New Topic Respond to this Topic
Limited
Limited
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 02:05 PM Reply

I was undecided on the stars. Version 3.

Woo for the triple post.

Newgrounds Sig Makers

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 02:28 PM Reply

I'm very aroused.

Donut
Donut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 03:24 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 02:28 PM, Makeshift wrote: I'm very aroused.

dude what

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.
PSN ID:Peegler
Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature
Neoncrotch
Neoncrotch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 01:39 PM, Makeshift wrote: I'm using your full name.

this will probably get fucked by quality.

This one really looks good. Next time I want a sig like that but not right now. I'm going to enjoy this sig for a while.

BBS Signature
LoliTastic
LoliTastic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 02:04 PM, Limited wrote: Version 2

That one is really nice man! Your pretty good!

Pretty Cool Youtube Channel
"I have a theory that every conversation, if allowed to continue long enough, will eventually contain a Monty Python reference."-Cleverbot

BBS Signature
LoliTastic
LoliTastic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 08:04 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 02:28 PM, Makeshift wrote: I'm very aroused.

what? i guess i am too

Pretty Cool Youtube Channel
"I have a theory that every conversation, if allowed to continue long enough, will eventually contain a Monty Python reference."-Cleverbot

BBS Signature
newgroundskeeperjim
newgroundskeeperjim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 10:10 PM Reply

Hey guys! It's another generic request you guys dislike! Meh, I don't have anything specific in mind, but I'd like the following quote as my sig: "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."
Then my name in the bottom right in smaller text, but of the same font. But can my name be in all caps or written as "NewgroundsKeeperJim?" That is all. Feel free to be creative with the background and whatnot.

SirKillington is your new god.
Mongo just pawn... in game of life.

BBS Signature
CagedSilhouette
CagedSilhouette
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 11:41 PM Reply

At 8/12/10 08:05 AM, Limited wrote: Okay guys, here's a first from me. I usually like making my own sigs, I guess because I know exactly what I want.

Late sig for Limited. Sorry about that once again man. >_<

*crosses fingers* Hope it looks alright...

Newgrounds Sig Makers

BBS Signature
CagedSilhouette
CagedSilhouette
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 11:48 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 11:41 PM, CagedSilhouette wrote:
*crosses fingers* Hope it looks alright...

v2**

If this one doesn't look right I'll have to redo it tomorrow...

Newgrounds Sig Makers

BBS Signature
Neoncrotch
Neoncrotch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 11:58 PM Reply

Ok guys, this is my last request. I want to see something creative. My sig is kinda outdated and I would like something much better. Do anything, it's your choice since I have no clue what I want and it seems you guys are really good at making other's their own sigs. I know my username is lame so deal with it. :(

BBS Signature
Donut
Donut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 04:00 AM Reply

At 8/17/10 11:58 PM, Neoncouch wrote: Ok guys, this is my last request. I want to see something creative. My sig is kinda outdated

Outdated?
I made it for you a few days ago.
also lolitastic

Newgrounds Sig Makers

BBS Signature
Neoncrotch
Neoncrotch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 05:32 AM Reply

At 8/18/10 04:00 AM, Donut wrote:
At 8/17/10 11:58 PM, Neoncouch wrote: Ok guys, this is my last request. I want to see something creative. My sig is kinda outdated
Outdated?
I made it for you a few days ago.
also lolitastic

Not to disrespect but it kinda looks familiar; like I've seen the style of it a hundred times. I mean I like it but I wanted it to be more creative. I'll still remember it as my very first sig that someone made for me, though. Don't be mad, I still love you!

BBS Signature
Ninjar
Ninjar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 05:39 AM Reply

NGSM's Sig of the Week has begun!

My Art :: Want a custom signature? :: PSN: Artagious

BBS Signature
xEmoRangerx
xEmoRangerx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 10:09 AM Reply

At 8/16/10 01:04 PM, HighWay wrote:
At 8/14/10 03:18 PM, xEmoRangerx wrote: can anyone make my request? pls
Sorry I couldn't put the name in the middle, but I think it turned out alright.

Thanks alot!

BBS Signature
CagedSilhouette
CagedSilhouette
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 11:48 PM, CagedSilhouette wrote: If this one doesn't look right I'll have to redo it tomorrow...

Final version for Limited**

This is the one I'm most satisfied with. Sorry for posting so many versions. If a mod happens to see this, I suppose they could delete my previous two posts with the other versions. I'll probably make a news post just for Limited with different colors to pick from, if he likes the sig that is. :)

Peace guys. Keep pumping out those rockin' sigs.

Newgrounds Sig Makers

BBS Signature
CagedSilhouette
CagedSilhouette
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 07:50 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: hey yeah can i get a sig that says bbm in nice big letters and has some really jazzy colours or something i dont care something like that yeah

Dunno if this is what you wanted, but I felt like experimenting. I'll make another if you wish.

Newgrounds Sig Makers

BBS Signature
Limited
Limited
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 03:40 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 02:48 PM, CagedSilhouette wrote: Peace guys. Keep pumping out those rockin' sigs.

This is a very close second favourite, I'm only preferring Ninjar's because of the colourful feel. It's pretty damn good though, and although it's not my favourite, it is the best sig.

Oh and how did you make that sig for BBM? Like, the different colours?

BBS Signature
CagedSilhouette
CagedSilhouette
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 03:40 PM, Limited wrote: This is a very close second favourite, I'm only preferring Ninjar's because of the colourful feel. It's pretty damn good though, and although it's not my favourite, it is the best sig.

Yeah, I love Ninjar's choice of color. He's a great sig maker. I dunno about the best, as it was forced. It actually took me hours to make it. I haven't made a sig that took me more than an hour in a really long time. Still, I'm satisfied with the result. Thanks again for the show of appreciation. :]

Oh and how did you make that sig for BBM? Like, the different colours?

Tut time! I was waiting for someone to comment on that. I'll try and duplicate the results just give me a minute... Actually this might take a bit longer. I'll post the tut tonight, if not in an hour or so.

BBS Signature
Limited
Limited
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 06:20 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 05:45 PM, CagedSilhouette wrote: Tut time! I was waiting for someone to comment on that. I'll try and duplicate the results just give me a minute... Actually this might take a bit longer. I'll post the tut tonight, if not in an hour or so.

In fact, you don't need to make a full tut for this one if you don't want, but how the hell did you make my sig?

I swear, you know mountains more than any of the other regulars here, definitely including myself.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 07:02 PM Reply

Hi there,
I want a new sig and I'd like if I could get one from one of us seeing as you have always made me good ones in the past. I want this as the background, with some of these (either one or one on each side). With my user name in this font in an appropriate colour scheme. Hope to hear from you soon :) good luck making it and thank you for your time.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Darkefyre
Darkefyre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 07:14 PM Reply

Hey guys. My app might be a bit difficult to do because the majority of the time I'm a difficult person ;). No problem if you can't get it done.

Text you would like on your signature and any formatting there in: There are 10 types of people in the world: People who understand binary, and people who don't.

The theme you would like your sig to follow. Include any links to pictures here:Geeky/Robotty. Something along the lines of following the slight theme of this picture: http://antiterra.blogsport.eu/2010/03/10 /defend-robots/ (probably not using the picture, but following the theme)

Colors you would like to see in your sig or you would like to exclude:Either black and red, or black and green, or anything geeky. No pink, or really any bright colors.

Additional comments on layout/animation should go here: Again, this will be a difficult app. No problem if you can't do it.

Robots will take over, and when that happens, the world will depend on the Newgrounders to bust some titanium!

Wickedly awesome sig by Ninjar, of the Newgrounds Sig Makers.

BBS Signature
CagedSilhouette
CagedSilhouette
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 07:32 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 06:20 PM, Limited wrote: In fact, you don't need to make a full tut for this one if you don't want, but how the hell did you make my sig?

I already finished. >_<

I still have the .PSD for yours if you're interested(PM me about it, I'll upload it somewhere, somehow). You could probably half-way see how I do it. Most of the shit I make on Photoshop is a result of one of two things: Experimenting, or a combination of things I've figured out through other experiments. A few of my favorite filters are Distort>Wave; Blur>Gaussian Blur, Motion Blur; Pixelate>Fragment, Mosiac; Stylelize>Extrude, Wind; and a few others. Most of the effects I achieve are from styling layers, merging them with blank layers, and then styling them again. You gotta remember, I've been doing this for about 5+ years. It's almost second nature to me, though it is almost a perishable thing... Not quite though. (Maybe if I took like a 30 year break O_o).

Other than that, I just may have an unfair advantage in using natural mind expanding substances...
>_>
<_<
I swear, you know mountains more than any of the other regulars here, definitely including myself.

I've only ever received my inspiration from the regulars here, who have come and gone over the years. It just may be that I'm one of the few remaining "older" regs(if there is such a thing) who still piddles around with sigs and shit like that. I know I've seen Shaun in here not too long ago, and he's a great sig maker too. Most all of the regulars now are great themselves(this includes you, my good sir).

Here's that tut, by the way(sorry about the quality, it's in .GIF format to meet size requirements):

Sorry it's all scrunched together >_<

Newgrounds Sig Makers

BBS Signature
Donut
Donut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 07:41 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 07:32 PM, CagedSilhouette wrote:
stuff

Holy shit, I wish I was as good as you.
too bad i'm mediocre at best
Where did you learn to do all of this? I mean, i know you said you experimented, but is there any particular sites you used to learn?

BBS Signature
SovietAmerica
SovietAmerica
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 07:53 PM Reply

Can someone please make a sig like the one I have, but the flag is bigger? (big enough to cover most of it)

IN SOVIET AMERICA...Wait, what DOES happen in Soviet America?
Sig made by CagedSilhouette, Many thanks to him.

BBS Signature
CagedSilhouette
CagedSilhouette
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 08:10 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 07:41 PM, Donut wrote: Holy shit, I wish I was as good as you.
too bad i'm mediocre at best
Where did you learn to do all of this? I mean, i know you said you experimented, but is there any particular sites you used to learn?

Well, I suppose deviantart would be a good place for PS tutorials. Other than that, over the years I'd just get advice from other sig makers. One of the best ways to learn is to try and mimic certain styles you see in other sigs. I mean, it might be kinda hard to do that with some of my sigs, cause quite a few have like 30-40+ layers sometimes.

The programs you use have a lot to do with it too. I didn't get this good until I started using Photoshop CS2. Before that I used Fireworks, and trust me. I was extremely bad(in comparison to myself and others here now). Before that I was pretty much a notch up from the absolute value of shit. I was using Flash MX. Half my sigs then didn't have proper borders, the colors would be off, stuff like that. I basically just copied pics off the internet and pasted them... in almost every sig. Though, Flash is pretty handy for animated stuff. Too bad we can't use animated sigs anymore. Meh.

At 8/18/10 07:53 PM, SovietAmerica wrote: Can someone please make a sig like the one I have, but the flag is bigger? (big enough to cover most of it)

Simple enough. Here you go. :)

Newgrounds Sig Makers

BBS Signature
SovietAmerica
SovietAmerica
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 08:49 PM Reply

Thanks for the sig

IN SOVIET AMERICA...Wait, what DOES happen in Soviet America?
Sig made by CagedSilhouette, Many thanks to him.

BBS Signature
gameingexpert
gameingexpert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 19th, 2010 @ 12:11 AM Reply

Since the new cowboy bebop movie has been announced I really wanted a good Spike Spiegel sig. It should be 120px height, 500px width and say Potterondrugs. a good referance http://www.storytellersbookclub.com/chim age.php?image=spike0.jpg. Anyway thank you!

gameingexpert
gameingexpert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 19th, 2010 @ 12:12 AM Reply

A minor correction It should say Potterondrugs or Spike spiegal or both but not gameingexpert thanks

CagedSilhouette
CagedSilhouette
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 19th, 2010 @ 03:05 AM Reply

At 8/19/10 12:12 AM, gameingexpert wrote: A minor correction It should say Potterondrugs or Spike spiegal or both but not gameingexpert thanks

I love Cowboy Bebop. I'll get to it tomorrow.

BBS Signature
Neoncrotch
Neoncrotch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Sig Makers Aug. 19th, 2010 @ 05:57 AM Reply

Can someone make a new sig for me? I like mine a little more creative. Do what ever you feel like doing, It's your choice. Just make it colorful and spunky.

BBS Signature