00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Petaly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Th Futurama club.

144,199 Views | 2,770 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-08-25 07:49:34

At 8/24/09 03:31 PM, Rai wrote: I think Futurama is a pretty cool guy, eh makes comical observations on human nature and the sci fi genre and doesnt afraid of anything.

*GRAMMAR NAZI ALERT!*

Firstly, Futurama isn't a person - it's a cartoon series devised by Matt Groening. He's the guy that you might be referring to, with his comical observations on human nature and the sci-fi genre at large.

The team themselves, even when some of them were still with The Simpsons have never been afraid to make gags that have been a little insulting towards people like their bosses at Fox and the like, but that cavalier attitude is kind of dwarfed by Family Guy and American Dad now.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-08-25 08:18:11

At 8/25/09 07:49 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 8/24/09 03:31 PM, Rai wrote: I think Futurama is a pretty cool guy, eh makes comical observations on human nature and the sci fi genre and doesnt afraid of anything.
*GRAMMAR NAZI ALERT!*

Firstly, Futurama isn't a person - it's a cartoon series devised by Matt Groening. He's the guy that you might be referring to, with his comical observations on human nature and the sci-fi genre at large.

*TROLL ALERT!*
Firstly, the guy you where talking to was obviously a troll.
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Pretty_
Cool_Guy

Anyone else exited about the new season premiering on Sunday?

Th Futurama club.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-08-25 08:52:16

At 8/25/09 08:18 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: Anyone else exited about the new season premiering on Sunday?

Well, I've not heard much about this, but considering the new seasons aren't due out for another few months (Mid 2010, numerous sources have been quoted as saying), I'll not hold my breath for this being new material just yet.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-08-25 09:26:51

Oh, never mind I was thinking of a movie airing on Comedy Central. Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-08-25 09:53:48

At 8/25/09 09:26 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: Oh, never mind I was thinking of a movie airing on Comedy Central. Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder

Is it the serialised version, or the whole movie in one hit?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-08-25 10:00:57

Look like it is in four parts.

Greetings, Earthlings! The Emmy Award -winning animated series "Futurama" has landed at COMEDY
CENTRAL and now it's time for the ultimate blast-off! Tune in for the out-of-this-world hilarious World
Television Premiere of "Into the Wild Green Yonder," scheduled to debut as a four-part epic on Sunday,
August 30, beginning at 9:00 p.m.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-08-25 12:19:13

I don't really see why they went through the trouble of writing and cutting the movies so they could be 4 equal length episodes since they always air together on TV anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-08-25 13:43:36

At 8/25/09 09:53 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 8/25/09 09:26 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: Oh, never mind I was thinking of a movie airing on Comedy Central. Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder
Is it the serialised version, or the whole movie in one hit?

It was the whole movie an one shot, i watched it last night. Not to bad, still good and all.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-08-25 15:48:05

At 8/25/09 12:19 PM, ixintro wrote: I don't really see why they went through the trouble of writing and cutting the movies so they could be 4 equal length episodes since they always air together on TV anyway.

My thoughts exactly. What sucks about the DVD movies is that you only see one gag line they always have at the beginning of the theme song, but the four "episodes" of the movie have four different gag lines. I always love those lines. I'm being deprived of them because I have the DVDs.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-08-25 15:52:22

Aug 30th(sky 1)

NEW EPISODES

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-08-25 16:38:39

At 8/25/09 03:52 PM, brmalone wrote: Aug 30th(sky 1)

NEW EPISODES

Living in America officially sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-08-26 09:00:15

At 8/25/09 12:19 PM, ixintro wrote: I don't really see why they went through the trouble of writing and cutting the movies so they could be 4 equal length episodes since they always air together on TV anyway.

Ah, that's because sometimes, they will need a half an hour slot to fill and will go for that across 4 days, rather than over a bank holiday weekend. More likely to get sales of 4 x 30 mins than 2 x 60 mins.

At 8/25/09 03:52 PM, brmalone wrote: Aug 30th(sky 1)

NEW EPISODES

It's nothing new - Into the Wild Green Yonder is already out on DVD - the new stuff comes out in Autumn 2010, so we've got about 12 months to wait

*starts clock*

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-02 12:41:05

At 8/26/09 09:00 AM, Coop83 wrote: It's nothing new - Into the Wild Green Yonder is already out on DVD - the new stuff comes out in Autumn 2010, so we've got about 12 months to wait

*starts clock*

And nothing to tide us over in the meantime. I can't wait this long!

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-02 17:36:46

At 9/2/09 12:41 PM, Magik-Waffle wrote: And nothing to tide us over in the meantime. I can't wait this long!

We could wipe out any memory of us watching Futurama and then watch all the episodes again...

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-08 11:29:35

At 9/2/09 05:36 PM, TheSilverGuitar wrote:
At 9/2/09 12:41 PM, Magik-Waffle wrote: And nothing to tide us over in the meantime. I can't wait this long!
We could wipe out any memory of us watching Futurama and then watch all the episodes again...

How would one do that?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-09 05:56:10

At 9/8/09 11:29 AM, Magik-Waffle wrote:
At 9/2/09 05:36 PM, TheSilverGuitar wrote: We could wipe out any memory of us watching Futurama and then watch all the episodes again...
How would one do that?

Simply press your button on your lower side, about 6 inches about the crotch plate...

Oh wait, we weren't built like Bender, were we?

Sorry.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-09 07:30:24

At 9/9/09 05:56 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/8/09 11:29 AM, Magik-Waffle wrote: How would one do that?
Simply press your button on your lower side, about 6 inches about the crotch plate...

I wouldn't recommend that. We'll end up being like "What's Futurama?" and "I don't remember telling you to wipe my memory out." I remember watching Red Dwarf where they had parts of their memories wiped out and that's what happened...Wait, are Red Dwarf references allowed here?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-09 15:47:34

At 9/9/09 07:30 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 9/9/09 05:56 AM, Coop83 wrote: Simply press your button on your lower side, about 6 inches about the crotch plate...
I wouldn't recommend that.

*Presses button* Hmm?

We'll end up being like "What's Futurama?"

Remind me, what is Futurama? It sounds like it is fun and I might have to watch it at some point.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-23 14:44:06

At 9/9/09 03:47 PM, Coop83 wrote: Remind me, what is Futurama? It sounds like it is fun and I might have to watch it at some point.

No, don't. It sucks.

Lawls.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-23 15:13:30

O hai, didn't know this was here
Can I join?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-24 05:26:26

At 9/23/09 03:13 PM, Fjobbi wrote: O hai, didn't know this was here
Can I join?

Sure, what's your favourite episode, character and, if applicable, quote?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-24 06:19:07

At 9/24/09 05:26 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/23/09 03:13 PM, Fjobbi wrote: O hai, didn't know this was here
Can I join?
Sure, what's your favourite episode, character and, if applicable, quote?

I'm not sure about my favorite episode, it's been a long time since I watched them all. But my favorite character is unquestionably Bender :]
And I think my favorite quote would be: " Bite my glorious golden ass" said by Bender from another dimension :)

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-25 04:20:46

At 9/24/09 06:19 AM, Fjobbi wrote:
At 9/24/09 05:26 AM, Coop83 wrote: Sure, what's your favourite episode, character and, if applicable, quote?
I'm not sure about my favorite episode, it's been a long time since I watched them all. But my favorite character is unquestionably Bender :]

A good choice. Unquestioningly rude and certainly the worst role model on TV. Ever.

And I think my favorite quote would be: " Bite my glorious golden ass" said by Bender from another dimension :)

Ah, the Farnsworth Parabox. I preferred when the two Benders were looking through the parallel universes for the Zoidbergs

"Hey, look what I snagged from Leprechaun Universe *holds up pot of gold*"
"Yeah, Leprechaun Universe is fine... if you haven't seen Pirate universe *opens treasure chest*
"Faith and Begota" *follows Bender into Pirate Universe*

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-25 20:54:32

At 9/9/09 07:30 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 9/9/09 05:56 AM, Coop83 wrote:
I wouldn't recommend that. We'll end up being like "What's Futurama?" and "I don't remember telling you to wipe my memory out." I remember watching Red Dwarf where they had parts of their memories wiped out and that's what happened...Wait, are Red Dwarf references allowed here?

If we wiped our minds out then we would never know if we liked or did not like or maby now we won't even know that futurama exits to even re-watch all of the episodes over again 0_0 Now if you wanted to make time skips to make the time go by faster and then we would not remeber what happened during the skips and then find a way to stop them right when the new ones premiere?

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-26 00:24:22

Cool...a Futurama Club. I'm actually playing the Futurama game right now...it's actually quite challenging.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-26 14:41:46

At 9/26/09 12:24 AM, FurryDemon wrote: Cool...a Futurama Club. I'm actually playing the Futurama game right now...it's actually quite challenging.

..What Futurama game? Is it a console game? Please tell us (me) more about this game, I'm really curious as to what it is.

Also, how was Into the Wild Green Yonder? It looked pretty good, but I havne't found it online anywhere yet, and I'm having trouble getting TV time in my dorm.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-27 19:20:13

At 9/26/09 02:41 PM, Fremen wrote: ..What Futurama game? Is it a console game? Please tell us (me) more about this game, I'm really curious as to what it is.

I played it once, and as much as I love Futurama, it was a massive embarrassment to the series. The only good part is when Scruffy says "Prison ain't so bad. You can make sangria in the terlet".

Also, how was Into the Wild Green Yonder? It looked pretty good, but I havne't found it online anywhere yet, and I'm having trouble getting TV time in my dorm.

It's relatively easy to find online. Pm me and I'll give you a link.
Anyway, it was okay. I wasn't too fond of most of the Futurama films, but that was probably the one that messed with the storyline and continuity of the series the most. I'll say no more.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-27 19:53:44

At 9/26/09 02:41 PM, Fremen wrote: ..What Futurama game? Is it a console game? Please tell us (me) more about this game, I'm really curious as to what it is.

The game was released sometime around 2004 and after that it was just pulled from shelves and after that it just was hard to find if you could find it. Not even in the used game section, thats how bad it was.

It was really good, i liked it. Lots of plot twists and the like. I don't want to go to far into it, so it won't ruin it for you. It may be on hulu.com, i don't really use it but you could give it a shot.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-28 08:10:04

At 9/25/09 08:54 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Now if you wanted to make time skips to make the time go by faster and then we would not remeber what happened during the skips and then find a way to stop them right when the new ones premiere?

Well, it wasn't necessarily that way - I just thought that they did know what had happened, but their minds suffered from the apparent jump through time, as the bodies had been doing something, like Fry in the basketball game, for example.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-09-28 21:49:10

At 9/28/09 08:10 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/25/09 08:54 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Now if you wanted to make time skips to make the time go by faster and then we would not remeber what happened during the skips and then find a way to stop them right when the new ones premiere?
Well, it wasn't necessarily that way - I just thought that they did know what had happened, but their minds suffered from the apparent jump through time, as the bodies had been doing something, like Fry in the basketball game, for example.

DId they? I allways remebered that that during the time skips that they did not know what happend during them and had no idea what they were doing when it was over. Just like Fry could not remeber how he got lela to love and marry him ans what he did to get here to divorce him.

I may have to watch it again or maby your wrong.

BBS Signature