00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KevinOfficial904 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

998,118 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-01-30 15:46:22

At 1/30/09 02:40 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Speaking of remembering the Old NG set-up, I really did prefer the old slogan,

"NEWGROUNDS

The Problems of the Future, Today."

That was THE BEST SLOGAN Tom had come up with, at least in my opinion. And sorry for the double post.

I know that people may say "But, you're an 08'er, you couldnt possibly have visited NG!"
Lies.
I do remember the "Problems of the Future, Today". I gotta say, I did like it whenever I visited NG.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-01-30 16:20:29

At 1/30/09 01:16 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:
At 1/30/09 12:23 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Hey dudes, I'm still in my week of administration am i not?

Anyway i was looking through the portal today and i saw these three flashes. Two from the KK crew and one from the FF.

They are;
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 1013
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 1021
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 1022
Just thought i'd let you guys know. I really do hope these do not pass judgement.
So how am i doing?
Am i doing well, seen as i have only just joined, or am going to officially join the NGPD.
Nice one Lizzardis, I was about to post some of the same ones too. Seeing as how you beat me to the punch, no need for me to do so. I just wish these spam crews would get a fucking life. They must be dorks, nerds, and ugly people of the highest order if all they can do is pollute the portal as such. How dare they?! This used to be a fun site, then Tom and Wade stopped blamming the spam. T_T

It's not Tom and wade's job to blam the crap, it's the users of NG's job. As for the rest of your post, if you insult them and rant about how bad they are, your only giving them what they want, which is to be a recognized disturbance to the users of NG. I do agree Tom and wade should crack down, but there's not much they can do without seeming unfair. Since there is more to NG than the Flash Portal, IP banning the members of NG that cause the types of disturbances they do would make it so the users could not be constructive in the other areas of the NG. I have noticed some of the users in the that cause problems in the portal are pretty constructive posters in the forums. The purpose of the flash portal is for the users to choose what they like and what they don't, and to be able to have a shot at getting what they like on the site to stay, and to have a shot at making sure what they don't like gets deleted, and since it's the users job to blam or save flash movies, you really can't complain about the state of the site, since mass voting is illegal here, although mass voting would keep the level of crap down. I am not advocating for mass voting, I am merely stating at times it csn be helpful. And also, when users flood the portal with crap, you all get more B/P points, so take advantage of it and make your ranks.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-01-30 16:40:08

At 1/30/09 12:23 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Hey dudes, I'm still in my week of administration am i not?

Check the member list if you must know. I took the liberty of doing it for you and you've got until the 2nd of Feb until it's over.

Anyway i was looking through the portal today and i saw these three flashes. Two from the KK crew and one from the FF.

For your sake, I sure as hell hope you're not telling us to blam them. Because people who tell others to blam anything..... just............*hyperventialte* JUST.............. AGGRAVATE MEEEEE GRAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-01-30 16:49:50

At 1/30/09 04:40 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
Check the member list if you must know. I took the liberty of doing it for you and you've got until the 2nd of Feb until it's over.

For your sake, I sure as hell hope you're not telling us to blam them. Because people who tell others to blam anything..... just............*hyperventialte* JUST.............. AGGRAVATE MEEEEE GRAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurry some one get Tails a cookie before he goes off!
It is not a good idea to say things like "I hope they get blamed" or anything similar. If you think a flash should be looked at simply say just that. "I think this flash should be looked at". It is effective and lets people make up there own mind.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-01-30 17:40:20

At 1/30/09 05:11 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Again i'm sorry if i did something wrong.

Don't worry about it just be careful. The one thing I know the NGPD is strict about is saying anything close to 'blam this'. The reason being is Newgrounds does not allow mass voting clubs. This being so, we would not want this thread locked because we started allowing conversation leading to the mass voting of flash. So we just nip it in the butt before anything remotely close to that gets started.

Anyways welcome to the NGPD. Even though I am no longer an active member it is still nice to see fresh blood coming here to protect the portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-01-30 19:03:21

At 1/30/09 06:17 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
Oh rihgt now i understand. OK thanks for being so nice, i was expecting to get yelled at or something.
I understand about not getting into the conversation about the mass-voting, but i just want to ask how was that encouraging mass-voting?
But still thanks i'm glad to be here, hopefully i won't make that same mistake again, but i would also like to know, should i not make a post with the flashes in then?
Because in the NGDD i make a post about news around the portal and forum, if there are a few spam flashes i will comment on them and put them in my post, should i not do that?

Thanks.

For the most part everyone is very nice here. So you usually do not have to worry about making people pissed or getting yelled at. Tails isn't bad either, but I wouldn't get on his bad side. But I'm sure you'll get the knack for things soon enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-01-30 19:25:53

Is Gu-rrilla still around? If he is tell him we need more lube there's another new member here that needs to be accepted. Don't be scared though, just bite down on this and close your eyes ;)

inside joke

***Evil Salute***

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-01-30 19:46:25

At 1/30/09 07:25 PM, djconnect wrote: Is Gu-rrilla still around? If he is tell him we need more lube there's another new member here that needs to be accepted. Don't be scared though, just bite down on this and close your eyes ;)

inside joke
***Evil Salute***

Oh come on guys, I know how to really get a member initiated

Gets tequila and pingpong paddle...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-01-30 20:59:49

At 1/30/09 07:46 PM, Crusher117 wrote:

I'll go get more lube.....

Sorry I haven't been on much, I have been a little busy with real life and all. I have a new gf and I have been nominated for some banquet sponsored by the Daughters of the American Revolution. I got nominated due to my love of U.S. history and my participation in the class :)

How is everyone else doing?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-01-30 21:24:43

I just stopped back in as well but I am doing fine. Been doing allot of programming lately and just learning allot. Congrads for being nominated for that banquet btw.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-01-31 08:43:11

At 1/30/09 08:59 PM, sinskae wrote:
I'll go get more lube.....

Sorry I haven't been on much, I have been a little busy with real life and all. I have a new gf and I have been nominated for some banquet sponsored by the Daughters of the American Revolution. I got nominated due to my love of U.S. history and my participation in the class :)

How is everyone else doing?

Hey, my APUSH teacher talked about something like that. In our area (Outside Detroit, Mi), the local schools are doing a banquet type festivity, except it's going to have a year theme. For example, the AP History teachers at the participating schools get together and they're going to decide on a year, and dress and make food accordingly

Congrats on the new GF. Hope yours doesnt give you the cold :P

<3Katie

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-01-31 23:53:52

At 1/30/09 07:25 PM, djconnect wrote: Is Gu-rrilla still around? If he is tell him we need more lube there's another new member here that needs to be accepted. Don't be scared though, just bite down on this and close your eyes ;)

inside joke
***Evil Salute***

ENOUGH WITH THE GAY JOKES! PLEASE?! >_> Honestly, I mean, I'm all for inside jokes, but going for gay inside jokes, *shudders uncomfortably* not cool. Just, UGH! As Ron White would say "Things that make you go 'BUHH!'"

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 00:22:02

At 1/31/09 11:53 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:
At 1/30/09 07:25 PM, djconnect wrote:
ENOUGH WITH THE GAY JOKES! PLEASE?! >_> Honestly, I mean, I'm all for inside jokes, but going for gay inside jokes, *shudders uncomfortably* not cool. Just, UGH! As Ron White would say "Things that make you go 'BUHH!'"

Boy, when you're an apprentice, you go by the rules. The punishments are long and hard. We just might hafta teach you a lesson, boy.

*unzips pants*

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 00:28:41

O chill out its just a joke, butt If it really bothers you that bad we will stop. Anyways what is up with the [KK] spamming. I could make better flashes then they do. I just don't see the point, we need to fight back against spam around our portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 00:59:26

At 2/1/09 12:28 AM, djconnect wrote: O chill out its just a joke, butt If it really bothers you that bad we will stop. Anyways what is up with the [KK] spamming. I could make better flashes then they do. I just don't see the point, we need to fight back against spam around our portal.

Thank you. I'm positive that you or even myself (who only knows how to convert from a WINDOWS Movie Maker file to an .swf[FLASH] file type) could make something better than the KK, DD, SS, FF, FFF, FLF, LL(they used to be good), CC(they too, also used to be good), all in all, NG is beginning to lose its reputation that Tom had originally hoped it would be. It's quite saddening.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 03:30:32

Well like I said the NGPD and EGB need to start really protecting the portal better. We really should be able to we all have high enough levels to make a difference.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 07:23:10

I think there is something we can do and you are already doing it. Post links to spam crew flashes on here, EGB, and NGDD. Don't say anything about them (mods don't like that), the members here will make there own choices about the flashes that you link to. For now it is all we can do but to be as active as possible and guard the portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 08:25:55

Yes, plus me and wastedwizard are working to revamp the NGDD. So it will be better then it ever has been. Just keep it up, you are doing great.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 08:31:18

Well, you don't have to never use the words blam or protect, or express your opinion, you just shouldn't say "Hey guys, BLAM THIS!" or "This flash rules. Protect it ftw!" Just you know, if it is offensive or something then speak up but if you just don't like it don't flat out tell us how we should vote. Understand?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 09:18:40

At 2/1/09 03:30 AM, djconnect wrote: Well like I said the NGPD and EGB need to start really protecting the portal better. We really should be able to we all have high enough levels to make a difference.

well...The fact stands their are really only around thirty to fourty of us; including the EGB and the NPD and there is close to no way that all the members would be on at the same time, due to time differences. AND unless we were Encouraging mass voting (lets not) there just isn't a way to get all the spam out of the portal. UNLESS....the people of NG stand up for themselves and do something. I blam almost everything, so I'm halfway there lol

and luckily my gf isn't sick, so I won't be getting the cold. But she is a soccer freak lmao (Little weird for an American to love Manchester United ;p)

Crusher, what do you guys call your banquet? Sounds like fun...

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 11:06:04

Ok, I get what NGPD stands for, but what does NGDD and EGB stand for? Also, Lizzardis, all we really can do is vote 0 or 1 for a possible blam point or 3-5 for a save point. I really think they should add a 6th one so we could have an equal amount of possible blam/save points. But, that's just me.

On a completely unrelated topic, who here has seen the "Sprite TV" submissions? Also what is it about sprite movie that make parodies so damn hilarious?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 11:12:11

Is it really ok to make fun of Tom?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 11:14:02

At 2/1/09 11:10 AM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 2/1/09 11:06 AM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Ok, I get what NGPD stands for, but what does NGDD and EGB stand for?
NGDD stands for Newgrounds Department of Defence
EGB stands for Elite Guard barracks

Also, Lizzardis, all we really can do is vote 0 or 1 for a possible blam point or 3-5 for a save point. I really think they should add a 6th one so we could have an equal amount of possible blam/save points. But, that's just me.
Yeah i know that, i just wish we could do more.
Unfortunately we can't.

Wow, y'all reply so damn fast,, it's kinda creepy.

o_0
0_o
O_O
o_o
o_O
O_o
0_0
O_0
0_O

QUIT STALKING ME! lmfao, jk jk jk

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 11:41:58

Why the hell do all fun software programs HAVE TO COST SO DAMN MUCH?!

Adobe Flash CS4 --> $699

Adobe Illustrator CS4 --> $599

Adobe InDesign CS4 --> $699

>_<

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 16:30:23

At 2/1/09 11:45 AM, Lizzardis wrote: I have no idea, maybe because they are a bugger to make i suppose.
Tell them your part of the NGPD, i bet you will get 25% off
Haha!
cricket cricket...

Super Bowl is today!! That means good food and a bunch of manly men huddled around the TV.

who will win? Steelers or Cardinals?

I vote for Steelers.....

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 16:39:55

At 2/1/09 04:30 PM, sinskae wrote:
At 2/1/09 11:45 AM, Lizzardis wrote: I have no idea, maybe because they are a bugger to make i suppose.
Tell them your part of the NGPD, i bet you will get 25% off
Haha!
cricket cricket...
Super Bowl is today!! That means good food and a bunch of manly men huddled around the TV.

who will win? Steelers or Cardinals?

I vote for Steelers.....

STEELERS! HELL YEA! The Cardinals have NEVER BEEN THE SUPER BOWL except for this year, but the Steelers have been at least 2 times before. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 16:58:18

At 2/1/09 04:39 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:
STEELERS! HELL YEA! The Cardinals have NEVER BEEN THE SUPER BOWL except for this year, but the Steelers have been at least 2 times before. :P

I believe the Steelers have 4 Super Bowl championships under their belts; but I am not sure. I'm a little tired from work today lol

I want to cut my leg off!!! MUST STOP THE PAIN!!! D: lol

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 17:18:04

Go Cards.

The Steelfags have 5 SB wins.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 17:43:21

I say Steelers are going to win. I am not a big football fan but from what I seen during playoffs I have to say Steelers.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-01 20:40:09

A flash that should be looked at

BBS Signature