00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,813,561 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2019-07-19 14:40:51

At 7/19/19 12:15 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 7/18/19 12:27 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Loving the new Dororo anime so far. I’ve wanted this to be a thing since I was like 15 or 16 years old. Been a long time since seeing a new anime that I really enjoyed.
Haven't watched it and probably won't for a while, but at first glance I'm a bit disappointed how 'modernized' it is aesthetically. Would've been dope to see a modern anime stick to the vintage manga style.

I think the style is more fitting. It’s extremely tragic and it’s gory as fuck. I don’t think a style close to the comic would work nearly as well for the ending of the Story of Moriko Song. The art of the comic seems so lighthearted.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-07-20 02:25:19

Food Wars is actually better than I thought. You just have to give it a chance.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-03 00:51:28

rec me some animu

inb4 boku no pico

i've already seen it

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-03 12:10:10

Looks like gen:lock is replacing Attack on Titan for the Toonami block, which I’ll take a pass on. Honestly, I was half-expecting RWBY to be there considering that adult swim and Rooster Teeth are now part of the Warnermedia group, and seems to want to cross-promote what they have. There were smart enough not to do that show at least, but hopefully this will be a one-off series and not flood it other RT crap.

As for actual anime, I’m actually enjoying Mom Isekai (the full name is Do you love your Mom and her two hit multiparty attacks?)

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-03 12:23:39

Sorry to double post, but as I was mentioning with Mom isekai, it’s a parody of isekai tropes and shows in general from a viewpoint of a mom and a teenaged son, but doesn’t take them that seriously. If nothing else, it is kind of humorous in a way that a MILF who probably never played a video game before become an OP badass.

Of course, my hope is that it doesn’t turn into a cringefest of generational stereotypes and characters that don’t grow and evolve from this point forward, because they have all of the ingredients to do so, but I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-03 14:08:46 (edited 2019-08-03 14:15:49)

At 8/3/19 12:23 PM, orangebomb wrote: Mom isekai

*Milf Isekai. This is way up my alley and the only thing I'm currently keeping up with week-to-week. It helps that, as far as I can remember, I have literally never bothered with an isekai show, so the animosity others have for this it being too generic is lost on me. I even bought the first light novel, and that's a format I've never even tried before.

I like how the most recent episode didn't feel the need to shoehorn in any ecchi fanservice and just went for a wholesome tone. Though I also find it hilarious the hatred it's getting from some people (a vocal minority of insecure normies) over the more sexual elements. Infinite sexy teenagers are fine but one milf and suddenly people are moral puritans when it comes to anime, fuck off like.

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-03 23:20:49

At 8/3/19 02:08 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 8/3/19 12:23 PM, orangebomb wrote: Mom isekai
*Milf Isekai. This is way up my alley and the only thing I'm currently keeping up with week-to-week. It helps that, as far as I can remember, I have literally never bothered with an isekai show, so the animosity others have for this it being too generic is lost on me. I even bought the first light novel, and that's a format I've never even tried before.

I never hated the isekai genre, but I never really gone out of my way to watch much isekai either. More or less, you’ve seen one, you’ve seen most of them, which is why I put this series and Konosuba above most others is because they play around with those tropes while not taking themselves seriously.

Funny enough, SAO is also considered an isekai series by many, despite the fact that it technically isn’t. (At least not since the first arc.)

I like how the most recent episode didn't feel the need to shoehorn in any ecchi fanservice and just went for a wholesome tone.

I’m honestly curious how long that’ll last, though that won’t be the worst trap they’ll fall into. As I said before, this could turn into a cringeworthy commentary of old school vs. new school gamer diatribe or generational disconnect down the road, but I don’t think they’ll sink to that level.

Though I also find it hilarious the hatred it's getting from some people (a vocal minority of insecure normies) over the more sexual elements. Infinite sexy teenagers are fine but one milf and suddenly people are moral puritans when it comes to anime, fuck off like.

Plus, most of those milfs in anime barely look older than those sexy teenagers in the first place. In anime, you have to make a women a complete bitch, a total old hag or Yotsuba in order not to get lusted over by some fans. Compared to some of the more screwy sexual shit in anime, MILFs are practically low on the list.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-06 15:32:08

At 8/3/19 11:20 PM, orangebomb wrote: I’m honestly curious how long that’ll last, though that won’t be the worst trap they’ll fall into. As I said before, this could turn into a cringeworthy commentary of old school vs. new school gamer diatribe or generational disconnect down the road, but I don’t think they’ll sink to that level.

The light novel so far has given me the impression that the author isn't actually that knowledgeable or invested in games, so I wouldn't worry. The line about modern players having no patience I'm pretty sure was just a hand-wavy way to let them get their signature weapons, and let Mamako be totally overpowered, right off the bat. The actual game mechanics are just background noise.

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-08 09:08:16 (edited 2019-08-08 09:15:56)

Cool, thanks for giving me some recs, you fuckin' turds.

ANYWHO

I'm looking for a certain sub for Angel Beats, I was gonna ask /a/, but thought that maybe you guys would be able to help me out. The sub had different colours for each character, I can't remember correctly, but I think the colour of the subtitles corresponded with the hair colour of each character. It might have been THORA, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. It also wasn't HorribleSubs.

fdsfdssssffff

iu_45167_1830776.jpg

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-10 16:20:21

At 8/3/19 12:51 AM, Sevkat wrote: rec me some animu
inb4 boku no pico
i've already seen it

What kind of genres are you into?

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-11 15:58:44

At 8/8/19 09:08 AM, Sevkat wrote: Cool, thanks for giving me some recs, you fuckin' turds.

Baccano, Kemonozume, Texhnolyze, Blue Gender, Psycho Pass, Chromartie High, GTO?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-15 00:20:37

At 8/3/19 12:23 PM, orangebomb wrote: Sorry to double post, but as I was mentioning with Mom isekai, it’s a parody of isekai tropes and shows in general from a viewpoint of a mom and a teenaged son, but doesn’t take them that seriously. If nothing else, it is kind of humorous in a way that a MILF who probably never played a video game before become an OP badass.

Of course, my hope is that it doesn’t turn into a cringefest of generational stereotypes and characters that don’t grow and evolve from this point forward, because they have all of the ingredients to do so, but I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

I started to notice that series when I came across a video clip on Youtube where a certain tsundere has a beef with her mom. When I starts looking up on the series, the tsundere does have a good reason to hate her mom, being a thot and all. Also the dialogue from the mom mentioning popping her from between her legs...lol.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-15 01:43:08

At 8/8/19 09:08 AM, Sevkat wrote: Cool, thanks for giving me some recs, you fuckin' turds.

ANYWHO
I'm looking for a certain sub for Angel Beats, I was gonna ask /a/, but thought that maybe you guys would be able to help me out. The sub had different colours for each character, I can't remember correctly, but I think the colour of the subtitles corresponded with the hair colour of each character. It might have been THORA, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. It also wasn't HorribleSubs.

fdsfdssssffff

I'm so old school that I know this by heart. Static Subs. Color-coding by hair was their trademark. I briefly worked for them.

Btw, this was not easy to find in original quality. Subs this old don't really exist anywhere outside of ancient p2p networks. They're the 21st century version of old VHS fansubs that were passed around. Long-replaced by Blu-ray re-subs.

iu_47037_387167.jpg

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-15 15:07:10

At 8/15/19 12:20 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I started to notice that series when I came across a video clip on Youtube where a certain tsundere has a beef with her mom.

It's good shit, yo. That episode has a surprisingly wholesome ending. Interested to see where it goes.

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-16 14:30:24

Hello Anime Club, I have seen two anime films, Your Name, and A Silent Voice, I enjoyed both of these. I don't suppose you guys can recommend anymore films along these sorts of lines?

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-19 21:09:24

At 8/16/19 02:30 PM, Little-Rena wrote: Hello Anime Club, I have seen two anime films, Your Name, and A Silent Voice, I enjoyed both of these. I don't suppose you guys can recommend anymore films along these sorts of lines?

Just checked out A Silent Voice today, my god, that was a fantastic film. I'll admit, while the movie got me close to crying, I can safely say it will be a tear jerker for some. While my 'anime' movie list very narrow, I can recommend Spirited Away as a great anime movie, while more on the fantasy side of things, still fun to watch. As for more recent ones, I've hear pretty good things about "The Boy and the Beast" so I say give that one a shot

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-20 14:24:35

At 8/19/19 09:09 PM, Omega88x wrote:
At 8/16/19 02:30 PM, Little-Rena wrote: Hello Anime Club, I have seen two anime films, Your Name, and A Silent Voice, I enjoyed both of these. I don't suppose you guys can recommend anymore films along these sorts of lines?
Just checked out A Silent Voice today, my god, that was a fantastic film. I'll admit, while the movie got me close to crying, I can safely say it will be a tear jerker for some. While my 'anime' movie list very narrow, I can recommend Spirited Away as a great anime movie, while more on the fantasy side of things, still fun to watch. As for more recent ones, I've hear pretty good things about "The Boy and the Beast" so I say give that one a shot

Yeah, A Silent Voice is a real emotional film, I really enjoy it, especially when I am able to feel emotions, it's great to feel! But Spirited Away, I have already seen, I'm sure everyone has seen that! If not, they should see it, that's a good film too. I'll put The Boy and The Beast on my list though.

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-20 17:23:43

Are we talking emotional anime? How about Wolf Children?

Signature art by Johnsmith0791, put together by solitonmedic.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-26 16:40:00 (edited 2019-08-26 16:42:23)

Fairy tail?

It's pretty good, I'm not the biggest fan or anything *notice the heavy sarcasm* but it would be good to discuss it, the plot, the characters, the magic, natsu. Natsu is the coolest. I will burn you at the stake (pun intended) if you don't think he's cool.

Response to Anime Club 2019-08-31 05:10:13

Hey, I'm new here. I'm a pretty big One Piece fan & love Black Clover too.

Response to Anime Club 2019-09-04 07:19:25

I picked up the Dororo manga the other day. My friend watched the remake and was really into it, so I'm excited to read Tezuka's original. I also picked up a manga called Erased by Kei Sanbe, since it seemed interesting (Plus, I love hardcover books). Anyone heard of it?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-09-04 17:23:25

At 9/4/19 07:19 AM, RudeBoyEEEE wrote: I also picked up a manga called Erased by Kei Sanbe,

Haven't seen it, but the anime came out a few years ago and was very well received. MAL has it ranked #90 by score and #36 by popularity.

Response to Anime Club 2019-09-05 00:55:12

At 9/4/19 05:23 PM, Jackho wrote: Haven't seen it, but the anime came out a few years ago and was very well received. MAL has it ranked #90 by score and #36 by popularity.

Hey, not bad! Looking forward to reading this one, then!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-09-24 05:53:45

Last week was the season finale of gen:LOCK and this week is the penultimate episode of Dragon Ball Super, along with an encore of the previous 10 episodes. What do you think Toonami has in store for us in October?

I know season 4 of My Hero Academia premieres in Japan October 12, but I wouldn't expect the dub for a week or two afterwards.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-10-11 05:53:50

At 9/24/19 05:53 AM, MrTrivia wrote: Last week was the season finale of gen:LOCK and this week is the penultimate episode of Dragon Ball Super, along with an encore of the previous 10 episodes. What do you think Toonami has in store for us in October?
I know season 4 of My Hero Academia premieres in Japan October 12, but I wouldn't expect the dub for a week or two afterwards.

I know I'm answering my own question, but season 2 of One Punch Man premieres tomorrow along with Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-10-23 02:08:46

I have been keeping up with Toonami, just been too busy to post about it. Fire Force has really gotten better as it goes.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-11-10 03:53:20

Oh man. MrTrivia. Gotta admit, I didn't expect to see any names I recognized.

Response to Anime Club 2019-11-11 12:44:11 (edited 2019-11-11 12:45:25)

Okay there's no way in hell I'm going to bother reading over 2000 pages but I'll partake here since I'm trying to be more active on the forums here.

A LIST OF DIOSHIBA'S FAVORITE ANIME IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

Series:

• Jojo's Bizzare Adventure (Specifically Battle Tendency but Stardust Crusaders is a personal second to that)
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • OG Dragonball (Z is fine, Super is Okay, IDK WTF GT is)
  • Sailor Moon (which is one of the few shows outside of my demographic that I actually enjoy)
  • Devilman Crybaby
  • Naruto (Putting aside filler, this is a fucking good anime and I can tell you why)
  • Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Film:

• Akira
  • The Night is Short, Walk On Girl
  • Summer Wars
  • The Boy and The Beast
  • Paprika

People working on anime behind the scenes:

• Norio Matsumoto (Litterally everything this man touches is beautiful, especially because of the fight scenes he does)
  • Mamoru Hosoda
  • Masakki Yuasa
  • Osamu Tezuka (While I'm not 100 % fond of Astro Boy, he has significance in the industry. I'm more interested in his work in short film than I am many of the other things that he made and that's because of the experimental nature of his work in that regard, like Jumping.)

So that pretty much covers just about everything concerning where my tastes are if we're picking favorites.

At 8/26/19 04:40 PM, Ambrux wrote: Fairy tail?
It's pretty good, I'm not the biggest fan or anything *notice the heavy sarcasm* but it would be good to discuss it, the plot, the characters, the magic, natsu. Natsu is the coolest. I will burn you at the stake (pun intended) if you don't think he's cool.

My biggest problem with Fairy Tail is that it has to explain a move someone makes to explain to the audience in the middle of a fight nearly all the time. And that kills the pacing for me when it does that.

I mean yes explain certain elements of the show when it's not in the middle of a fight or at the very least allow the viewer to trust what is going on without having to explain how a character made a move after the fact, its almost as if the show writers didn't fully trust the audience in that sense.

I mean yes I realize this is a fairly common thing for Shonen to do, but still I would prefer it at a minimum.

Response to Anime Club 2019-11-20 16:56:50

The new episodes of One Punch Man have been good. Maybe not as good as the first ones, but pretty close.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2019-11-20 20:23:53

Cautious Hero is easily the best comedy this season.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature