00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Oatmeal386 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

996,813 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-08 23:28:02

At 9/8/09 10:15 PM, mrsmiles703 wrote: Welcome to the club Calintz. <generic comment>Good to have you on the force.</generic comment> You can just address me as Smiles if you want my attention. But anyways I'm not sure how they do things in the NGDD but in this thread people are usually very friendly so loosen up a little. Not every thing that goes down is big business.
god I hate my user name.

I would've had a hayday with that comment the way this club use to be months ago. Some of you might understand what I mean and chuckle along.

Did the NGDD ever end up forming back up or what?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-08 23:45:44

At 9/8/09 11:28 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Did the NGDD ever end up forming back up or what?

The last word that got put out is that DS is remaking the system and he's almost done, but he's waiting til it's perfect before he contacts the people he's chosen as department heads, because as soon as that happens, there's no turning back. It's been a good long while since he said that though. Sucks waiting it out. :/ You're out in the field aren't you? When are you getting done with all this stuff that's keeping you busy?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-09 00:10:05

At 9/8/09 11:45 PM, michelinman wrote:
You're out in the field aren't you? When are you getting done with all this stuff that's keeping you busy?

No, I'm just active duty back home til the 25th. So after that I'll be going back to school, and I'll be much less busy.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-09 00:13:24

I think I'll just leave this here...

Newgrounds Police Dept.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-09 00:22:02

At 9/9/09 12:13 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I think I'll just leave this here...

AH SON OF A BITCH I KNEW IT HAHAHAHA!!! As far as I know, you're the first member to ever actually follow through with this. Let's see how this turns out ;)

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-09 00:26:20

Hey guys, just coming in to show that I want to be active. I really don't have much to say other than I am currently sitting here, eating a bag of Dill Pickle Crispy Minis and reading the FAQ. I'll check back later to see if anything is up.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-09 00:50:18

At 9/9/09 12:26 AM, Calintz wrote: Hey guys, just coming in to show that I want to be active. I really don't have much to say other than I am currently sitting here, eating a bag of Dill Pickle Crispy Minis and reading the FAQ. I'll check back later to see if anything is up.

You're... actually reading it? Oh Hallelujah! Someone actually cares! Unfortunately, I gotta hit the sack right now. Got school and whatnot tomorrow. Maybe there'll be someone else here staying up late, I can't be too sure.

OH and Calintz, we also have our own private forum here. You may register if you wish, but if you do I'll have to validate the account.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-09 13:03:52

At 9/9/09 12:13 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I think I'll just leave this here...

You douchebag! I demand to be placed higher on the roster when I get 2499, after all, I've been here longer.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-09 13:12:36

At 9/9/09 01:03 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: You douchebag! I demand to be placed higher on the roster when I get 2499, after all, I've been here longer.

Either Private Sheizenhammer was just teasing, or he's not that good at math. :P Let me be the first to bid you a tearful departure from the roster. :( You're still gonna lurk like the rest of us RIIIGHT?!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-09 14:12:58

At 9/9/09 01:31 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 9/9/09 01:12 PM, michelinman wrote: Either Private Sheizenhammer was just teasing, or he's not that good at math. :P Let me be the first to bid you a tearful departure from the roster. :( You're still gonna lurk like the rest of us RIIIGHT?!
Ahahahaha. Man S-H you could have at least waited until Saturday so you could have the glory of being at the top with 2499!

Damn, sad to see you go I guess....Ah well, I will see you in the EGB buddy! :P

Yeah, the joke got boring pretty quickly, and I WANTED MAH EXTRA VOTE POWA DAMMIT!
In order to annoy NeonFlame and Tails, I'd have had to leave it like that for months before either one caught up, which I wasn't gonna do anyway.

Anyways, I'm done with this hole for now. Later!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-09 14:40:37

Sorry to steal your thunder sheiz, buuuut...

NOM NOM NOM NOM.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-09 15:03:16

At 9/9/09 02:40 PM, michelinman wrote: NOM NOM NOM NOM.

Shit, missed it. It figures I'd miss the last one I'll likely see in a while. Fuck!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-09 22:51:11

At 9/9/09 02:12 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Anyways, I'm done with this hole for now. Later!

Yes indeed. Our paths will cross again soon. Very soon, Detective...

retreats to the shadows

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 00:14:50

Well, I need now 61 b/p to gain the next ranking. I feel like a disgrace, I never really thought about b/p's up until now. I imagine that if I took the time to deposit everyday from under judgment flash, I would have a higher rank. As it is now, I'm just checking in, to tell you that portal is running very slow (of course it is, it's midnight)... I apologize for not being active during the day, as my work schedule is 3pm-11pm Monday-Friday (weekends optional).

It's sort of crummy because I miss out on all the under judgment flash's... Users tend to upload more I find during the day (when more users are active) then at night. Even though there are still some of us who are night hawks and love to watch new flash when we are tired yet wired after work!

Once, again. 61 needed.

Wish me luck!

Calintz, out.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 01:32:08

police officer andale524 ready for duty

i look forward to being in the NGPD

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 10:56:30

Oh jeez, another 2009 account with higher stats then me. Man I suck....
Anyways, Calintz reporting for duty. I figure I got some spare time, since I had a doctors appointment early this morning, I took the rest of the day off work. Maybe if I am lucky by the end of today I can rack up that 61 b/p to earn Police Officer Badge.

Off to the portal, I'll post if I find anything of interest.

(:

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 11:08:37

Nothing much too report, other than finding a decent game....
Big Joe's Stagecoach [Beta]
I realize it's a beta and should be uploaded to the NG Alpha, but honestly... who even goes to the Alpha page anymore?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 11:31:00

At 9/10/09 01:32 AM, andale524 wrote: i look forward to being in the NGPD

Not so fast there guy.. You've got to be approved by TailsPrower, the NGPD Commissioner before you can be accepted into the force. You meet the minimum requirements: Portal Security badge and at least 50 posts. However they are supposed to be good, intelligent posts that contribute to the thread that they are in. Not shitty one-liners, which is what all of your posts seem to be. :/ Post back intelligently so we know you're serious about joining and you're not a "drive-by applicant," and Tails will decide whether or not you're worthy.

And Calintz, I don't know if you were told or not, but one of the mods has been up our ass about the amount of idle conversation in this thread. Try to ease back on those "hey guys, nothing new" posts, or we could end up getting locked. :/

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 11:40:38

At 9/10/09 11:31 AM, michelinman wrote: And Calintz, I don't know if you were told or not, but one of the mods has been up our ass about the amount of idle conversation in this thread. Try to ease back on those "hey guys, nothing new" posts, or we could end up getting locked. :/

I read all the damn rules, and it said that we were free to talk about the portal. Um, if we are not allowed the what the hell is the point of this club? Too be honest I was one of the originals who started The Newgrounds Department Of Defense (if you know what that is.) I am debating just going back there, I can't stand the fact that every time I make a post, it seems that I am doing something wrong.

I didn't know that say "Hey guys, nothing new" as an introduction to what I am saying was against the rules. Please clarify to me exactly what is allowed and what isn't.

Sorry...

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 12:03:55

At 9/10/09 11:40 AM, Calintz wrote: I read all the damn rules, and it said that we were free to talk about the portal. Um, if we are not allowed the what the hell is the point of this club?

Primarily to report abusive flashes; secondarily about B/Ping, or anything portal-related you think would be of particular interest to the club's members.

I didn't know that say "Hey guys, nothing new" as an introduction to what I am saying was against the rules. Please clarify to me exactly what is allowed and what isn't.

Sorry...

The thing mich is on about is here. However, I see your point. Putting a warning like that in the thread is doomed to get buried after a few pages, and won't be found by new members (making it kinda pointless as well as temporary). Fuck knows why Tails never made a sticky about it in the NGPD forum, but I guess he's just lazy like that.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 16:17:44

At 9/10/09 12:41 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Listen, your saying sorry too much. You "technically" are doing everything by the book. You have nothing to apologise for. You just need a gentle tap in the right direction thats all. That will come along eventually. :)

This. You're coming along outstandingly Calintz. It's nice to see a new member as enthusiastic as you, and in a couple weeks, you're gonna know most of the stuff we know, and you'll be good to go. It's just you're new right now, and being oblivious to some things is gonna happen. It's our fault, not yours. Don't take it as a personal attack. We're just showing you the ropes is all. :P

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 16:38:52

At 9/10/09 11:31 AM, michelinman wrote: And Calintz, I don't know if you were told or not, but one of the mods has been up our ass about the amount of idle conversation in this thread. Try to ease back on those "hey guys, nothing new" posts, or we could end up getting locked. :/

His post was relevant to the Portal. I'm sure Mal meant something completely irrelevant and outside of NG, like "omg I have so much hw and my teacher's a douche. How about yours?" Seriously guys, he just got here so cut him some slack okay? Let's not get nitpicky about these things and convince everyone on NG that we're the most uptight fucks around.

that title goes to the Barracks <3

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 17:18:40

Thanks everyone and I mean everyone for helping me out. I do realize that I am new here, and whatnot. I am going to try my best to contribute as much as I can to this club, as it is the only club that I belong too. I just want to start spending my time in this club, and earn my b/p and like you said "learn the ropes" of all of it. I appreciate everyone trying to help me, and I appreciate Tails for backing me up (although you might have come down a little hard on the guys).

Respect everyone <3

A little update, I'm now down to 50 b/p left until next badge. The portal was messing up and running super slow for me today (not sure if anyone else had this problem). So I missed out on all the flash uploads
):

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 19:54:54

At 9/10/09 05:31 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 9/10/09 05:18 PM, Calintz wrote: I appreciate everyone trying to help me, and I appreciate Tails for backing me up (although you might have come down a little hard on the guys).
Listen...Its not a problem. That's what we are here for. We prep you before you get into the EGB. Don't worry about Tails...He always come down "Hard" on us!
<3 ;)

*stares at Liz* -.- And I thought this was better than General.

The portal was messing up and running super slow for me today (not sure if anyone else had this problem).
No I had no problems....I have to admit though...The portal has been SUPER slow today. I have only gained 37 today. Seriously...I remember when i used to get 60+ a day....*Sigh*

I have to agree, what little I've seen of it. Gah, between school, drums, guitar, homework, and now, probably a job, (Got an interview this weekend). I'm not going to have much time during the week to even deposit, let alone B/P.

This looks froody.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 20:45:16

At 9/10/09 10:56 AM, Calintz wrote: Oh jeez, another 2009 account with higher stats then me. Man I suck....

i consider myself a crafty old veteran.

what do you guys think?

Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.

Sig by Her

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 21:01:04

At 9/10/09 08:45 PM, bdash1990 wrote: i consider myself a crafty old veteran.
what do you guys think?

Sorry, you can't consider yourself a veteran (in my opinion) unless you get over 1k posts, as well as have been here for over 1 year.

So I'm not a veteran either.

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 21:52:26

At 9/10/09 09:01 PM, Toiletpaper wrote:
what do you guys think?
Sorry, you can't consider yourself a veteran (in my opinion) unless you get over 1k posts, as well as have been here for over 1 year.

Thanks guys! But I don't think I'm a veteran either. Maybe three years and 3-4k posts. That proves your worth a lot more.

Or you could also do seven years and 1k posts.

HA HA

Congrats on the ranking out Sheizenhammer!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 21:56:20

At 9/10/09 09:01 PM, Toiletpaper wrote:
what do you guys think?

You rang?

Welcome, Calintz, I'm the good sir Neon, and I was you very well on your journey to 2500 B/Ps and the deity whistle. That, to answer your question, is what this thread is for. We help cleanse the Portal by flagging abusive flash and reviews and blamming the crappy flash while passing the good.
Don't be intimidated by the scary level icon or the load of posts :P, I'm a pretty nice guy who actually does like to help newbies like you.

Right before the first game of the season I hurt my back. Some fucking luck. Anyway, There was only one submission in the Portal today when I checked. I don't know if I should be happy or sad there's not many submissions. The lack of spam is encouraging, but lack of activity isn't.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 22:12:21

You were close, Neon my boy, but we don't bring up reviews here. It's been stated that doing so here is a bananable offense. You guys can organize abusive review search operations outside the NGPD - so long as you guys aren't vulturing the reviews. You know the drill.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-09-10 22:53:03

i meant a crafty old veteran on the force.

Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.

Sig by Her

BBS Signature