Be a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

  • 898,229 Views
  • 30,077 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Radaketor
Radaketor
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-01 22:56:44 Reply

lolromanwins

Why did i even get my hopes up at the end of the bout? Of course Vinnie would never allow someone that was in TNA to get the top title in the company.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-02 11:09:32 Reply

RAW after the PPV tonight. How many rematches will we see?


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-02 11:49:29 Reply

At 5/1/16 09:54 PM, Radaketor wrote: Screwjob 2.0

It didn't even make sense... why would the referee ever do that for anyone other than his boss? At least with Bret and Shawn it made some sort of sense.

All that finish showed me is WWE creative is STILL stuck in the past. What a retarded angle to take.


Arch-Angel likes this sig!

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-02 13:21:16 Reply

At 5/2/16 11:49 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: All that finish showed me is WWE creative is STILL stuck in the past. What a retarded angle to take.

The only good thing that could happen is seeing more of Brett Hart.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-03 10:55:47 Reply

At 5/2/16 01:21 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/2/16 11:49 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: All that finish showed me is WWE creative is STILL stuck in the past. What a retarded angle to take.
The only good thing that could happen is seeing more of Brett Hart.

Bret looked so fucking bored on Sunday. He's super jaded about modern wrestling, his podcast is nothing but moaning. Clearly just there for the cash.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Radaketor
Radaketor
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-03 11:18:02 Reply

At 5/3/16 10:55 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 5/2/16 01:21 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/2/16 11:49 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: All that finish showed me is WWE creative is STILL stuck in the past. What a retarded angle to take.
The only good thing that could happen is seeing more of Brett Hart.
Bret looked so fucking bored on Sunday. He's super jaded about modern wrestling, his podcast is nothing but moaning. Clearly just there for the cash.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/bret-hart-couldnt-be-less-excited-over-wwe-payback-2016-appearance

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-03 12:03:42 Reply

RAW was okay last night. Stephanie is pretending to be nice, but she did cancel the Ambrose asylum. Chris Jericho's Highlight reel has returned.

The Vaudevillians said that Enzo was " the realist guy in the emergency room. They also did the proper version of, How are you doing? " They did earn some heat, but they could of went way worse with it.

Last match was Reigns wins, so borring.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
EGeraldhuebner
EGeraldhuebner
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-07 03:40:56 Reply

At 4/14/03 01:23 PM, Frank wrote: this is the wrestling club! Talk about anything that has to do with wrestling (preferably the wwe).

I residentevilfan shall be member #1

yeahaaaaaaaaa, I'm in, fan since the 80's, here is my reference ^^

https://www.google.de/?gws_rd=ssl#q=EGeraldhuebner+cagematch

110 comments since 2007 (WCW, ECW, mostly WWE naturally)

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-07 10:40:33 Reply

At 5/7/16 03:40 AM, EGeraldhuebner wrote:
At 4/14/03 01:23 PM, Frank wrote: this is the wrestling club! Talk about anything that has to do with wrestling (preferably the wwe).

I residentevilfan shall be member #1
yeahaaaaaaaaa, I'm in, fan since the 80's, here is my reference ^^

https://www.google.de/?gws_rd=ssl#q=EGeraldhuebner+cagematch

110 comments since 2007 (WCW, ECW, mostly WWE naturally)

What are your thoughts on the Vaudevillians? Do you like them? Should they win the tag team titles?


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
Radaketor
Radaketor
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-08 21:23:19 Reply

At 5/8/16 04:58 PM, Radaketor wrote: Fuck you, WWE.

Hornswaggle still had a job?


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
EKM
EKM
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Artist
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-08 22:24:42 Reply

I'm not surprised that Hornswoggle was still with the WWE, because I remember back when JTG was with WWE from 2006 to 2014. It's crazy how that guy lasted that long barely being used on TV.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-09 00:45:06 Reply

At 5/8/16 10:24 PM, EKM wrote: I'm not surprised that Hornswoggle was still with the WWE, because I remember back when JTG was with WWE from 2006 to 2014. It's crazy how that guy lasted that long barely being used on TV.

He must of been useful, or had an awesome contract.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
DomoMekko
DomoMekko
  • Member since: May. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-09 10:36:20 Reply

At 5/8/16 04:58 PM, Radaketor wrote: Fuck you, WWE.

I really wish that they turned barrett face before he left


I <3 Rainbow Dash

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-09 10:47:01 Reply

At 5/9/16 10:36 AM, DomoMekko wrote:
At 5/8/16 04:58 PM, Radaketor wrote: Fuck you, WWE.
I really wish that they turned barrett face before he left

He was okay in singles. and I will miss the League of Nations.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
EKM
EKM
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Artist
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-09 14:38:45 Reply

I think Wade Barrett just got sick and tired of his career going nowhere in the WWE. He should have been a top wrestler, but after his Nexus days, he was dropped down the ladder. When he started getting over again as Bad News Barrett, WWE just scrapped that gimmick after he came back from his injury. Speaking of injuries, that was a big hindrance. They really missed the chance to make him WWE World Champion back when he was red hot as Nexus leader. He should have at LEAST beaten top guys more often.

The League of Nations was shit. Here are four guys WWE could have used to dominate, but instead, made them a bunch of losers banding together. Why? What was the point? It didn't make them look stronger in the end. These were four guys that all beat John Cena as singles competitors. LoN made them look weak. They could have used Sheamus, Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre (when he was still around) and formed the European Connection or something and just aggressively beat the shit out of everyone.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-09 15:08:42 Reply

At 5/9/16 02:38 PM, EKM wrote: The League of Nations was shit. Here are four guys WWE could have used to dominate, but instead, made them a bunch of losers banding together. Why? What was the point? It didn't make them look stronger in the end. These were four guys that all beat John Cena as singles competitors. LoN made them look weak. They could have used Sheamus, Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre (when he was still around) and formed the European Connection or something and just aggressively beat the shit out of everyone.

I like stables. The League of Nations was a nifty idea with Soul Calibur ( a video game ) themed music. It would of been nice to seem them win more matches. Lately, whenever the WWE forms a stable they aytomatically become jobbers. It really stinks.

Barrett could go to TNA and try his luck over there.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-09 15:21:39 Reply

At 5/9/16 03:08 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/9/16 02:38 PM, EKM wrote:
I like stables. The League of Nations was a nifty idea with Soul Calibur ( a video game ) themed music. It would of been nice to seem them win more matches. Lately, whenever the WWE forms a stable they aytomatically become jobbers. It really stinks.

I think you have that backwards. They don't turn stables into jobbers, they put jobbers in stables. Sometimes it works, like with the New Day, sometimes it's passable, like Social Outcasts, and sometimes they just have no connection to the audience, with heat or likeability. That about sums up the League of Nations.


Arch-Angel likes this sig!

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-09 16:01:18 Reply

At 5/9/16 03:21 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I think you have that backwards. They don't turn stables into jobbers, they put jobbers in stables. Sometimes it works, like with the New Day, sometimes it's passable, like Social Outcasts, and sometimes they just have no connection to the audience, with heat or likeability. That about sums up the League of Nations.

I miss the old school stables like the nWo. They were not jobbers and always had each other's back. Plus a cool concept and catch phrases.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
DeftonesFan665
DeftonesFan665
  • Member since: Mar. 2, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-10 01:13:42 Reply

At 5/8/16 04:58 PM, Radaketor wrote: Fuck you, WWE.

I can't get over "Dick Kick City" in the background.


It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

Sig by Homicidee.

BBS Signature
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-10 10:51:36 Reply

At 5/9/16 04:01 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/9/16 03:21 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I think you have that backwards. They don't turn stables into jobbers, they put jobbers in stables. Sometimes it works, like with the New Day, sometimes it's passable, like Social Outcasts, and sometimes they just have no connection to the audience, with heat or likeability. That about sums up the League of Nations.
I miss the old school stables like the nWo. They were not jobbers and always had each other's back. Plus a cool concept and catch phrases.

For a faction to really work, it can't be a manufactured group. Look at some of the greatest factions of all time:

The Funks
The Von Erichs
The Freebirds
The Horsemen
The Harts
nWo/DX (aka the Kliq)
The Radicals
New Day

One thing they all had in common is they were all really close friends or family before they joined together. You can also take the Shield as an example where 2 of the guys had an existing bond, and the 3rd guy fit in really well when they got together out of the ring.

These guys all cared about each other as a group and were invested enough that they worked together to come up with ideas, play with promos, etc etc. When you saw them on-screen, they were giving you content they had put their hearts into, and they always felt really organic.

League of Nations really lacked that. Watching them on TV, you never felt any real kinship between the guys, with the exception of Barret and Shamus. Unfortunately, Barret spent too much time injured, and Shamus had just come off a garbage title run, so they never had a chance to build on that. Del Rio and Rusev were not invested in the group at all, and you could feel that. Most of us didn't want to see that faction on TV anymore. Being talented wrestlers individually just wasn't enough.

The good news is with more of the Bullet Club guys coming over, and the angle with Styles/Gallows/Anderson building 'The Club' name in WWE (not to mention the inevitable call-up of Balor), I think you're going to get a proper faction that doesn't job out every week very soon.

We could even see a more permanent faction come from Reigns and the Usos. Naomi, Tamina and Nia Jax could all join in for a more gender diverse group than we've seen before, assuming they pull the trigger and let Reigns (and the Uso's) go heel.

On that note, the Styles/Reigns dynamic has actually gotten kind of fun. It's like they are challenging each other to see who will turn heel first. "ONLY ONE OF US CAN BE THE GOOD GUY"


Arch-Angel likes this sig!

BBS Signature
Radaketor
Radaketor
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-10 13:23:38 Reply

At 5/10/16 10:51 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: The Funks
The Von Erichs
The Freebirds
The Horsemen
The Harts
nWo/DX (aka the Kliq)
The Radicals
New Day
3MB

Fix'd.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-10 20:13:59 Reply

At 5/10/16 10:51 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: On that note, the Styles/Reigns dynamic has actually gotten kind of fun. It's like they are challenging each other to see who will turn heel first. "ONLY ONE OF US CAN BE THE GOOD GUY"

They could pull the John Cena and be a face/heel forever. WWE has this new blurring the lines thing going on with certain wrestlers.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
DomoMekko
DomoMekko
  • Member since: May. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-18 12:19:56 Reply

Another match added to extreme rules

The Usos vs. Gallows and and Anderson in a Texas tornado tag team match


I <3 Rainbow Dash

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-18 17:06:38 Reply

At 5/18/16 12:19 PM, DomoMekko wrote: Another match added to extreme rules

The Usos vs. Gallows and and Anderson in a Texas tornado tag team match

Hopefully, the Usos lose. They are terrible and have no skills. Apparently, anybody related to the Rock can be a wrestler. lol


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
DomoMekko
DomoMekko
  • Member since: May. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-20 12:11:21 Reply

You know I always wonder what could be Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit be doing if they were alive today


I <3 Rainbow Dash

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-20 13:00:12 Reply

At 5/20/16 12:11 PM, DomoMekko wrote: You know I always wonder what could be Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit be doing if they were alive today

They would be midcard at best. Maybe a tag team?

They were both okay, but really overrated.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-20 13:29:55 Reply

At 5/20/16 01:00 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/20/16 12:11 PM, DomoMekko wrote: You know I always wonder what could be Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit be doing if they were alive today
They would be midcard at best. Maybe a tag team?

They were both okay, but really overrated.

Eddie and Benoit were easily 2 of the bust workers of their era, and Eddie had a genuine superstar character on top of it all. What the hell are you smoking?


Arch-Angel likes this sig!

BBS Signature
DomoMekko
DomoMekko
  • Member since: May. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-20 13:42:37 Reply

At 5/20/16 01:00 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/20/16 12:11 PM, DomoMekko wrote: You know I always wonder what could be Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit be doing if they were alive today
They would be midcard at best. Maybe a tag team?

They were both okay, but really overrated.

They would be in their late 40's so I think that they would be retired


I <3 Rainbow Dash

BBS Signature
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-20 14:35:24 Reply

At 5/20/16 01:42 PM, DomoMekko wrote:
At 5/20/16 01:00 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/20/16 12:11 PM, DomoMekko wrote: You know I always wonder what could be Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit be doing if they were alive today
They would be midcard at best. Maybe a tag team?

They were both okay, but really overrated.
They would be in their late 40's so I think that they would be retired

I imagine if Benoit lived and never had any of that brain damage, he'd be working at the performance center. Eddie would still be on TV in some form, and we never would have gotten any real Vickie Guererro runs.


Arch-Angel likes this sig!

BBS Signature