00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Post-Redesign Notes

38,312 Views | 391 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 23:00:14

favorite part: new audio portal.

least favorite part: no more animated sigs.

I dont even.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 23:11:58

Is there a new psp browser website? i cant seem to find it, and the older one (www.newgrounds.com/psp) dosnt work.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 23:14:14

I'm so glad I was called up to look at this majestic website. No, majestic is a terrible word to describe this site, but I felt like using a fancy word. Awesome though.

I'm not sure what my favourite part is, but I'm certainly impressed by the audio portal's player. I tried listening to the audio portal once and found it too annoying to use. Somebody made some sort of audio portal radio thing, but I just didn't want to use that. Now I can appreciate the music made by Newgrounds' musicians.

The part I hate the most is probably the fact that when I type, everything is in slow motion, but I'm assuming that this will be fixed.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 00:23:18

i liked the user pages most. and i really like the news thingy we get in our user pages.

only thing i dont like is the way the scoring is in reviews. Like we get Ten stars but no spacific things to rate. i mean like how the options graphics and humor and such are gone. Like we cant be spacific unless we state it in a review. Im cool with explaining it in a review when i review stuff. but if someone else doesnt explain on what they would rate the humor and such i reaIly dunno how i did. I usually used the scores on those things to tell on what i needed to improve on.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 00:23:30

My favorite part of the redesign is that Pimp no longer has the grounds gold users in a levelling up chokehold.

darcness1 sez: Newgrounds moderators scare small children.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 00:31:02

Favorite: Userpages- They were the only thing that really felt like they were missing from the old Newgrounds, and I think that their addition is the best thing that could have happened to this site.

Least Favorite: Minor Change- Colors are possibly but indistinguishably changed, buttons are in slightly different places- and I don't think I can handle it. Nothing ruins my life harder mild affronts to the status quo...

Seriously, good move with the user pages.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 00:54:42

every thing look awesome keep up the great work :D

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 00:59:32

At 7/18/07 08:21 AM, PaperBagMask wrote: TANK_SM.GIF

yea seconded, even if you don't bring it back, make a page in honor of it(easter egg?)

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 01:02:16

The whole new site is sooo well done. Everything just looks so much better. I don't know which part is my favorite. I do recall being mesmerized by that little thing on the front page with all the little cut-outs of movies playing. I also especially like the new layout of the movie pages, and the fact that the authors comments aren't cut off.

I dont think there is anything I don't like. I've been too distracted by the awesomeness of it all.

I've covered wars, ya know.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 01:09:49

Actually, now that I noticed it, I don't like it that the"amount of views awards" are no longer existent, unless that's just temporary. My Daily Feature award is lonely now =(.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 01:10:05

At 7/18/07 08:17 AM, TomFulp wrote: Also, now that everyone has had a chance to look around, tell us what your FAVORITE part of the redesign is.

NEW LEVEL ICONS, YAY!!!

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 01:39:37

As I was wandering through the Indie Audio Portal, and any other audio as a matter of fact I saw

Viewing 1-50 of 744 submissions. Jump to page: [ navbar pages here ]

when will the pages be added?

If life lets you down, remember you were the fastest sperm to the egg

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 01:55:32

i agree with infinateloop,the user pages r the best thing about the redesign.The worst thing is that i cant change pages at the audio portal!

Post-Redesign Notes

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 03:08:00

You website needs more beavers tom.

Make it snappy. CHOP CHOP.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 03:11:44

the redesign is too sexy for words.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 03:35:17

Great job on the redesign!

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 06:44:58

Very nice redesign. The whole page looks more suitable to the rest of the page. But one thing is disturbing me : The forum looks a bit ... loveless. Keep on great working. The sections are well listed.
Hm on my resolution of 1280x1024, it is a litte small, but this is my problem ;)

Sry for my bad english, i'm just a german guy ^^

suicide bunnies ... killing themselves ... for a demonstration of "how - ugly - life - can -be"

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 07:23:07

well my favourite part is the no pop ups and the way u made the design and also the way u rate videos (games) it made it alot cooler my least favourite was nothing!

Lord Thanatos

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 08:23:48

I love it. It so god damn awesome. The only thing I don't like is the way all the flashes are intagrated into your window, I'd prefer it if they were a seperate window. Apart from that, nothing wrong with it!

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 08:23:51

make the flashes open another page :( i want to look around ng whislt watching them

predictable...

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 08:34:32

Kinda a repost ;)

BUT THE SITE IS FANTASTIC.. I like the whole look and feel very impressive and it's great that you gave us kinda a small step into the new design with the new header back all them months ago.

NOW for my PERSONAL quirks..

1.) In writing a review, all the factors are missing (Humor, Style, Violence , Etc) and only have a 0 ~ 10 over all rating. This is now redundant because of the 0 - 5 rating for the quick vote. I spent a GREAT deal of my movie loading time reading the reviews and I like to see compared to what people write what do they rank for each area. Thins kinda takes a big part of the newgrounds community away from me.

2.) Missing noise when submitting portal vote 0 ~ 5

3.) Can we set a default to WATCH THIS MOVIE to popup in our user options.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 08:42:29

I just love every freaking inch of it. NG ROCKS!

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 09:51:57

At 7/19/07 08:23 AM, muchcoolerthanu wrote: make the flashes open another page :( i want to look around ng whislt watching them

They have a "popup" button...

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 10:52:11

I loved everything but there is one problem...
NEWGROUNDS PSP IS GONE!!

Post-Redesign Notes

GUNZP KIKS AsS

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 12:14:28

A helluva a job done Tom, and a great one at that. All that down time was rather unbearable but it's nice to see you did the site justice.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 13:04:32

At 7/19/07 08:34 AM, XPNet wrote:

2.) Missing noise when submitting portal vote 0 ~ 5

I miss the Voting Sound Effect too. =(

Other than that, Awesome Job, NG staff!

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 13:34:37

I pray to god every night and day, so the lag would go. It's fucking hell! I want it fixed.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 14:14:03

me likey new newgrounds allot =3 but i really hate it that when a flash is activated u cant go back to old page and that the message box cant keep up wih my 1337 typing skills XD ok i dont have 1337 typing skills but it just cant keep up with me!

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 15:27:46

My problem is that when you watch a Flash in-window, 9 times out of 10 there are black rectangles that appear on screen. I've given submissions lower scores because I thought it was their fault, but then I realized that all the submissions have the problem as well. I hope the in-window thing is either fixed, or gone, because it takes away from me browsing New Grounds.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-19 16:25:54

Here's a question, tom.

What kind of victory dance did you and the other admins do when this thing was finally done?

The charleston? The disco duck? The twist? jitterbug?