00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Th Futurama club.

143,947 Views | 2,770 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-02-27 16:41:50

Also, there's now talks about season 6, which is good to hear.

YAY!

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-03-05 05:49:08

Living in Australia, I got the dud cover
Also, here's hoping either Fox or comedy central picks up futurama

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-03-05 06:55:41

**SPOILER**

Why did the female sign enable Fry to read minds?

Major plot hole there.... :\\\\

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-03-05 08:37:54

At 2/22/09 09:01 AM, Bahamut wrote: ******* SPOILER WARNINGS AHEAD *******

Well, I watched it and I've waited a few days for it to settle into my brain before I pass comment. Nice to see that Leo Wong has become even more offensive

Also, there's now talks about season 6, which is good to hear.

"Hello everyone, this is Hubert J. Farnsworth and you're listening to Hippo Juice. Good thing I brought my umbrella."

I think that it's really positive if Fox are going to bankroll a 6th season, although I would point to the comments at the bottom of the screen - if Fox hadn't messed around with the airtimes for Futurama, the ratings wouldn't have suffered in the first place.

At 3/5/09 06:55 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: **SPOILER**

Why did the female sign enable Fry to read minds?

I think it's something to do with infusing him with maternal feelings - everyone knows that mothers can read minds

"Don't keep pulling faces behind my back." *Kid stops pulling faces, quite shocked that Mum 'knew'

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-03-05 12:00:05

For all you little futurama nerds out there Into the Wild Green Yonder will most likely NOT be the last of the series. Due to the fact that the DVD's sold so well futurama might be picked up for another season by fox. But hopefully not fox. They suck and will ruin futurama again.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-03-05 15:15:08

At 3/5/09 12:00 PM, dsmking wrote: For all you little futurama nerds out there Into the Wild Green Yonder will most likely NOT be the last of the series.

Yeah, tell us 'little nerds' something that we don't already know :P

Due to the fact that the DVD's sold so well futurama might be picked up for another season by fox. But hopefully not fox. They suck and will ruin futurama again.

Yep, Family Guy syndrome looks likely to strike again. If Fox puts a decent broadcast schedule out, we might even see them start to get the audiences that they deserve :)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-03-06 04:05:13

Wah! Why...won't....family guy.....piss off?!

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-03-06 07:19:00

At 3/5/09 08:37 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 2/22/09 09:01 AM, Bahamut wrote: ******* SPOILER WARNINGS AHEAD *******
Well, I watched it and I've waited a few days for it to settle into my brain before I pass comment. Nice to see that Leo Wong has become even more offensive

Yeah, but why as a bad guy in the last Futurama film? I felt the idea with the miniature golf course and the eco-terrorists could have been put in a single episode for season 6.

I think that it's really positive if Fox are going to bankroll a 6th season, although I would point to the comments at the bottom of the screen - if Fox hadn't messed around with the airtimes for Futurama, the ratings wouldn't have suffered in the first place.

I guess it was really bad in America, but Sky1 put Futurama on at the right times and it was usually on right after The Simpsons.

At 3/5/09 12:00 PM, dsmking wrote: But hopefully not fox. They suck and will ruin futurama again.

This is my main concern about season 6. If FOX pick it up, how will they treat the show this time? I'm hoping they won't treat Futurama like shit again if they agree to run the sixth season.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-03-06 08:59:21

At 3/6/09 07:19 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/5/09 08:37 AM, Coop83 wrote: Well, I watched it and I've waited a few days for it to settle into my brain before I pass comment. Nice to see that Leo Wong has become even more offensive
Yeah, but why as a bad guy in the last Futurama film? I felt the idea with the miniature golf course and the eco-terrorists could have been put in a single episode for season 6.

Just like any of the eco-episodes that they won Emmys for. It's given me more scope for my vocal talents as well :P

At 3/5/09 12:00 PM, dsmking wrote: But hopefully not fox. They suck and will ruin futurama again.
This is my main concern about season 6. If FOX pick it up, how will they treat the show this time? I'm hoping they won't treat Futurama like shit again if they agree to run the sixth season.

Yeah, as FOX has the uncanny ability to kill the golden goose and flog the dead horse, although for a dead horse, the Simpsons is looking surprisingly spry and is certainly lining the pockets of the FOX executives.

Also, if I can speak to sonofkirk this evening, I will be submitting a small Zapp Brannigan audio montage, so keep an eye on the profile for the Audio Submission :)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-03-10 09:21:50

At 3/6/09 08:59 AM, Coop83 wrote: Also, if I can speak to sonofkirk this evening, I will be submitting a small Zapp Brannigan audio montage, so keep an eye on the profile for the Audio Submission :)

Speaking of which:

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-03-13 20:15:14

i want to join

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-03-14 07:06:37

At 3/13/09 08:15 PM, ibarrera13 wrote: i want to join

Welcome aboard. Who's your favourite character?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-04-02 03:59:36

I hope that we can all welcome our newest members to the Futurama Club, Leo, Inez and Amy Wong. They may technically be Americans, but they are of chinese stock, so they count!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-04-27 01:21:08

At 4/2/09 03:59 AM, Coop83 wrote: I hope that we can all welcome our newest members to the Futurama Club, Leo, Inez and Amy Wong. They may technically be Americans, but they are of chinese stock, so they count!

LOL

If a season 6 does happen, I bet its ratings will be through the roof.

Comedy Central already picked up one new show which I think it amazing. Krod Mandoon. I'm not sure if they have room for more Futurama. Hopefully, it'll hit network cable. That would be ideal.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-06-09 19:01:45

If THIS isn't good news, I don't know what is.

Can't wait until 2010.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-06-09 19:16:41

At 6/9/09 07:01 PM, Bahamut wrote: If THIS isn't good news, I don't know what is.

Can't wait until 2010.

26 new episodes of Futurama? This is very good news, I will inform my local masses.
But in all seriousness, it's about time. After 6 years of watching re-runs, and not getting bored watching them, you just know they HAVE to make new episodes eventually.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-06-10 08:01:58

At 6/9/09 07:01 PM, Bahamut wrote: If THIS isn't good news, I don't know what is.

Kudos to Matt Groening and David Cohen for never giving up and kudos to all of the loyal fans who demanded that this was brought back. Now we've only got to wait a matter of months for the new episodes.

I hope they get John Goodman back for Santabot at Xmas!

That's what I posted on the comments section. I'm overjoyed :)

At 6/9/09 07:16 PM, DumbassDude wrote: 26 new episodes of Futurama?

You know that it's going to be so many more than that. As Groening said, there's only 25,766 episodes to go until we catch up with Bender & Co in the year 3,000.

Not that Futurama will last that long, but another decade would be superb.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-06-10 08:10:29

HAZZA!!! I am super duper fucking happy they brought it back. I loved all the DVD movies and I new all the reruns and airtime would lead to new Episodes.

BITE MY SHINY METAL ASS CANCELLATION!!

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-06-10 11:09:27

At 6/10/09 08:01 AM, Coop83 wrote: I hope they get John Goodman back for Santabot at Xmas!

I want more Roberto.

You know that it's going to be so many more than that. As Groening said, there's only 25,766 episodes to go until we catch up with Bender & Co in the year 3,000.

I'd say give it 6 more seasons after the upcoming one and see how they are then. I don't want the show to last too long where it comes to the point where they completely ruin continuities like in The Simpsons. God, that show fucking sucks now!

At 6/10/09 08:10 AM, TheRipper00 wrote: HAZZA!!! I am super duper fucking happy they brought it back. I loved all the DVD movies and I new all the reruns and airtime would lead to new Episodes.

I'm glad to hear more people who enjoyed the DVDs, even though I wasn't particularly fond of the last film. I see a fair amount of people who claimed all 4 films sucked when it's a shame for them to say that since they're all far superior to The Simpsons Movie. That film's on the same suckiness level of Batman & Robin.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-06-12 05:46:45

At 6/10/09 11:09 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 6/10/09 08:01 AM, Coop83 wrote: I hope they get John Goodman back for Santabot at Xmas!
I want more Roberto.

He's a very 1 dimensional character, in my opinion. I always preferred characters like HedonismBot and Rev. Lionel PreacherBot

I'd say give it 6 more seasons after the upcoming one and see how they are then. I don't want the show to last too long where it comes to the point where they completely ruin continuities like in The Simpsons. God, that show fucking sucks now!

I just hope that we can see some stuff about what's happening with Fry and Leela. I want them to become a couple and really fuck up some of those fanfics!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-06-12 09:47:23

At 6/12/09 05:46 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 6/10/09 11:09 AM, Bahamut wrote: I want more Roberto.
He's a very 1 dimensional character, in my opinion. I always preferred characters like HedonismBot and Rev. Lionel PreacherBot

No-one beats the stabbing-obsessed robot. :P

I just hope that we can see some stuff about what's happening with Fry and Leela. I want them to become a couple and really fuck up some of those fanfics!

I actually thought they'd finally put their relationship into place. After all, look at how season 4 ended. It was an assumption that they'd be together more afterwards, but that was wrong as soon as Lars appeared. Despite that, the character development with Fry and Lars was still great.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-07-10 14:45:37

I'm a huge Futurama fan. I own all the episodes and movies and have seen them all at least five times each. I'm addicted. I hope the new episodes coming out aren't like the movies though; I want the show to resort back to its half-an-hour episode format with a new plot every episode and stuff. Also, I want the same voice acting, artists, animators, etc. I say if the show changes too much it's not worth making new episodes. Save the integrity! But if they can remake it just as good as before, go for it!

My favorite character is Scruffy. He's just... awesome. What's yours?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-07-10 14:56:59

By the way, I wanna join. This club is perfect for me. I was waiting to find people as obsessed with Futurama as I am.

So, am I in?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-07-10 15:03:05

Ooh, sorry for the triple post, but what's eveyone's favorite episode? I'm not sure I have one...

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-07-10 20:59:42

The Farnsworth Parabox

Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.

Sig by Her

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-07-10 23:56:47

At 7/10/09 08:59 PM, bdash1990 wrote: The Farnsworth Parabox

Good one.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-07-11 00:03:22

Whoa! I don't think I've ever seen this club. I'm shocked. I love Futurama! Is there any way I join? Or do I just post?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-07-11 02:41:09

At 7/10/09 08:59 PM, bdash1990 wrote: The Farnsworth Parabox

That episode was epic...
That is probably my favorite episode as well.

Biohasard, Staying neutral since 2009!

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-07-11 03:56:27

Yeah. I have seasons 1 and 2 from itunes and downloaded a bunch more (20-30 episodes) from Limewire

Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.

Sig by Her

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2009-07-11 03:57:39

and then all 4 movies of course

Sig by Her

BBS Signature