-Swain wrote: HMM I HEARD IT WASNT THAT GOOD.

Please no one judge the castle level graphics until it's completed, haha :(

I am so TOTALLY going to fuckin' judge it >8(

But seriously, I'd update, and immediately play that level to see if it was also updated.

I frowned each time :(

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:36:58

At 4/15/08 04:33 PM, McZero wrote: The rifle dosn't do headshots

It did for me. Well some of the time. I forgot to mention that I found the headshots to be hit and miss. I ended up headshot-ing one of my own men. =(

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:39:19

wow that's fun =D you should put in some camera controls though, maybe using the J,K,L,I keys

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:40:25

At 4/15/08 04:31 PM, Ryan094 wrote: 1. no time limit on opponents go

they still have a time limit you just don't see it

2. When watching opponent movement bugs. A bit glitchy, like they appear in different place and randomly move about.

partially due to lag, but also due to a low-bandwidth movement system. it keeps the server traffic down

3. Sometimes you can manage to move a bit further than the max range. And sometime it doesn't go down when you want to move back.

It's based on absolute starting position, so yes it's possible to mess with it a little. If it's not going down then it's because your vertical distance changed as well. It's mainly just in place to ensure that you can't walk from one end of the board to the other

headshots always do 50% damage (they can be touchy, you'll get used to it) So if you do a headshot when under 50 damage, you'll get the headshot animation

5. When i got half way though the map, i couldnt walk any further, yet my opponent could.

it's all based on your original starting positions

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:40:52

At 4/15/08 04:31 PM, Ryan094 wrote: Alright, i was playing and here are some things

When online...

1. no time limit on opponents go

That can be set before the beginning of the match. You can have it be unlimited or change it to a set time.

To the actual player whos turn it is, everything is moving smoothly. It updates differently for the other player, so it seems laggy, but the end result is the same.

If you started at the top of a map (say the castle map) and fell down, you might not be able to move after going a certain distance. If you jump, you'll be getting closer to where you were, so you'll move farther.

Not sure what you mean. I've never had problems with that. When I get home, I'll have to test it out.

Again, not sure what you mean. It's all dependent on where you start and where you end. It's not measured by how many steps you make, but how far away you are from your last starting point.

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:42:27

At 4/15/08 04:25 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: After completing a game and returning to the lobby, I was listed twice on the users list. Other than that it was all good.

odd.. I'll definitely have to look into this

-when i type my name is coming up as null
-it says I have left the room but i am walking around and the game is working perfectly

the null name problem is something I thought I fixed, but I'll have to look into it more. When did it say you left the room? are you sure your opponent didn't leave?

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:42:47

I accidentally clicked one of your ads and then I lost! Please open in another tab!

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:47:05

Also, someone had -1 losses.

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:47:09

At 4/15/08 04:42 PM, McZero wrote: I accidentally clicked one of your ads and then I lost! Please open in another tab!

huh? there are no ads on that page.. and the in-game ad doesn't appear until the match is over.

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:52:55

This looks fucking awesome. I want to play it now. The graphics look amazing. HOLY SHIT

[As Main][The Zelda Collab]

I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Shit)

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:56:24

At 4/15/08 04:47 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
At 4/15/08 04:42 PM, McZero wrote: I accidentally clicked one of your ads and then I lost! Please open in another tab!
huh? there are no ads on that page.. and the in-game ad doesn't appear until the match is over.

Well I went to your website when I clicked soemthing

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 16:59:27

At 4/15/08 04:56 PM, McZero wrote: Well I went to your website when I clicked soemthing

oh, hrm. all links should be set to open in new windows... although some browsers don't abide by this all the time. I'll look into it

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-15 17:00:03

3 people in room:
You already have a challenge pending with KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke has too many pending challenges. Try again later
He was active.