00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DeeNoodles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

998,466 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 20:22:55

At 9/27/08 07:02 PM, xIDoL wrote: Hey guys, Could I join? I need to keep on track with my B/Ping and I think this club will help me ;P

Well, you have enough posts, and your B/P level is more than enough, but your post quality, to me, seems low. You had a lot of one-liners, and many of those were less then 6 words. I'm not the final opinion though, you'll have to wait for Tails.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 20:29:21

At 9/27/08 08:22 PM, jew193 wrote:
At 9/27/08 07:02 PM, xIDoL wrote: Hey guys, Could I join? I need to keep on track with my B/Ping and I think this club will help me ;P
Well, you have enough posts, and your B/P level is more than enough, but your post quality, to me, seems low. You had a lot of one-liners, and many of those were less then 6 words. I'm not the final opinion though, you'll have to wait for Tails.

Yes, I have been posting small lately because I haven't had much time to go into much detail in my posts. A while ago I was posting HUGE posts. I'll give you a link.

Look through these pages:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/search/aut hor/xIDoL/5
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/search/aut hor/xIDoL/6
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/search/aut hor/xIDoL/7

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 20:36:46

At 9/27/08 08:29 PM, xIDoL wrote:
At 9/27/08 08:22 PM, jew193 wrote:
Yes, I have been posting small lately because I haven't had much time to go into much detail in my posts. A while ago I was posting HUGE posts. I'll give you a link.

Look through these pages:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/search/aut hor/xIDoL/5
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/search/aut hor/xIDoL/6
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/search/aut hor/xIDoL/7

Only really big ones there seem to be the Wi/Ht? Level Up Lounge lists you made in those days. Other than that, the given pages are filled with one-liners and typical General material. Still, I think it says something that you at least tried to defend yourself, even if your posts are hardly any better than those of a typical General user (which is exactly what we prefer to avoid in here).

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 20:37:20

At 9/27/08 08:29 PM, xIDoL wrote: Look through these pages:

Most were one-liners and the ones that seemed big were only big because you quoted so many people. Like jew said, work on your post quality.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 20:47:47

Why does having good post quality have anything to do with this club anyways?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 21:04:58

At 9/27/08 08:47 PM, xIDoL wrote: Why does having good post quality have anything to do with this club anyways?

Because we expect you to post here and stay active within the thread. And if you do join, we don't want you posting one-liners. Those are the terms, like it or not.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 21:45:27

At 9/27/08 08:47 PM, xIDoL wrote: Why does having good post quality have anything to do with this club anyways?

As the New Grounds Police Department, we pride ourselves not only in b/p points or levels, but we also try to set an example for fellow Newgrounders to clean up post quality. If you want to be in the NGPD, you must show that you can be a good example for others to follow.

Just having a high post count does not mean anything if you to not think thoroughly on what you are posting.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 21:47:45

At 9/27/08 09:45 PM, sinskae wrote:
if you to* not think thoroughly on what you are posting.

*do lol.

On one final note, looking at your blams and saves, you have waaaay more saves than blams. We in the NGPD try to vote fairly on everything, just 5' ing everything for the free save point is just silly.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 21:52:02

At 9/27/08 09:47 PM, sinskae wrote: On one final note, looking at your blams and saves, you have waaaay more saves than blams. We in the NGPD try to vote fairly on everything, just 5' ing everything for the free save point is just silly.

Are you saying that people with substantially higher save points than blam points just "5 everything"?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 21:56:10

Also, just because a post is long, that doesn't mean it's helpful, which is what we want here in the NGPD. Longer posts usually do make better posts, but just saying nothing for 10 lines doesn't make a post good. You need both thoughtful posts that are helpful to the conversation going on at the time and posts longer than 4 words.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 22:03:33

At 9/27/08 09:52 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: Are you saying that people with substantially higher save points than blam points just "5 everything"?

not necessarily, nut if you look at his sign up date and the amount of saves he has, it is a huge amount.

he joined something like two months ago, yet he has over 1,000 saves? That seems a little fishy to me, I'm sorry.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 22:06:59

At 9/27/08 09:52 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote:
At 9/27/08 09:47 PM, sinskae wrote: On one final note, looking at your blams and saves, you have waaaay more saves than blams. We in the NGPD try to vote fairly on everything, just 5' ing everything for the free save point is just silly.
Are you saying that people with substantially higher save points than blam points just "5 everything"?

Not always, however there's been a huge problem with savewhores since a bit before I came to NG, and as you know that whole "voting for points" mentality is one of the things the NGPD stands against. And all too often, it actually is that way, where having three times or more Saves as related to Blams points to a savewhore.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 22:09:39

Because I don't want dumbass cunts waltzing their way in here and spam up the damn place with reeking trails of fuckin shitty posts. This is a requirement in many other crews, or at least an expectation. Besides, people who do not show any trace of intelligence or coherence in their posts piss the FUCK out of me. It first boggles my mind how someone can reserve any self-dignity (if they do this because they have none, I pity AND despise them) by acting like such brainless idiots in ANY social environment, then overwhelms me with intolerant rage that consumes me wholly. There will be no survivors among the guilty.

counterstrike is the only exception, but even then some idiots just get to me

I do let loose every now and then just to keep this place reasonably enjoyable, but for the majority of the time, I expect good posts here. No less. Any other questions?

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 22:12:49

So, now that I have more than 1000 saves, you accuse me of voting 5 on everything that comes through?
You guys are all stereotypical faggots. Just because I have low post quality in the general forum doesn't mean I will have low post quality in the C&C or any other forum.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 22:14:37

At 9/27/08 10:09 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I do let loose every now and then just to keep this place reasonably enjoyable, but for the majority of the time, I expect good posts here. No less. Any other questions?

I will post good here, if you guys just give me a chance.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 22:23:58

At 9/27/08 10:14 PM, xIDoL wrote:
At 9/27/08 10:09 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I do let loose every now and then just to keep this place reasonably enjoyable, but for the majority of the time, I expect good posts here. No less. Any other questions?
I will post good here, if you guys just give me a chance.

uhhh, maybe just one. The fact that we're stereotypical faggots, yet you still want to post here. Honestly, please tell us why you should be accepted when you just got done insulting all of us? I wasn't being stereotypical in saying that, I was just saying that it seemed odd; this gives you the opportunity to defend your actions but Not the right to insult us.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 22:32:25

Me calling you a faggot really hurt you feelings? Aww... I think you need to learn how to ignore people like me.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 22:43:22

At 9/27/08 10:32 PM, xIDoL wrote: Me calling you a faggot really hurt you feelings? Aww... I think you need to learn how to ignore people like me.

lmao!!!!! Ok then, I think I will now ignore you, since now you are taking the immature trolling way, instead of being respectful and saying, "I will try to make my post quality better and then I will be back!"

Something like that would have gotten respect, but just look at how you are acting now. It is rather sad.

What did you guys think was the best flash out of madness day '08? I believe that Mindchamber did a beautiful job with this.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 22:43:38

At 9/27/08 10:32 PM, xIDoL wrote: Me calling you a faggot really hurt you feelings? Aww... I think you need to learn how to ignore people like me.

I'm not going to wait for Tails to say this:

Get the fuck out.

Good day, sir.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 22:47:19

At 9/27/08 10:43 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote:
I'm not going to wait for Tails to say this:

Get the fuck out.

Good day, sir.

Yes sir, gorilla dude sir. I'm going to go zero bomb and 5 bomb some things in the submission! Out!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 22:50:27

At 9/27/08 10:47 PM, xIDoL wrote: Yes sir, gorilla dude sir. I'm going to go zero bomb and 5 bomb some things in the submission! Out!

Get it right, it's Gu-rrilla.

Post here again, and I will contact a mod.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 23:10:51

wow O_O, remind me not to get on your guys' bad sides, it's scary how quickly the mood shifted in here
and if the roster gets put up tomorrow it will be late in the evening, my day is once again packed full, and congrats on the promotion CTM

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 23:15:48

At 9/27/08 11:10 PM, perfect-insanity wrote: if the roster gets put up tomorrow it will be late in the evening,

Will I be included this time?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 23:31:54

At 9/27/08 11:15 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote:
At 9/27/08 11:10 PM, perfect-insanity wrote: if the roster gets put up tomorrow it will be late in the evening,
Will I be included this time?

Yes, unless you manage to piss Tails off enough that he takes you off the official list on the NGPD website, that's where I get the names from and your name is on the list so you'll be on the next roster somewhere around rank #18 if I remember correctly, and as a final homage I'll stick CTM on there too

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-27 23:39:57

Hey the website still has me as a P.O., but I now am a Sgt.; Fixies please?

Sorry for the short post, I am so tired right now. I'm going to bed; have a good one guys.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-28 00:40:02

I LEVELED UP!!!!!!

I think...

I'll be back sometime soon guys. Just wait for it.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-28 00:41:45

At 9/27/08 10:48 AM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Yeah... What's with Police Sergeant and double level-ups? It seems that's the most likely rank to come with a level-up in another category. But anyways...

I concurred this one unless if you deposit everyday but you are B/Ping so fast than Flash.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-28 01:32:57

I don't think it's reasonable to assume that just because someone has an imbalanced b/p ratio means that they have a problem with their voting habits. Consider this, maybe he actually did encounter a substantially greater quantity of protect-worthy flashes while still voting as fairly as any of us here. He's not a particularly powerful user in terms of voting power so I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgment on someone based on such issues as b/p ratio.

I actually have to side with idol on this one. Blam/Protect ratio speaks inconclusively at best. If the EGB has issues with this on their turf, let them - it's their game, they call the shots. However, I personally believe that this does not qualify as "proof" of poor voting and therefore it will not be held against anyone here in the NGPD from here on out.

Is this understood?
----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
----------------------
Also to idol, I apologize on behalf of the NGPD for this little dispute. However, it is very poor show of you to resort to vulgarities and generalizations in such a minimally instigated retaliation. If you had acted as the better man and kept your cool, you would've made an ass out of half the NGPD. However, you acted as you did, and you've proven that you're no better than anyone else here.

Now I want to see not one more post on this matter. End of discussion.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-28 01:50:47

At 9/28/08 01:32 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Is this understood?

The thing is, I wasn't arguing about his"b/p ratio". I was having a conversation with sinskae, and then out of no where he calls us stereotypical faggots. This of course, stirs things up, so I ask him to leave. So there is really nothing you can apologize for.

Now it's the end of the discussion.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-09-28 02:42:04

At 9/28/08 01:50 AM, Gu-rrilla wrote: Now it's the end of the discussion.

Now that was over, anyway, just 30 B/Ps away and there will be a new Police Captain in town.