00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Destiny2Lover2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underdog List

119,828 Views | 1,054 Replies

Response to The Underdog List 2008-12-01 14:10:39

At 12/1/08 01:13 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: http://race1.newgrounds.com/

this guy.. i was just cruising the tunes around and i noticed some of his stuff.. its odd but i like it.
i always love good orchestra stuff.. he has music from 2007 that had only 5 votes. and his recent stuff just looks like it went to through the maybe 6 hours on the audio page. some of his stuff has reviews but i really think his music should be out there more than it is.

I agree, he's a good friend of mine and his music is always something to listen to. He's helped me with a few of my songs when I needed help. I think he could use some more exposure out there in the AP.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-12-01 15:06:19

I agree, he's a good friend of mine and his music is always something to listen to. He's helped me with a few of my songs when I needed help. I think he could use some more exposure out there in the AP.

So... does this mean I can be an underdog too?

*reads the rest of the posts in the thread*

Hi Tzu. Thanks for mentioning me.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-12-01 15:19:22

Sorry for the double post.

I wanna nominate Tzunami because his songs are pretty interesting.

I'd like to naminate myself (as waffly as that sounds) because I really do try to make thigns sound totally pro... and some times I totally fail. lol But I do really enjoy getting reviews... good or bad... although if bad, please have a good reason.

I run around newgrounds a lot, just listening to songs that people have made. As you can see I don't post in the forumsvery often though.

well I think that's about it for now,

Response to The Underdog List 2008-12-10 14:57:51

Nominations:

-- I'd like to nominate Kor-Rune as an underdog. A young, talented prog metal guitarist with some serious recording chops. Very interesting compositions.

-- I'll also nominate myself as an underdog. However, I think my latest piece has 6 reviews, so--full disclosure--I may not completely fit the criteria on page one of this thread. My audio is available through the above link, or through my sig pic link.

Tell us about yourself: I'm a 28 year old law student, playing guitar and composing since 1992. I tend to gravitate toward prog metal and hard rock stylings, but also write and submit in other genres, including video game covers, jazz, classical, and miscellaneous. My current main gear setup is an Ibanez Prestige RGA121 through a Roland Cube30x amp, though I own a bunch of other guitars, and also sometimes use a Line6 Spider (I) amp. Bass is a Rogue bass through a small rogue amp. Also use Geniesoft (f/k/a/ Cakewalk) Score Writer for some midi work. Midi interface is a Tascam US122. I am a big follower of the review-and-review-alike philosophy, and am always looking for new artists to listen to.

Excellent thread--sorry that I'm just noticing it now.

<|> TritoneAngel <|>

<|> Visit TritoneAngel Audio for guitar-centric rock, metal, VG, jazz & classical songs.

<|> Newest TritoneAngel Audio: Clockwork (submitted 12/8/08)

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-12-10 15:13:36

Haha I feel like a total asshole for nominating myself, but seeing as I've been gone for quite some time (thanks to genre changes, learning a new program, internet trouble, etc), I'd say it's a fair label for me at the moment >:

As for myself, I've been posting music on NG for a few years now, have been jumping genres somewhat. First started out with the (poorly recorded) tunes I did with my irish trad band in high school. We still get together and play, and we've all improved, but we don't get enough practice to make any serious attempts at recording these days. After that I started playing about with different genres of sample based music, mostly in the realms of trip hop and breakbeat. Always been a huge devotee of intelligent rhythms, so that was a common theme even if most of my music was pretty sloppy. Finally I've settled on my own style, fitting in with the old and new style jungle genres, and I've been producing seriously on that theme for the past few months. Just posted my first tune is several months, with more on the way.

LOVE ME PLEASE

a

Response to The Underdog List 2008-12-10 17:22:13

At 12/10/08 02:57 PM, TritoneAngel wrote:
-- I'll also nominate myself as an underdog. However, I think my latest piece has 6 reviews, so--full disclosure--I may not completely fit the criteria on page one of this thread. My audio is available through the above link, or through my sig pic link.

I also give a nomination for Tritone, even if he doesn't fit the criteria with his latest song. Top notch recording and songwriting, definitely worthy for a mention, I think.

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-04 12:33:06

I know this sounds a bit selfish
but i nominate myself

I'm 13 years old from england (woo!)
and I do mainly classical music

I started off as just doing piano recordings
then moved onto FL - now i'm trying sonar

it is SO damn confusing!
Intero is helping me - thankyou :D

and i have been at NG for less than a year now
with 43 people with me on their favourites artist list
and 34 submissions - all of them with score above 4.00

Plus - there is only 1 underdog in classical D':

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-04 15:14:14

At 1/4/09 12:33 PM, Zero123Music wrote: Scoring 9th in 2 mac8s and 5th with intero - in MAC8 Dec
and 34 submissions - all of them with score above 4.00

well not any more xD

I take my self out the list please - I didn't notice how self-centered I sounded there
I take myself out the list
sorry :(

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-04 15:17:44

I nominate Zero123.
He deserves to be on the list, just listen to his music and you'll see why.
He's really good, trust me :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-04 15:19:29

I nominate that zero123music guy above. I havnt listened to much of his stuff, but I think its great that yound people at 13 ish in age are creating music. Nice music anyway. =)

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-05 04:38:15

I might just be an underdog. I meet the requirements at least, lol. Any ways...

My Profile

A little about myself:
I'm 20 and I've been making beats for the last couple of years. I use FL Studio 8 and that's it! I would love to use more but it's all I could afford! Recently I've been trying out new things like combinations of sampling and synths. My style is my own form of Hip Hop. I'm working on expanding my abilities so this might be a good test of where I'm at with my music!

Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-05 04:42:33

Oh, and if you check out my page, listen to a few songs!! Some of the songs I have up aren't 100% done, but if you listen to them check out as many as you can to get a better sense of what I have to offer!

Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-05 11:24:40

I nominate that Eternal XII (i think :)

his stuff is pretty neat - and has a knack for good drums :-)

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-05 16:22:32

At 1/5/09 11:24 AM, Zero123Music wrote: I nominate that Eternal XII (i think :)

his stuff is pretty neat - and has a knack for good drums :-)

Gracias!

And are you nominated for the list??? If not I totally nominate you!! woot, You have some amazing songs my friend! zero123music and if you have count this as a vote for you!

Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-05 18:43:11

i love the newgrounds audio portal and work very hard to produce unique music for people to enjoy but i feel like i am not heard. my style varies because i like to make every song different from the last but i have done alot of trance. getting zero bombed constantly has taken its toll on me mentally but i think i can work through it. currently i am using reason 4 and consider the program to be a safe haven from the world. i like to sing and be inventive. i guess i came to the underdog to try and help myself.

here is my profile if you would like to know more about me.

http://darren-m.newgrounds.com/

Articulation by art

Instagram @ Sequencer1

3D, Music, Dance, Make

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-05 18:57:47

I'm 18. I've been teaching myself a relatively large amount of music production since I was 15.

I started with MTV Music Generator on the PSone, while it wasn't particularly musical, it gave me a base for sequencing and arrangement. I was in band from age 12 on which gave me a good understanding of music theory, improvisation, and what makes music emotional. When I was 16, I got sucked into WoW. When I finally reached raiding, I had enough time to balance main tanking bosses, and working with Fruity Loops, which I use now.

Now I'm posting about it on Newgrounds.

My music here has gone unnoticed so far. I've tried tagging my songs as I see many successful artists do in hopes that the wealth of songs I post start to get noticed. Only a few zero bombs have been had, and I'm actually feeling pretty good about the few reviews and votes I've had. I'm really hoping being seen as an underdog would help.

Much of what I submit now is backlog, but I am still writing constantly. I've written music from terrible pop-punk to trance/club screamo- a genre I may well have invented in jest a year before Brokencyde had reached fame. Most of what I am writing now is a fusion of ambient, chill, IDM, and psytrance- even though my influences span far and wide due to my musical background throughout highschool and from a very young age.

Please consider me :)

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-05 19:39:36

I don't know if I qualify. The only song that has gotten any real attention is my Earthbound 0 song. Other than that, none of my other songs seem to matter that much to people. I hope I can fix that by nominating myself. I'm no cornandbeans, but I know I don't suck.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-05 20:50:57

I would nominate myself... At least according to a large portion of the material I've listened to over here.

A little about myself. I am 26, and I've been making music since '96. Then it was Fastracker II. Nowadays, I'm a Cubase/Soundforge addict. I use a number of VSTi and VST filters, so it's not easy to write them all. I'm a keyboard player on a Korg Le 88, a Yamaha s30 and a RolandED PC300 Midi controller. Truth B2030A studio monitors, a Creative XFi Elite Pro sound card, a Behringer EurorackUB802, some DIs and pre-amplifiers, a Behringer B-1 condenser mic and other stuff here and there.
I'm in a band (Galliard) since '98 playing original material (and a ton of covers for live shows). I do all recordings(except drums),production and keyboard tracks in my home studio. Recently we got in an official Kiss Army covers release "Greektures of the Night", got a good seating in a national competition (Greece) and a successful set of live shows in some of the best rock venues in Athens.
In NG, I've started posting my solo tracks, as well as stuff not included in the band's official song list. In the future, pending further discussion, we might get to that.

Hope these are enough...Cheers!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-05 21:15:10

I would like to nominate viion for the underdog list.
I don't really know what to write except that I think that his songs have not gotten the attention they deserve =)
In my opinion, he fulfills the criteria to be on the list.

Here's a link to his profile

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-06 01:10:09

I would also like to nominate myself..for some reason I keep getting zero bombed from random people and I don't understand why..I honestly think my music is as good as the next guy..Most reviews I have gotten are 8..Only 5 people have me on my favorites list..but I think I have potentional and am not noticed..I guess you guys will have to decide..ounds.com

www.bloodstrike15.newgrounds.com

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-06 01:13:26

Plus I am only 16 years old also..And have only had at least 1 year of experience with FL studio.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-06 13:41:17

I nominate myself because modernist, non-video game composition is underrepresented in the audio portal. Check out the Dromanisqatsi series; initially inspired by the most famous De Reggio film, it quickly evolved into a drug-fueled genre hopper.

Why not?

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-06 16:36:14

intero for classical

I mean his stuff is freakin' awesome and SO realistic

I love it - and he's a nice guy, like 15 or 16 (i always think he's like 18 - he's that good)
comeon! anyone else reading this - just listen to his music - trust me, you will love it
(if you classical of course XD)

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-07 15:57:07

Well, this might sound conceded but i'll nominate myself.

Believe it or not, before I got into music, I hated it for some reason. I can't remember exactly why but after I started getting piano lessons when I was 15, music started to seep into my everyday lifestyle. I started to love it because, at the risk of sounding emo, I felt the only thing I could identify with was the piano; it was so empathetic to what I was feeling and was the only thing that would listen to me. Also, everything I learned started to become second-nature to me after only a year.

Now, I compose in my free time and music has become a consuming passion of mine. I spend all of my personal time satisfying my passion and pursuing my interests. I used to use Garageband but since last summer, I started to use a lovely combination of Logic Pro 8 (for electronica and recordings) and Sibelius 5 (for classical music, and music notation).

I'm not sure if I could be considered an underdog because all of my submissions have scores greater than 4.00, 4 of my songs made the Top 30 ("Computer Jam," "Call of Ktulu Orchestra," "Keyboard Shredding," and "Blues Sketch #2" in that order), and, in general, I've experienced modest success on NG since I started submitting my stuff but my more recent music gets no more than 4 reviews.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-08 04:44:12

I vote for Zero123Music because he's always seemed like an underdog to me, he's young and passionate and he always puts everything into his work, and isn't really recognized, or appreciated.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-08 08:34:07

i'd like to nominate myself ;p

a bit about me...

I'm around 13yo (i hax0red age on account :p), I use FL8, create tracks of various electronic music genres (usually trance, house and drum'n'bass). I created my first track when I was like 5 or 4 on an old eJay program (ahh good times, actually :P). That was quite a lot ago. In around 2003 I discovered FL. I was learning the basics for around 3 years, then I submitted my first song on 2006 and boy, it was crappy, but still... (it's deleted now, along with around 50 other old shitty tracks) that brings a lot of memories too :P Only recently I have learned how to make decent songs, and many of them will come soon ;)

I also made a few music modules, you can find them on Modarchive. (My best is probably Spring's Coming, which I might rework in FL someday :D but it is still crap compared to modules of artists like Alex Brandon, Andrew Sega or Jeroen Tel :P).

I'm not sure if I'm an underdog though. I never got a song on the Top 5 or Top 30, my songs don't have much reviews, votes, listens or downloads, yet they get all rated over 4.00. (I also generally delete songs that don't ;p - but that is another story. I only keep GOOD stuff.)

COCKS FOR PRESIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENT

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-08 16:22:54

I vote for Zero123music, because he need more attention by good guys, who write detailed reviews so he can be better with help in no time. He is really talented! The only thing he needs is attention by more listeners and good helpful reviews, which can make him composing with more joy and perfection. (That's my critism, he needs more time and perfection by composing songs)
He is a really good composer and he will become better with help from the good old Newgrounders. ;)

@Zero123music: I'm 15 years old :P. I will become 16 in the 10th February. I hope you'll never stop making music. ;)

- Intero

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-08 16:34:31

I nominate everyone*!
Seriously, everyone that's nominating everyone else has a reason to nominate the person they nominated.
But the reason why I nominate everyone is because they are all musicians with an aspiration to get somewhere with it (I hope)
and that's good enough, right?
I hope I made you all feel good.

*When I mean everyone I mean the people on this thread.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-08 20:06:14

95% of the people nominated here are crap, their mostly nominated becouse of "hey I'll nominate you if you nominate me, wanna be frendz? lolol"

Response to The Underdog List 2009-01-09 03:32:07

100% underdog... 100% made with love but it does not get the love it tries to share... sad... but maybe this is a change to shine a light on this piece of emotion.

Just had to share my piece of pie.

Retro never get old!