00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ironelmerfudd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Screenshot archive

145,242 Views | 1,736 Replies

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-02 00:48:24

Let's please try not to turn this thread into a "<user> @ <stat milestone>" archive. There have been a few in the past but I think from now on we could probably do without them.

So yeah, don't post them from now on or I'll probably just delete them. And I don't like deleting posts in here. :(

/quasi-intimidating mod talk

<3

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-02 08:26:25

At 8/2/09 12:48 AM, NEVR wrote: Let's please try not to turn this thread into a "<user> @ <stat milestone>" archive. There have been a few in the past but I think from now on we could probably do without them.

But..

The profile of the user "Josh", formerly "JmBd", "iLLiCit_JmBd", "FatherJmBd" famously known as "Bedn", a prominent historical Newgrounds user, less than two days prior to its deletion which occured on July 14th 2009. Dozens of historical Newgrounds Flash Portal submissions went down with the account as well as over 9,000 posts including many important threads..

NG Screenshot archive

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-05 16:22:00

You mean this account?

What you missed: If you deposited every day, you would have 30440 EXP and you would be Level 53.
Time on NG: 8 year(s), 4 month(s) and 2 day(s) (=3044 days)
You lost 1617704 Experience Ranks today! Crap!

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-05 22:51:00

I discovered this last night and this morning when my nice dial up internet was being slow. There are several small errors on the page, but the biggest one was the place where you mark the reviews as helpful, useless, or abusive.

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-05 22:52:45

Another one. This one is pin pointed a bit more to where you vote 1-5 on the submission. It shows up with text instead of buttons and it stayed like this all morning.

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-08 01:18:07

Here's The Header before the launch of the art portal. I was lucky enough to notice that it changed when I went to the next page. Cool.

NG Screenshot archive

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-08 01:19:15

And after!

NG Screenshot archive

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-08 01:37:58

Sorry for triple post but I spent the last few minutes getting to the 11,999,999th post in the general fourm but I only got to 11,999,998 :( oh well!

NG Screenshot archive

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-09 20:26:36

At 8/2/09 08:26 AM, Narusegawa wrote: The profile of the user "Josh", formerly "JmBd", "iLLiCit_JmBd", "FatherJmBd" famously known as "Bedn", a prominent historical Newgrounds user, less than two days prior to its deletion which occured on July 14th 2009. Dozens of historical Newgrounds Flash Portal submissions went down with the account as well as over 9,000 posts including many important threads..

I know it's a very sad thing to see one of the most infamous users in the history of newgrounds. Well if i look into my archive i think i may have some screenshots of Josh's account/posts and other various things...well i propose we have a little contest just for fun to find all the screenshots of Josh's existence on newgrounds...well to make it a little specific pre-redesign would be what i am looking for. Because a post-redesign would not mean as much.

I think it's a good idea and it could pick up the activity around here. Some of the older regulars could post some stuff if they care...since they are most likely to have them.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-10 03:06:54

I got this weird error message on my user page so I thought, Why not post it here?

NG Screenshot archive

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-10 03:08:41

And as a bonus Heres a screenshot where the flash artists were iconless back then. Sorry it got cut off I was messing around with it in MS paint.

NG Screenshot archive

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-10 07:00:47

At 8/5/09 04:22 PM, fatherjmbd wrote: You mean this account?

Nope, talking about someone else.

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-11 16:01:12

Wow I've been posting here a lot. Here's a moderator approval message.

NG Screenshot archive

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-11 17:00:50

Time to reclaim my throne as screenshot whore.
This is a pre-redesign photo showing moderator tools.

NG Screenshot archive

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-11 17:04:03

A pre-redesign sign-up button highlighted. If there are any requests for pictures that you would like to see my post. Just feel free to ask here or pm me, i have alot of old sigs from older users who are no longer active. Just about anything you could ever want.

NG Screenshot archive

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-11 21:05:34

Looks like Newgrounds brought back those massive commercials on the sides of the homepage. :/

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-11 21:12:37

More old NG pictures since NEVR seems to like them.

I-Mockery use to be able to make admin front page posts. These posts would go directly on the front page, sort of like how one at a time is featured at the very bottom of the front page today. Here is one that he made back in 2002. *I-Mockery is a fantastic pixel artist and creates such fabulous games like the Trick or Treat Adventure that has medals currently*

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-11 21:25:27

And finally, possibly the funniest NG ad I have ever seen, 2004.

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-12 18:43:02

Looks like someone is using archive.org to find his stuff? Well i do use that now and again, but try to take better one's fatkidw/jetpack. The add you just posted for instence, just post the add and not all the junk behing it. That could be done using a simple right click and "save as". Just a suggestion.

Now, what do i have today? A animated sig Wade used around 2005, i don't have a exact date for this one; sorry.

NG Screenshot archive

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-12 20:54:06

At 8/12/09 06:43 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Looks like someone is using archive.org to find his stuff? Well i do use that now and again, but try to take better one's fatkidw/jetpack. The add you just posted for instence, just post the add and not all the junk behing it. That could be done using a simple right click and "save as". Just a suggestion.

Now, what do i have today? A animated sig Wade used around 2005, i don't have a exact date for this one; sorry.

i took it originally thinking that I would be able to show what every add was put in, but the stuff around it never loaded. I am using The Wayback Machine because I always use that for all sorts of stuff I am interested in. I only take the ones I find interesting, and honestly I dont give a fuck if others dont like the pic because it is here for whoever wants to check it out, not to be judged on how great and helpful it is. I respect your opinion, but just because you dont like it doesnt mean others wont as well. I usually take a screenshot to show multiple elements instead of just one.

I usually am overwhelmed with the archive as well so I take pics of what I find funny, and then later on I take pics of what I find useful. I switch every now and then.

Im a nerd

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-12 22:33:30

At 8/12/09 08:54 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: i took it originally thinking that I would be able to show what every add was put in, but the stuff around it never loaded. I am using The Wayback Machine because I always use that for all sorts of stuff I am interested in. I only take the ones I find interesting, and honestly I dont give a fuck if others dont like the pic because it is here for whoever wants to check it out, not to be judged on how great and helpful it is. I respect your opinion, but just because you dont like it doesnt mean others wont as well. I usually take a screenshot to show multiple elements instead of just one.

i'm gald you respect my opinion and did not freak out :::not to much:::. For the rest of it not loading, did you try several different days and not just one? I find that you may have to go to several different saved days to find all of the parts to just one section of the ads. Then put it together in a program, i suggest gimp. I could just tell you were using the wayback machine just by the way some of you photos looked. Well because i use the same thing sometimes and find it helpfull if i don't have something. I never said i did not like them, just that they could be better and not include some usless things thsat don't need to be there.

They are good, just that i have everything that you have posted so far. I have 30+MB of archived photos, so it takes something really good to impress me. If you ever need anything feel free to ask and i'll post it if i have it.

I usually am overwhelmed with the archive as well so I take pics of what I find funny, and then later on I take pics of what I find useful. I switch every now and then.

I take picks of almost anything, voting bars the old headers, ads, just about anything. I even have alot of the level up lounge from when it was just started and less then 100 posts :::i'll find it soon:::

I now have something to ask of anyone who could help look for it or may have it :::i doubt it:: I would like to see a screenshot of one of my posts on the bbs pre-redesign. The sad thing is i only had about 300 posts before the redesign happened. Please help if you can, i was a level 9 and my username was Buster1. Thanks if you want to help me look.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-13 16:47:22

All posts made by you before the redesign were deleted... or at least there is no record of them in pre-design form. This was the closest thing I could get. The very last post of yours that was archived. Lolz, BBM is not a mod in that thread. I went to buster1.newgrounds.com in the wayback machine and found that every post after page 9 of your posts was not there. If you go to buster1.newgrounds.com here, you only have one post.

http://web.archive.org/web/2007120817515 3/www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/822646

Roar

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-13 21:07:56

At 8/13/09 04:47 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: All posts made by you before the redesign were deleted... or at least there is no record of them in pre-design form. This was the closest thing I could get. The very last post of yours that was archived. Lolz, BBM is not a mod in that thread. I went to buster1.newgrounds.com in the wayback machine and found that every post after page 9 of your posts was not there. If you go to buster1.newgrounds.com here, you only have one post.

Thanks for trying....i was looking for a pre-redesign screenshot of me posting. I did have trouble finding anything around the time i first started making posts here. I looked and i no know that i only made about 150 post before the redesign. From what i see i know there were alot more, from what i recall alot were deleted and i had ban after ban. It would be almost every week i would get one. Out of a 7 day week i probaly would be banned about 3 days of it...

I looked for about a hour and found nothing....because when i searched newgrounds in the wayback machine almost every day that i posted was not archived. When the dates matched up and i knew i had posted that day....the fourm was another day...usually a few days before my first post..

Well thanks for trying anyways. Well just one more thing to ask you...could you or do you know anyone who can make a replica of my first post... I will pm you or anyone willing to make it for me.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-13 23:04:45

I could easily make a replica of your first post in flash. For whatever reason you want it, as long as you know what you said.

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-13 23:35:10

At 8/13/09 11:04 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I could easily make a replica of your first post in flash. For whatever reason you want it, as long as you know what you said.

You really could do that for me? Well it's just for posterity's sake, i really want to have a pre-redesign post of mine. Since one has not been archived, i will have to settle for a replica.

So here's everything you will need to to know to make it happen:
Here is the original post. This is my real first post:

At 5/25/07 10:02 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
At 5/25/07 09:16 PM, 67johnny wrote: Krinkels is now working on Madness 8, so, please be patient while he works on it.
wonder if the sairff returns

I was a level 9 and my aura was dark, my post count would be 1. At the time i did not have a sig or any writting down there. I have the exact amount of experience points i must of had when i made that first post; it would be 610/2021.

I really want to thank you for doing this. I'm sure you can find all of the elements you need on the way back machine.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-14 16:12:28

This is on the front page now:

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-14 16:14:00

At 8/14/09 04:12 PM, Duffle wrote: This is on the front page now:

Oops. I don't know what happened with the size there.

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-14 23:57:43

Clock Day's "Game of the Moment".

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-15 00:01:10

At 8/14/09 04:36 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Both of those have been posted before. The Chat rules have been posted by myself and the NG ad has already been posted on April 2nd when the China joke of April 1st went down.

I figured the Chat Rules might have already been posted, but I don't remember seeing the Chat icon without the April Fool's page design, which is why I posted it. I'll be more careful next time.

Anyway, here's the Clock Day design on the Flash Portal. It's on all pages except the front page at the moment.

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2009-08-15 00:14:32

At 8/15/09 12:01 AM, Duffle wrote: Clock Day

Okay. It turns out this year's Clock Day page design is the same as last year's.

NeonFlame126's post is almost exactly the same as mine.