00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

liazx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Th Futurama club.

143,670 Views | 2,770 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Th Futurama club. 2011-09-10 23:41:18

I have to say i hated the last episode. I didn't find the storylines to be funny or heartwarming or anything. I never thought I would say this about futurama, but i was actually BORED while watching this episode.

I liked the idea of different animation styles...i just wished they hadn't made such crappy stories to go along with a good idea.

Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Save Lives.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2011-09-11 00:35:38

I totally loved the last episode personally. It was nice to have a bit of fun in there really in the finale. Also the episode before with Clocked Bender was awesome too. Great end to the series imo.

What I liked most about the last episode was how each segment had a joke in it about the viewers not being able to see what the characters could see. In the black and white one they got a new shade of colour - we could only see it as another tone of grey. The 8-bit animation had the professor finding the smallest possible unit of matter and to us that is just one single pixel, which is the smallest unit in terms of that kind of animation. And of course the Anime bit with its hilarious Zoidberg dancing which we cannot see due to the whole following Amine protocol of panning faces and words while the exchange happens.

Really I thought it was a clever and enjoyable different kind of episode. Plus the beginning just cracked me up enough that I loved everything afterwards regardless. When Fry and Leela in the black and white world, where they were just holding hands on the balcony of the Planet Express building watching the city and all it's typical Steambot Willie style with the bouncing background buildings and them too silently bobbing constantly and Leela just says "It's the stillness I love" or something. Its just brilliant.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the new series a lot more than I was a month ago.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2011-09-11 04:12:22

At 9/11/11 04:01 AM, ArthurGhostly wrote: So wait, what? I was watching them on sky 1

Oh I don't quite watch most television shows legally these days. Sky and Virgin and all that lot cost too much and I am but a poorly paid worker with more important bills. Like electricity and the internet that come first ;(

I'd be happy to send you a link to a decent site for streaming shows and films - over PM of course. We shouldn't discuss such things here.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2011-09-11 08:33:39

At 9/10/11 11:41 PM, Vidaria wrote: I liked the idea of different animation styles...i just wished they hadn't made such crappy stories to go along with a good idea.

It's funny, because although they were basic storylines, they've had basic ideas before such as reintroducing common cold in the future but there was a lot of depth to that. For that reason, they could have put more thought into the storylines for the first and second segments but at least there was something for the last one.

At 9/11/11 04:12 AM, Gagsy wrote: I'd be happy to send you a link to a decent site for streaming shows and films - over PM of course. We shouldn't discuss such things here.

Yeah. as a mod, I say we shouldn't have the links here but PM is OK. And besides, fuck them for making British viewers wait. I'd actually watch them on TV if they didn't take forever to come out over here.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2011-09-11 08:46:04

It's terrible because I love Futurama but cannot name episodes, seen every episode up to season 4, Benders Big Score and parts of the other 3 films, and up to about episode 18 of Season 6.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2011-09-11 08:57:06

At 9/11/11 08:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yeah. as a mod, I say we shouldn't have the links here but PM is OK.

Duh, I know that Bahamut. No need to get all commanding. We're not in the bedroom now.

And besides, fuck them for making British viewers wait. I'd actually watch them on TV if they didn't take forever to come out over here.

I guess we should be grateful that it's a lot sooner these days then it used to be like 5 or 10 years ago for American shows to be broadcast. The problem to me is that I use the internet, a lot. Avoiding spoilers can be be trying to play Minesweeper on hard if you can't count. You're going to hit a mine while trying very hard not to.

As long as we continue to pledge our undying love to good tv with the buying of dvd boxsets then does it really matter?

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2011-09-11 09:03:04

At 9/11/11 08:57 AM, Gagsy wrote: As long as we continue to pledge our undying love to good tv with the buying of dvd boxsets then does it really matter?

True that. The DVDs were what got Futurama popular and I'd be willing to buy the DVD/Blu-ray on day one. Maybe I can buy the Nibbler plush for additional support to the franchise.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2012-06-21 10:34:49

After a long wait for this miserable year, Futurama is back and I enjoyed the first two episodes to kick off season 7, even if they've made some continuity errors with the first one.

Also, don't ever force Futurama memes in your episodes ever again.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2012-06-21 18:59:25

At 6/21/12 06:28 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: And as for the "not sure if" meme in the first episode, I thought it was pretty funny. It's not like it was shoved in our faces, or anything, it was just an interesting shout-out to the fans.

Internet memes are the scum of humour. It didn't help when they had to throw in the line "Shut up and give me my loco." When Fry said that line, you could tell Billy West wasn't that enthusiastic to say that line.

I suppose this can be forgiven as long as they don't force the "I don't want to live on this planet anymore." line anywhere. Now that would be a new low for the show.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2012-06-25 12:26:37

At 6/22/03 09:27 PM, The-Mercenary wrote: Sorry if I spelled it wrong, but anyone wanna join?

of course i'll join your club i love the show!

Response to Th Futurama club. 2012-06-26 21:32:51

I know I am a little late to the party, but I would like to join up.
I've been checking out the new episodes, and to be honest I didn't like them as much.
But to be fair, that is how I felt in the first episodes of the last season, and eventually they seemed a lot better the second time watching.
I did like the 3012 doomsday one, but the ending was kind of weird to me.