00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Krispizz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

996,904 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 07:36:06

It seems that BurstFilmsCrew are back again, but this time they haven't been getting caught as often as they were in their first run.

And:

The second one has been modified quite a bit, though it's the exact same game inside.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 08:27:40

They've stolen yet another Flash. They've actually stolen this one once before in the past, under HaloTomato, though it was removed.

STOLEN:

ORIGINAL:

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 09:00:44

-Another Stolen Flash Alert-

This game was on GameVera, the site that sponsored it two years ago. He hints that he created it recently in his authors comments, so it's obviously stolen.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 09:28:44

At 3/1/09 09:00 AM, mwmike wrote: -Another Stolen Flash Alert-
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 5326
This game was on GameVera, the site that sponsored it two years ago. He hints that he created it recently in his authors comments, so it's obviously stolen.

Good lookin, mike.
You're one cool dude.

How do you find these? Is it all from just surfing the web and playing games on shitloads of different sites, or is there an actual method to it?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 09:39:19

At 3/1/09 09:28 AM, Crusher117 wrote: How do you find these?

I look for things like the Flash dimensions not matching up to the ones that they have posted. With this one the SWF had been added to the page at higher dimensions than it had been exported at, and a lot of other stolen Flashes have the exact same problem, or the exact opposite. If the name that the Flash has been submitted as doesn't match with the title then I check for Flashes with similar titles to the one that it was meant to be. I search around if I see Flashes from people like OHSNAPSON911, HaloTomato and BurstFilmsCrew, as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 09:44:40

hello everyone. I am now level 20, and I have entered the top 3000 b/p ranks.

I got 37 b/p points and I was in the top five!? Come on guys, most of those were blams. I should not have been in the top five like that. Where is your SPIRIT!! Your WILL!! XD

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 10:19:31

At 3/1/09 09:58 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Hey...Isn't that sig like EXACTLY the same as the one for cobra???
Except the username is different???

Yes. Sinskae has had it for a lot longer as well. I remember seeing it in early September, when I joined, and it could go back for a lot longer, it could even predate both of our signups here; though I highly doubt it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 11:29:41

At 3/1/09 10:32 AM, Lizzardis wrote: I really need a mod to delete my double post above!!!

Just send a friendly PM to one of them about it. Check the 'Who's Online' list for any green names, then send a request across. Usually it only takes about ten minutes before it's all been sorted out.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 11:44:53

At 3/1/09 09:44 AM, sinskae wrote: hello everyone. I am now level 20, and I have entered the top 3000 b/p ranks.

I got 37 b/p points and I was in the top five!? Come on guys, most of those were blams. I should not have been in the top five like that. Where is your SPIRIT!! Your WILL!! XD

hey now, I got 6 points this week which is substantially greater than my usual weekly gain ;)

btw, thanks crusher for settling that little skirmish back there. A little common sense never hurts nobody lol. On second thought... it could if you really warp the circumstances.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 11:48:11

At 3/1/09 11:44 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 3/1/09 09:44 AM, sinskae wrote:
btw, thanks crusher for settling that little skirmish back there. A little common sense never hurts nobody lol. On second thought... it could if you really warp the circumstances.

Conflict resolution. Takin off mah pantaloons. All in a days work around here
:P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 11:54:28

At 3/1/09 11:48 AM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 3/1/09 11:29 AM, mwmike wrote:
At 3/1/09 10:32 AM, Lizzardis wrote: I really need a mod to delete my double post above!!!
I have done. To multiple mods...They always just go offline whenever i send the PM. *sigh* I guess i shall try again.

BTW glad you could join us Tails!

Ah dont worry about it, it's not a huge issue. It'll be gone when we go to the next page.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 12:07:07

DEITY.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 12:11:00

At 3/1/09 11:56 AM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 3/1/09 11:54 AM, Crusher117 wrote: Ah dont worry about it, it's not a huge issue. It'll be gone when we go to the next page.
Well yeah i suppose. I have just Pm'ed Poozy about it, whether he will do anything though is another matter. So on another note, how is everybody today? Are you good? I'm just studying for my science module exams....Guess when they are...NEXT FRIDAY!!!
Why do they put exams on such crap days.....

They always do that so you'll have more time to study for your other exams. Though when I was in high school, my exams were always in the early part or the middle to the end of the week. Barely any extra time to study for my other exams. Oh well, what can anyone do about, right?

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 12:14:50

Hey, so, I kinda dont want a mod to roll by and think im being a smart ass, so I figure ill ask here so I dont have to make a thread and get pwned by a b&hamr

Anybody ever post in a thread and leave it thinking that they would get banned only to find out that they didnt get banned?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 16:14:24

Nice, I just logged my stats to see that I've gained thirty-seven blams today. I'm pretty sure that I've never gained this much before, though I could be wrong. A lot of bad Flashes have been passing, but it seems that more of them have been getting blammed than usual as well. I've also gained 29 saves, though that isn't anything special.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 16:17:00

Hey, we all know that at least some competition is healthy, right everyone? After all, competition is how America kept up with the USSR during the Cold War. It's only natural, nothing can be done about it, except to try and quell the natural instincts we all share.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 19:29:18

Hey, I just got back from the portal and found this submission.

It is a very famous series, and the person who submitted it said it was not his but he did some graphical editing to it (blood, etc.). I did not flag it yet, cause I'm not sure if it is allowed or not (taking someones work and making your own additions to it.)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 20:37:02

At 3/1/09 08:29 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 3/1/09 07:29 PM, Eroth221 wrote: Hey, I just got back from the portal and found this submission.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 5412
I'm going to flag it. Because he does clearly say "NOTE: I am not trying to take Xiao Xiao 3 as my own." So therefore he stole it....Am i right?
I'm flagging it.

Passed. If I would've seen it earlier, I would've acted on it. Sorry...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 20:50:19

Let me know if Wade ever even replies to you- Many thanks.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 20:51:16

eh, we're only human, we can't get every single stolen or edited flash that is submitted, right?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 21:17:00

At 3/1/09 10:32 AM, Lizzardis wrote:
Yes. Sinskae has had it for a lot longer as well. I remember seeing it in early September, when I joined, and it could go back for a lot longer, it could even predate both of our signups here; though I highly doubt it.

I've had it for a long time; but not that long lol

Oh right i see. So he didn't just steal Cobra's sig then...Oh ok then, fair enough. I really need a mod to delete my double post above!!!

>.< I never steal, it isn't good at all. Cobra wanted a sig like mine, so I PMed my good buddy and fellow NGPD member, Spartan204. He was more than happy to be making sigs again. Hopefully he will be back soon.

Oh and btw, I just saw the movie Taken. I thought it was pretty amazing, the action and thrills kept me rather entertained.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 21:22:47

At 3/1/09 08:50 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: Let me know if Wade ever even replies to you- Many thanks.

I've been waiting ages
*gets old and dies*

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 21:26:23

At 3/1/09 09:22 PM, Crusher117 wrote:
At 3/1/09 08:50 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: Let me know if Wade ever even replies to you- Many thanks.

Wait a tic, how did you dispel my TRAP CARD!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-01 22:43:29

At 3/1/09 09:26 PM, Crusher117 wrote:
*epic lol*

Oh, I've gotten back into photoshop again so if anyone in here needs something done, let me know. I'm rusty from a year or so of not using it.
I've already sent off my sig PSD template to people who use NG log and like to update their stats and whatnot.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-02 00:40:39

Tom and Wade are currently airing a video stream of a snowstorm outside of their house here, if you want to report that Flash as stolen then mention it in there.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-02 06:20:25

At 3/1/09 09:34 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 3/1/09 09:26 PM, Crusher117 wrote:
Come again?

Duuuude...what?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-02 14:02:32

At 3/1/09 09:17 PM, sinskae wrote: Oh and btw, I just saw the movie Taken. I thought it was pretty amazing, the action and thrills kept me rather entertained.

From what I've seen of that, it's an amazing film. I was watching it around a friend's house a few days ago and was enjoying it right until the car-chase near the end when the DVD fucked up. It had been sold to us with a massive scratch in. I'm going to have to get it again, since I was heavily engrossed in it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-02 14:57:32

At 3/2/09 02:02 PM, mwmike wrote:
At 3/1/09 09:17 PM, sinskae wrote: Oh and btw, I just saw the movie Taken. I thought it was pretty amazing, the action and thrills kept me rather entertained.
From what I've seen of that, it's an amazing film. I was watching it around a friend's house a few days ago and was enjoying it right until the car-chase near the end when the DVD fucked up. It had been sold to us with a massive scratch in. I'm going to have to get it again, since I was heavily engrossed in it.

Very very very very good movie. I got an advanced copy before it hit theatres. The visuals are amaaaazing.

And lookie loook, that modified Xao 3 is now blamminated. Or whatever.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-02 17:26:44

Speaking of movies, there are still some out that came out like 5-6 or earlier years ago, that I still haven't seen.

Some include:

Nacho Libre
Kicking & Screaming
School Of Rock

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-02 17:33:59

At 3/2/09 05:26 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Speaking of movies, there are still some out that came out like 5-6 or earlier years ago, that I still haven't seen.

Some include:

Nacho Libre

pretty funny, didn't see it all the way through

Kicking & Screaming

never saw it lol

School Of Rock

I thought it was ok, but I wouldn't watch it again.