00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

asieks084 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Territory War Online Beta

22,393 Views | 155 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-16 23:57:24

I played against someone and he said the game is stuck on one of my characters, Boris. On my screen it said it was his turn, so no one was able to move.

Second game I played, Boris fell out of the screen from pushback and died when there was clearly enough ground to walk on. I guess it's because his speed per frame was bigger than the amount of ground there was left. Maybe it would be possible to have higher fps so you can reduce the movement speeds?

Also, the grenade challenges were ridiculousely harder than the rifle ones. I got gold in all the rifle challenges in a few minutes but got stuck on first grenade challenge with silver.

Apart from that it was very fun :) good job

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 00:05:43

There was one case i saw that one of my characters was hit by the missile and then popped back to were it spawned, full health and all, I can't re-attempt this so, I am not sure what it is.

NEVR delete my posts. ( i made a funny)

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 00:37:20

At 4/16/08 11:57 PM, Toast wrote: I played against someone and he said the game is stuck on one of my characters, Boris. On my screen it said it was his turn, so no one was able to move.

noted

Maybe it would be possible to have higher fps so you can reduce the movement speeds?

I've already tried to fix this a few times.. what level were you playing on

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 00:38:18

At 4/17/08 12:05 AM, 0gg-the-Gnome wrote: There was one case i saw that one of my characters was hit by the missile and then popped back to were it spawned, full health and all, I can't re-attempt this so, I am not sure what it is.

there might have been a discrepancy of where the missile actually went between the two games, so it would have updated to reflect the missile on your opponent's end

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 01:59:30

At 4/16/08 11:57 PM, Toast wrote: Second game I played, Boris fell out of the screen from pushback and died when there was clearly enough ground to walk on.

actually hold up, what do you mean by 'pushback'

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 02:22:09

At 4/16/08 03:26 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
hmm..just to make sure, remove the www part from the address if it's there. that causes domain policy problems sometimes

i tried that, but it came up with the same message then i cleared my cache and it still didn't work.

" Bubble! " - Blockhead, Episode 7

'Awesomeness, for thy name is Jesus' ...I don't get it either...

Proud member of the NGDD

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 02:22:24

This is great, but no one is ever on!

I LIEK EESTAH - Easter Collab '09

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 08:03:46

This isn't really a glitch but the jumping is extremely hard. Sometimes when you press it, it doesn't actually jump, other times it jumps a while after you press up. It gets hard when you want to jump over a big hole.

Ryan - If homework is work then how come I dont get paid?

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 08:30:38

One big annoyance:

When the movement meter is almost full, you jump over a gap and suddenly you can't go forward and plummet into the hole. It's rather annoying. My suggestion is to not allow doing the jump if you obviously can't make it anyway.

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown

[ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 08:43:43

At 4/17/08 08:03 AM, Ryan094 wrote: This isn't really a glitch but the jumping is extremely hard. Sometimes when you press it, it doesn't actually jump, other times it jumps a while after you press up. It gets hard when you want to jump over a big hole.

I haven't had that problem...

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 12:16:15

2 things.

My stats keep reseting back to 0 every time i log back in, and i don't know hot to make it show the time limit on the opponents turn.

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 14:18:13

At 4/17/08 08:30 AM, elbekko wrote: One big annoyance:

When the movement meter is almost full, you jump over a gap and suddenly you can't go forward and plummet into the hole. It's rather annoying. My suggestion is to not allow doing the jump if you obviously can't make it anyway.

you could look at your meter and judge for yourself =D

thats exactly what i do

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 14:54:24

At 4/17/08 12:16 PM, Ryan094 wrote: 2 things.

My stats keep reseting back to 0 every time i log back in, and i don't know hot to make it show the time limit on the opponents turn.

you can't see your opponent's time limit. do you really need to?
stats shouldn't be resetting... what's your in-game username?

as for the distance meter, I couldn't 'not' allow the jump, because I wouldn't know if they're jumping backwards or forwards. Even if they do jump forwards, it might be over solid ground and they're just trying to get the most out of their meter, so I would have to try and figure out if they're over a hole as well : /

as for the jumping over holes, I know it can be touchy sometimes- just press the jump button first to make sure you jump, then maneuver

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 16:02:07

Can you reset stats now? 4 of my losses were due to idiots quiting when it said "do not close this window"

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 16:26:44

At 4/17/08 04:02 PM, McZero wrote: Can you reset stats now? 4 of my losses were due to idiots quiting when it said "do not close this window"

contrary to what that message said, it shouldn't actually subtract a loss when the other player quits before you

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 17:39:34

At 4/17/08 04:26 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
At 4/17/08 04:02 PM, McZero wrote: Can you reset stats now? 4 of my losses were due to idiots quiting when it said "do not close this window"
contrary to what that message said, it shouldn't actually subtract a loss when the other player quits before you

I guess that's another bug then. Ok as for your question my username on the game is Ryan0947. And ive won loads yet my stats say 0 wins and 0 losses.

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 17:53:34

At 4/17/08 01:59 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: actually hold up, what do you mean by 'pushback'

when a grenade lands next to you, and you get 'pushed' back? :P It's not a big problem though, I just thought I might have positioned my player differently if i knew he could fall through the very not thick peice of ground that was left (due to the explosion of an earlier grenade)

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 18:02:27

At 4/17/08 05:39 PM, Ryan094 wrote: I guess that's another bug then. Ok as for your question my username on the game is Ryan0947. And ive won loads yet my stats say 0 wins and 0 losses.

when someone leaves your game it doesn't count as a win for you, just a loss for them. So if you played four matches and four people left on you, your record would still be 0-0

is this maybe what happened?

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 18:07:38

At 4/17/08 05:53 PM, Toast wrote:
At 4/17/08 01:59 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: actually hold up, what do you mean by 'pushback'
when a grenade lands next to you, and you get 'pushed' back? :P It's not a big problem though, I just thought I might have positioned my player differently if i knew he could fall through the very not thick peice of ground that was left (due to the explosion of an earlier grenade)

hmm.. that's hard to say without a screenshot of what the ground looked like
if there was even a tiny gap in the ground, it's possible your character could have slipped through. are we talking about something like this? or was there clearly more ground below

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 19:48:25

you should get some sort of trophy or award when you use the sniper on someones dick.

thats what i think.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 22:34:30

At 4/17/08 07:48 PM, Luis wrote: you should get some sort of trophy or award when you use the sniper on someones dick.

thats what i think.

well first he would actualy have to draw dicks on them and then the game would be rated mature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-17 22:37:42

At 4/17/08 10:32 PM, zrb wrote: Hmm, everytime i play, I see the oppenents enemy fall off then 2 seconds later he appears somewhere else. Well the opponent always "poofs" and it looks really choppy because of the huge distance. Also I can never make a brick wall or platform, I tried every game.

that's just due to lag, or rather, the limited updates that are sent to update player positions. everything still syncs up correctly though

to use walls and platforms, build them with 'a', not mouse click

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-18 00:03:53

At 4/17/08 06:07 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote

hmm.. that's hard to say without a screenshot of what the ground looked like
if there was even a tiny gap in the ground, it's possible your character could have slipped through. are we talking about something like this? or was there clearly more ground below

I could clearly see some ground left although it wasn't much. like this

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-18 05:00:26

At 4/17/08 06:02 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
At 4/17/08 05:39 PM, Ryan094 wrote: I guess that's another bug then. Ok as for your question my username on the game is Ryan0947. And ive won loads yet my stats say 0 wins and 0 losses.
when someone leaves your game it doesn't count as a win for you, just a loss for them. So if you played four matches and four people left on you, your record would still be 0-0

is this maybe what happened?

No, because I won games normally and when i check out my stats in the lobby it says something like

Wins - 2 Losses - 1

But if i log out and then log back in, they both go back to 0

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-18 09:21:08

I cant get in a battle because no-ones on! WAAA HA HAA! But it looks great!

god

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-18 12:47:59

Its annoying now. I have no stats to show, 0 - 0 yet everyone else has, my stats keep going back to 0.

Also if i click on a name in the lobby, i cant chat. I click the text box but i cant do anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-18 14:53:57

At 4/18/08 12:47 PM, Ryan094 wrote: Its annoying now. I have no stats to show, 0 - 0 yet everyone else has, my stats keep going back to 0.

Also if i click on a name in the lobby, i cant chat. I click the text box but i cant do anything.

what browser are you using

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-18 15:16:14

At 4/18/08 02:53 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
At 4/18/08 12:47 PM, Ryan094 wrote: Its annoying now. I have no stats to show, 0 - 0 yet everyone else has, my stats keep going back to 0.

Mozilla Firefox

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-18 16:08:38

At 4/18/08 03:16 PM, Ryan094 wrote:
At 4/18/08 02:53 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:

Mozilla Firefox

hm. you're the only person I've encountered so far that keeps getting their stats reset... anything else special about you or your account that would be different from other players? (that you know of?)

BBS Signature

Response to Territory War Online Beta 2008-04-18 16:12:38

BBS Signature