00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ScarletSentinel just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Avgn Fan Club!

132,660 Views | 920 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-09-02 17:20:28

my favorite episode is the friday the 13th one.

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-09-22 19:09:26

At 8/25/09 02:17 AM, MegaGold wrote:
At 8/24/09 05:48 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Most, or at least some, people know James has been married for a while now. Well, now we see his wife in a family photo. Holy shit, they look made for each other.

http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?p=2552
That one lady is sooo lucky, she actually has bragging rights. The AVGN has such a cult following. They do look like they are made for eachother, why isn't she ever in any of the AVGN episodes I wonder.

They should totally have an episode where she comes in and tells him to quiet down and stop cussing, or better yet, joins in on the review and cusses up a storm with him.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-09-22 19:19:02

At 9/22/09 07:09 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
They should totally have an episode where she comes in and tells him to quiet down and stop cussing, or better yet, joins in on the review and cusses up a storm with him.

She is mentioned in this video about the making of the Final Battle between AVGN and NC. Aparently Doug doesn't know how to tie a tie and none of the guys in the house did either so she did it for him. I laughed so hard at that part.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-09-30 19:30:32

At 9/2/09 05:20 PM, cool154 wrote: my favorite episode is the friday the 13th one.

My favorite is the Power Glove one. "Oh great. Top Gun with the Power Glove. It's like puking on a pile of sh*t! *Lands the plane perfectly*" Best. Reaction. Ever.

If you don't switch to Firefox, you are giving yourself over to IE and forcing yourself to live under its evil regime as a soulless zombie. No one wants that. No one.

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-09-30 19:33:17

hey i know yah love avng but what james wolfe himself and any of his great movies...i little horror/comdey helps.

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-09-30 21:21:35

Cinemassacre's Monster Madness Starts tomorrow. I really loved this the first year he did it, so I am excited for this. Godzillathon was good, but I like the daily videos. It gives me something to look forward to. I wonder what movies he will cover this year.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-02 22:45:29

Wayne's World Review

Pretty weak if you ask me. All he did was gripe about trivial things and splice in clips from the movie. Not one of his better ones. What do you guys think?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-03 10:20:51

At 10/2/09 10:45 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Pretty weak if you ask me. All he did was gripe about trivial things and splice in clips from the movie. Not one of his better ones. What do you guys think?

They can't all be epic like the Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle one. I'm happy getting a few extra laid back ones to help tide me over between the few wellproduced over-the-top ones. They're a lot like the earlier episodes where the game and its intrinsic crappiness were the star.

Also, on a Monster Madness related note, I'm attempting to watch as many of the movies that I've yet to see as is possible. Netflix didn't have Edison's Frankenstein or the spanish version of Dracula, but White Zombie was already in my instant cue so I'll be watching that tonight.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-03 14:23:39

At 10/3/09 12:20 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 10/2/09 10:45 PM, puddinN64 wrote: All he did was gripe about trivial things
And this is why people like you are the cancer that is killing AVGN.

And you're the cancer that's killing NG with posts like "ffffff-"

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-08 21:11:24

Castlevania Review

Looks like he is doing the entire series, including Simon's Quest. I think it is cool he is returning to one of the games that started it all.

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-12 02:35:49

On the note of Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle, I actually didn't find it all too entertaining, this is one of those instances where I would have enjoyed it without the gimmick. I don't know, it just didn't appeal to me.

Super Pitfall, I fucking loved, it's in my top 10 Favorite Nerd Videos, and perhaps top 3 of 09.

Godzilla was funny too, about a 5.5 out of 10.

Wayne's World I also believed was pretty funny, especially when he gets to the SNES review.

Castlevania was okay too, I'm interested on how this marathon will fare out.

And to finish, I've been following his Monster Madness too, being a sucker for classic movies, I am fascinated about a lot of these movies, I want to find them somewhere.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-18 19:43:02

At 10/8/09 09:11 PM, boloneyman wrote: Castlevania Review

Looks like he is doing the entire series, including Simon's Quest. I think it is cool he is returning to one of the games that started it all.

But it's always weird when he reviews games that are actually good. It feels dirty, like sleeping with a hooker.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-18 20:27:36

At 10/18/09 07:43 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 10/8/09 09:11 PM, boloneyman wrote: Castlevania Review

But it's always weird when he reviews games that are actually good. It feels dirty, like sleeping with a hooker.

Yeah, that rarely happens but when it does, it annoys me.

Nightmare on Elm Street and Bug Bunny's Birthday Blowout are both enjoyable games.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-18 20:39:51

At 10/12/09 02:35 AM, knuxrouge wrote:
And to finish, I've been following his Monster Madness too, being a sucker for classic movies, I am fascinated about a lot of these movies, I want to find them somewhere.

Same here. I found the Abominable Dr. Phibes on youtube and really enjoyed it. I like how this year he is looking at more obscure movies and discuses their innovation.

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-18 20:53:31

At 10/18/09 08:39 PM, boloneyman wrote:
At 10/12/09 02:35 AM, knuxrouge wrote:
Same here. I found the Abominable Dr. Phibes on youtube and really enjoyed it. I like how this year he is looking at more obscure movies and discuses their innovation.

Yeah, I love the Monster Madness series. Most of these films can be found on Youtube because they're not copyrighted. I also really enjoyed Dr. Phibes, head crushed by frog mask was a memorable death.

I thought 'The Man They Could Not Hang' was also excellent btw.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-22 14:15:00

Castlevania Part 2

I think he said he is making this a four part review and will start playing bad games again in December. I liked this review, my favorite part is the rant at then end about going balls to the wall.

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-24 02:43:09

Certainly good, but it was missing something that I can't put my finger on.
Well, for one, it felt waaay too fast for a 2 game review.

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-24 09:12:16

ooh yeah, I love James Rolfe's famed show. I also like Board James.
Can I join pls?

my furry stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-24 11:04:54

I don't undestand why he has to make videos about games like Castlevania, as if theres not enough shitty games to review?

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-10-24 20:37:12

At 10/24/09 11:04 AM, DeIirium wrote: I don't undestand why he has to make videos about games like Castlevania, as if theres not enough shitty games to review?

Give the guy a break. He wants to pay homage to one of his favorites and it happens to fall into the Halloween theme,

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-11-02 16:44:39

can i join? thank god theres more people

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-11-04 11:34:21

Did you heard Angry video game nerd theme (cusimo & co remix)

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-11-05 03:48:57

I seem to be like the only one enjoying the marathon, if I'm wrong and others are enjoying it too then.....

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-11-05 08:26:51

I don't particularly mind the Castlevania marathon. I was wondering what he was going to do for Halloween and Castlevania made sense, even if he's more happy than angry in these reviews. The break from shitty games is well earned. They're not his best reviews but still enjoyable nonetheless.

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-11-05 13:17:06

There seems to be one last part of the marathon.
I'm guessing since it said "To be Concluded".

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-11-13 17:47:34

i seen all his videos 3 times im a huge fan sign me up

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-11-13 17:51:25

I want to join. Can't wait for Castlevania part 4!

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-11-13 23:30:55

Right now the Angry Video Game Nerd is one of the top nominees for the Mashable Open Web Awards in the category of Best Online Web Video Series.

Here is the link,you can vote more than once if you want.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-11-19 03:35:56

BBS Signature

Response to The Avgn Fan Club! 2009-11-19 11:09:06

As predicted, he reviewed Symphony of the Night, which I've heard so much about. That and Super Castlevania IV are games I'll have to pick up sometime, especially Symphony of the Night considering how much of a PS1 fanatic I should be. I loved how he concluded his Castlevania marathon and I look forward to the return of shitty games in the next review.