00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kazukino55 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

142,234 Views | 1,235 Replies

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-09-29 13:46:30

i've been waiting for about 12 days, i hope they get to it soon, im a lil impatient but i guess i'm gonna have to wait =\

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-09-29 14:22:38

I had to wait 28 days 1 month ago, just be patient. :)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-10-05 04:12:07

At 9/29/10 01:46 PM, joethesouleater wrote: i've been waiting for about 12 days, i hope they get to it soon, im a lil impatient but i guess i'm gonna have to wait =\

You have been approved.

The list is fairly long, but I believe it's been much worse, where people had to wait over a month and such.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-10-22 00:08:38

I'm hoping a moderator reads this before I get banned/approved. I submitted my first tune recently, and it's a blatantly similar cover to the original. But with all the covers floating around the Audio Portal I figured I was covered, haha. Just to be on the safe side I left as much information as I knew about the origins of the tune before it fell into my hands in my description. Then I stumbled upon this enlightening thread, Do Not..., in which I found that it's best to take a narrow rather than an open view of the rules for audio submissions here. Before that I'd only seen explicit warnings on sampling. Since Fluid R3 is Public Domain, I figured I was in the clear. I also figured when I posted that there'd be a warning or something if I'd gone slightly over the line (since I feel my post is in a gray area even judging by the above thread's strict standards.) Now I can't even retract my submission. I just don't want to get banned for this.

I blame the drugs.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-10-22 00:17:46

At 10/22/10 12:08 AM, WerewNC wrote: Stuff

Check yo inbox

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-10-22 01:13:06

That was quick. Thanks.

I blame the drugs.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-10-22 01:35:38

At 10/22/10 01:13 AM, WerewNC wrote: That was quick.

Thats what she said.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-12-27 14:21:33

Forgive me for possibly sounding like a noob, but how long on average does it take to gfet approved ?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-12-27 15:02:24

At 12/27/10 02:21 PM, TakeOverStereo wrote: Forgive me for possibly sounding like a noob, but how long on average does it take to gfet approved ?

Also, is it possible to edit your submission while it's waiting for approval ? I accidentally submitted the wrong loop. >.<

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-12-29 10:32:38

It's been several months already (I don't know how many) and Hybridization is still awaiting approval. Something is wrong.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-12-29 11:33:43

At 12/29/10 10:32 AM, Phenom9 wrote: It's been several months already (I don't know how many) and Hybridization is still awaiting approval. Something is wrong.

Hybridization has been banned. he has MANY submissions, even a few that have made it into the portal at one point. i do not know the reason for his ban but i will look into it

phenom, you have been approved but do not have any submissions at this time. So you are ok to upload music.

TAKEOVERSTEREO: It is not possible to edit your submissions while you are in the audio approval phase.
You had made a submission consisting of 3 notes. usually we ban for that because it is seen as audio spam.
Upload your track that you meant to upload and i will review it. PM me when you have done so.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-12-29 15:51:40

At 12/29/10 11:33 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: Hybridization has been banned. he has MANY submissions, even a few that have made it into the portal at one point. i do not know the reason for his ban but i will look into it

Thank you. As they say, there are no women on Newgrounds. Hybridization (female) was suspicious... Just kidding. So if the tracks are possibly stolen, where were they stolen from? A reverse audio search engine would be helpful :P

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-12-29 16:16:02

At 12/29/10 11:33 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: Upload your track that you meant to upload and i will review it. PM me when you have done so.

Okay, thank you, and I have done as you asked. :)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-12-29 19:03:55

hey guys just uploaded my first song, just letting you know

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-12-29 19:41:43

At 12/29/10 07:03 PM, Guique wrote: hey guys just uploaded my first song, just letting you know

Cool story bro.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-12-30 10:11:18

At 12/29/10 07:03 PM, Guique wrote: hey guys just uploaded my first song, just letting you know

Approved...Why so soon when other people have to wait?

2 MAJOR REASONS:

1. You actually took the time to find this thread.

2. In you submission where it says "Authors Comments" , you had explained how you had recorded the song and what software you had used. (Doing this simple little thing makes our jobs sooooooo much easier).

Whenever new submitters make our job easier I personally will do a faster job. Faster job means less wait time on your submissions. Less wait time on your submissions means audio traffic flows smoothly.
And when things flow like a BIG FIBER FILLED DUMP you will find that the Audio moderators can do a better job answering questions about the audio portal and all in all doing our job better.

So Guique, I really hope everyone follows your example.

This bear has great flow

Awaiting Audio Approval?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-01-12 16:46:46

I am quite anxious to have my submission approved as I would love feedback as to where to bring the loop in making it a full length song. For feedback alone, I wish we could submit audio to the dumping ground but I feel the song itself is worthy enough as a stand-alone loop, which is why I submitted it. I have been showing it to everyone I know for feedback but I would love, unadulterated, unbiased (cruel) opinions.

Also I think that Newgrounds is a site that is well run and managed but is plagued by its own fame, you need to hire or promote or reassign mods to deal with the backlog. I would suggest me but of course, you don't know me from Adam (and Adam likes the Jonas Brothers :/) and it would probably be a conflict of interests.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-01-16 07:42:50

I submitted a song I made by converting a piano sheet to .mid using Noteworthy Composer, and then adding guitar.

I've been waiting five or six days, and I was wondering if it is going to get approved soon, or if its been banned.

If a mod has a minute to check and approve it, I would be greatful...

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-01-16 08:10:25

At 1/16/11 07:42 AM, lcarensaudio wrote: I submitted a song I made by converting a piano sheet to .mid using Noteworthy Composer, and then adding guitar.

I've been waiting five or six days, and I was wondering if it is going to get approved soon, or if its been banned.

If a mod has a minute to check and approve it, I would be greatful...

I first misread it as "I took a midi and opened it in Notoworthy composer", lol. Then I read again and decided you have put effort in it rather than just grabbing the midi and slapping instruments on.

You're approved.

Note to others waiting: It was his turn.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-01-16 08:32:28

Thank you.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-02-06 14:26:42

It's been a week since I submitted my song, and if I have to wait another week or two, I can do that. However, I have a couple of questions. When would it be an appropriate time to PM a mod regarding audio approval? And should PMing a mod only be used as a last resort?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-02-07 19:20:14

Oh, and another question. What if I try to sumbit another song when my first one's still waiting to be approved?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-02-07 19:22:59

At 2/7/11 07:20 PM, Giantsgiants wrote: Oh, and another question. What if I try to sumbit another song when my first one's still waiting to be approved?

Sorry, I meant to say "submit" in my last post. There didn't seem to be a way to edit it.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-02-07 19:25:54

At 2/7/11 07:20 PM, Giantsgiants wrote: Oh, and another question. What if I try to sumbit another song when my first one's still waiting to be approved?

That would work without problem, you'd just give the audio moderators more work by giving them more to listen to.

Either way, you're approved.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-02-08 04:48:48

This thread was locked epic fail on that mods part because he didn't leave a lock statement. FEAR I can smell it.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-02-10 08:37:14

After seeing this thread and reading through the first post (and some of the supplementary materials) I am still a bit vexed as to how Video Game rearrangements are treated during this process. As my first upload was such (and apparently still awaiting approval) I am curious as to whether such an infraction would result in my banning from the audio portal? If such is the case, I am afraid I have to renege my submission as it no longer fits site acceptable criterion.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-02-10 10:31:45

At 2/10/11 08:37 AM, Chickenwarlord wrote: After seeing this thread and reading through the first post (and some of the supplementary materials) I am still a bit vexed as to how Video Game rearrangements are treated during this process. As my first upload was such (and apparently still awaiting approval) I am curious as to whether such an infraction would result in my banning from the audio portal? If such is the case, I am afraid I have to renege my submission as it no longer fits site acceptable criterion.

you had submitted audio today... of course you are still waiting for approval. If your music is a direct midi rip of a video game song and all you did was change the synths you will be banned. If you had composed the music yourself then you will be approved. that is how it works

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-02-11 15:57:44

It's only been a few days for me, but to my knowledge, there haven't been any moderators online. I'm in no hurry, I just want my song to be heard asap

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-02-11 16:20:17

At 2/11/11 04:18 PM, alexrediculous wrote: I submitted my VA demo yesterday, but I'm worried now. I used some Nintendo songs in the background to keep the flow going and whatnot but I figure I shouldn't have done that now. Should I wait on resubmitting without music or should I submit a new version anyways?

PM SENT

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-02-12 18:43:59

At 2/12/11 05:39 PM, friendlyshoe wrote: For people curious on how long it takes, I just got approved today, after 11 days. Thanks mods!

*takes bow*