00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Post-Redesign Notes

38,311 Views | 391 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:14:25

i love the new layout, and im sure once you get everything sorted out we will never look back.
it was a little confusing to start with and im sure we will get more questions then ever coming from new users.. but thats always the case anyway and im sure that will be dealt with.

overall though the new layout is amazing and im really getting into some of the new features..
so many new pictures to play with in the userpages is hours of time wasting.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:15:55

I love it all Tom. Most people will just say that, but after sorting out some login problems, I simply love it all.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:18:12

Least favorite part:
The new look on the topic list on the BBS. It looks.... weird.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:19:51

The new graphics like icons and aura etc are very nice. The thing loads faster for me than ever (when the bugs don't get me) and the layout, although familiar, is new, refreshing and clean. My user experience on Newgrounds has never been nicer.

The only reason I prefer the old way is that it was a little rough around the edges, and I liked the symbolism of that. I always thought of Newgrounds as the best flash site online. I remember my first visit here, with all the violent, dirty, and bizarre flash here I was a bit overwhelmed. I don't recall when I signed up for an account, but it wasn't long after. I looked at Newgrounds as an online paradise for a Metalhead such as I. I mean come on, 98% of the other flash sites out there have really fruity games in comparison.

Sorry this was long...btw.

So yeah I'm a little bummed about the roughness being gone, but I can understand the need to move forward and make everything run smoother with more fluid layouts and a more user-friendly/user-involved system. So A++ on the new design. Can't wait to see it in action when the kinks are worked out.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:22:59

Tom you guys really delivered. Good job, great redesign, it makes using NG alot easier and it's much easier on the eyes.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:25:32

I like stuff like how you can find out if you have any new reviews on your submissions. And how I can ban people from posting on my page.
I guess if I'd have to bitch, it's some of the fussiness of the images whining about jpgs and gifs and stuff (I'm a png guy, myself). Not sure why you need a gif for the 46x46 avatar. I mean, doesn't the NG thumbnails convert to gifs anyway?

As for a couple of suggestions, it'd be neat if the inbox bit glowed a lil when you had new PMs.
And outside the redesign, how about a 3D collection, since we've been getting a fair amount of 3D movies (such as The Mascot and the one I recently made)?

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:25:33

I love the new update- espscially the new level icons and the userpages.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:27:02

Ugh, Everything is good but you said there wouldnt be any more ads...

Future sprite animator...

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:27:41

The new icons of course.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:32:47

I guess my least favourite part would be visiting the site yesterday - since almost every page caused my internet to disconnect.

Of course now I don't have that problem. Cool beans.

I think the best part is the front page redesign.

Testing, 1, 2, 3.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:35:51

My favourite part is definately the new user pages, I can see a whole load of potential for things like artists posting web comics, and the extra level of exposure it'll bring to everyone is great :D

My two least favourite parts are:
-The proximity of the 'add to favourites' link to the play game/watch movie link. Me and my clumsy mouse have made a few mistakes there already

-The page detailing the top 20 submissions for each review score catagory is gone! I need to find a list of what are considered the best movies graphically on NG, but now there's nothing :(

Overall, an amazing job, and for a site so full of curious users, it went off without any major issues, which is awesome. Yay NG staff!

Tom-

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:35:54

wait... HOW DO YOU DO "Random portal entry" ??!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:36:27

so many options are locked
I cant even change my favorite movies and bands
why?

Post-Redesign Notes

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:37:57

I love the new lvl icons. I don't like the new movie viewing system, it's good you can click pop-up though.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:41:52

I hate the way the system resizes the images for the profile/personalized icon. I want my face to show in all its glory!

Post-Redesign Notes

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:44:01

I love it all.

*This message is sponsored by Newgrounds.com

None

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:44:59

Oh and tom, the lack of pico makes pico feel neglected

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:45:29

I must say, New Newgrounds looks GREAT. I love all the artwork everywhere and the new features. All I don't like is the lag which is getting better, and the fact that I always click "Play Movie" rather than pop-up, but I will get used to it. I also think the font on the top buttons is a bit dull, but that's just me.

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:46:29

I'm loving it all. Especially Bytesize which had several problems yesterday. I frequently checked.
And of course I love the user pages and levels.

I'm just annoyed that there's no level icon list and no level 60 yet.

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:47:58

I like the audio portal. I also like the Newgrounds Player in the AP. All those different styles...Awesome.

Future sprite animator...

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:49:05

It looks great, good job, but I have one complaint so far....
The password retreival doesn't work.
I spent almost a half hour trying to figure out my password, because of this.
I just get the Angray-Faic with an error message every time.
SO far, thats my only issue with the redesign.
Good job otherwise.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:55:51

Userpages... the fact you can post your latest newblog entry thingy on the NG frontpage... and the bytesize player, although I would like to know who to speak too if we wanna make a short for the bytesize player Oo

I obv love the new level icons and the whole shinyness, but userpages = HAWT even though nobody comments on my stuffs :'(

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:55:55

At 7/18/07 08:21 AM, PaperBagMask wrote: TANK_SM.GIF

ICON_2.GIF

Post-Redesign Notes

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:56:07

At 7/18/07 08:30 AM, Scarab-Stalk33r wrote: I also have a question regarding the blog/news posts. Are they specifically for Flash artists or for anyone?

Everyone! We just offer more publicity for artists. There's potential that non-artists could gain publicity by making interesting posts about the NG community - such as posting about overlooked or specific genres of Flash, music, etc.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:57:42

At 7/18/07 09:46 AM, Black-Flame wrote: I'm loving it all. Especially Bytesize which had several problems yesterday. I frequently checked.
And of course I love the user pages and levels.

I'm just annoyed that there's no level icon list and no level 60 yet.

sorry if this is a double post but I doubt it is with the amount of people here... but there is a level 60 icon, go check the general forums some guy found it, it's god's hand over the earth =]

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:58:00

At 7/18/07 08:31 AM, Vengeance wrote: My favorite part is the new level icons and how easy it is to differenciate between users and admins.

Most of the cool things we DON'T do are because we're at the mercy of abusive users. For example, we don't allow .swf headers on user pages because of the potential for screamers and other other nastiness.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:58:04

I really like the new look. It's awesome... but isn't there suppose to be 60 levels?

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:59:40

My favorite part is the audio portal visualizations.

My least favorite part is that the visualizations don't stay the same when you look at music. I want the Angreh Faic vis, I want it to stay the Angreh Faic vis when I come back.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 09:59:50

Tom, you can't go to "My Audio Submissions" on you account page

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:00:32

Nothin for me to hate over here tom, just some gettin' used to but besides that "I'm lovein' it!"

+1 inch to their cock size to those who guess where that quote is from.

Too true:

SCUD14 wrote: I got kicked out a bookshop because someone misplaced the bibles. I returned them to their brethren in fiction.

BBS Signature