00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

962,157 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-20 14:17:06

Happy Birthday Nae. Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-20 20:32:52

Happy birthday, 'Nae. The Art forum still has the hots for you.

Now, about the pressure stuff...

At 5/20/11 12:10 AM, Kumakun4 wrote: The way I see it, drawing with a tablet is kind of like trying to jog with weights tied to your ankles, wrists and waist. [...]

What he said, I like this analogy much.

So much talking about the pressure on the tablet made me thought about the pencil tool, that stranger.
I'd like to make cool stuff in MSPaint, like the cool guys can... One day, when I have balls enough.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-20 20:38:56

hapAY BriTHday Nae!! <3

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-20 20:40:25

At 5/20/11 08:32 PM, BizarroJoe wrote:
So much talking about the pressure on the tablet made me thought about the pencil tool, that stranger.
I'd like to make cool stuff in MSPaint, like the cool guys can... One day, when I have balls enough.

I like to sketch on mspaint because it makes me more confident in my lines, the same feeling happens to me when I draw with pen.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-20 23:18:08

Happy Birthday, Nae!

At 5/20/11 01:53 AM, Knocturne wrote: But jogging with weights on will damage your knees and elbows and stuff

Not really. You just keep on running with the weights until it feels like, without running, that you're walking on air. And then you keep wearing them. Same applies to Guitar Hero, wearing Chainmail, or any other skill that involves hard work and persistence. Which is all of them.

Not that being able to draw with a pencil isn't a valuable skill, mind you.

Also, LEVEL UP LOL

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 00:18:18

No it puts more strain on your knees, thus destroying the cartilage. At the very least, it can lead to arthritis, it's why you aren't supposed to run on the sand as training.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 00:36:11

So according to this Christain idiot dude.
The rapture should be happening where aigis lives.

either way....aigis is still there

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 00:47:29

At 5/21/11 12:36 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: So according to this Christain idiot dude.
The rapture should be happening where aigis lives.

either way....aigis is still there

Yeah, it's pretty sweet, dude. There's a shitload of people just floating around in the air.

And a shitload more standing on the ground, looking up their skirts.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 01:52:47

I'm preparing for Velocirapture.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 02:04:48

Only those with the freshest, most succulent livers will be saved...

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 03:01:16

Happy late bday Nae :)
Also yeah, wouldn't it suck if there just happened to be an earthquake the same day as rapture? Err body would go nuts.

hi guys..

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 03:56:17

well its officially th.e rapture where i live.
No one is missing
Theres no chaos.

WHAT THE FUCK! I was promised sinners like me would be left on earth to soak in anarchy. Im fucking pissed, i had all the kitchen knives sorted out, a machete i sharpened very well, and hobo battle armor i will never use....i want some sort of compensation for the money and time i wasted preparing for my manhunt.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 04:42:56

The rapture isn't supposed to happen until 6pm though... so we have a bit. BTW to all those who's b-days I've missed, I'M SORRY! I've been preoccupied and cracked out on amitriptylene...

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 06:50:09

At 5/21/11 03:56 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: WHAT THE FUCK! I was promised sinners like me would be left on earth to soak in anarchy. Im fucking pissed, i had all the kitchen knives sorted out, a machete i sharpened very well, and hobo battle armor i will never use....i want some sort of compensation for the money and time i wasted preparing for my manhunt.

I would lol so hard if the earth soaking in anarchy ends up in this becoming a beautiful world, where everyone is holding hands and rainbows and fluffy bunnies.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 07:15:21

hey hey guys, how is everybody feelin'?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 07:16:17

I'm graduating today, so the world had better not end, or the first person I'm dragging down to hell with me is the guy who predicted it.

in case you didn't know, the guy who said the rapture's today pretty much declared that the only people that would be saved would be him and everybody he likes. Like that wasn't predictable.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 07:33:07

At 5/21/11 07:16 AM, Felis wrote: I'm graduating today, so the world had better not end, or the first person I'm dragging down to hell with me is the guy who predicted it.

Grats on the gradumacation!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 12:38:03

At 5/21/11 07:15 AM, Hyptosis wrote: hey hey guys, how is everybody feelin'?

squishy. Some parts less squishy. Mostly squishy?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 12:43:10

At 5/21/11 07:16 AM, Felis wrote: I'm graduating today, so the world had better not end, or the first person I'm dragging down to hell with me is the guy who predicted it.

Congratulations, man!
Armageddon, psh. Some people are dipshits.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 12:46:40

What no Raptor Jesus? Aww :(

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 13:59:48

At 5/21/11 03:56 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote:
WHAT THE FUCK! I was promised sinners like me would be left on earth to soak in anarchy. Im fucking pissed, i had all the kitchen knives sorted out, a machete i sharpened very well, and hobo battle armor i will never use....i want some sort of compensation for the money and time i wasted preparing for my manhunt.

Well that is the most unique way of preparing for a rapture lol. I only found out the day before it was happening I've been laughing my head off. Maybe thats cause I'm a sinner.

~Art is in the eye of the beholder. If that is true I must be blind.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 14:44:52

I'm not wearing pants.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 14:49:40

At 5/21/11 02:44 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
I'm not wearing pants.

He's also squishy.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 16:50:58

Rapture in 4 hours! Raptor Jesus SAVE ME!!!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 16:53:06

At 5/21/11 04:50 PM, silversunned wrote: Rapture in 4 hours! Raptor Jesus SAVE ME!!!

the rapture was 4 hours ago here, guess i got left behind

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 17:38:52

At 5/21/11 04:53 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 5/21/11 04:50 PM, silversunned wrote: Rapture in 4 hours! Raptor Jesus SAVE ME!!!

yep, you weren't holy enough! BUAHAHAHA

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 17:47:53

At 5/21/11 04:53 PM, Ashman wrote:

Your liver wasn't fresh and succulent enough.

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 18:37:40

So, since we all know the rapture was a bust, I should tell you how my day went yesterday.
I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides!!!
I thought it was really good. Penelope Cruz was awesome. Blackbeard was soooo sick >:D
You guys should go see it. Naow!
I also saw Thor.
I wasn't that into Chris Hemsworth before the movie. Cute face, but whatever. Then he took off his shirt o3o.
I didn't think Loki was that bad, and although I guess he is labeled the main antagonist, he really wasn't trying to do any harm. I mean, I guess he did try to kill Thor, but that was because he was being a huge dick in the beginning. But at least he wasn't planning on killing Odin. I don't really know the backstory of the whole Thor thing, but I thought Odinsleep was pretty lame. The whole movie actually could've been explained better... Maybe I should just read the comics or something.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 19:06:52

At 5/21/11 06:37 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: So, since we all know the rapture was a bust, I should tell you how my day went yesterday.
I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides!!!
I thought it was really good. Penelope Cruz was awesome. Blackbeard was soooo sick >:D

I saw it in Imax 3D, and boy was that idiotic. Not only did I have to wear glasses over my glasses, but the 3D effect wasn't even there. It was useless.

The movie itself wasn't as bad I expected it to be, though. I expected a total flop, but it was pretty decent. I liked the mermaids, Sparrow was a better protagonist in this one than before, and Blackbeard was a decent villain, but It didn't feel quite right without the other cast members and it lacked the magic feeling of the titles preceding it.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-21 19:29:22

Well, an apocalypse happened in my WW2 RTS, but none happened here.

How boring. I was at least hoping to fight an eight headed serpent demon.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature