Be a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

  • 102,244 Views
  • 1,277 Replies
New Topic
Shoephly
Shoephly
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-08-29 14:43:28

At 8/28/11 04:18 PM, WhistlerMusicUK wrote: Hi guys,

Apparently I submitted on the 10th of August... Have I been banned or am I coming up on the waiting list? I'm not after a quick approval, I'm happy to wait my turn but I would like to know if I've been banned and you need some more information from me.

Thanks!

The quickest way to check whether you've been banned is to simply upload another song, if it works you haven't been banned (yet).
Then you can always delete the second track if you don't want it up (yet), that's once you've finally been approved.

Hope i helped ya out a little with this information, good luck mate!

DigitalDisasterXL
DigitalDisasterXL
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-08-29 17:25:07

Hey all. I submitted a dubstep mix and made sure to follow the guidelines down to a "t" (as in no samples, etc) I have another account i used to be rap songs on (ozzfestfreak2) but opened this up to start posting dubstep. My question is basically if for some reason the song gets disapproved, is there a message or email saying so?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I have to work and cant read 30 pages of this topic right now.

__DigitalDisaster

DraftZero
DraftZero
  • Member since: Jul. 1, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-02 13:09:29

We have submitted two songs, none have been approved yet. We suppose this isn't weird, as the second song literally got uploaded 2 minutes ago. The first song was uploaded around 1 month ago, though!


BBS Signature
VooDooCompositions
VooDooCompositions
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-02 13:35:19

Not rushing or anything, but just putting it out there that I've got two submissions waiting to be approved. Like I said, no rush.

Shoephly
Shoephly
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-02 13:56:06

At 9/2/11 01:35 PM, VooDooCompositions wrote: Not rushing or anything, but just putting it out there that I've got two submissions waiting to be approved. Like I said, no rush.

Don't worry, they won't.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-02 15:11:10

At 8/27/11 10:10 PM, SoberTank wrote: Thank you for your time.

Approved.

At 8/28/11 04:18 PM, WhistlerMusicUK wrote: Thanks!

Approved.

At 8/29/11 05:25 PM, DigitalDisasterXL wrote: __DigitalDisaster

PM'd.

At 9/2/11 01:09 PM, DraftZero wrote: The first song was uploaded around 1 month ago, though!

Approved.

At 9/2/11 01:35 PM, VooDooCompositions wrote: Like I said, no rush.

Approved.

That should be everyone new on this page, let me know if I missed someone.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Saturnvandel
Saturnvandel
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-02 16:01:03

ok so I uploaded a song or two (i think) Months ago. It was my fist time, it said awaiting approval and stuff but now its gone as if I never uploaded anything. I may have made a mistake. trying again, I just wish I new what I did wrong.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-02 16:04:33

At 9/2/11 04:01 PM, Saturnvandel wrote: ok so I uploaded a song or two (i think) Months ago. It was my fist time, it said awaiting approval and stuff but now its gone as if I never uploaded anything. I may have made a mistake. trying again, I just wish I new what I did wrong.

It appears you've been banned, I couldn't tell you why, because the track has been removed (Which has been happening a lot lately, don't know why), and I wasn't the one who banned you.

In any case, you'll have to create a new account if you wish to try submitting again, please read the submission rules carefully before submitting.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Saturnvandel
Saturnvandel
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-02 16:14:56

At 9/2/11 04:04 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 9/2/11 04:01 PM, Saturnvandel wrote: ok so I uploaded a song or two (i think) Months ago. It was my fist time, it said awaiting approval and stuff but now its gone as if I never uploaded anything. I may have made a mistake. trying again, I just wish I new what I did wrong.
It appears you've been banned, I couldn't tell you why, because the track has been removed (Which has been happening a lot lately, don't know why), and I wasn't the one who banned you.

In any case, you'll have to create a new account if you wish to try submitting again, please read the submission rules carefully before submitting.

----------------------------------------
-----------

arent I supposed to get an alert or something? I am not convinced. (no offense to you) but I will try to put up another song, all my stuff is 100% original. I will see what it says. If I make a new account, do I get to keep my artist name? its my name...saturnvandel dont wanna lose it.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-02 16:19:00

At 9/2/11 04:14 PM, Saturnvandel wrote:
At 9/2/11 04:04 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 9/2/11 04:01 PM, Saturnvandel wrote: ok so I uploaded a song or two (i think) Months ago. It was my fist time, it said awaiting approval and stuff but now its gone as if I never uploaded anything. I may have made a mistake. trying again, I just wish I new what I did wrong.
It appears you've been banned, I couldn't tell you why, because the track has been removed (Which has been happening a lot lately, don't know why), and I wasn't the one who banned you.

In any case, you'll have to create a new account if you wish to try submitting again, please read the submission rules carefully before submitting.
----------------------------------------
-----------

arent I supposed to get an alert or something? I am not convinced. (no offense to you) but I will try to put up another song, all my stuff is 100% original. I will see what it says. If I make a new account, do I get to keep my artist name? its my name...saturnvandel dont wanna lose it.

No, there are no warnings, we have zero tolerance for breaking the rules when it comes to first submissions, new users to the Audio Portal are expected to read and follow the submission rules the first time, and if they don't, they will face the consequences without warning or second chances.

As for your name, it could be possible to ask NG staff to change the name of your new account, however, seeing as this one is still named saturnvandel, it could pose a problem. I would just suggest creating your new account with a minor alteration, such as saturn-vandel or something to avoid the hassle if you really want to keep that name.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Saturnvandel
Saturnvandel
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-02 16:48:36

At 9/2/11 04:19 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 9/2/11 04:14 PM, Saturnvandel wrote:
At 9/2/11 04:04 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 9/2/11 04:01 PM, Saturnvandel wrote: ok so I uploaded a song or two (i think) Months ago. It was my fist time, it said awaiting approval and stuff but now its gone as if I never uploaded anything. I may have made a mistake. trying again, I just wish I new what I did wrong.
It appears you've been banned, I couldn't tell you why, because the track has been removed (Which has been happening a lot lately, don't know why), and I wasn't the one who banned you.

In any case, you'll have to create a new account if you wish to try submitting again, please read the submission rules carefully before submitting.
----------------------------------------
-----------

arent I supposed to get an alert or something? I am not convinced. (no offense to you) but I will try to put up another song, all my stuff is 100% original. I will see what it says. If I make a new account, do I get to keep my artist name? its my name...saturnvandel dont wanna lose it.
No, there are no warnings, we have zero tolerance for breaking the rules when it comes to first submissions, new users to the Audio Portal are expected to read and follow the submission rules the first time, and if they don't, they will face the consequences without warning or second chances.

As for your name, it could be possible to ask NG staff to change the name of your new account, however, seeing as this one is still named saturnvandel, it could pose a problem. I would just suggest creating your new account with a minor alteration, such as saturn-vandel or something to avoid the hassle if you really want to keep that name.

----------------------------
no appeals or nothing? harsh, I understand disapproving, copyright protection, etc. but banned and I dont even know what I did? I have an urge to fight this. I mean its messed up, just a little.
ill read over the audio rules (for the nth time). and/or see what the deal is about getting un-banned

I know you'll say "zero tolerance" "no -second chance" but im thinking I cant be the only one with this issue. I enjoy NG too much to feel burned like this...

Saturnvandel
Saturnvandel
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-02 16:50:33

thanks for the help, by the way

shadowsoflight777
shadowsoflight777
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-02 19:36:44

Hi there! I uploaded a song on August 11 and it still hasn't gone through, just wondering how things are going.

Thanks!

shadowsoflight777
shadowsoflight777
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-03 11:52:37

At 9/2/11 07:36 PM, shadowsoflight777 wrote: Hi there! I uploaded a song on August 11 and it still hasn't gone through, just wondering how things are going.

Thanks!

Sweet it's up now...Thanks!!!

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-03 19:30:56

At 9/3/11 11:52 AM, shadowsoflight777 wrote:
Sweet it's up now...Thanks!!!

NP ;) Welcome to NG Audio.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-05 04:10:06

At 9/5/11 01:43 AM, Adisky wrote: Still waiting for my loop to get posted.. :/

The waiting period can be anywhere from 2 weeks to a month or more. I've heard it's gone up to two months before...

PM one of the audio mods with more descriptive details of your "loop" and they may help you quicker. Be sure to tell them what program you used, and what samples you used. Whether it was a MIDI rip or not, and whether it was a cover or not. A list of audio moderators can be found HERE.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-05 04:46:17

Honestly, I was trying to get you to click the FAQ link... lol

You can go ahead and PM me your song details and I'll have a listen

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-05 04:59:47

You know what, don't worry about it, I was able to conference with another audio mod and we've both agreed to approve you ahead of the cue.

Look forward to hearing more tracks from you.

NinjaOnShrooms
NinjaOnShrooms
  • Member since: Nov. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-05 13:11:25

Hey guys, I know that approval can take a while and tbh I think i've only been waiting about a week give or take, but I was wondering if I could get my track looked into. I'll pm a audio mod if it takes more then 2 or 3 weeks but if the mods happen to check this thread often it would be nice. I have a bunch of other half finished songs i'm dying to share with NG. Thanks a bunch

Dothelala
Dothelala
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-05 18:16:06

Hello, I submitted a loop on august 27th and it still hasn't been approved. I'd like to know what's going on since I want to upload more stuff and contribute. Thanks.

Dothelala
Dothelala
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-05 18:17:47

Nevermind, I just got approved lol

nicholasmetts
nicholasmetts
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-06 23:39:04

I've been waiting for a while for an approval. Could someone please approve me?

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-07 18:42:22

At 9/6/11 11:39 PM, nicholasmetts wrote: I've been waiting for a while for an approval. Could someone please approve me?

Just got to you on the waiting list, approved. Show us some more great classical music. :D

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-08 00:03:40

At 9/7/11 11:59 PM, Sehcnew wrote: Oh and I forgot an image.

What are you going on about?

I'm confused
H4llucin8
H4llucin8
  • Member since: Sep. 15, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-15 19:33:53

OK now i know the ropes. lol this really helped out a lot! i've been waiting a couple hours and i got worried. i thought it was within a day but now that i see all these people waiting like months, my case seems tiny lol
keep up the good work mods! and I assure you that every millisecond of my song was made entirely by me. so i got no worries :)

Demonicfirgure
Demonicfirgure
  • Member since: Aug. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-16 03:38:24

I've submited one of my band's songs like 10 days ago and it hasn't got approved yet

  • The Beauty Of My Sorrow
    The Beauty Of My Sorrow by Demonicfirgure

    Click to listen.

    Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Heavy Metal
    Popularity
    3 Views

Could somebody explain why ?

Thanks .

Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-16 04:01:27

At 9/16/11 03:38 AM, Demonicfirgure wrote: I've submited one of my band's songs like 10 days ago and it hasn't got approved yet
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 43903
Could somebody explain why ?

Thanks .

The waiting list is can be pretty big sometimes so the approval time could take from one day to one month.

It was going to be your turn pretty soon but I approved you anyway. You would've probably been approved more quickly if you gave more info on how your band made the song, which part of the band you played in, what software/hardware you used, etc... because doing that makes the job a lot easier for audio moderators to make sure that you're not stealing music or anything.

In any case, welcome to the Audio Portal!


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Demonicfirgure
Demonicfirgure
  • Member since: Aug. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-16 07:55:21

Oh thanks a lot man . I really appreciate it and I'll try to add the informatons that you have mentioned

Buztid
Buztid
  • Member since: Sep. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-24 14:06:07

ive been waiting for a week or more now. ughh.

Everlist
Everlist
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2011-09-25 00:47:12

I have made a thread here about my waiting time!
(you should make this thread sticky, I didn't spot it.)

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1273 089