00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ada242 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest

50,548 Views | 145 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:28:27

Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew have announced a contest where Flash artists are invited to make videos for their pirate rap, Broadside!

The winning video will receive $200 and become the "official video" (assuming they get some good entries) and will be promoted all over the place!

Submissions are due by November 30th, check out the announcement post for more details.

The-Super-Flash-Bros have announced preparations for There's Something About Halo 3 - TSAH3! Check out their post if you would like to participate. If you aren't familiar with the TSAH series, check out TSAH and TSAH2.

Additionally, Luis has announced the Munny competition!

We've picked the winners of the Pumpkin Carving Contest and raised the winner count from three to four. Each winner will receive $100, a t-shirt and some stickers. The winners are:

1. ReNaeNae - NG Preloader
2. LesPaul-Clock - Strawberry, Madness - Also see it in daylight!
3. jdunn - Bitey
4. Goat-Man - Tankman

Winners should PM me with the following info:

- Your name, for the $100 check.
- Your mailing address (write it all out clearly and include your country!)
- Your t-shirt size and preference. Pick anything from the store and make sure your size is in stock!

Other noteable pumpkins, by category:

TANKMEN (from the TANKMEN series!)

eggatron
g-muff
Rebel666
That-Is-Bull
Cheektoghetto

Xombie (from the Xombie series!)

Coolio-Niato
zitler

Madness (from the Madness series!)

Vortex00 - Hank
Rebel666 - Hank
Rebel666 - Clown

Brackenwood (from the Brackenwood series!)

TheThing - Bitey
Zerok - The Yu Yu

Blockhead (the Blockhead series!)

VintageBro
plant-eating-cat

Salad Fingers (from the Salad Fingers series!)

Pellz
big-johnny-13
yourmom822
Niloc14
TropicalParadise - Salad Fingers Ep. 4

AngryFaic (from the forum emoticon, countless Flashes and the t-shirt.)

jjmarth
EL-6
JWaldGar
Mis-Diagnosed
2Dawgll
Senri

Miscellaneous

USELESSmayhem - Dad 'n Me Tank Logo
FloppyDiskClock - Dad 'n Me
SirSpankalicious - Pumpkin Clock
Myhatisblue - AH & CC
zitler - Penicorn
pure-cheese - Penor
Weaksauce - Tricky Clown
Prellz - Weebl and Bob (the Weebl and Bob series)
Chronamut - Khale (from The Story of Khale)
Rebel666 - Walk Smash Walk (from Walk Smash Walk)
WAR-HEART - NG logo

I will be announcing the Halloween Flash winners once we've had enough time to soak them all in. We have almost 300 submissions in the Halloween collection this year, making it the biggest Halloween in NG history! There are so many amazing submissions and many have been completely overlooked. Now would be a great time to list your favorite Halloween movies, because I will be paying close attention to community feedback. Try to watch AS MANY as possible and be sure to bring attention to anything with under 2,000 views. It's like the Treasure Hunt all over again, only now we are scouring a ton of Halloween submissions! It's gonna take a group effort. :)

With all the overflowing talent here on NG, it's a good time to really evaluate the life cycle of Flash on the site. We've always prided ourselves in being the site that gives the most exposure to your Flash, but the "market has been flooded" with all the growing Flash talent on the web. I have a lot of plans for improving the individual niche areas of the site and trying to foster more "localized community activity" within them, although I always want the site to be like one big welcoming party.

In the meantime, I love to see people spread the word about Flash they are enjoying. More and more people are doing it in their user page posts, which is great. I would also recommend sharing your favorite Flash with your friends. I try to give front page to as many submissions as possible without completely diminishing the impact of getting on the front page, but submissions shouldn't live or die on whether they make front page, either. So like the Halloween contest, we need to focus on a group effort to make sure there is "No Flash left behind!"

I would also recommend always adding Flash you enjoy to your favorites list, and vigorously browsing the favorites lists of other users!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:29:49

Lovely.

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:29:53

Grats to the winners.

Help kill abusive reviews! - I refuse to be intimidated by your meaningless rhetoric!

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:30:17

Very good, Tom.

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:30:29

Those carvings were ace.

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:31:08

At 11/1/07 03:28 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Fuck, if only I had talent.

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:32:23

Corngrats everyone!

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:32:48

damn... i shpould have posted my pumkin. it wasnt that good but i set it on fire completely and it looked cool.

The Filmakers Club / Above the ignorance

....Go Ahead. Stare....

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:34:15

Sounds great! Congrats to all the Halloween winners, and lots of love to all the entries who have been showcased :) And believe me, ill be blogging about my experience on NG on my news post as much i can. My ranting for example xP

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:36:41

Wow, I didn't even realize there was a contest for pumpkin making. Maybe I will do one next year :(

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:38:22

Congrats, they're quite amazing actually, to forge something so beautiful from a humble fest fruit :P
But seriously, some really fine work there

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:39:50

Congrats to all the winners, there were some really good ones!

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:40:31

Well, that's cool.

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:41:14

I've got to say, all of those pumpkins look magnificent. I know I most likely wouldn't be able to make one as good looking as those...

The codfish on the park bench is fried by the raw maple. 30/10/2009

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:41:14

Some intresting punpkins that's to be said, congrats to everyone and such, hope to see the winners of the flash halloween contest sometime then.

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:44:28

Damn, there was a pumkin contest? I want to check that out.

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:46:56

At 11/1/07 03:28 PM, TomFulp wrote: Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew have announced a contest where Flash artists are invited to make videos for their pirate rap, Broadside!

The winning video will receive $200 and become the "official video" (assuming they get some good entries) and will be promoted all over the place!

Submissions are due by November 30th, check out the announcement post for more details.

hehe, pirate rap, that sounds interesting. how many entries with pirates v ninjas will surface in the portal? only time will tell.

Additionally, Luis has announced the Munny competition!

still trying to plan out my sketch, trying to find a good solid block of not working to sit down and do that. oh luis, i will get my hands on your munny.

We've picked the winners of the Pumpkin Carving Contest and raised the winner count from three to four. Each winner will receive $100, a t-shirt and some stickers. The winners are:

1. ReNaeNar - NG Preloader
2. LesPaul-Clock - Strawberry, Madness - Also see it in daylight!
3. jdunn - Bitey
4. Goat-Man - Tankman

--SBC IS KING OF THE PORTAL--

holy shit, those are some amazing pumpkins. i regret not visiting that thread more often, nice work to everyone and their entries... did any trick or treaters comment on any of your pumpkins? ;P

I will be announcing the Halloween Flash winners once we've had enough time to soak them all in. We have almost 300 submissions in the Halloween collection this year, making it the biggest Halloween in NG history! There are so many amazing submissions and many have been completely overlooked. Now would be a great time to list your favorite Halloween movies, because I will be paying close attention to community feedback. Try to watch AS MANY as possible and be sure to bring attention to anything with under 2,000 views. It's like the Treasure Hunt all over again, only now we are scouring a ton of Halloween submissions! It's gonna take a group effort. :)

ooky spooky wut?

With all the overflowing talent here on NG, it's a good time to really evaluate the life cycle of Flash on the site. We've always prided ourselves in being the site that gives the most exposure to your Flash, but the "market has been flooded" with all the growing Flash talent on the web. I have a lot of plans for improving the individual niche areas of the site and trying to foster more "locallized community activity" within them, although I always want the site to be like one big welcoming party.

hopefully punch and pie will be served. if not, we should still advertise it.

In the meantime, I love to see people spread the word about Flash they are enjoying. More and more people are doing it in their user page posts, which is great. I would also recommend sharing your favorite Flash with your friends. I try to give front page to as many submissions as possible without completely diminishing the impact of getting on the front page, but submissions shouldn't live or die on whether they make front page, either. So like the Halloween contest, we need to focus on a group effort to make sure there is "No Flash left behind!"

I would also recommend always adding Flash you enjoy to your favorites list, and vigorously browsing the favorites lists of other users!

hmmmm my favorites list is kinda wimpy, i've been thinking about doing something to it, like... making a real list.. *cough*

but browsing other users is good too...

¬_¬

⌬ blobstagram ⌬ blobsite ⌬

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:48:14

Pfft', I didn't even get a pumpkin this year.

I miss my old sig )=

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:50:25

w00t!grats to the winners!the pumpkins were looking so kool!

Hate life because life hates you!

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:51:34

Sad our pumpkin didn't win, but it was DAMN AMAZING the ones that did win. Great judging on behalf of Tom, it seems fair to say those were the best of the best. =D

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:52:11

When will the Halloween flash winners be announced?

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:53:10

this layout sucks.

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:55:53

Hell yeah!
happy to hear the super smasg bros. are back, too. can't wait!

Make me a sandwich, damnit.

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:56:21

Flattered to see some Blockhead pumpkins in there :D

I especially liked how the Madness ones turned out. The winners were also a great choice.

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 15:56:47

I loved the preloader pumpkin it was awesome.

Thanks to this dude for the sweet sig.

PM me I'm lonely...

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 16:03:20

Congrats to the winners!

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 16:05:47

Those pumpkins are insane. All of them are so well done. Congrats to all the winners.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 16:12:26

Congrats, the NG Preloader one was nicely carved. Good job.

HELLO

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 16:16:00

I loved alot of the pumpkins

Drop Ya Pants and Grind, with M to the C

The Greatest Story Ever Told

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Winners, Other Contest 2007-11-01 16:24:17

Cool stuff.