00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blozeoff just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Muse Crew

73,145 Views | 1,303 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-23 18:21:28

At 8/23/08 05:56 PM, gamerpeepinpa wrote:
At 8/23/08 11:31 AM, Ledgey wrote:
10. Hate this and i'll love you
11. Overdue
Everyone puts them at the bottom, but I think they're really good. D:

Perhaps I'm just weird.
Overdue deserves a higher spot.

Hate This & I'll Love You can stay.

I prefer Hate This & I'll Love You to Overdue.

AND I WAAAAAAAS BORN TO DESTROOOOOY YOUUU

Anyway, anyone else notice that the V fest playlists were the same as Dublin except they had Bliss? Why did they omit Bliss anyway, it saddens me. :(

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-26 17:37:29

So! I've heard a couple of Muse songs and I really like them. So I figured I better check out the rest of their stuff and see what's going on. I would also like to own it, so I can listen to it whenever I like.

What CD has their most/best stuff?

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-26 17:52:27

At 8/26/08 05:37 PM, SapphireLight wrote: So! I've heard a couple of Muse songs and I really like them. So I figured I better check out the rest of their stuff and see what's going on. I would also like to own it, so I can listen to it whenever I like.

Hard to say, all their albums are great. But if I must, I'd recommend Absolution or Origin Of Symmetry, they're my favourites.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-26 18:21:33

At 8/26/08 05:37 PM, SapphireLight wrote: So! I've heard a couple of Muse songs and I really like them. So I figured I better check out the rest of their stuff and see what's going on. I would also like to own it, so I can listen to it whenever I like.

Black Holes and Revelations has the most "hits" but it is still the worst album in my opinion, even though it is still amazing. They are all amazing, get all of them if you have the money. If you can only get two, I recommend Absolution and Black Holes, best ones for a beginner. Origin of Symmetry is amazing, but I think that you can only love it if you are a die-hard Muse fan, although others will probably disagree.

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-26 18:35:40

If you were to pick two, I'd say Absolution and Black Holes & Revelations. BH&H is probably the best place to start because it has a great blend of sounds and genres, and has great hits like Supermassive Black Hole, Starlight, and Knights of Cydonia. Absolution is my favorite album, I like it's apocalyptic theme and beautifully written lyrics. There's also some hits on there such as Time Is Running Out, Sing For Absolution, and Hysteria.

But seriously, get them all.

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-26 18:38:55

Origin of Symmetry is amazing, but I think that you can only love it if you are a die-hard Muse fan, although others will probably disagree.

I sort of agree, but it's the same with Showbiz in my opinion. I didn't like it as much as say, BH&R at first, but now that I love Muse, I prefer it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-26 18:51:57

I got the Dead Star EP a couple of days ago and IT IS AMAZING!!!! Dead Star is my new favorite song! I didn't know until I got it that the riff they sometimes play in between songs at a live show is actually from the song Dead Star. Also, Muse is the only band that can pull off an amazing cover of a Sinatra song (Can't take my eyes off you). BEST EP EVER!!!

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-26 19:02:08

At 8/26/08 06:38 PM, Ledgey wrote:
Origin of Symmetry is amazing, but I think that you can only love it if you are a die-hard Muse fan, although others will probably disagree.
I sort of agree, but it's the same with Showbiz in my opinion. I didn't like it as much as say, BH&R at first, but now that I love Muse, I prefer it.

Origin of Symmetry grew on me. I only used to like a few songs, but I've listened to it more since then and I appreciate it more. For some reason, I like Showbiz better though.

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-26 20:43:59

I don't suppose there is a "Muse Collection" thingie to make this easier... ?

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-26 20:53:03

I'll be there as soon as I can, but I'm busy mending broken pieces of the life I had before

Before you

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-26 20:55:39

At 8/26/08 08:43 PM, SapphireLight wrote: I don't suppose there is a "Muse Collection" thingie to make this easier... ?

FUCK NO!!!!!

I'm serious:

NEVER think of Muse being good in a "Greatest Hits" form. Every album is essentially an opera, so therefore only truly good from beginning to end, Take a Bow to Knights of Cydonia, New Born to Megalomania, etc.

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-26 21:01:04

NEVER think of Muse being good in a "Greatest Hits" form. Every album is essentially an opera, so therefore only truly good from beginning to end, Take a Bow to Knights of Cydonia, New Born to Megalomania, etc.

Sunburn to Hate This & I'll Love You. ^_________^

Also, I agree.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-26 22:17:17

Oh.

Bugger.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-27 03:01:29

BH&R didnĀ“t really do it for me. IĀ“ve heard alot of better muse songs. That being said, it does have some great songs like Knights of Cydonia and Assasins.

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-27 17:14:16

Anyway:

You could be my unintended choice
to live my life extended (lol suicide)
you, can be the one i'll always love

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-28 05:36:47

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-28 08:13:40

At 8/28/08 05:36 AM, Ledgey wrote: braking nuez!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upco ming_releases/muse_start_work_on_next_al bum.html

Dom looks like he wants to kill me

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-28 08:27:23

plz could i be part of ur club muse rule

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-28 16:54:15

At 8/28/08 08:27 AM, chesca101 wrote: plz could i be part of ur club muse rule

Of course you can.

But first, what are your favorite songs or favorite albums? Anything other than "plz could i be part of ur club muse rule"?

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-28 18:49:25

At 8/28/08 04:54 PM, hhcash wrote:
At 8/28/08 08:27 AM, chesca101 wrote: plz could i be part of ur club muse rule
Of course you can.

But first, what are your favorite songs or favorite albums? Anything other than "plz could i be part of ur club muse rule"?

Don't forget the initiation ceremony where he has to stand in front of a picture of Matt Bellamy and touch himself.

We all went through it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-28 18:49:32

I love Muse! My favorite songs are:
Starlight
Knights of Cydonia
Time is Running Out

My favorite album:
Black Holes and revelations.

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-28 20:31:09

Got myself "Black Holes and Revelations" at the music store along with some new headphones. Good stuff!

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-28 22:48:54

At 8/28/08 06:49 PM, zer0gravity1 wrote: I love Muse! My favorite songs are:
Starlight
Knights of Cydonia
Time is Running Out

My favorite album:
Black Holes and revelations.

Cool. Welcome. Now stand in front of a picture of Matt Bellamy and touch yourself.

Also, how did you (and this applies to everyone else too) discover Muse.

Personally, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist is the theme song for an AMAZING Youtube Halo 3 machinima Deus Ex Machina. That's why I love that song, it is great in context to that show. That was the first Muse song I heard that really amazed me.

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-28 22:57:31

At 8/28/08 06:49 PM, Ledgey wrote:
Don't forget the initiation ceremony where he has to stand in front of a picture of Matt Bellamy and touch himself.

We all went through it.

I do it nightly.

Extra credit.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-28 23:50:18

I first discovered Muse when I was in a huge van with a bunch of friends going on some trip. I forgot where. and we all had cd players (before Ipods were really popular). so I was listening to a mix cd from a guy who was way into Muse and in the mix was Time Is Running Out. I started listening to it and really really liked it and before I knew it, I had listened to it about 10 times. and that's when my Muse obsession began.

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-29 04:07:31

At 8/28/08 10:48 PM, hhcash wrote: Also, how did you (and this applies to everyone else too) discover Muse.

I heard The time is running out on TV about 5 or 6 years ago, and really liked it. I didnĀ“t instantly go and look for more muse, but i knew they were good since then. I only sortof really got into muse recently really. Maybe about a year and a half ago.

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-29 11:50:23

When Supermassive Black Holes was released, I decided to buy the album. Then it snowballed from there.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-29 17:49:06

At 8/29/08 11:50 AM, Ledgey wrote:
When Supermassive Black Holes was released, I decided to buy the album. Then it snowballed from there.

10,000 plays later.

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-29 21:58:03

At 8/28/08 05:36 AM, Ledgey wrote: braking nuez!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upco ming_releases/muse_start_work_on_next_al bum.html

Holy crapping fuck.

At 8/28/08 10:48 PM, hhcash wrote:

My cousin was listening to Starlight (probably the only somewhat popular-ish Muse song here in the US) like a year or so ago, and I was like "That band gives me a boner."

hi

Response to The Muse Crew 2008-08-29 22:41:34

BBM, I miss your sexy typing in this topic.

eh.

BBS Signature