00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Building MindChamber

66,201 Views | 521 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-04-27 00:25:20

It's coming along pretty good I guess but why's it taking you so damn long? It's been like 2 months. Why didn't you just put a week aside of hardcore working on it as much as you can to get it finished?

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-04-27 13:47:25

Radioshack comes through again. :P

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-04-27 15:45:25

so is the battery gonna stay external to the model or does it actually go into it? (maybe even as a counterweight for the weight distribution problem?) It looks fantastic, but how sturdy is it? As in is it pretty fragile, or can it fall over without much worry of it breaking?

Roll Fizzlebeef

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-04-27 19:01:11

At 4/26/08 05:13 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Built MindChamber!

haha Gothclawz: as worthless as ever.

At 4/27/08 12:25 AM, MadCow wrote: It's coming along pretty good I guess but why's it taking you so damn long? It's been like 2 months. Why didn't you just put a week aside of hardcore working on it as much as you can to get it finished?

this was meant to be a leisurely project, if you read the first couple of posts I mention finishing this by mid summer, and as you can see Im actually ahead of schedule.

At 4/27/08 03:45 PM, slimt2100 wrote: so is the battery gonna stay external to the model or does it actually go into it? (maybe even as a counterweight for the weight distribution problem?) It looks fantastic, but how sturdy is it? As in is it pretty fragile, or can it fall over without much worry of it breaking?

The clay is pretty hard, it wouldnt smash from a table or anything. as for sturdiness, I wouldnt say it is, since its the hydraulics that hold it together and not gears that snap, like in most toys, still its sturdy enough to hold its pose, so thats good enough.

At 4/26/08 11:31 PM, mrwinneranimator wrote:
P.S. How can you trust something to Wade? :p

wades a crafty dude. he knows his electronics

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-04-27 19:23:13

At 4/25/08 09:31 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 4/25/08 05:18 PM, Undertone wrote: Never knew Wade was the closet-electrician type.
OMG WHAT?

Wade... You're the shit.

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-04-27 21:55:38

At 4/27/08 07:01 PM, MindChamber wrote:
At 4/27/08 12:25 AM, MadCow wrote: It's coming along pretty good I guess but why's it taking you so damn long? It's been like 2 months. Why didn't you just put a week aside of hardcore working on it as much as you can to get it finished?
this was meant to be a leisurely project, if you read the first couple of posts I mention finishing this by mid summer, and as you can see Im actually ahead of schedule.

I'm really anticipating the final result. I take a sculpting class at school so this is relevant to my interests.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-04-28 10:30:53

At 4/25/08 09:16 AM, MindChamber wrote:
Im still not happy with his weight distribution, as the pipes on his back make him really top heavy.
granted he doesn't topple over on a breath of air, but his more dynamic poses where he leans bent over, has him face planting. aside from that, its lookin good and ready to be sanded and primed.

Maybe hollowing out those feet a filling them with a little lead, or some low temp alloy.

Rotometals.com

Of course you'd have to seal the feet back up with something. NG doesn't need MindChamber all looped up off lead poisoning.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-04-28 12:48:24

At 4/28/08 10:30 AM, PunchOrBePunched wrote:
At 4/25/08 09:16 AM, MindChamber wrote:
Im still not happy with his weight distribution, as the pipes on his back make him really top heavy.
granted he doesn't topple over on a breath of air, but his more dynamic poses where he leans bent over, has him face planting. aside from that, its lookin good and ready to be sanded and primed.
Maybe hollowing out those feet a filling them with a little lead, or some low temp alloy.

Rotometals.com

Of course you'd have to seal the feet back up with something. NG doesn't need MindChamber all looped up off lead poisoning.

actually you gave me a great idea.
I could make sure it stands on a metal plate of some sort and fill the feet with magnets.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-04-28 15:21:59

But wouldn't that remove some of the positions you could pose it in? I mean that means he'd have to be standing in order for some kind of stability. Kneeling forwards would be impossible, leaning back etc. I'd think hallowing out the feet and perhaps adding some extra weight to the shins might provide some supportive weight.

Just my two cents, could be horribly wrong about all of that :P

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-04-28 15:44:13

I love it !
If it will be like a toy, and you gone put this in shop, i am going to buy it !!!
Very beautiful and original robot.
Keep working, and made a cool statue.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-04-28 17:27:16

are you going puts this on for sale but how much mmm.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-04-28 17:28:40

At 4/28/08 03:21 PM, MaestroRage wrote: But wouldn't that remove some of the positions you could pose it in? I mean that means he'd have to be standing in order for some kind of stability. Kneeling forwards would be impossible, leaning back etc. I'd think hallowing out the feet and perhaps adding some extra weight to the shins might provide some supportive weight.

Just my two cents, could be horribly wrong about all of that :P

well on a hunch I think the magnets would lock either way...say I have him kneeling.. I would position him kneeling off the metal plate, then slide him over to the plate and the magnets would lock thru the clay . also the toes bend so if he is kneel only the toes would be touching the plate.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-10 02:47:48

couldn't sleep,

and I was tired of sanding, and not making any progress,

So I started modeling joey (the little boy) out of clay.

this is about 1 hour and a half of work, so its got some ways to go,

but Im happy with it for now, cause I'm finally tired.

Building MindChamber

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-10 02:48:09

word

Building MindChamber

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-10 05:32:18

At 5/10/08 02:48 AM, MindChamber wrote: word

touching

Deviantcrap - PHOTOGRAPHY??

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-10 23:22:07

hey MC is looking very awesome indeed, but Im just suggesting, once you are finished with the MC robot will you glue it so it wont move out of 1 pose or not.

and also since you have awesome sculpting skills you should make like a whole series of NG characters like pico, nene, darnell, dad, salad fingers

and put them all in a big collection

GAMERTAG: robm227

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-11 01:14:42

relax you just have fun it looks koolio have fun

keep ur friggen eyelids down

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-11 09:30:14

Just look how good it will be once you start coloring it and put all the final touches on it.

Everything I see is just a image of my thoughts "Always looking for a better day..."

What's your fastest reaction time?

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-11 10:44:10

At 5/11/08 09:30 AM, Lost-Wisdom wrote: Just look how good it will be once you start coloring it and put all the final touches on it.

ya I cant wait, I have the paint ready I gotta add all these small eyeglass kit scews everywhere to make him more "steampunk-y"

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-11 10:53:26

At 5/10/08 02:48 AM, MindChamber wrote: word

I love the imagery, i can just imagine that as part of a scene in one of your movies.
Chilling.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-11 10:56:19

At 5/11/08 10:44 AM, MindChamber wrote:
At 5/11/08 09:30 AM, Lost-Wisdom wrote: Just look how good it will be once you start coloring it and put all the final touches on it.
ya I cant wait, I have the paint ready I gotta add all these small eyeglass kit scews everywhere to make him more "steampunk-y"

Are your trying to copy that one dude that won the munny contest? MindChamber was never that steampunk to me, much more cyberpunk.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-11 11:41:09

come on, come on, Cant wait dude!

A-w-E-s-O-m-E

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-11 15:03:35

EPIC! 100millionthousand times the detail I would of thought possible.
Joints are insane, lights are nice and simple. Don't let any 3 year olds play with it once it's done.
Looks like you're having fun.
LURV it Bro.

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-12 16:29:51

At 5/11/08 10:56 AM, HappyBull wrote:
Are your trying to copy that one dude that won the munny contest? MindChamber was never that steampunk to me, much more cyberpunk.

nahhh steampunk was invented waay before senti's munni submission. the reason for the steampunk style came about when I was describing his design in a live action sense, and realized he didn't fit the era and style he was built from.. Not to mention he looked too similar to Intra-Face, his more advanced brother.

At 5/11/08 03:03 PM, HuIk wrote: EPIC! 100millionthousand times the detail I would of thought possible.
Joints are insane, lights are nice and simple. Don't let any 3 year olds play with it once it's done.
Looks like you're having fun.
LURV it Bro.

thanks man, Its definitely an experiment in progress, hes alot more crumbly lookin in person due to the over cooking, :(... but for some reason it adds to the charm :-p

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-12 16:41:58

GoGo mindchamber!
GoGo mindchamber!

Best band ever, click it.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-12 20:15:38

Man this stuff inspires me to want to mold something.

Mna that's gonna be pretty badass when painted, hell it's already badass! Nice work :D

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-12 20:30:38

Not even finished yet and looks insane! You should look into getting these produced in the future, there are many people including me who'd buy one.

The Juggernauts will awaken...

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-13 13:42:28

At 5/12/08 08:30 PM, ZombieKangaroo wrote: Not even finished yet and looks insane! You should look into getting these produced in the future, there are many people including me who'd buy one.

And me. I love it. Keep it up man ;]

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-13 17:18:42

thanks for the positive feedback guys.

hes getting primed in the morning, should be interesting to see him in black.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-05-13 19:20:10

omg yay

BBS Signature