Respond to this Topic
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 08:48 AM Reply

I love the userpages, levels and forums the most. It has a much more personal and customized look than it had before.

Some inconvience problems with the audio portal though, like how you can't have a list of submissions your music is used in. And it's hard to keep track of reviews. The string of submissions concept was more convient and easy to keep track of

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer

At 7/18/07 08:17 AM, TomFulp wrote: Also, now that everyone has had a chance to look around, tell us what your FAVORITE part of the redesign is.

I'd have to say the new look of the site, and the new level icons (for the most part).

And as much as I hate to invite bad news, tell us what your LEAST FAVORITE part is, too... Unless you just LOVE IT ALL, which is fine by me. :)

My least favourite part is the new B/P badges. Sure, they are drawn better than the old ones, but I still preferred the old ones.

All in all though, great job!

BBS Signature
JediKiller1
JediKiller1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate

Great work! I think the BBS is still my favorite and I'll spend most of my time here. Just... BRING BACK ANIMOOTED SIGS!!

Post-Redesign Notes

BBS Signature
Phoog
Phoog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate

Goods
- Front page looks much nicer.
- User pages are a real nice feature.
- AP main page looks a lot cleaner, and sleeker.
- The new smilies look real good.
- New level icons and not needing as much experience to level is is real cool.
- Being able to change volume in the audio portal while listening to a track.
- Not having ParagonX9's awesome loops forced on you, but instead, top content of the week when you enter the AP main page.

Bads
- AP has got worse. Audio pages were good, it's too much like the FP now, and you can only view one song at a time.
- Typing faster than I'm typing. Y'know the text appearing a little late, and I get spaces and letters appear where I don't want them. And, no, it's not my bad typing.
- There is a while before forum posts appear.
- All the buttons are ugly as sin. The navbar joins them.
- There is still some stuff in the "My Account" page that doesn't work properly as far as I'm aware.
- Audio pages/AP main page does not display the genre of tracks, you have to open the page for the track in order to see all the information.
- Flash visual doesn't go in time with the audio tracks properly, and is quite annoying taking up a large section of the screen.

Improvements/Suggestions
- We should be allowed to gain experience from voting on audio. Otherwise we just keep random voting on Flash, which isn't fair for the Flash artist.
- Experience counts for higher votes in the AP. This is unfair, people who have no clue can tear down a track just because they have voted on some Flash. I'd say allow us to gain experience and blam/protect points for voting on the recently submitted audio. This will encourage more fair votes on AP users, and take the pressure off the FP for our random voting.
- Bring back audio pages. It was the most loved feature of the AP.

Generally I'd have to say I dislike the redesign more than what I like it. Being an AP user, I'd say things have got slightly worse.
And the forum is like "Woah!" on my eyes at the moment, but I seem to be getting used to it.

That is all... For now...

Spectacle
Spectacle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 08:49 AM Reply

At 7/18/07 08:39 AM, ramagi wrote:
At 7/18/07 08:32 AM, Spectacle wrote: also my voting power has gone down
This changed

Voting Power
Q: How is Voting Power determined?
A: Voting Power is based on a user's Rank, Blam and Protection points, Whistle level, and the number of reviews written. Take a look at the respective sections to see how voting power is affected by each.

The whole formula has changed.

yeah I know, but I mean my voting power went up after the redesign and now it's gone down again.

f

BBS Signature
ShortMonkey
ShortMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate

I also love how the layout gives a cartoon feel to the site rather than 3D or 2D real looking things that look pretty realistic... I love the cartoon style!

BBS Signature
Dopefish
Dopefish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Reader

Some of the new level icons bug me, mostly do the unnecessary bling effect on metal surfaces, but otherwise they're awesome.

The staff page is also awesome. I laughed pretty hard.

Have a lot of time on your hands? Want to help some starving children eat for free? Visit Free Rice and start playing today. Each correct answer donates 20 grains of rice!

BBS Signature
Charged
Charged
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 08:50 AM Reply

I'm liking the new profile pages.

I was expecting there to be an option to add a song to your profile, from the audio portal maybe? Have a think on that.

BBS Signature
uoip
uoip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate

I love the redesign, it's just so damn cool, there's a minor problem for me though, since I use Opera to browse the cinematic view doesn't come up, so I use the pop up window, it's not a biggie and I'm used to having to compromise somehow because of my browser (I make it sound like a religion, lol)
Congratulations on the redesign, it's great.
My favourite part might be the KICKASS that is the staff pages, such a cool piece of the site.

Please stop the Rickrolling!

Akula
Akula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate

Love: Angry face pop up and audio portal
Don't love: Eh...there were things I didn't like...eh...fuck I forgot.

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 08:51 AM Reply

Thanks tom for an update on some issues.

I think the review system needs some looking into, when reviewing and giving a movioe a score 1-10 you may forget so couldnt you add a popup when you hit "SEND" sayin >> You forgot to rate this movie.

you do it for a missed title, and probably would be very helpfull for the review voting portion aswell.

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
Robotussin
Robotussin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist

It's k.

The sig size is a little weird, but we can work with it.

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm tumblr

BBS Signature
PaperBagMask
PaperBagMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate

The gold sword has to be the most kickarse level icon at the moment.

Post-Redesign Notes

Tystarr
Tystarr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 08:52 AM Reply

Do you see my level?? ^_^
All that voting paid off.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?
I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 08:54 AM Reply

At 7/18/07 08:17 AM, TomFulp wrote: Also, now that everyone has had a chance to look around, tell us what your FAVORITE part of the redesign is. And as much as I hate to invite bad news, tell us what your LEAST FAVORITE part is, too... Unless you just LOVE IT ALL, which is fine by me. :)

Favorite: It's hard to pick. I do <3 the new audio portal though.

Least Favorite: That box that pops up when I try to upload something in safari. FIXNOWPLZthnks

Max-of-S2D
Max-of-S2D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 08:55 AM Reply

Well... everything, obviously :o

However the new homepage is freakin' awesome !

Sean-Bon-Jovi
Sean-Bon-Jovi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 08:56 AM Reply

I can't log in, on the regular user log in thing.

How you doin'

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 08:56 AM Reply

User pages are awesome, but I wish there was a way of "subscribing" to peoples user pages so you get updates as soon as they make a new user page post. Also I think the audio portal update has increased visits there so that's the best part of all this.

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Bbqbeefburgerman
Bbqbeefburgerman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Filmmaker
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 08:58 AM Reply

I really like the way the re-desing is in a way very oldschool yet very modern.
I also very much like the blog-ish userpage thingy.

What i DONT like about the redesing is the fact that we dont have those small profiles anymore. I also hate the way the submission page is really damn complicated and it doesnt help that it shows 2 newest reviews. Neither does it help that the audio section of the submission page shows every possible bit of info about the song. I also dont like that reviews dont have audio/graphics/violence ect separately anymore. I mean i personally like to know which parts of the flash people thought was the best and worse, even if they wont write a big bulk of text about it.

But yeah overall its awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/BBQBBM You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the BBQBEEFBURGERMAN, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name

BBS Signature
Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer

At 7/18/07 08:17 AM, TomFulp wrote: Also, now that everyone has had a chance to look around, tell us what your FAVORITE part of the redesign is. And as much as I hate to invite bad news, tell us what your LEAST FAVORITE part is, too... Unless you just LOVE IT ALL, which is fine by me. :)

-My favorite part of the redesign was the Audio Portal. Since you guys really made the audio portal better, I can review more audio's then ever. Also, I loved the Agnryfaic screen with his mouth moving rapidly.
-My least favorite part of the redesign is the lag. I know this will get fixed soon since you said that there are bugs to be fixed and yadda yadda yadda. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
PureLionHeart
PureLionHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate

My favorite part is probably a combination of A) How vibrant, slick and sheen everything looks now. And B) The new user pages in general.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest
"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature
ObsessedOne
ObsessedOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 08:59 AM Reply

pure awesomeness!

I code to match students with colleges and majors using sophisticated algorithms. Check it out!
My Horror Movie Thread

gostgamer
gostgamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate

me i would have to say the new level icons and auras.

" I'm not bullying any one, I'm just giving out really harsh constructive criticism"

BBS Signature
Burning-Typhoon
Burning-Typhoon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate

New look's great... Everything's great as long as it's not shutting down my entire internet explorer. Only thing I didn't like was the slow down, which is gone, but it didn't stop me for staying a while.

So... yeah, I'm one of the people who likes everything. I'm gonna be an active member again.

BBS Signature
SirFinland
SirFinland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 09:00 AM Reply

Now that I think of it, no there isn't any parts I don't like about. Well except for some reason I can't view my reviews on Flash Portal options. Same goes for Audio options too. Otherwise awesome job.

Striker028
Striker028
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 09:01 AM Reply

Hey Tom,

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG REDESIGN OMFG HOLY SHIT REDESIGN HOLY SHIT FINALLY OMFG REDESIGN!!!!!!!

Dude you guys rock, I'm serious. We owe you so much for all the endless hours of hard work you put into this thing. I'm so grateful for all your hard work, and I'm sure the other users are too. Tom, I love you. And uh, I mean that in a sorta hero worship way not a homo way. Nothin to worry about April ;). And all of you staff like Ross and Liljim and everyone else whose name I don't know, you all are awesome. Yeah I guess you rock too Wade. Well, thanks, and now it's time for you guys to enjoy the rewards of your endless nights slaving over hardware and paperwork and whatever else you worked on ;). Now would be a hell of a time for a party, Ng style (meaning lots of drinks and "fun"). Haha....

In other words....thanks ^_^.

K sry you can go back to reading comments/criticism now :D

Fatal
Fatal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate

Being able to post news on the homepage is sweet.

I don't really have a least favourite, it's all awesome :3

XBL Gamertag: MysticBasilisk add me if your hardcore enough.
Sheezy | Ngcollabs

BBS Signature
Steve84
Steve84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer

Tom the best part for me is no more popups anymore man but I just love new whole look man looks wonderful

Sqeezy
Sqeezy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 09:03 AM Reply

I love some of the new Downloads, the wallpapers especially.

The Angry Faic made me shit bricks, that was awesome.

I'm not too fond of the new FlashPortal for some reason.. I loved the interactive banners.. and the one now is kinda unmotivating in a weird sense, though it does look sweet.

I think Newgrounds still lacks more random fun gadgets and features.
Some new content. I like the eastereggs, but I demand more. There's not really much to keep yourself busy with on the site.

I love the icons.. I'm really in love with Utahs artstyle, it makes the site oh so sexy. I love all new graphics.
It's still sorta buggy and therefor leaves me unsatisfied.. but I browsed through everything and I'm still in love with NG, waiting for the new redesign now.

It's improved yet leaves me with the feeling my stuff is gonna go under below the shiny surface and contrastless that remains as the longawaited sequel of NG rises. Just don't really feel part of it anymore atm.

I'm also in desperate need of a yellow/golden aura.
Striker028
Striker028
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Post-Redesign Notes Jul. 18th, 2007 @ 09:04 AM Reply

oh and i forgot

in the audio portal, don't make it so that we can vote on the songs everyday. Cuz now the authors are just fiving their own songs, and nobody else is voting on them. until the AP gets more exposure, i just think that it should go back to the old way of voting once. just my opinion ^^