00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kmau just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club

127,047 Views | 1,160 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-06-12 03:34:45

Just got home from the incredible hulk. very enjoyable, further thoughts available at the forums.

Don't stay through the credits! There's nothing there, the big larger world reveal is before the credits.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-06-18 01:51:41

Like I said on the forum, I thought Hulk was ok, not the greatest flick ever, I'll probably see the next one though. Guess I just felt like maybe there was more that could be done here, and I really wasn't digging Liv Tyler as Betty Ross all that much.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-06-19 05:18:13

I picked up the first three Volumes of Punisher under the MAX setting ( or whatever you want call it) the other day. Spent the afternoon reading them and all I can say is I've still yet to come across anyone that can hold my attention like Garth Ennis can.

Looking to pick up a few more bits and pieces today, was thinking of going for some Batman, or trying to get a few more parts of Marvel Civil War. Or something else that catches my attention. Knowing me I'll probably walk out withThe Walking Dead or something like that.

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-06-19 09:08:13

I stumbled across a comic of mini series based around the Games Workshop ( they of Warhammer fame) games ' Blood Bowl'. Ther'es something very satisfying about reading it. Quite a decent little thing really with some real wit contained within it.

Picked up X-Men: Messiash CompleX as well as well as Batman: Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum also.

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-06-19 22:52:02

At 6/19/08 10:32 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I did the same thing, I went in to get some civil war books because I kept saying Id read them all and never did, and I walked out with preacher, which Im still not done with.

Preacher is awesome. Need to read the rest of the series ASAP.

I have two deaf students comin up this year, so Im reading about ASL.

I'm assuming ASL doesn't mean Age, Sex, Location?

Cutting into my summer leisure reading, and now, I cant have freaking conversations with aviewaskewed because he's all knowing and I have no clue what he's talking about.

Welcome to my world, except this happens with most people I know. I sit there nodding and smiling about whatever it is they're talking about until they somehow either move onto the subject of politics, music, comics ( whilst compared to you lot I know very litttle, to your average Joe I appear quite knowledgable), or sci fantasy books or stand up comedy. This greatly hinders my ability to get a date, for the most part girls don't seem to find my nerdiness endearing,

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-06-20 01:10:58

At 6/19/08 10:32 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Cutting into my summer leisure reading, and now, I cant have freaking conversations with aviewaskewed because he's all knowing and I have no clue what he's talking about.

That's cause I keep talking about Metal Gear, lol.

Been re-reading the Age of Apocalypse X-Men stuff. I think I'd like to see this as a regular series, those were great characters and I love the idea of Magneto leading a more militant X-Group.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-06-25 00:18:41

At 6/24/08 01:35 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Someone PMed me the other day and asked if I played Metal Gear because it was awesome.

It is indeed awesome. I think IDW was making comics for that too at one point

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-06-25 07:18:25

I have the first 6 issues of the Metal Gear comics, but they were $2 more per issue than the rest of my comics so I dropped them. Better to just play the first game anyway.

I've got MGS4, but friends keep telling me I have to play MGS3 first, even though I've completed every other game in the series.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-06-25 21:22:33

They just retold the story of MGS1 with a few extra bits. Not really worth it if you've played the game.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-06-26 00:48:37

Is this the place to discuss comic book creativity and original comic book ideas?

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-06-26 03:15:34

At 6/25/08 07:18 AM, Mr-Silv3r wrote: I've got MGS4, but friends keep telling me I have to play MGS3 first, even though I've completed every other game in the series.

Yeah you do, because there's huge stuff revealed in MGS4 that goes all the way back to MGS3 and what it's characters did after it ended. In many ways, MGS3 may have been the most important game of the series story wise.

ngman, we do occassionally discuss stuff like that here and on the forum, so yeah, it's allowed.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-06-26 03:36:10

I had a dream the other night about the fantastic four....except there was one major difference, Reed Richads was Autistic and had been diagnosed with Aspergers so his social skills were even more screwed up than they normally are.

This is what reading Civil War and eating cheese does to me.

Did give me quite a nice idea for a comic though. A mutant ( or whatever) with Aspergers would make a quite interesting charachter. They wouldn't have a clue about social interaction thus they would end up using their power at inappropriate times which could make it rather interesting. I can even see the opening page for it as well in my head.

I also re-read House of M. Much better 2nd time round. First time I read it wasn't that impressed.

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-06-30 01:51:57

At 6/26/08 03:36 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: I also re-read House of M. Much better 2nd time round. First time I read it wasn't that impressed.

The sidebar stuff was pretty good and interesting to me, the main book? Hated it and felt completely ripped off.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-01 02:54:12

Hate to bump this myself because it looks so damn tacky but:

After Mod Meat, I have exactly two Endless Crew hats left. I'm motivated to give them a good home so hit me up with some shipping info and such kids and we'll get it done. Since the guy what did 'em quit the net, this is a one of a kind item, but we may do more t-shirts or something one day...or if I ever decide to get something like Cafe Press working for me...but yeah, two hats, people want 'em, lemme know.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-01 04:53:41

Got the first Starman Omnibus yesterday.

Good shit.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-02 18:56:13

At 7/1/08 04:53 AM, Mr-Silv3r wrote: Got the first Starman Omnibus yesterday.

Good shit.

I just picked up the collection where he does into space and, at the risk of agreeing with scott tipton, it's just not good. I don't even mean the weakest part of a good series bad. I mean plain bad. The art is imbicilic, the dialog is bland, the charactarization just isn't there. It's just unreadable until they get to the Adam Strange part.
One particularly horrid scene had him landing on a planet where an aspect of Grundy had been able to grow because an aspect of Swamp thing had been there before. I'm not an astrophysisit but the odds of that are one in ain't fucking happening. The fact Grundy was drawn like he was Japanese and it was the 40's didn't help much.
Also, and I'm trying not to spoil plot points for an otherwise amazing series, near the start The Shade is talking about Matt O'Dare and says "There's more to him than meets the eye." Unless you're talking about a suprising gender choice or the fact he transforms into a car you don't get to use that phrase.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-04 01:12:00

I felt the space stuff was weak, but not outright bad. There's still some good stuff in that, but definitely it is the weakest part of the series, and sadly, since they haven't used Prince Gavyn or any of the stuff Robinson rebuilt, you can't even sit there and say "well, the work is not top notch, but at least it's an X got us to Y type situation". I won't bury it, since damn sure I have seen far far worse, but yeah, that isn't the strongest material in the series. But when Jack got back to Earth? Right back to bloody fucking brilliance.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-04 04:21:45

At 6/26/08 12:48 AM, ngman7 wrote: Is this the place to discuss comic book creativity and original comic book ideas?

Can I share my ideas here?

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-04 19:58:57

The fact that it picked up so immediatly when he got back to earth just goes to show that the dynamic was meant to be him in his city. Plus, you have to admit the art was fucking horrid for a while there.
The more Starman I read the more I wish they would make the tv show they planned on. mainly I want to see how they do a show about an anteiques dealer in the age of Ebay.And the one thing I didn't like about the overall Opal City narrative was that .....

Spoilers, for an old series but you should still read it, thus warning

He had his first shop blown up in the first issue, then he's between shops for a couple of years, and then the second he buys one he's off into space. Maybe that was done for some thematic reason but if the Jack Knight story was to be told again I definatly think they would have to work it to make his new store a real location in the series.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-04 22:03:39

At 6/26/08 12:48 AM, ngman7 wrote: Is this the place to discuss comic book creativity and original comic book ideas?

Yes.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-05 02:52:26

Why am I being ignored? I'm asking these quesions 'cause they won't let me start clubs for them.

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-07 01:11:20

At 7/5/08 02:52 AM, ngman7 wrote: Why am I being ignored? I'm asking these quesions 'cause they won't let me start clubs for them.

You aren't being ignored, we answered your questions, but your obviously not reading the thread to find the answers. If that's how your going to behave, you won't be welcome here anymore. Fair warning.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-08 16:49:59

I picked up a copy of the new batman cartoon movies today and it occured to me that Starman would work perfectly as a Batman: The Animated Series style cartoon. I know I've been talking a lot about Starman lately but getting obsessed about a series at a given time is just what I do.
That being said Jack Knight would fit that kind of format perfectly. The style of that show was just hard and adult enough to really tell stories and serve the character while allowing for casual cartoon viewing. All these years alter they could probably take it a bit further without going into Spawn territory.
And, dude the guy said yes, right above where you complained. How lazy are you? He even quoted you in his post showing exactly what question his yes was pertaining to incase there was some doubt.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-13 17:50:18

May I join?

I probably won't post here too often as I haven't got a wide knowledge of comic books but have started getting into them in recent years. I like the darker comics better and Batman is my thing completely. Cyanide and Happiness would be my favourite webcomic.

I recently read the Killing Joke which was simply an amazing story. I have also decided to purchase Watchmen as it seems to be one of the must reads of comics.

I plan to get through a few Batman stories. I have a problem at the moment though. I am going to buy Watchmen and one other comic soon and I was wondering what it should be. I have narrowed it down to three but if you can think of better ones please say. Should I buy:

Marvel Civil War

The Dark Knight Returns or

Batman: Year One.

I have also heard that Batman: A Death in the Family is a good read. I will eventually buy all of them but for the time being which one should I buy?

qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-14 18:02:14

Ok, I just posted my review of hellboy two on our site.
Now, someone else see this movie so I can talk about it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-18 23:47:56

At 7/13/08 05:50 PM, solardave wrote: The Dark Knight Returns or

Batman: Year One.

One of these. Year One would probably be a bit cheaper, and its still pretty much the definitive in-continuity origin for him. Dark Knight Returns though really has informed everyone's take on him since forever, and that did shine through in The Dark Knight as well.

Oh, and Dark Knight is fucking awesome, go see it now!!!

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-22 17:50:28

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-25 10:22:06

At 7/13/08 05:50 PM, solardave wrote: I have also heard that Batman: A Death in the Family is a good read. I will eventually buy all of them but for the time being which one should I buy?

A death n the family wasn't all that good in my opinion. Its worth getting if you're trying to get them all, but its not all that its cracked up to be.

At 7/24/08 09:57 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Batman > Superman

Batman Villains > Batman

Seriously. The villains are about the only thing that keep me interested in Batman. The Bat himself seems a bit too meh to me. Joker, Two Face, carecrow et al however are pure gold though.

Anyone ever read any Hellboy? Kind of curious about pciking some stuff up but am unsure. Also, Adventures of Luther Arkwright. Anyone read it? Any good? My mate has recomended it to me, but he's kind of biased as he's friend with the guy who wrote it.

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-25 13:58:51

At 7/25/08 10:22 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Anyone ever read any Hellboy?

I regularly read both Hellboy and BPRD and enjoy them both. Books get.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-07-25 14:50:09

At 7/25/08 01:58 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 7/25/08 10:22 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Anyone ever read any Hellboy?
I regularly read both Hellboy and BPRD and enjoy them both. Books get.

Heh, funky. Shall pick some up tomorrow then.