00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Djsjwks just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why do americans like musicals?

4,120 Views | 41 Replies

Response to Why do americans like musicals? 2007-01-27 01:19:44

I'm American, and i hated everyone of the movies you listed

And that's profiling, profiling is bad

you bloody english twit, cheerio

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?

Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Why do americans like musicals? 2007-01-27 01:27:23

Americans love(d): Marry Poppins, Sound of Music, Happy Feet.

hint love(D)

How come we're still alive? In these kingdoms of filth, when heaven's so abstract and hell is so real...

BBS Signature

Response to Why do americans like musicals? 2007-01-27 07:34:03

At 1/27/07 12:37 AM, SilentProtagonist wrote: I am an American, and I don't like musicals.

Dingo fucker!

Hehe, not many Australians fuck dingo. In fact, I've never heard of it. I don't know what you've been doing lately to give you that sort of impression, but Australians don't normally engage in intimate relationships with animals.

At 1/27/07 12:39 AM, SyntheticTacos wrote: HAY ITS ME LOLOUTLOUD AGAIN AND I CANT TLE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A STEREOTYPE AND A PEOPLE LOL.

Hehe, that might have been a good impersonation if it weren't written by a six year old.

Seriously, is it that hard to grasp that a nation has more than one type of person in it? There are plenty of Americans who hate musicals as well. You might as well say "WHY DO ALL BLACK PEOPLE LIKE THE RAP MUSIC LOL" and I would point you to a picture of SeƱor Cosby.

There's a difference between stereotyping and generalizing. Stereotyping is when you claim that EVERYONE that fits a certain criteria has certain attributes. Generalizing is when you claim that a LARGE PORTION of a group possessed certain attributes.

In my case, I was generalizing. Saying that, comparing to other nations, Americans love their musicals. I was born in a French speaking island myself and I can tell you right now, that I have NEVER heard of a French musical - other than on children's shows.

Bla

Response to Why do americans like musicals? 2007-01-27 07:37:44

I love musicals? When the hell did this happen?

Response to Why do americans like musicals? 2007-01-27 07:45:57

At 1/27/07 12:48 AM, cellardoor6 wrote:
At 1/26/07 07:32 PM, LolOutLoud wrote: It's funny but a few years back, my dad pointed out that Americans love cheesy musicals...
You're a moron.

How would you like it if I said.

"its funny but a few years back my dad told me that all Australians:

1 Have bad teeth
2 Smell bad
3 Use bushes instead of toilettes
4 Fuck kangaroos
5 Hunt the Aboriginese people for fun
6 Ride around on make-shift fortresses on the highway and slay eachother with crossbows like in the movie "Mad Max"
7 Eat mostly snake meat
8 Make their own clothes out of the hides of wallabies and crocodiles"

Ok, so let me take your approach.

- Every single person is totally different from one another.
- A white person is as different from another white person as he/she is from a black person.
- The fact that the American people have been proven to work for longer hours per week than Australians is just a myth, after all, we can't stereotype populations as large as the US, oh no!
- The fact that Europeans were technologically advanced was due to the fact that they had received help from Extra-Terrestrial beings. Oh wait... I forgot, that would be stereotyping Aliens as smart....
- That fact that the US is the fattest nation in the world is a lie. Middle aged American women are just as slim as the French or any other nation.
- The fact that 20% of South Africans have HIV/AIDS compared to just 0.02% in the US is just a coincidence, after all we're all so unique as INDIVIDUALS not as groups.

Bla

Response to Why do americans like musicals? 2007-01-27 07:48:42

At 1/27/07 07:38 AM, cellardoor6 wrote:
At 1/27/07 07:34 AM, LolOutLoud wrote:
In my case, I was generalizing. Saying that, comparing to other nations, Americans love their musicals. I was born in a French speaking island myself and I can tell you right now, that I have NEVER heard of a French musical - other than on children's shows.
Um... Les Miserables.

that's a theatrical performance caught on tape. Not a regular movie. The author is actually a poet.

Bla

Response to Why do americans like musicals? 2007-01-27 07:52:48

At 1/27/07 07:38 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: ... made up your mind that you want to trash Americans no matter what.

Just because I want to murder them, doesn't mean I don't like 'em :p

Bla

Response to Why do americans like musicals? 2007-01-27 08:30:03

At 1/27/07 07:54 AM, cellardoor6 wrote:
At 1/27/07 07:52 AM, LolOutLoud wrote:
At 1/27/07 07:38 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: ... made up your mind that you want to trash Americans no matter what.
Just because I want to murder them, doesn't mean I don't like 'em :p
How will you find time to murder Americans when you and your countrymen are constantly beating helpless Arab immigrants in your country?

hehe, Arabs wouldn't be half bad if they tryed to fit in.
And yes, French internal politics SUCK... I mean, the French have very good international standing... Sadly they're pretty crap on the inside. Australia on the other hand is good all over. To me Australia is the PERFECT country... Except for the heat!!!

Bla

Response to Why do americans like musicals? 2007-01-27 10:22:45

I think most musicals are dumb and cheesy as fuck. Maybe older people like them, but not me...certainly not me.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Why do americans like musicals? 2007-01-27 10:34:10

At 1/27/07 07:48 AM, LolOutLoud wrote:
Um... Les Miserables.
that's a theatrical performance caught on tape. Not a regular movie. The author is actually a poet.

The Sound of Music was a theatrical performance. Most musicals are. You can't honestly say that Les Miserables isn't a musical.

Response to Why do americans like musicals? 2007-01-27 10:42:54

At 1/26/07 07:32 PM, CrimsonEdge wrote: We don't. People who are obsessed with Hollywood shit are.

Goddamn zombies, agreed. I don't even know why people devote their life to following celebrities, especially that hilton bitch.

Please post in My Art Thread!

| your- possesive | you're- you are | ur- not a word | their- belonging to them | there- referring to place | they're- they are |

GET IT RIGHT.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do americans like musicals? 2007-01-27 10:58:27

I can't bear it when i'm watching a film or TV program when they suddenly break into
Song / dance. It usually has nothing to do with the plot. Most of the time it just jalts the plot and makes things longer.

Somebody make me a cunting signature.